Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads (26753 Views)

VIS Removes Over 50 Rickety Buses From Lagos Roads (Photos) / Keke, Okada Back On Lagos Roads, One Month After Ban / Pictures Of EPE, LAGOS Roads At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 26, 2020
Y
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by Ajibel(m): 6:31pm On Jan 26, 2020
CotenantNIG:

or better still Lagos should be de-congested

decongested in what way?

1 Like

Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by Blue3k(m): 6:31pm On Jan 26, 2020
CotenantNIG:

People only move when they see better opportunity outside. It's assumed the lagos Ibadan rail will some to move. There's cheaper housing and they can commute to work in lagos if need be. There's places just as population dense singapore that still move effectively. It's just requires planning.
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by tradepunter: 6:32pm On Jan 26, 2020
Lagos girls with their bweebs and backside...
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by younglleo: 6:32pm On Jan 26, 2020
You've said it all. cool
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by Ibile77(m): 6:32pm On Jan 26, 2020
Asculd:
Lagos

Spent 3hrs from ajah to ota
you are lucky , we do spend 3hrs from Chevron Toll Gate to JAKANDE roundabout

1 Like

Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by Originalsly: 6:32pm On Jan 26, 2020
Lack of vision....... lack of enforcememt.
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 26, 2020
Ibile77:
you are lucky , we do spend 3hrs from Chevron Toll Gate to JAKANDE roundabout

Ahhhhh... Mad oooo
Got Home Around 8pm since past 3

I don't fancy Lagos ahswear

1 Like

Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by Angelawhite(m): 6:38pm On Jan 26, 2020
grin
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by debbysure001(m): 6:42pm On Jan 26, 2020
This person know Lagos finish....Nice write up i must say. Railway is the only solution to traffic problem in Lagos.

Check my signature

Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by Iyiataata92: 6:42pm On Jan 26, 2020
Did you just call Agbero money 'Tax '?
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by tete7000(m): 6:55pm On Jan 26, 2020
Madness... All you see everywhere in Lagos is madness... Nothing but madness
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by Newmans: 7:01pm On Jan 26, 2020
I disagreed with your third point Okada has no business with traffic there movements are just jump and pass, okada doesn't course traffic.
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by udemzyudex(m): 7:11pm On Jan 26, 2020
Apart from bad road, some drivers are just something else.

Nigerian drivers are the major cause of traffic , whether danfo,keke,or private cars most of them in a sane society shouldn't be driving.

Simple traffic light,they feel they are too big to open traffic light especially when lastma is not around.

They are fond of creating an extra lane then double crossing the other lane thereby causing traffic.
If the lane is two,they will find a way to make it three,no patience at all.
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by pafo(m): 7:12pm On Jan 26, 2020
Potholes.
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by chinae(m): 7:14pm On Jan 26, 2020
Lie Lie Lie

Lagos holdup is caused by

Morning: Workers that are too relaxed to get to work due to terrible boss, unhealthy office politicking or underperformance

Night: Men that wish not to get home early due to due to terrible wife
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by majamajic(m): 7:16pm On Jan 26, 2020
ikeja towards local airport road is construction mistake by road constructors , how can u come with 5 lanes from cement bus stop , just after Ile zik , we have 2 lanes to under bridge , who was the surveyor ?

every morning there's traffic there , ikeja traffic is contractor error !!!
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by DexterousOne(m): 7:16pm On Jan 26, 2020
CotenantNIG:

More like Lagos need to be redesigned

Lagos is not more congested than say Tokyo or Mexico city

The planning was just wrong

If we had the epicentre of the city in the middle of the city; and say a smaller epicentre at two opposite ends of Lagos
Lagos won't be like this

But since the epicentre is the Island
And there are only three bridges to link millions who are coming from the mainland
This mess has become Lagos story
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by DexterousOne(m): 7:18pm On Jan 26, 2020
majamajic:
ikeja towards local airport road is construction mistake by road constructors , how can u come with 5 lanes from cement bus stop , just after Ile zik , we have 2 lanes to under bridge , who was the surveyor ?

every morning there's traffic there , ikeja traffic is contractor error !!!

Just imagine
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by Odunolumide(m): 7:19pm On Jan 26, 2020
you basically mentioned every thing on the road. Why don't you mention impatient trekkers too
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by Cutehector(m): 7:28pm On Jan 26, 2020
CotenantNIG:
We created a new section on cotenant which Make it easy to get people to share rent, what this means is for example you couldn’t find a shared apartment on cotenant or any apartment that suite your taste, you could actually find a rent partner on cotenant that is you pair with someone and the both of you can rent lets say a 2 bedroom flat together on each other terms

We know getting shared apartments is not an easy task.

What you gain

Cost of rent is spilt

cost of fees like commission and agreement is split

Cost of bills like Nepa, Security is split too

You get to meet your potential room mate

And you both can rent a better property together

So Join Cotenant Commuity with over 300 users

Get Started Below

If you need a apartment
If you need a rent partner
Have a room to share

It’s that Simple !

https://cotenant.ng/post-a-request/
when you joined Nairaland or Facebook, did dey ask you to pay 1k as registration fee?

2 Likes

Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by majamajic(m): 7:29pm On Jan 26, 2020
DexterousOne:

Just imagine

when u finally arrive the last point u see nothing caused , but if u are approaching , u notice u are squeezing your car from 5 lanes to 2 lane , they scratch cars there every morning from 5:30 am till 12 noon , evening version is from 4pm till 11 pm , on a good day till 2 am

if not for this new governor before in Lagos we travel to work and travel back home
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by richardo20: 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2020
It takes me 2 to 3 hours from Surulere to ajah, unless I leave house 4 o’clock
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by Goovo(m): 7:37pm On Jan 26, 2020
michru:
The most common cause of traffic in Lagos is too many vehicles on the road, also fewer road networks.

During the early few days in January, come and see how free the road is, and that's because most road users have gone to their villages for the holiday.

I think more road network will solve some of our problems of traffic jams, most especially flyovers.
100 percent correct
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by CotenantNIG: 7:39pm On Jan 26, 2020
Cutehector:
when you joined Nairaland or Facebook, did dey ask you to pay 1k as registration fee?

But if you want to get more people to know about you and your service you pay them thousands of Naira right
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by Cutehector(m): 7:41pm On Jan 26, 2020
CotenantNIG:

But if you want to get more people to know about you and your service you pay them thousands of Naira right
then you pay for ad services, just like other sensible coys do. cool

1 Like

Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by Africomterror: 7:41pm On Jan 26, 2020
Wow
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by CotenantNIG: 7:46pm On Jan 26, 2020
Cutehector:
then you pay for ad services, just like other sensible coys do. cool

We run a sensible coy, every one has his or her own ways of generating profit

Thanks my friend
Am micheal and you are
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by novexme(m): 8:13pm On Jan 26, 2020
Don't forget to get your car ready for the weeks hustle. Check everything checkable.

Check out my signature. Hacops car care products: Nothing cares for your car better
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by Gwagone: 8:31pm On Jan 26, 2020
Stubbornness cause traffic in Lagos

THUMBS UP LAGOSIANS
Re: Major Causes Of Traffic On Lagos Roads by Simplyleo: 8:32pm On Jan 26, 2020
michru:
The most common cause of traffic in Lagos is too many vehicles on the road, also fewer road networks.

During the early few days in January, come and see how free the road is, and that's because most road users have gone to their villages for the holiday.

I think more road network will solve some of our problems of traffic jams, most especially flyovers.
Oga, abeg forget about additional road network.

I'm not a Lagosian, but I was born and brought up in Lagos. Up till now, if my google map is off, I still dey miss road. angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Travelling To Luxembourg For Msc / Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad / Air Peace Commences Flight From Abuja To Ibadan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.