Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria (8401 Views)

The 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria / 15 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria / 10 Best Courses To Study In Nigeria Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by LadySwitz: 10:53pm On Jan 25, 2020
Aguemma:
You are insane for including Material and metallurgical engineering.

Lmao!

Some of you are taking this thing personal. It is what it is.

OP strike out Music and replace with CRK or Archeology or History
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by LadySwitz: 10:58pm On Jan 25, 2020
rattlesnake:

How can u write JAMB and end up studying sport

Shift!.

There are so many courses...sports is the umbrella. There are human kinetics, Physical and Health Science, Sports Psychology etc too numerous to mention. A lucrative field...aside scoring a goal on the pitch there are other actions that take place.

You know nothing.!

1 Like

Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by yusman14(m): 11:12pm On Jan 25, 2020
SchoolZinicc:
11: Materials and Metallurgical Engineering

12: Biochemistry

You better make your research before posting...
Materials science and engineering is one of the best engineering courses..
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by yusman14(m): 11:15pm On Jan 25, 2020
triple996:
man dem plenty
bt hope say no engineering cource de their woo
The op is funny oooo... imagine include MSE
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by yusman14(m): 11:19pm On Jan 25, 2020
Aguemma:
At not sure you know Material and metallurgical engineering, if u do, u shouldn't have included it.
As in the guy is very stupid... materials science and engineering is one of the best engineering course currently.. because new technologies requires the use of advance and improved materials....
Most EEE,MEE graduates are now doing there masters in nanotechnology in my department..very lucrative field I must say
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by yusman14(m): 11:26pm On Jan 25, 2020
SchoolZinicc:

which course did you studied?
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by noblealuu: 11:39pm On Jan 25, 2020
Dear family, I beg you in the name of God to oblige me this humble request below.

Please dear Nairalanders, kindly spare 60 seconds of your time to vote for my sister in an entrepreneurship contest.

Deborah Oluwaseyi Olujobi is an alumni of the Lagos business school's Enterprise Development Center and the Fate Foundation. She is the CEO at Faidez wears

I worked with her closely in the very early stage of her business and I am impressed with her progress so far. I have observed her go about her business with so much impact, finesse and display of business knowledge.

She has been shortlisted as one of the top 5 nominees of the Next Economy Impact awards and needs our votes to win. I can vouch for her that she deserves this award.

Kindly vote for her at https://tneimpactawards.com/lagos/

Voting ends midnight,(few minutes from now) January 25, 2020.

*Don't forget to use a working email address so you can get your OTP. Ensure to check your spam, promotional and socials for the OTP*

Please help push this thing, make this babe win this award plssssssss!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by ignis: 12:22am On Jan 26, 2020
All course na course
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by Birniwa(m): 2:48am On Jan 26, 2020
Random idiot who just smoked weed is here typing BS on Nairaland. Please go sit down in the toilet.

1 Like

Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by SchoolZinicc: 3:29am On Jan 26, 2020
yusman14:
which course did you studied?

So I should answer you in past tense, right?

"studied" just stu-died
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by SchoolZinicc: 3:35am On Jan 26, 2020
yusman14:
You better make your research before posting...
Materials science and engineering is one of the best engineering courses..

Yeah, it's very useless in Nigeria at the moment, especially when Ajokuta is shut down completely and the few remaining small scale steel manufacturing factories rely on scraps an works with foreigners with Nigerian unskilled labourers whom they pay peanuts for the dirty part of the job as field worker.

Outside that who else employs a material engr. in Naija?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by SchoolZinicc: 3:37am On Jan 26, 2020
2RUTHHURTS:

Are you sure you are not typing in ur sleep shocked

People like you who have zero inputs on intellectual issues only rants like bingo when the forces are out on patrol.
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by Alkheira(m): 6:25am On Jan 26, 2020
SchoolZinicc:

what does this one know about mme

1 Like

Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by ignis: 6:27am On Jan 26, 2020
SchoolZinicc:

Yeah, it's very useless in Nigeria at the moment, especially when Ajokuta is shut down completely and the few remaining small scale steel manufacturing factories rely on scraps an works with foreigners with Nigerian unskilled labourers whom they pay peanuts for the dirty part of the job as field worker.

I concur

2 Likes

Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 26, 2020
Myschoolbreeze:
According to Myschoolgist.Net

1. Horticulture
2. Classical studies
3. Arabic and Islamic Studies
4. Religious Studies
5. History
6. Sociology
7. Music
8. Sports
9. Library and information science
10. Political science

For complete details see the source: https://myschoolgist.net/top-10-worst-course-to-study-in-nigeria/

Nonsense. Include History on that list all you want. But know one thing first sure. It is a course for sages and sages alone.

Go figure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by NewBalance: 7:33am On Jan 26, 2020
ade002:
Please exclude music. Music teachers are in real demand so also all religious studies

Most of the above mentioned courses are not bad if you are hard working and have an entrepreneurial spirit.

For instance horticulture. Do you know the cost of some flowers or some tree seedlings

They don't even know the essence in fragrances come from plants.
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by encryptjay(m): 10:03am On Jan 26, 2020
ultimatekint:
My son is preparing to apply for 'HumanKinetics'(Sports) into one of the Federal Government University; what should we do now?
Don't mind the OP, if your son is interested in Human Kinetics, let him study the course. If he's interested in one particular sports and plays it, that's a plus. He can venture into Sports management, Health Education, Sports science in his MSc and doctorate.
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by kcaller: 10:59am On Jan 26, 2020
rattlesnake:

How can u write JAMB and end up studying sport

You don’t know nothing bro.... you can actually study sports and do your masters abroad too.... you can be a scout or a coach.... do you know how much scouts earn? ... I applied for Sports administration at Valparaiso University, Indiana for my masters

1 Like

Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by kcaller: 11:01am On Jan 26, 2020
ultimatekint:
My son is preparing to apply for 'HumanKinetics'(Sports) into one of the Federal Government University; what should we do now?

Let him study it, then apply for Sports Administration at Valparaiso University for his masters.... he might want to be a football coach or even a scout..... they earn big
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by Dpaulie(m): 11:07am On Jan 26, 2020
Zoology
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by ojuolape39(m): 11:12am On Jan 26, 2020
What your own course before u condemn others ...❓❓❓❓❓
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by Dpaulie(m): 11:12am On Jan 26, 2020
kcaller:

You don’t know nothing bro.... you can actually study sports and do your masters abroad too.... you can be a scout or a coach.... do you know how much scouts earn? ... I applied for Sports administration at Valparaiso University, Indiana for my masters
so everyone will have the opportunity to go for masters at Valparaiso?, all in the name of studying a course which is as useless and irrelevant as p in psychology...don’t mislead people here, this valpasaiso man
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by Guest911: 11:42am On Jan 26, 2020
0ppa:
Wrong stereotype. It may interest you to know Medicine and Law are overrated too. The society places much emphasis in paper qualifications, and most graduates with good grades fair less than their contemporaries with lesser grades. The bottom line is actually having a good referral being referable .
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by yusman14(m): 12:32pm On Jan 26, 2020
SchoolZinicc:

I can see that you know nothing about the course..
Materials engineering encompasses metallurgical engineering...
We don't only work on metals...we have different materials presently...polymers,ceramics industries are also there.....and we have alot of composites and plastic industries in Nigeria....
Make your research....it is materials engineering not metallurgical engineering as it was called before..
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by yusman14(m): 12:34pm On Jan 26, 2020
SchoolZinicc:

So I should answer you in past tense, right?

"studied" just stu-died
It's typo err....
Just tell me the course bro
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by yusman14(m): 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2020
Alkheira:
what does this one know about mme
As in...the bro just wanna downgrade the course..wey Nanotechnology dey hot presently...

1 Like

Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by yusman14(m): 12:38pm On Jan 26, 2020
ignis:

I concur
You don't know anything about MSE bro...
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by ignis: 12:53pm On Jan 26, 2020
yusman14:
You don't know anything about MSE bro...

Please teach me
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by yusman14(m): 1:04pm On Jan 26, 2020
ignis:

Please teach me
Did you study the course??if no,make your research..
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by ultimatekint(m): 1:47pm On Jan 26, 2020
kcaller:

Let him study it, then apply for Sports Administration at Valparaiso University for his masters.... he might want to be a football coach or even a scout..... they earn big
Thanks a lot. I will do that. God bless you sir.
Re: 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria by ultimatekint(m): 1:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
encryptjay:

Don't mind the OP, if your son is interested in Human Kinetics, let him study the course. If he's interested in one particular sports and plays it, that's a plus. He can venture into Sports management, Health Education, Sports science in his MSc and doctorate.
Thank you very much for the deeper and kind words. He is actually interested in playing Basketball of which he has started some kind of practice ; I even went further to buy him a basketball that worth seven thousand five hundred naira early this year. ; because I noticed his high interest in the game.Though, he is a science student.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny School Meme We Can All Relate To / 2015/16 Kwara Polytechnic 1st Admission List Is Out Call:07055433200. / Yabatech Cut Off Mark Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.