Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,981 members, 7,803,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? (4344 Views)

Iphone 11 Or The Google Pixel 4xl Which Should I go for? / iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 / Top 7 Things To Do Instead Of Buying The Iphone 8 Or Iphone 8 Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by BenDanor(m): 8:07am On Jan 27, 2020
Please I have a budget of 40k and want to buy a London used phone but I'm stuck between the google pixel 1 and the iPhone 6s.

Please what are your advice and reviews concerning the phones and which one should i go for. And what are the restrictions in iphone to music, movies, apps, etc.

Please I don't want to buy what I may regret. Thanks for your contributions.
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by ORIJIN201(m): 10:06am On Jan 27, 2020
Lol, 2 old phones. Up your money and get the iPhone 7 or pixel 2 instead as your money isn't that much. Would have recommended pixel 2xl if you can double the money.

Those 2 phones are forgotten. Add 20k to your budget and get either phones I mentioned earlier.

If you can't wait, get the Redmi 8A with a 5000mah instead, if you don't care about camera quality.
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by fucc12: 10:34am On Jan 27, 2020
BenDanor:
Please I have a budget of 40k and want to buy a London used phone but I'm stuck between the google pixel 1 and the iPhone 6s.

Please what are your advice and reviews concerning the phones and which one should i go for. And what are the restrictions in iphone to music, movies, apps, etc.

Get a chipped iphone 7 for 40k
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by BenDanor(m): 11:30am On Jan 27, 2020
ORIJIN201:
Lol, 2 old phones. Up your money and get the iPhone 7 or pixel 2 instead as your money isn't that much. Would have recommended pixel 2xl if you can double the money.

Those 2 phones are forgotten. Add 20k to your budget and get either phones I mentioned earlier.

If you can't wait, get the Redmi 8A with a 5000mah instead, if you don't care about camera quality.
40k seems to be my highest oo besides iphone 6s hasn't lost support from Apple and the google pixel 1 runs android 10 with specs better than most Chinese OEM mid range phones

1 Like

Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by BenDanor(m): 11:31am On Jan 27, 2020
fucc12:

And how much will it cost me to unlock it?
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by fucc12: 11:57am On Jan 27, 2020
BenDanor:

And how much will it cost me to unlock it?
Not more than 5k
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by ORIJIN201(m): 3:18pm On Jan 27, 2020
BenDanor:

40k seems to be my highest oo besides iphone 6s hasn't lost support from Apple and the google pixel 1 runs android 10 with specs better than most Chinese OEM mid range phones
pick the pixel 1 then.
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by Buzx: 3:47pm On Jan 27, 2020
BenDanor:

Google pixel 1 is still a great phone in 2019, but have your charger ready.
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by BenDanor(m): 9:13pm On Jan 27, 2020
Buzx:

Google pixel 1 is still a great phone in 2019, but have your charger ready.
Seriously? I was hoping the phone would be well optimised.
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by Adam00(m): 9:21pm On Jan 27, 2020
Go for the pixel make sure you buy the XL
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by Buzx: 12:02am On Jan 28, 2020
BenDanor:

Seriously? I was hoping the phone would be well optimized.

Optimized or not; it's now an old phone. Trust me, you won't like the battery life.
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by olaboyeh(m): 1:23am On Jan 28, 2020
BenDanor:

Battery life on a pixel is nothing to write home about o..chip iphone 7 is better
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by BenDanor(m): 7:34am On Jan 28, 2020
Adam00:
Go for the pixel make sure you buy the XL
Can I get the XL at 40k?
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by BenDanor(m): 7:38am On Jan 28, 2020
olaboyeh:

Battery life on a pixel is nothing to write home about o..chip iphone 7 is better
Isn't Iphone's battery life poor too?
Because the pixel 1 has 2770mAh while Iphones usually have 1600mAh or slightly above
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by fucc12: 8:00am On Jan 28, 2020
BenDanor:

Isn't Iphone's battery life poor too?
Because the pixel 1 has 2770mAh while Iphones usually have 1600mAh or slightly above
Its more optimized bro
You’ll understand once you start using it
Just get the iphone or save up more and get something much better
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by Ficogenic(m): 12:00pm On Jan 28, 2020
fucc12:

Where can I get something like this ?
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by meshachdbuzz(m): 12:49pm On Jan 28, 2020
BenDanor:

https://www.nairaland.com/5479771/best-brand-refurbished-used-phones
Follow this thread and thank me latter
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by fucc12: 9:08pm On Jan 28, 2020
Ficogenic:

your location
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by BenDanor(m): 9:47pm On Jan 28, 2020
meshachdbuzz:

https://www.nairaland.com/5479771/best-brand-refurbished-used-phones
Follow this thread and thank me latter
Wow! Those are great devices but they may diminish quick. Low resale value.
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by dohyinsohlah(m): 8:02am On Jan 29, 2020
Ficogenic:

I need too
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by ORIJIN201(m): 8:37am On Jan 29, 2020
fucc12:

Its more optimized bro
You’ll understand once you start using it
Just get the iphone or save up more and get something much better
Oh please!!! The iphone 8 I used had a very poor battery life. It was nothing to write home about. One of the main reason I kept my pixel 2xl, great battery life!
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by fucc12: 9:45am On Jan 29, 2020
ORIJIN201:
Oh please!!! The iphone 8 I used had a very poor battery life. It was nothing to write home about. One of the main reason I kept my pixel 2xl, great battery life!
I use a 6s my battery works pretty fine for me
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by Rexraph18(m): 10:57am On Jan 29, 2020
I use the pixel XL.. battery is 34++ but not too good, can barely last a day on a full charge, aside that and the fact that there is this audio problem which is most likely to happen on pixel phones before 2017, where the phone loses sound after update. (Though sound works perfectly with Bluetooth headset)

The iPhone 6s on the other is also a great device, as it can get iOS 13 currently (though that will be the last major update)

So if your options are just the two devices, go for Google Pixel XL. Better camera and battery.

PS: should you decide on the Pixel, I will give you mine for 30k (currently on android 10), use 5k or less buy Bluetooth headset and keep the change cheesy
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by BenDanor(m): 12:01pm On Jan 29, 2020
Rexraph18:
I use the pixel XL.. battery is 34++ but not too good, can barely last a day on a full charge, aside that and the fact that there is this audio problem which is most likely to happen on pixel phones before 2017, where the phone loses sound after update. (Though sound works perfectly with Bluetooth headset)

The iPhone 6s on the other is also a great device, as it can get iOS 13 currently (though that will be the last major update)

So if your options are just the two devices, go for Google Pixel XL. Better camera and battery.

PS: should you decide on the Pixel, I will give you mine for 30k (currently on android 10), use 5k or less buy Bluetooth headset and keep the change cheesy

Please can you post the pics of the phone? Do you mean loses sound entirely or the sound went low?
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by meshachdbuzz(m): 3:20pm On Jan 29, 2020
BenDanor:

Wow! Those are great devices but they may diminish quick. Low resale value.

Are you buying to resale or for personal use? And mind you u can buy a high spec second hand phone of 40 50k and Don't sell it at least 30 25k after use..
If you buy a new phone of about 70k with lower spec u will still sell it on low resale..

1 Like

Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by MrBONE2(m): 3:37pm On Jan 29, 2020
Go pixel grin
Go for pixel
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by Rexraph18(m): 3:51pm On Jan 29, 2020
BenDanor:

Please can you post the pics of the phone? Do you mean loses sound entirely or the sound went low?

Yeah loses sound entirely (the need for the Bluetooth headset)

Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by BenDanor(m): 7:38pm On Jan 29, 2020
Rexraph18:

Yeah loses sound entirely (the need for the Bluetooth headset)

Have u considered fixing it?
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by Rexraph18(m): 8:25am On Jan 30, 2020
BenDanor:

Have u considered fixing it?

Sorry for the misinformation, it doesn't really loss sound completely, just the mic responsible for making calls and recording sound. Aside that, speaker phone works, playing music, videos, even make calls on loudspeaker.

And about fixing, it's more a software glitch than hardware (I checked XDA forum, Google support etc), cos the issue started after updating the phone, if I downgrade to android 7.1, everything works normally (I have confirmed it) (I have other phones I use, so I use this pixel for my camera snaps, and the android 10 experience)
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by BenDanor(m): 12:03pm On Jan 30, 2020
Rexraph18:

Sorry for the misinformation, it doesn't really loss sound completely, just the mic responsible for making calls and recording sound. Aside that, speaker phone works, playing music, videos, even make calls on loudspeaker.

And about fixing, it's more a software glitch than hardware (I checked XDA forum, Google support etc), cos the issue started after updating the phone, if I downgrade to android 7.1, everything works normally (I have confirmed it) (I have other phones I use, so I use this pixel for my camera snaps, and the android 10 experience)
OK it's more of a mic issue right?
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by Rexraph18(m): 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2020
BenDanor:

OK it's more of a mic issue right?

Something is conflicting with the mic.. (Google Play services)

it's 100% software issues.
Like I said, on android 7.1 everything works fine.
Re: Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? by Bettybarbie9: 12:35pm On Jan 30, 2020
BenDanor:

Bring 37k lemme dash you my iPhone 6 Plus

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Got Glo 6GB For #1,500 - Works On All Devices / Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone / 6GB GLO Data For N2k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.