Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,851 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Mistake a Born Again should never make - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mistake a Born Again should never make (25353 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again / How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by ABINTUK(m): 9:32am On Jan 26, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Christianity is being mocked because your religion is capable of being mocked. Fix your religion and fix yourselves.
Another mumu here.

Go fix your mother and father first before coming to talk with me.

God punish your useless mother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by ignis: 9:33am On Jan 26, 2020
Offpoint:

forget about it Seun will never do it, it's not the million times he has been called out to this

Please let's give him the benefit of doubt.
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by Bacteriologist(m): 9:38am On Jan 26, 2020
ABINTUK:

Another mumu here.

Ah yeah. As usual... A loving Christian sharing all that love Christ preached.

Your actions -more than words- will be what motivates most people to either embrace your religion, tolerate, criticize or actually despise it.

So thank you for showing how loving Christians often are. wink

2 Likes

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by CAPSLOCKED: 9:39am On Jan 26, 2020
Fredmatic:

I know u are not a Christian. If u are not please with the way they do their things, then leave us alone and stop commenting because you just type rubbish

remember to leave us sinners and devils alone whenever you want to preach about your God in our streets, in our buses, and on the internet.

In fact, for your folks to create these threads about your God, is a crime against us. Keep your religion in your pocket and you will never hear from us.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by Offpoint: 9:39am On Jan 26, 2020
ignis:

Please let's give him the benefit of doubt.
Don't bother, he's an atheist.
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by ABINTUK(m): 9:44am On Jan 26, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Ah yeah. As usual... A loving Christian sharing all that love Christ preached.

Your actions -more than words- will be what motivates most people to either embrace your religion, tolerate, criticize or actually despise it.

So thank you for showing how loving Christians often are. wink

Thanks for your understanding....
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:47am On Jan 26, 2020
illitrate:
It is high time nairaland make a conversion survey just like the Islamic section. not everyone can come here and comment.

If you go to the ISLAMIC section to comment, a survey will force you to attest that mhd is the prophet

posters must first attest that they accept Jesus Christ as their lord and personal savior before posting.
They should create CHRISTIANITY section instead. This is RELIGION section
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by femi4: 9:51am On Jan 26, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

If we can make mistakes, then we alter God's plans.

If we can alter God's plans, then God's plans are not perfect.

If God's plans are not perfect, then God is not perfect.

If God and his plans are not perfect, then there's no need entrusting our lives to him.... Because he will fail, and blame it on our "mistakes".
You cannot alter his plan, you can only choose not to be part of his plan or be in his plan.

He gave us all freewill, how you use it is your palava

4 Likes

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by Bacteriologist(m): 9:52am On Jan 26, 2020
ABINTUK:

Thanks for your understanding....

And thank you for understanding why we do not take you lots a tad seriously when you say that Christianity is the most tolerant and loving religion.

Your initial reply will be evidence for me and so many others that will go through the thread now and in the distant future that one of the most uncouth, barbaric and hateful minds you will find are Christians.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by SmileDance(f): 9:58am On Jan 26, 2020
Yamleg:
What?
Forgiveness is divine!
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by knowhowk: 10:02am On Jan 26, 2020
No one is Perfect.
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by CAPSLOCKED: 10:05am On Jan 26, 2020
femi4:
You cannot alter his plan, you can only choose not to be part of his plan or be in his plan.

He gave us all freewill, how you use it is your palava

You say I cannot alter his plan. Then you say I can choose to either be part of his plan or not.
If I can make this decision, have I not altered God's plan, therefore rendering it imperfect, and useless?

Of what use is his plan when we can make the choice of participating in his party or not?

Do you know that when you say freewill has been given, it means we can do anything we want as long as we choose?
If we can do anything "we" want, like for example, either going to school or not, does God really have a "perfect plan" since the choice is already ours to make, which shows clearly, that we do not follow any divine plans?

Does God's plan include you getting an amazing job, having two eyes to read my post with?
Does God's plan also include Leah's suffering in borno, and the murder of hundreds in the hands of herdsmen?
Tell me if God's plan include the earthquakes and volcanic eruptions that has killed thousands since 2019. Or is it God's plan that my favorite football club is sitted 19th position on the league table?

I think there's no plan and everything happens randomly. If all this goes according to a certain plan, then the planner has to be the worst planner ever, and there's no assurance for people like you, that this confused planner has designed the best plan for you and your family.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by ENEMYOFGOD6: 10:14am On Jan 26, 2020
blazepascal:
what do you mean by sin does not exist ,Are you a christian.

What's sin ? Can you define sin for me ??
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by TruthHurts100: 10:18am On Jan 26, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Not asking GOD for forgiveness during prayers or when you mistakenly commit sin.
 There are sins we commit that are not deliberate. We must always ask our FATHER to pardon us for such sins, HE will pardon us.
HE is pleased with our humility. HE will forgive you and cleanse you.

Always remember to praise & show HIM great appreciations for prayers answered. This pleases HIM too, alot! I normally say "FATHER, I love you with all my heart. Thank you so much for all you have done for me"

My problem is...
Who is a born again?
Who certifies someone a born again?
What are the scriptural procedure of becoming a born again?
What is the scriptural reasons why someone is born again?

Scriptural answers pls.

Whatever you say.... Remember Jesus' discussion with Nicodemus.
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by peachysteve(m): 10:19am On Jan 26, 2020
illitrate:
It is high time nairaland make a conversion survey just like the Islamic section. not everyone can come here and comment.

If you go to the islamic section to comment, a survey will force you to attest that mhd is the prophet

posters must first attest that they accept Jesus Christ as their lord and personal savior before posting.

Lalasticlala , Seun please kindly look into this.. enough of seen Christian session been bastardized while you the admins make sure the Muslim thread and sessions are not that way.. it’s not so good..please look into this and do the same
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by femi4: 10:20am On Jan 26, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

You say I cannot alter his plan. Then you say I can choose to either be part of his plan or not.
If I can make this decision, have I not altered God's plan, therefore rendering it imperfect, and useless?

Of what use is his plan when we can make the choice of participating in his party or not?

Do you know that when you say freewill has been given, it means we can do anything we want as long as we choose?
If we can do anything "we" want, like for example, either going to school or not, does God really have a "perfect plan" since the choice is already ours to make, which shows clearly, that we do not follow any divine plans?

Does God's plan include you getting an amazing job, having two eyes to read my post with?
Does God's plan also include Leah's suffering in borno, and the murder of hundreds in the hands of herdsmen?
Tell me if God's plan include the earthquakes and volcanic eruptions that has killed thousands since 2019. Or is it God's plan that my favorite football club is sitted 19th position on the league table?

I think there's no plan and everything happens randomly. If all this goes according to a certain plan, then the planner has to be the worst planner ever, and there's no assurance for people like you, that this confused planner has designed the best plan for you and your family.

let me give you a good example

God's plan: I ll destroy the earth with flood

Man's action: Noah and his family entered the ark and were saved

2. Those that disobeyed God's order were destroyed

God doesn't enforce, it's either you align your decision with his plan or work out of his plan

1 Like

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by tj4luck(m): 10:27am On Jan 26, 2020
GREAT NEWS TO ALL THE MEN

SAFE Your Marriage/Affair With The 100% Effective Remedy (NO SIDE EFFECT) To CONQUER Weak Erection, Small Manhood, And Premature Ejaculation Within 14 Days

DON'T EXPOSE YOUR WIFE TO INFIDELITY

CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE https://naturehealthline.club/ejac/
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by Liposure: 10:28am On Jan 26, 2020
remsonik:
God doesn't reason like a man, he wasn't made with the characteristics of man, yes he's designed our life but atimes we make mistakes that can evict us from such Master plan so you need to be prayerful. There are so many battles God is fighting for you and you don't know, so many evil agents of the devil around us.
baby, you made a good point. But i hav a problem wit you saying 'God wasn't made with d xteristics of man'. Was God ever created?
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by Tizmamoney: 10:29am On Jan 26, 2020
ENEMYOFGOD6:
nobody has ever committed sin.sin doesn't exist.if sin truly exist,then the yeye useless hopeless worthless God could be the chief siner.because the useless hopeless worthless God has committed more sin in that useless Bible than any other person.
u dey mad
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by edem10(m): 10:42am On Jan 26, 2020
ENEMYOFGOD6:
nobody has ever committed sin.sin doesn't exist.if sin truly exist,then the yeye useless hopeless worthless God could be the chief siner.because the useless hopeless worthless God has committed more sin in that useless Bible than any other person.
All atheist will rotten in hell
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by kernniejay(m): 10:50am On Jan 26, 2020
ybalogs:
Who is a "Born again"to start with? Does being a Born again mean you never commit crimes?
A born again is somebody who has lived in sin and committed sin before, but has now genuinely met God and repented or feel sorry for all his sin and accepted Jesus to be his Lord and Savior. All the sins the person has committed before will be forgiven and forgotten and the person will now become a child of God through Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by kernniejay(m): 10:59am On Jan 26, 2020
Offpoint:
They said "A prayer of a sinner is an abomination before the Lord"

And then "No matter your sins, if you pray and ask for forgiveness God will forgive you"

I need answer to this...

1st God doesn't answer a sinner
2nd a sinner should pray and ask God for forgiveness and he'll be forgiven.

I need someone to explain this context
A sinner who has not repented of his sins but prays to God or any god is committing more abomination. But once a person acknowledges that he is a sinner and he repents or feel sorry for his sins, and then he prays to God for forgiveness and accepts Jesus Christ the son of God, as his Lord and Savior, God is very willing to hear such prayers and forgive the sinner. (Check Proverbs 28.13 in the Bible) God will forget all the sins of such person and make the person becomes child of God, but the person must consciously make effort not to go back into the sin, that is why it is important for new believers to look for a genuine church to attend so that he can be trained in the right way so that he wont fall back into his old way, because devil will be trying his best to make the person fall back into sin and deny Jesus. It is also very important for new believers to be studying the Bible everyday so that he can grow in faith.
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by kernniejay(m): 11:04am On Jan 26, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Christianity is being mocked because your religion is capable of being mocked. Fix your religion and fix yourselves.
Christianity is not a religion. And it is expected to mock Christianity because Jesus has told us how we will be mocked and persecuted, so all forms of mockery are welcomed, our aim is to make heaven, not to make earth. We just pray that God will open your eyes to see, know and accept the TRUTH.

1 Like

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by Dantedasz(m): 11:07am On Jan 26, 2020
ABINTUK:

Another mumu here.

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by henrysilver(m): 11:07am On Jan 26, 2020
Offpoint:
They said "A prayer of a sinner is an abomination before the Lord"

And then "No matter your sins, if you pray and ask for forgiveness God will forgive you"

I need answer to this...

1st God doesn't answer a sinner
2nd a sinner should pray and ask God for forgiveness and he'll be forgiven.

I need someone to explain this context
You can not wrong your worldly father and still go to him for anything ,can you go to your father in the evening for your school fees knowing fully well that you wronged him in the Morning of that same day?,I think what you should do first is to ask for his forgiveness before you can go to him for your school fees .If you have brain you will get something out of my write up.
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by kernniejay(m): 11:09am On Jan 26, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

If we can make mistakes, then we alter God's plans.

If we can alter God's plans, then God's plans are not perfect.

If God's plans are not perfect, then God is not perfect.

If God and his plans are not perfect, then there's no need entrusting our lives to him.... Because he will fail, and blame it on our "mistakes".
So, the One Who created the heavens and the earth, the seas and oceans, the lions and the sharks, the crocodiles and whales, night and day, sun and moon, mountains and valleys, winds and rain, ants and bees, every living thing including you whose breathe has made you alive, is not perfect?
May God have mercy on you and deliver you from Satan whose ideology has blind-folded you and eaten you up.

1 Like

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by Dantedasz(m): 11:14am On Jan 26, 2020
Christians representing their religion very well on this thread with insults. undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by kernniejay(m): 11:15am On Jan 26, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

Would you mind if we chat one on one?
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by Offpoint: 11:20am On Jan 26, 2020
kernniejay:

A sinner who has not repented of his sins but prays to God or any god is committing more abomination. But once a person acknowledges that he is a sinner and he repents or feel sorry for his sins, and then he prays to God for forgiveness and accepts Jesus Christ the son of God, as his Lord and Savior, God is very willing to hear such prayers and forgive the sinner. (Check Proverbs 28.13 in the Bible) God will forget all the sins of such person and make the person becomes child of God, but the person must consciously make effort not to go back into the sin, that is why it is important for new believers to look for a genuine church to attend so that he can be trained in the right way so that he wont fall back into his old way, because devil will be trying his best to make the person fall back into sin and deny Jesus. It is also very important for new believers to be studying the Bible everyday so that he can grow in faith.
You're contradicting yourself.

Point 1: a prayer of a sinner is an abomination, meaning God will not hearken unto it.

Point 2: if a sinner ask God for forgiveness, God will hearken.

How do you go to God to ask for forgiveness? isn't through prayer? before you answer this, remember point 1

2 Likes

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by CAPSLOCKED: 11:23am On Jan 26, 2020
kernniejay:

Would you mind if we chat one on one?

AFTER GOING BACK AND FORTH YOU'LL HAND ME OVER TO GOD. I'M NOT INTERESTED.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by Offpoint: 11:25am On Jan 26, 2020
henrysilver:

You can not wrong your worldly father and still go to him for anything ,can you go to your father in the evening for your school fees knowing fully well that you wronged him in the Morning of that same day?,I think what you should do first is to ask for his forgiveness before you can go to him for your school fees .If you have brain you will get something out of my write up.

How do you "ASKED HIM" for forgiveness, if you don't go to him?
Mr brain man
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by kernniejay(m): 11:29am On Jan 26, 2020
Offpoint:

You're contradicting yourself.

Point 1: a prayer of a sinner is an abomination, meaning God will not hearken unto it.

Point 2: if a sinner ask God for forgiveness, God will hearken.

How do you go to God to ask for forgiveness? isn't through prayer? before you answer this, remember point 1
Let me help you sir, that is why I said you should check Proverbs 28.13, to understand the bible in our natural mind is not possible, we need the Spirit of God in us before we can actually get meaning out of it. There is nothing in this word that God does not see or hear. When a sinner prays to God, God hears but God will not respect such prayer because Satan is the father of all sinners whether they know it or not. But when we pray to God for mercy or forgiveness, it means we no longer want to have Satan as our father, but we want God. That is when God will see the readiness to denounce the devil and come to him. He will then receive us and forgive our mistakes, errors, crimes and sins because He made us and does not want us to perish with Satan when it is time for judgement.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Billy Graham Dies At 99 / My Neighbor Is Pressuring Me To Accept God / The Islamisation Of Nigeria. The Nigerian Constitution Recognises Only Islam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.