Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) (54514 Views)

South Africans Mock Burna Boy For Failing To Win The 2020 Grammy Award / 2020 Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Reacts After Being Nominated / Rita Edochie Dedicates Her Birthday To Atiku, Prays He Reclaims Mandate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by Bewisebenice18(m): 9:32am On Jan 27, 2020
mimimile93:
YA ALLAH THANK YOU FOR NOT MAKING BUNA TO WIN.
foolishness. See your life outside. See what religion has turn u into. Assllah is not proud of you.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by Smellingrillmea: 9:35am On Jan 27, 2020
She knows burna deserves it .....grammy has failed again

2 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by Jhayphil: 9:37am On Jan 27, 2020
sisipelebe:
Even Agolo too and Aye. I knew she was gonna win it.

I knew she was gonna win it too. Kudos to Burna he has been phenomenal.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by LotusFan: 9:37am On Jan 27, 2020
calmG:
That woman is a legend... Burna boy is just starting...
indomie Generation will not understand

#Wombo lombo wombo lombo
Most of us sang this song but Never knew it was Angelique kidjo

If the nomination were lifetime achievement award your argument would be valid, but nomination was for an Album just one album. Obviously Angelique herself, thought BurnaBoy would win.

All the same...Congratulations to both of them!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by vertueptime: 9:38am On Jan 27, 2020
calmG:

#Wombo lombo wombo lombo

Burna boy is just over hyped, even danfo driver singer is more popular, i cnt even sing a single song of his, not hating thou, jst bn honest

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by Sirwallace(m): 9:41am On Jan 27, 2020
mimimile93:

I had to login to correct your foolery. what has your Allah got to do with a musical award?
you guys with your ridiculous primitive backwardness disguise as a religion.

even your Allah will be so disappointed in you MF.

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by leocollins(m): 9:42am On Jan 27, 2020
ValCon888:
I was rooting for Burna Boy but I know Angelique Kidjo is a tough competitor. She has been winning in this category for years and I know his chances were slim with her in the nomination.

All the same, respect to Burna Boy. He is a true African Giant. Besides, it's no shame to lose out to a living legend like Angelique.

respect for this comment bros,come collect one bottle of Andrea for my head...
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 9:42am On Jan 27, 2020
calmG:

#Wombo lombo wombo lombo

bro abeg you mean the lyrics

ki ma fe Egan se aye mi,

a ma fi ika pe ika, ile aye yi le, ayee

?

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by Brenexbaba1: 9:44am On Jan 27, 2020
I wish burna boy win but angelique deserved it...
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:51am On Jan 27, 2020
calmG:
indomie Generation we cheeseball generation will not understand

#Wombo lombo wombo lombo
fixed!

u nor hw 2 sing her song then buh didn't know her...

u are cheeseball generation my broda

cool
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by shogsman(m): 9:54am On Jan 27, 2020
Mama 60,this woman has been around for ever so burna lost royally.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by kwenu: 9:55am On Jan 27, 2020
what is this hype about burna boy.how many hits songs has burna boy that hit world stage. nobody should compare Angeliqu kidjo to burna boy. that Lady's songs are very powerful and original .till next grammy she ll still win.

has Burna boy any hit songs that rocked like 2face African queen?, if not, until then.

i think Burna boy is still young in the industry, he should continue the good work in his music career, soon one day he ll win the grammy awards

2 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by shogsman(m): 9:57am On Jan 27, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:
Also lets not forget Tyler the Creator, another Nigerian from Akwa-Cross who won grammy today.
As far as he and official channels go he is a full blooded American, not a Nigerian. For the millionth time the fact that someone was born here doesn't automatically make him a Nigerian.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by mimimile93: 9:59am On Jan 27, 2020
Sirwallace:

I had to login to correct your foolery. what has your Allah got to do with a musical award?
you guys with your ridiculous primitive backwardness disguise as a religion.

even your Allah will be so disappointed in you MF.
happy new week bro
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by Hustlerlomo(m): 9:59am On Jan 27, 2020
Mama Africa
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by shogsman(m): 10:01am On Jan 27, 2020
abuuzy:
It's a win for Nigerians too,she's partly Nigeria even though are growing up is more rooted to Benin republic,her mums from ogun state,she still has relatives in abeokuta,and speaks ajase yoruba wink
You should have stopped at she's partly Nigerian, we Yoruba's have to stop playing the ethnic card,I know you meant well but be sensitive about things like this.

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by Kaymaxine(m): 10:02am On Jan 27, 2020
mimimile93:
But his name has been heard and known!!!
Except the aboki wey dey your street,who sabi you again abeg
The same name your brothers shout before detonating a bomb/beheading people
You need love!!!
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by Kobicove(m): 10:05am On Jan 27, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:
Also lets not forget Tyler the Creator, another Nigerian from Akwa-Cross who won grammy today.

You people now want to lay claim to a person who has probably never been to Nigeria before undecided

2 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by naturefellow(m): 10:11am On Jan 27, 2020
calmG:

Wombo lombo wombo lombo
even Burna himself sang it (inside life)

2 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by Brenexbaba1: 10:11am On Jan 27, 2020
I believe burna baba will win next time, meanwhile check my video on YouTube
Thank God, brenex baba ft zilly tiger and rayjeezy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgTG5hGijFo
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by begge: 10:14am On Jan 27, 2020
Wetin burna boy dey sing? only wombolobo pass all d track of burna boy music
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by ScotMisile: 10:15am On Jan 27, 2020
No arguments, all hail the queen.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by MartinsD12(m): 10:17am On Jan 27, 2020
calmG:

#Wombo lombo wombo lombo
Is it the same wombo lombo something Burnaboy remix if it is it then she is a legend

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by zealblinks(m): 10:20am On Jan 27, 2020
mimimile93:
Enemy of progress na you dey there? That ya Allah kill you there. Mad man

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:21am On Jan 27, 2020
mimimile93:

Why please ?
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by franklingud(m): 10:21am On Jan 27, 2020
calmG:

#Wombo lombo wombo lombo
See who is talking.
What class were you when she sang that song?
I was in primary 2.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by jubrilELsudan: 10:23am On Jan 27, 2020
He doesn't want. She should dedicate it to her fupa kukunase.

Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by enemmo(f): 10:24am On Jan 27, 2020
Kobicove:

You people now want to lay claim to a person who has probably never been to Nigeria before undecided

Didn't pain me as much as Seun Kuti losing last year

I was really gutted

By the way, I think Nigerians should realise that African music is not all about Nigeria. We have good Artistes scattered all over Africa. Being popular is different from having good music.

Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 27, 2020
Angelique Kidjo: Messi

Burna Boy : VVD!!!

Votes always favour the Messi's of this world undecided

Burna Boy deserves it too!!!

Burna is a winner!!!
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by Choplyf(m): 10:29am On Jan 27, 2020
Proudda ya Burna.

A 2bedroom flat is available in Shasha, Akowonjo, Lagos. Interested person(s) should check my signature for contact for more info.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by costandi(m): 10:30am On Jan 27, 2020
calmG:

#Wombo lombo wombo lombo
Burna boy is just starting? Nigerians! Do you know how many grammys Adele raked in when she was just starting? It's about delivering good music and that's what burna did.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by brownemmanuel43(m): 10:30am On Jan 27, 2020
calmG:

#Wombo lombo wombo lombo
1 crate of turbo king for u baba. Kidjo is a legend

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I’m About To Give Birth - Teni Rocks Baby Bump (photos) / Ini Edo's Ex-Husband's Wife Warned Her Not To Marry Him / Pregnant Tiwa Savage Peforms On Stage With Her Baby Bump (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.