Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online (15930 Views)

DSP Victoria David's ₦1M Samsung Phone, Luxury Watch Got People Talking (Pix / Busty Slay Queen Supporter Of Wike That Got People Talking- Photo / Vp Helicopter Crash:lere Olayinka's Posts That Got People Talking.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by dietola01(m): 1:08pm On Jan 26, 2020
Earlier yesterday @Truthfully83 shared a personal experience on his visit (along with a law practitioner friend) to 3 prisons in Nigeria.

In his words, you'll weep for this nation, at the sight of inmates. Many of whom are innocent.

From sources unknown, NPS currently has 75,489 prisoners out of which 24,450 are convicted while 51,139 of them are awaiting trial.

Could this be true? Or a mere exaggeration? He went further to say in one prison, 645 prisoners are sharing 2 toilets. How inhumane. Why then did they change the name from prison to correctional facility?

3 Likes

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:10pm On Jan 26, 2020
Can anything good come out from Nigeria

This prison is even better, if there is a prison challenge or whatever picture challenge from Nigerian prison, you will be happy for these ones

Those ones on the bed are the real MVP, you can imagine how they fight their way to claim that spot undecided

Budgets upon budgets, in summary Nigeria is messed up seriously in dire need of a selfless being, a saviour!!!

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by Adepet222(f): 1:11pm On Jan 26, 2020
Freedom is a gift.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by dietola01(m): 1:11pm On Jan 26, 2020
See comments under the tweets below..

What's your take on this ? Is this Justice or another case of Justice for sale? Anyways stay away from Crimes...

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by Koredav(m): 1:14pm On Jan 26, 2020
dietola01:
Earlier yesterday @Truthfully83 shared a personal experience on his visit (along with a law practitioner friend) to 3 prisons in Nigeria.

In his words, you'll weep for this nation, at the sight of inmates. Many of whom are innocent.

From sources unknown, NPS currently has 75,489 prisoners out of which 24,450 are convicted while 51,139 of them are awaiting trial.

Could this be true? Or a mere exaggeration? He went further to say in one prison, 645 prisoners are sharing 2 toilets. How inhumane. Why then did they change the name from prison to correctional facility?
God please don't let us experience ds type if trials and save us not to commit evil ooo

5 Likes

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by yusufobinna1(m): 1:16pm On Jan 26, 2020
This country is worse, it's sad to be a Nigerian��

10 Likes

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by ouzo1(m): 1:18pm On Jan 26, 2020
how time flies,if you no go u no go know......na Chairmen sit down for bunks o.

8 Likes

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by Dreyl(m): 1:18pm On Jan 26, 2020
This is more than a shithole, I can imagine the amount of stench emanating from there, jeez!!!

6 Likes

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by Dreyl(m): 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2020
ouzo1:
how time flies,if you no go u no go know......na Chairmen sit down for bunks o.
I guess you have now turn a new leaf, good for you.

Note that crime doesn't pay.

5 Likes

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by peeddy(m): 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2020
The funny part is that most of them have not been tried and convincted as criminals but, still yet suffering this inhumane environment. I prayed that anybody that read this comment will never even by mistake find himself in that kind of condition.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2020
Nigerian government hasn't provided basic amenities for its law abiding citizens, you want them to remember those who were locked for a crime they committed or didn't commit?

You overrate your government o.

6 Likes

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by Nukilia: 1:23pm On Jan 26, 2020
Book Haram guys are even well taken care of more than these useless prisoners... grin grin grin
A nation where things work in reverse mode undecided

2 Likes

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by Millenniumlady(f): 1:24pm On Jan 26, 2020
Don't ever pray to be in such conditions i remember when a police officer locked me up cause I call his wife a prostitute when she called me same....if not for my friend that went to contact one guy i refuse to date to come bail me with almost 100k sad and because he knows one of thir oga oooo......i was ashamed when he bailed me cause i refuse to give him my no. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by Davash222(m): 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2020
More like an abattoir.
Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by ouzo1(m): 1:27pm On Jan 26, 2020
Dreyl:
I guess you have now turn a new leaf, good for you.

Note that crime doesn't pay.

not everyone there is guilty...

9 Likes

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by Righteousness89(m): 1:27pm On Jan 26, 2020
I have nothing to say..

I weep......

May no one have any reason to be in this prison

Just look at where the bokoharam killers are housed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by JeffreyD1(m): 1:29pm On Jan 26, 2020
Failed nation

1 Like

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by agulion: 1:31pm On Jan 26, 2020
OMG this so pethatic, my brother is better to stay hunger and enjoy freedom than to be this shithole prison, pls stay out of trouble

7 Likes

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by yenereal(m): 1:38pm On Jan 26, 2020
That's why to commit crime isn't good. Apart from those wrongfully detained who are still not tried, if you are told the crime these people committed, you wont pity them. Just on Wednesday, last week, 4 men struggled with a pregnant woman at about 9pm on a very busy road in Uyo, to snatch her handbag and her phone. The pregnant woman struggled and one of them use a matchet and cut one of her legs. The woman out of severe pain shouted and people got to hear of it. 2 escaped and 2 were caught and killed immediately. Now assuming police had taken them to the station and they were later sent to prison, how on earth would I pity seeing them in this condition?
Modified: I'm talking on a personal basis, it's no excuse for the condition of the Nigerian Prison.

6 Likes

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by yanabasee(m): 1:50pm On Jan 26, 2020
Nigeria is not a country but a Zoo....
Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by GOFRONT(m): 1:51pm On Jan 26, 2020
undecided
Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by pennywys(m): 1:51pm On Jan 26, 2020
God save the innocent ones that are there

They don't deserved to safer for what they knew nothing about lord
Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by tesppidd: 1:52pm On Jan 26, 2020
First pixture; Na Chlesea match den de watch??

On a more serious note; I really feel and pray for those who are innocent amongst them, or those who only committed petty crimes like pocket picking or stealing groundnuts.

But for those amongst them who committed crimes like murder, bank robbery, kidnapping....

All I can say to them is ntor.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by Smoke55: 1:53pm On Jan 26, 2020
Rehabilitation Center Indeed! People That Go To Prison Usually Come Out More Dangerous And Heartless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by pennywys(m): 1:55pm On Jan 26, 2020
yenereal:
That's why to commit crime isn't good. Apart from those wrongfully detained who are still not tried, if you are told the crime these people committed, you wont pity them. Just on Wednesday, last week, 4 men struggled with a pregnant woman at about 9pm on a very busy road in Uyo, to snatch her handbag and her phone. The pregnant woman struggled and one of them use a matchet and cut one of her legs. The woman out of severe pain shouted and people got to hear of it. 2 escaped and 2 were caught and killed immediately. Now assuming police had taken them to the station and they were later sent to the prison, how on earth would I pity seeing them in this condition.
Modified: I'm talking on a personal basis, it's no excuse for the condition of the Nigerian Prison.
you are damn right brodami
They deserved every dose of punishment meted on them, I only feel for the innocent ones there
Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by Maxymilliano(m): 2:07pm On Jan 26, 2020
“No one truly knows a nation until one has been inside its jails. A nation should not be judged by how it treats its highest citizens, but its lowest ones,” - Nelson Mandela.

There's nothing correctional about the Nigerian Corrections Service ...

1 Like

Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by Asquare84(m): 2:14pm On Jan 26, 2020
dietola01:

Irony of life so this is were orji uzor kalu is now
Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by Asquare84(m): 2:17pm On Jan 26, 2020
Irony of life so this is were orji uzor kalu is now
Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by MartinCorridon: 2:18pm On Jan 26, 2020
Can't wish prison on an enemy...
Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by backnbeta(f): 2:20pm On Jan 26, 2020
Nothing but tears cry cry
Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by Racoon(m): 2:21pm On Jan 26, 2020
All points to evidence of a failed entity called Nigeria
Re: See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online by Afolabimills(m): 2:21pm On Jan 26, 2020
Which one do u prefer and u must choose one bokoharam terrorist killing u or one of those in mates snatch ur handset get caught n burnt of jailed

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chiji Collins Impeached As Speaker Of Imo Assembly, Replaced With Paul Emeziem / Projects By Governor Ugwuanyi's Administration In Enugu (Pictures) / President Budgets N10billion To Renovate Gbajabiamila’s Official Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.