Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Talent Developer Who Predicted That Burna Boy Will Not Win Grammy Award, Reacts - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Talent Developer Who Predicted That Burna Boy Will Not Win Grammy Award, Reacts (420 Views)

AKA’s Response In 2022 To Someone Who Predicted His Early 2023 Death / Burna Boy Will Not Be At "OBIDATTI Music Concert". It's Fake - Fola Folayan / Herbalist Who Predicted Iyabo Ojo’s Death Over Baba Ijesha’s Case Has DIED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Talent Developer Who Predicted That Burna Boy Will Not Win Grammy Award, Reacts by ipreach: 9:36am On Jan 27, 2020
Olumati Isaiah, a Port Harcourt based talent developer has reacted after Angélique Kidjo beat Nigerian Burna Boy to win Grammy Award 2020 for Best Contemporary World Music Album.

In the post he made yesterday, Olumati had said;
"Burna Boy will not bring home the Grammy. I appreciate the support Nigeria and Africa has given the start but..."
Reacting to Burna Boy's lost to Angélique Kidjo, he wrote:

"BURNA BOY!

"Grow above your emotions.

"Put some respect on my name. I am called the PRINCIPAL for a reason.

"I have always wanted to run the music business professionally from when I was in primary school and being a child I had no idea how. I was just exposed to music with my brothers and my mum Chinyere Olumati was our manager.

"Many years going, I paid attention to all the strong points and I studied. People play down on study. People do not want to learn, they even mock those who study, you now see why we are backwards as a nation?

"I began to study the Grammies before I gained admission into the University in 2008. I have written a series of letters to the Grammies, seen videos and gone through tons of interviews in an attempt to understand how they function.

"When I said Burna Boy was not going to bring home the Grammy, it was a product of simple analysis. It was glaring but the emotions of many will not allow them see clearly that this will not happen.

"Well, I do not raise weak minds. I raise people who can think. Moral Allen was clear that Angelique was winning that category. But as usually people scuffed. You do not know Angelina and you have no idea what that award was about. That award was about new voice and new sound and Angelina practically had a new sound on every song on that album.

"I know people waited patiently for this to be wrong so the can gag me online especially those from Port Harcourt. I knew it could not be wrong.

"Whatever the case Burna remains the African Giant and I am still a fan.

"When next you see me, give me some respect. I am called the PRINCIPAL for a reason." He concluded.

Kidjo who sings in more than five languages and whose career has spanned almost four decades was gracious in receiving the award and dedicated it to Burna Boy.

“This is for Burna Boy,” she said, lifting up her award to cheers, and declaring the “African Giant” as part of the new generation of African musicians that are changing the global perception of Africa and its music.

A win for Burna would have made it the second time a Nigerian would be returning home with the Grammy plaque. Sikiru Adepoju is the only Nigerian to have won a Grammy. He won it in 2009 with the “Global Drum Project” a collaborative album with Mickey Hart, Zakir Hussain, and Giovanni Hidalgo.

Burna Boy had trended virtually throughout last week as fans, anticipating the awards, took to social media to express their love and support for him.

https://www.believespot.com/2020/01/Olumati-Isaiah-who-predicted-that-Burna-Boy-will-not-win-Grammy-award.html

(1) (Reply)

T Classic Signs An Exclusive Deal With Sony Music West Africa(watch Video) / Actress #rubyojiakor Pens An Open Letter To Ladies Who Open Their Legs For Ice C / Simi Schools Her Followers On Feminism As She Advocates For Gender Equality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.