Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Amotekun: Amotekun Is Not Illegal Abubarkar Malami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Amotekun Is Not Illegal Abubarkar Malami (327 Views)

Amotekun Amotekun Amotekun. The Whole Story of the Western Nigeria Security Netw / Amotekun Is Unconstitutional - Maigari Dingyadi, Police Affairs Minister / Afenifere Adopts Atiku Abubarkar, Says Osinbajo Betrayed Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amotekun: Amotekun Is Not Illegal Abubarkar Malami by kenny160: 3:07pm On Jan 25, 2020
Nigeria's Attorney General, Abubakar Malami, has said he was misquoted on the South-West regional security outfit codenamed 'Operation Amotekun'. he claims he never said Amotekun was illegal.

He stated:

“I was misinterpreted on Operation Amotekun, I did not say it’s illegal.

“I said the Operation Amotekun should be properly backed by law, so if at the end of this government, if the operation has been backed by law, any government that eventually succeeded this government would not rubbish the operation.

“I said if they failed to enact a law in support of Amotekun in the South-West Region of Nigeria, another government can come and say it’s illegal and this is because it is not backed up by any law.

“So, it is just a piece of advice to the state governors to use their power and the State Houses of Assembly in their various states to enact a law that will make the operation more effective.”

Could this be confirmation that Amotekun is now nationally accepted and could be rolled-out in all of Nigeria and maybe the first steps towards State Police?
#pk
Re: Amotekun: Amotekun Is Not Illegal Abubarkar Malami by DaBullIT(m): 4:31pm On Jan 25, 2020
See backing off

(1) (Reply)

Sad!!! Nigerian Police Allegedly Tortured And Brutalized Man To Death (video) / Fayemi To Build New Ado-ekiti Ring Road / New Security Infrastructure Will Be Launched Before June- Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.