Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,498 members, 7,801,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Late Mechanic Chima’s Father Cries Out: Who Will Take Care Of Us Now? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Late Mechanic Chima’s Father Cries Out: Who Will Take Care Of Us Now? (268 Views)

Autopsy Report On Late Chima Ikwunado Not Expected This Week, See Why! / VIDEO: How Chima, Mechanic Was Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers State / Dr Obinna Chima Ngonadi, For Nnewi North Constituency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Late Mechanic Chima’s Father Cries Out: Who Will Take Care Of Us Now? by holygist: 7:18am On Jan 25, 2020
Father of the deceased vehicle mechanic alleged killed while in custody of the E Crack Police Unit in Port Harcourt, Kelvin Ikwumado has told Holygist that he is in shock and is yet to come to terms with the reality that Chima, the financial pillar and breadwinner of his family is dead.

Elder Ikwumado in an exclusive interview with the Holygist in Port Harcourt said the late Chima has been in charge of his upkeep since his business liquidated and wondered what will become his fate and that of his pregnant wife now Chima is no more.

He said, “I used to operate a shop before which engulfed in fire and I lost everything. I tried to rebuild it, but Amaechi brought a bulldozer and demolished the structure. I could not recover even one item. I have tried to secure a job since then, even a security job. It has not been possible. Chima has been the one taking care of me all this while. It was Chima that was paying for my house rent. He is the one that was providing food for me. The phone I am using now was bought by Chima. Everything I have today was given by Chima”.

The distressed father who last saw his son on December 20th narrated how his initial worries about Chima failure to answer or return calls and his sudden disappearance from his home and workplace eventually led him to the E Crack Police Unit where he was told his son was a criminal and asked to leave immediately or risk being locked up like him.

“I kept calling Chima on the phone. His phone was ringing, but he was not answering. I went to check him at his residence. It was already late, so the gate was locked. I returned very early the following morning. I saw the clothes he soaked to wash close to his door. But I did not see him. Then his wife also called and complained that she could not reach him on the phone. I asked her what happened; she said she does not know. I asked her if they had any dispute before she travelled, she said no. I became scared and jittery. I had to look for him at his place of work. I asked a man I met about him. He said Chima had not resumed. I asked someone else who said he had not seen him for about three days. I asked if Chima travelled outside the state for a job, he said he has no idea. I then protruded further. I had to introduce myself as his father. It was then he told me that E Crack Police arrested Chima.

“As I got to the station and made enquiries, I was directed to the Investigation Police Officer (IPO). The moment I introduced myself, he started screaming that Chima is a criminal. When I responded that my son is no criminal, he shouted me down and threatened to lock me up if I make such an assertion again. So I asked him to tell us what we should do, he said we should get out, that we have no right to demand for him. I asked him when Government passed the law that people should no longer enquire about the whereabouts or condition of their relatives”.

read more>>> http://holygist.com/article?t=late-chima%E2%80%99s-father-cries-out-who-will-take-care-of-us-now?

Re: Late Mechanic Chima’s Father Cries Out: Who Will Take Care Of Us Now? by money121(m): 7:20am On Jan 25, 2020
Ok
Re: Late Mechanic Chima’s Father Cries Out: Who Will Take Care Of Us Now? by Horlatunjeee: 7:42am On Jan 25, 2020
Ehyaa

(1) (Reply)

Kobe Bryant Dies In Calabasas Helicopter Crash That Killed Multiple People / Anthony Celestine And His ACA Assembly / Amazing Biz Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.