Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,017 members, 7,806,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) (1031 Views)

TB Joshua: I Am Tired & Want To Rest - Usher Reveals Things Prophet Said To Them / *Objects Of Fiction, Imaginary Things Atheists Believe In* Since They Reject God / The Traitors Of Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by Dididrumz(m): 11:15am On Jan 26, 2020

3 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by JeffreyD1(m): 11:18am On Jan 26, 2020
Let me book first
Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by money121(m): 11:21am On Jan 26, 2020
Lobatan
Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by ireneony(f): 11:22am On Jan 26, 2020
I'm tired of religion not just christianity.

13 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by tyup(m): 12:08pm On Jan 26, 2020
Lmao grin grin

this Op dididrumz is a real comedian ylai.....see frustration grin grin

well people like us just have to believe it either true or not so we can make heaven if at all it hit us by surprise after death

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by onlyforchrist: 12:10pm On Jan 26, 2020
una eyes don dey open. grin
Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by tyup(m): 12:17pm On Jan 26, 2020
Dididrumz:
What sort of Faith is this?

There is this popular song we used to sing in church.

"i will never worship man made God, man made God"

Who told us the God we are worshipping is not man made?

Our only proof/conviction of his existence is in a book written by man: they say inspired by God, Who told You so?

Same book that is inconsistent itself?
Same book that people pick up verses that suits their selling point and the rest thrown away?

They say we are one body in Christ right?
One group says a Woman must not do make ups, must not make her hair, must not put on trousers and all that.

Another group says its no problem: women can make their hairs, can do make ups, can put on trousers.

Who is lying? But they all got their stance from the same book and we're all of the same faith?

One group says all who do these things to we have said not to do will go to hell.
Who should we believe?

Someone is born blind and they say God has a reason for He/She being born blind. But this person still dies blind, and prayed for sight till the day he died.

A woman was caught in the act of adultery, and she was to be stoned to death. Was she Sleeping with a dog? Why is there no refence to who was in the act with her?
Inconsistency of the Holy book.

Adam was created, and Eve from Him. Adam slept with His wife Eve and they had a son Cain.
He went in again and they had another son Abel.
It was time for sacrifice, and the two sons brought their sacrifices. One was accepted(Abel) and the other was rejected (Cain).
Cain got angry and killed his brother Abel.
And a curse was placed upon him to be a vagabond.
And so he started walking untill he met a group of person and He got married; Where did they come from?
What sort of inconsistency is this?

A potion of the bible says bring your tithe to the store house.
Another potion says gather your family and buy fine wine with your tithe and ve merry.

The list goes on and on about the so much controversy in the same book that holds the believe of an existence of a supreme being that watches over his people. Yet there is so much pain and sorrow towards his believers.

Too much lies.
I rest my case here for now.

that is the only part that pains me the most being a true follower of Christ.....like true believers suffer alot I mean real lot that they have to pray to get virtually everything they want even #100 to buy card. till now I can't seem to see who can explain that for me to understand except for the verse that says "It's easy for a camel to pass through a needle hole than for a rich man to enter heaven" undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by OkCornel(m): 12:22pm On Jan 26, 2020
The epoch of spirituality and truth beckons.

Truth and spirituality is often mistaken for religion.

Man needs no religion to know the truth, nor to know what is right or wrong. For we know this intuitively.

“But there is a spirit in man, and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding”

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by hisgrace090: 12:26pm On Jan 26, 2020
The place of rest is heaven and not here, so when we get there there will be total rejoicing.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 26, 2020
I genuinely think you are on the right path! No religion should be exempt from criticism. Every religion that matures must start questioning itself. I do not think you would find the answers you seek in the Bible. I think you should take a look at scientific definition of the universe. It’s fascinating I promise you. I have never had any issues reconciling religion with science I still don’t. I hope you find the answers you seek.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by CaveAdullam: 3:45pm On Jan 26, 2020
Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?

Dididrumz:

Our only proof/conviction of his existence is in a book written by man: they say inspired by God, Who told You so?
That is blind faith if the only prove you have as for God's existence is the Holy Bible. Blind Faith bro, blind faith!

Matthew 5:8
NIV:Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

Dididrumz:
Same book that people pick up verses that suits their selling point and the rest thrown away?
Are the authors of the Bible mad? Didn't they see those contradictions? ouch bullshit!

Maybe you are the lazy one, of course you are because if you have seen God you wouldn't have seen contradictions in the Holy Bible.

You are not called to read the story lines but to learn lessons because the letter killeth and you are dying already per your post, but the spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:6
NIV:He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Now this is the purpose of the 66 books of the Bible you are holding.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
NIV:All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

NIV:so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Dididrumz:
One group says a Woman must not do make ups, must not make her hair, must not put on trousers and all that.

Another group says its no problem: women can make their hairs, can do make ups, can put on trousers.

Who is lying? But they all got their stance from the same book and we're all of the same faith?

One group says all who do these things to we have said not to do will go to hell.
Who should we believe?
Like David have you carried out this kind of investigation?

Psalms 73:16-17
NIV:When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply

NIV:till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny.

Try to work bro so that you can discover the real truth, after all faith without work is dead.

Dididrumz:
Someone is born blind and they say God has a reason for He/She being born blind. But this person still dies blind, and prayed for sight till the day he died.
Do you know this "someone" or just speaking from your own imagination?

How do you justify this?

John 9:2-11
[b]As he went went along, he saw a man blind from birth.

NIV:His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

NIV:“Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

NIV:As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work.

NIV:While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

NIV:After saying this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man’s eyes.

NIV:“Go,” he told him, “wash in the Pool of Siloam” (this word means “Sent”). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.

NIV:His neighbors and those who had formerly seen him begging asked, “Isn’t this the same man who used to sit and beg?”

NIV:Some claimed that he was. Others said, “No, he only looks like him.” But he himself insisted, “I am the man.”

NIV:“How then were your eyes opened?” they asked.

NIV:He replied, “The man they call Jesus made some mud and put it on my eyes. He told me to go to Siloam and wash. So I went and washed, and then I could see.[/b]

I guess you are the liar here and not the innocent Bible.

Dididrumz:
A woman was caught in the act of adultery, and she was to be stoned to death. Was she Sleeping with a dog? Why is there no refence to who was in the act with her?
what a dumb statement.

You would have asked for the kind of food they ate together before the act.

Pew.

How does this statement of yours proves the inconsistency of the Bible?

Pew.

Dididrumz:
Adam was created, and Eve from Him. Adam slept with His wife Eve and they had a son Cain.
It was time for sacrifice, and the two sons brought their sacrifices. One was accepted(Abel) and the other was rejected (Cain).
And so he started walking untill he met a group of person and He got married; Where did they come from?
common sense should have told you that as at that time incest was not prohibited.

What about the blessing of God upon Adam and Eve, have you considered it for once?

Genesis 1:28
NIV:God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Dididrumz:
Another potion says gather your family and buy fine wine with your tithe and ve merry.

The list goes on and on about the so much controversy in the same book that holds the believe of an existence of a supreme being that watches over his people. Yet there is so much pain and sorrow towards his believers.

Too much lies.

Someone that has studied the old testament back to back won't find any controversy with the issue of tithe as pertaining to the Israelites alone.

OkCornel can help you solve the mystery of tithe if you so desire.

You need to readress your case against God and not rest so quickly, because if you don't you will lose like one of our politicians; Emeka Ihediohia.

I am a believer of Christ Jesus and I don't know which pain and sorrows you are talking about, because Christ paid the price for me on the Cross and by the Holy Spirit through Faith I am experiencing my victory.

Isaiah 53:4-5
NIV:Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted.

NIV:But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by TheCork(m): 12:10pm On Aug 24, 2020
ireneony:

Hello please am looking for housemaid with nyansh & I pay u 200 naira a months,cash.. are u interested please? cheesy
Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 24, 2020
Dididrumz:

Who should we believe?

Too much lies.

Hahaha lol. My dear your eyes are opened.
- Thou shalt not commit murder BUT Saul was reprimanded for sparing the life of a king. Elijah killed 450 prophets of Baal.
- No same sex relationships BUT the love David had for Jonathan was way pass that of a woman (and we all know he was a CHRONIC womanizer) 2 Sam 1:26.
- No alcohol BUT Jesus turned water into wine. He ate and DRANK with tax collectors. Chai! So complicated
Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by peggywebbs(f): 1:56pm On Aug 24, 2020
@ Dididrumz, I can understand where you are coming from. Right from school down to working, I have met a whole lot of people who consider themselves as better Christians. Some will even go as far as calling you a devil or whatever, just because you don't conform to their idea of Christianity.

The truth is there is only one scripture, there is only one God, their is only one Holy Spirit and there is only one Jesus Christ.

However, we as humans we tend to see things in different ways. If you bring out a blue piece of cloth, some will argue it is purple some will say the shade is a bit light.

If you bring out art or a picture, people will see different things. People will have different opinions. People will set different standards. Some will like the artist, others will discredit his work.

The question is what do you think of it?

I chose to study my bible and make meaning of it without having let man's opinions dictate what I should do and what I shouldn't do.

The bible tells you from a beginning that man has free will, we decide our fate. When you do something bad, you don't need someone telling you its bad, you know it and its clear.

Some people will want to control you, by twisting and interpreting scriptures to manipulate you. Even the bible talks about them.

So what do you do? You let your inner conscience work for you. That is the Holy Spirit, he is that silent voice telling you to question anything you hear that doesn't make sense. You look for the answers.

The fact that you can ask these questions means you are not a slave to religion. Seek the truth, and don't let anyone take you from your faith.

I didn't plan to write a lot but anyway it happens.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
I genuinely think you are on the right path! No religion should be exempt from criticism. Every religion that matures must start questioning itself. I do not think you would find the answers you seek in the Bible. I think you should take a look at scientific definition of the universe. It’s fascinating I promise you. I have never had any issues reconciling religion with science I still don’t. I hope you find the answers you seek.
Best counsel so far
Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by niceguy89(m): 5:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
Fucking women. Everything is always about women. Women eating apples. Women cutting hair. Women being killed by fathers when they exit their own front door. Women being caught in adultery and then set free. Women worshiping Baal and Asherah, LET’S FACE IT - Women are the cause of all suffering in the world. It’s in the Bible!
Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by niceguy89(m): 5:48pm On Aug 24, 2020
CaveAdullam:
Maybe you are the lazy one, of course you are because if you have seen God you wouldn't have seen contradictions in the Holy Bible.
Have you seen God? Literally, with your own two eyes. I don’t mean felt the presence of God, nor witness some divine act, that more than likely was just a coincidence.

You are not called to read the story lines but to learn lessons because the letter killeth and you are dying already per your post, but the spirit gives life.
This doesn’t even make any sense to me.

Try to work bro so that you can discover the real truth, after all faith without work is dead.
Are you saying, that you have to ‘work’ to make the Bible work for you, doesn’t that tell you something? With science, you can observe, because the evidence is plain to see.

Do you know this "someone" or just speaking from your own imagination?
Irrelevant, we all know people are born blind, it stands to reason, that someone who is born blind, and also believes in blind faith, ( wink) that they would pray for that which they don’t have? How many cases of blindness have been cured by prayer alone?

I guess you are the liar here and not the innocent Bible.
The Bible is anything but innocent, after all, millions have died throughout human history, directly because of the proven nonsense written in its pages.

what a dumb statement.

You would have asked for the kind of food they ate together before the act.
You’re deliberately missing the point, how is it a man can commit adultery with this woman, yet only the woman is punished.

Pew.
What’s that about church pews?

common sense should have told you that as at that time incest was not prohibited.
Erm, that sounds like a great moral example to follow, very innocent.

What about the blessing of God upon Adam and Eve, have you considered it for once?
There’s no evidence blessings have ever existed, so this is whimsical conjecture.

You need to readress your case against God and not rest so quickly, because if you don't you will lose like one of our politicians; Emeka Ihediohia.
Lose? I didn’t realise debating the existence of God was a competition, that’s a pretty childish out look to bring to a conversation.

I am a believer of Christ Jesus and I don't know which pain and sorrows you are talking about, because Christ paid the price for me on the Cross and by the Holy Spirit through Faith I am experiencing my victory.
What you are experiencing, is pious delusion. You can’t claim to have any objective high ground, when you lack any evidence for your claims. Blind faith does not replace knowledge.

At the end of the day, you can quote the Bible all day long, but it will never hold water, it just doesn’t correlate with what humanity has come to discover through observation and experiment.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by CaveAdullam: 10:43pm On Aug 24, 2020
I no longer condescend to participate in rigmarole sorts of arguments, but my response is deem worthy so that you will not think your rebuttals holds any pinch of salt.

Religious arguments especially with atheists is like waiting for a cock's feather to land safely in an infinite well. It is burdensome, time and calories wastage. And so with every arguments.

Though arguments does not win its opponents on the spot, but will yet sow seeds that will later bear fruits free of cliches in the future.

Truth is truth and false is false. Your belief cannot change it but grants you a better foundation to rely on. So, without much aldo, to the crux of the matter.
niceguy89:

Have you seen God? Literally, with your own two eyes. I don’t mean felt the presence of God, nor witness some divine act, that more than likely was just a coincidence.
Right here, are you attempting to limit my experience?

Will you say the wind doesn't exist even though you didn't see it in its naked form but yet felt it?

Can one feel something, that is; the presence of God if it doesn't exist?

Can one encounter something that doesn't exist by coincidence? Even if a divine act is mere coincidence, does it not already prove the existence of God?

Creation(s) and God's consciousness alongside God's presence are substantial evidence for God's existence.

niceguy89:
This doesn’t even make any sense to me.
Wisdom is foolishness to the fool!

niceguy89:
Are you saying, that you have to ‘work’ to make the Bible work for you, doesn’t that tell you something? With science, you can observe, because the evidence is plain to see.
Yes.

If you don't read the Bible and have a sound understanding of every words in its chapters and verses, how do you expect to reap its benefits? If you work by trying to understand its underlying principles by prayer, meditation and reasoning, it will work for you.
But if your heart is rocky, that is; not fertile to receive its words, it won't work for you.

Science deals with the physical and its is the highest height of cynicism to require physical data to justify metaphysical claims. This in itself is unreasonable. However, metaphysical claims still uses logical exploration and pattern recognition to justify its claims.

Does science have physical evidence for man's dreams and consciousness? Can it prove it exactly based on subjective narration?

niceguy89:
Irrelevant, we all know people are born blind, it stands to reason, that someone who is born blind, and also believes in blind faith, ( wink) that they would pray for that which they don’t have? How many cases of blindness have been cured by prayer alone?
Since you are blind to the other side; which is faith, you will always fail to see what's happening over there.

If you haven't seen healing of blindness by faith and prayer, I have seen. You want proof? I can't because I didn't record it. Your belief or not cannot eradicate it, same way my belief cannot deny your dreams whether you experience it or not.

niceguy89:
The Bible is anything but innocent, after all, millions have died throughout human history, directly because of the proven nonsense written in its pages.
And yet its two edged sword still remain sharp, clean and without blood stain. My Bible still white and black without blood stains. Or can you name one person it has killed directly?

niceguy89:
You’re deliberately missing the point, how is it a man can commit adultery with this woman, yet only the woman is punished.
The woman was not punished. She was told to go and sin no more.

niceguy89:
What’s that about church pews?
For relaxation so that we can comfortably absorb the preaching of the gospel of Christ Jesus our Lord and God.

niceguy89:
Erm, that sounds like a great moral example to follow, very innocent.
Follow it. Follow moral examples.

niceguy89:
There’s no evidence blessings have ever existed, so this is whimsical conjecture.
There's fruitfulness and multiplication in all the earth. Man has continually expressed dominion over all things on earth.

So, you are a liar!

niceguy89:

Lose? I didn’t realise debating the existence of God was a competition, that’s a pretty childish out look to bring to a conversation.
If you say so.

niceguy89:
What you are experiencing, is pious delusion. You can’t claim to have any objective high ground, when you lack any evidence for your claims. Blind faith does not replace knowledge.
Let me repeat, creation(s), Morality, Consciousness et al are substantial evidence for the existence of God.

niceguy89:
At the end of the day, you can quote the Bible all day long, but it will never hold water, it just doesn’t correlate with what humanity has come to discover through observation and experiment.
As Monalisa portrait to Leonardo da Vinci, so the Bible to God(Christ Jesus).

Refusing an evidence is different from no evidence. If your cohorts exhibits such kind of platitudes as witness in the photo below, why should I sacrifice my time and attention for you? No, Never!

Don't bother quoting me because it will not worth any reply.

PS: I don't waste my phone ink over arguments.

Merci.

Bon voyage.

Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by DeeVann(f): 7:51am On Aug 25, 2020
niceguy89:
Fucking women. Everything is always about women. Women eating apples. Women cutting hair. Women being killed by fathers when they exit their own front door. Women being caught in adultery and then set free. Women worshiping Baal and Asherah, LET’S FACE IT - Women are the cause of all suffering in the world. It’s in the Bible!

Hahahaha. Yes, it's this desire that has caused many a man pain.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by hopefulLandlord: 9:56am On Aug 25, 2020
ireneony:
why? not that I disagree. do humour me
Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by 2braithe: 9:35am On Aug 29, 2021
ireneony:

To think that you're still on this forum since way back amazes me.I miss how active you were in those days.

I hope you're doing fine?
Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by Kobojunkie: 12:22pm On Aug 29, 2021
tyup:

that is the only part that pains me the most being a true follower of Christ.....like true believers suffer alot I mean real lot that they have to pray to get virtually everything they want even #100 to buy card. till now I can't seem to see who can explain that for me to understand except for the verse that says "It's easy for a camel to pass through a needle hole than for a rich man to enter heaven" undecided
The problem is you are looking in persons to explain it all to you instead of seeking God's direct explanation of what is in front of you. undecided

You all claim to believe what is written is inspired, yet near none of you believes in asking God Himself to explain His Truth to you, nor do you believe Him when He declared that He alone will Teach you of Himself. So, how can you claim to be true believers when your trust is more in men you call you Mogs than in God Himself? undecided
Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by Kobojunkie: 12:23pm On Aug 29, 2021
niceguy89:
You have never read the book for yourself, have you? undecided
Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by MufasaLion: 7:13am On Jan 26, 2022
ireneony:

Agnostic, right?
Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:00am On Jan 26, 2022
ireneony:

Of course you will get tired of something when you don't know the benefits.

So what you supposed to find out is the benefits of religion. To illustrate imagine you find yourself in the midst of people who don't know the value of costly currencies but due to the fact that they've heard of people using it to purchase things needed they began rejoicing as the found it. But they don't know it's real value nor how to spend it, do you think any intelligent being in their midst won't get tired of this thing that has become useless in the hands of those who don't even know it's worth?
That's exactly what has happened to religion.
It's like the currency that those handling it don't know the value so when they're having FAKE with them they just rejoice over it but it'll remain useless since it's of no value! smiley

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) by BeanmanX(m): 8:56am On Sep 01, 2022
ireneony:
Hello Irene,,,long time

(1) (Reply)

Is There Free Will In Heaven? / 14 Things That God Hates / It Is Now Confirmed That Bishops Can Carry Their Own Seats In Public.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.