Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

How Do I Handle This Issue With My Mum - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Handle This Issue With My Mum (2925 Views)

How Do I Handle This Kind Of Woman? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue With My Mum by frozen70(f): 2:15am On Jan 27, 2020
chiemmanuel:
I give my mother monthly allowance, she also works, anytime she requests for extra money, I try my best to make sure I give it to her, the problem is she keeps asking for money from others, and when they ask of me, she tells them that I rarely give her money

My uncle and aunt had called me to enquire, why i don't take care of her, i had to print my statement of account, for them to see,
Meanwhile I asked my mother, she denied it

She doesn't seem to stop, I don't want it to look that I am neglecting her, I have other dependants also.

PLEASE HOW DO I HANDLE THIS SITUATION WITHOUT CAUSING PROBLEMS

Very simple

Those she reported to that you don't give her money and also denies getting money from you, hence Fort, they are now your witness

Whenever she makes any financial request, give to them she will be going there to collect it from them if that won't work, stop sending money to her through online, go to bank pay across the counter and keep the teller

Get an exercise book note every transaction and date with the teller stapled to each page that you wrote it down

Just keep it as prove of payment

Nonsense, why is she behaving like that, and you said she is your mother

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue With My Mum by tenderjunkie: 2:27am On Jan 27, 2020
Ishilove:

In that case manage mama like that, but let her know she is embarrassing you, and that if she persists in her bambi ala ways then you will truly stop giving her money (all na mouth but you sha get the point).

She can not change at this stage of her life. She can only be managed.
I agree with this. Mama is already old so no need to get offended. Although subtle threat once in a while should do
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue With My Mum by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:30am On Jan 27, 2020
chiemmanuel:
I give my mother monthly allowance, she also works, anytime she requests for extra money, I try my best to make sure I give it to her, the problem is she keeps asking for money from others, and when they ask of me, she tells them that I rarely give her money

My uncle and aunt had called me to enquire, why i don't take care of her, i had to print my statement of account, for them to see,

She doesn't seem to stop, I don't want it to look that I am neglecting her, I have other dependants also.

1 where is your father in this equation its your father's job cover the allowance ? money from you is token of appreciation for cant classified as allowance

2 was she ever borrowing or she does it because she knows you always chip in as your allowance is used as cushion to her borrowing

3 Continue giving her money within your means but keeps the records

4 Who ask you about the lies from your mother, use the records to speak on your behalf

5 Using point 3 & 4 eventually people will see through your mother's lies

5 Dont be blackmailed by mum "saying your are embrassing her in proving thats she is lying " object her statement by saying she is teaching you to lie to people because she lies to people

Most Africans milk their kids dry before s/he even starts his/her family . We start by sort off repaying a debts you inherit by simply being born to them. They dont even care about your own future with wife and kids . Some demand leaving with grandkids as a way to keep you sending money to them

Yes lets look after parents but parents also lets leave room for our kids to prosper better and have a better future financially than having sort lineage of poverty

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue With My Mum by lorhema(f): 12:13pm On Jan 27, 2020
[quote author=GRACEGLORY post=861099

... your mum tells those people you're not giving her isn't to paint you black, it could be cos some of those people expects from her or she tries to avoid some relatives bills, so, she thinks telling them she doesn't have enough, and her son doesn't give her will exonorate her. I'm sure if you ask her, she'd give you her reason. It could be one of the right things our parents do wrongly.
[/quote]

My mum did this.

She told her siblings that my sibling and I didn't take care of her. When I asked her why she did so, she said she didn't want people asking her for loans!

Well, I told her brother what was happening and he talked to her and put a stop to it.

It hurts so I wouldnt advise Op to be silent. He should let her close sibling know what is going on..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue With My Mum by thunderbj: 3:12pm On Jan 27, 2020
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue With My Mum by eazzzy1(m): 7:23am On Jan 28, 2020
Your mum is greedy and it’s difficult to change things like that in adulthood. Whenever people call you to report her begging, tell them not to give her anything.

You can go further to tell your uncles and aunts to tell your mum that you instructed them not to give her anything again. She will stop begging if they stop giving.
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue With My Mum by olamoses75(m): 9:26pm On Jan 29, 2020
Why do you have to care about those accusing you of not taking care of your mother in the first place!? Are you doing it so that your relatives can recognise your effort or what? What you're fighting for now is that she is not respecting you by telling people you don't give her money, you must have forgotten that OUR PARENTS DOES NOT OWE US ANY RESPECT, WE DO!
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue With My Mum by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
chiemmanuel:

No wonder....you even have issues with your mother

Hahahaha

Go and face your family problem Mr man
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue With My Mum by chiemmanuel(m): 8:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
Organicist95:

No wonder....you even have issues with your mother

Hahahaha

Go and face your family problem Mr man
at least I have a mum, yours was used for rituals, irony is that your family is still wretched
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue With My Mum by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 06, 2020
chiemmanuel:
at least I have a mum, yours was used for rituals, irony is that your family is still wretched

Hahahahahaha

Whose family is wretched?

grin grin grin grin

Guy stop embarrassing yourself.....

grin grin grin

tongue
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue With My Mum by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 06, 2020
chiemmanuel:

Call a meeting...video call, conference call.. Anyhow, join everybody together . Right in front of everyone, you ask her again. Case closed!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Most Married Women Cheat / When Is A Male Child Expected To Leave His "Father's" House? / Describe This Cook In One Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.