Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Restructuring: South Has Majority In The Legislative House, North Is A Minority. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: South Has Majority In The Legislative House, North Is A Minority. (4185 Views)

Opposition Parties Claim Majority In House Of Representatives, First Time Ever / APC Primaries: Osinbajo Has Majority Of Party Members On His Side – Ajulo / APC Has Majority In Senate –punch Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: South Has Majority In The Legislative House, North Is A Minority. by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 11, 2020
omoharry:
I think South South was created in order to weaken the power of the South East...Before the Biafra War, those regions were part of Eastern Nigeria.
. I know there is nothing like the SS in the cardinal point or the geographical map but we like it the arrangement like that. You can imagine the over bearing attitude of the Easterners against the minority group in political affairs of the region since they are the majority. They would have been sidelined politically, just the way the middle belt are politically short changed in the North .

I just think Nigeria is a rubbish country that should be dismantled piece by piece.

It is only working for those in power and no one else.
Re: Restructuring: South Has Majority In The Legislative House, North Is A Minority. by ProudDick: 11:35am On Mar 11, 2020
Xposed2020:

Naturally I wouldn't have replied you but then ;
"We have had two Southern Presidents and neither one had the boldness to restructure the country during his administration. I dont think the next Southern President will have the balls either. A change in the constitution to effect restructuring can only be done by a military take over when they suspend or repeal it. The one we have now was put together by them anyway."... MayorofLagos (2020).
I don't know what the above statement implies.

It implies that changing the nigerian rigid constitution can only be done by the military. That does not in anyway implies military take over. It’s just like saying only the military can create states in Nigeria. Saying that does not mean I want a military take over. I’m just saying the reality on ground. I wonder your type of education.

Another example: only death can remove buhari before 2023 does not mean I want buhari to die. I’m just stating reality.
Re: Restructuring: South Has Majority In The Legislative House, North Is A Minority. by naptu2: 11:40am On Mar 11, 2020
omoharry:
I think South South was created in order to weaken the power of the South East...Before the Biafra War, those regions were part of Eastern Nigeria.
. I know there is nothing like the SS in the cardinal point or the geographical map but we like it the arrangement like that. You can imagine the over bearing attitude of the Easterners against the minority group in political affairs of the region since they are the majority. They would have been sidelined politically, just the way the middle belt are politically short changed in the North .

It's quite the opposite. South-South was created by Alex Ekwueme to weaken the power of the north. There was no term like "south-south" in Nigeria's political lexicon until Alex Ekwueme created it.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: South Has Majority In The Legislative House, North Is A Minority. by naptu2: 11:41am On Mar 11, 2020
ProudDick:

It implies that changing the nigerian rigid constitution can only be done by the military. That does not in anyway implies military take over. It’s just like saying only the military can create states in Nigeria. Saying that does not mean I want a military take over. I’m just saying the reality on ground. I wonder your type of education.

Another example: only death can remove buhari before 2023 does not mean I want buhari to die. I’m just stating reality.

Both things that you stated here are not true. The Nigerian constitution has been amended many times under civilian rule and the Mid-West Region was also created under civilian rule.
Re: Restructuring: South Has Majority In The Legislative House, North Is A Minority. by ProudDick: 11:42am On Mar 11, 2020
omoharry:

Was Midwest created (supported by ibos) to weaken the power of the south west?
Re: Restructuring: South Has Majority In The Legislative House, North Is A Minority. by ProudDick: 11:46am On Mar 11, 2020
naptu2:

Both things that you stated here are not true. The Nigerian constitution has been amended many times under civilian rule and the Mid-West Region was also created under civilian rule.

I know. But it is very difficult. The Nigerian constitution is such a rigid one.

I know we can achieve restructuring if we really want to. My problem with Igbo bigots on this forum is always blaming the north. I have not seen any legislator from the south willing to restructure Nigeria. I watched Peter Nwaoboshi going against south west development commission on the basis of Nigeria’s disintegration when many northern legislators supported it. Tomorrow igbos will tell you that northerners are unity beggars when an Igbo lawmaker does not want Nigeria to disintegrate.
Re: Restructuring: South Has Majority In The Legislative House, North Is A Minority. by voltron13: 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

I just think Nigeria is a rubbish country that should be dismantled piece by piece.

It is only working for those in power and no one else.
[/s]
Re: Restructuring: South Has Majority In The Legislative House, North Is A Minority. by DMerciful(m): 2:57pm On Mar 11, 2020
So doesn't the North have minorities? How come their regions weren't carved for them? Is there are regional governments for south south? Is there any location like south south anywhere else in the world? You're unwise. For your info I'm from Delta!
Blackking98:
your drunk, so giving ijaws, ibibios,efiks, urhobos,itshekiri,Efik, Annang etc their own region to flourish is divide and Rule, funny enough we even demanded for the region ourselves, you're crazy, I wonder why I don't see Yorubas shouting divide and Rule when Edo and Delta were carved out of the western region, you have ulterior motives
Re: Restructuring: South Has Majority In The Legislative House, North Is A Minority. by Blackking98(m): 9:59pm On Mar 11, 2020
DMerciful:
So doesn't the North have minorities? How come their regions weren't carved for them? Is there are regional governments for south south? Is there any location like south south anywhere else in the world? You're unwise. For your info I'm from Delta!
you have them in the north central and north east, big liar you can never be from Delta or any SS state and be saying this rubbish, just because of nomenclature you're yarning okete on this forum. Last I checked no SS govenor or senator or reps or monarch or citizens have complained about it,why are you Hawking our matter on your head like gala and lacasera along ibadan express, why cry more than the berieved?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Watch 1964 Television Interview Of Chinua Achebe By Wole Soyinka / . / Did Nigerians Conquer Southern Europe In The Middle Ages?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.