Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,748 members, 7,802,290 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo (60115 Views)

National Park Abuja Video, Photo: You Won't Believe This Place Exist In Nigeria / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam / Gay Lions Getting Intimate At Kenya's National Park (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo by Kedro(m): 2:15am On Jan 28, 2020
maya007:
who wants to go oooo? let's do Saturday?
I'd love to Maya naisha..
Re: A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo by armyofone(m): 7:08am On Jan 28, 2020
grin grin so where should a goat be ? In your stew pot ? grin
I know nig is a funny place grin world standard should only be read in a book. What a country!!

Gucciboy1:
that zoo is soooo dead.
It's so sad that the government cant invest in it an grow it to world standard. Imagine seeing goats in a zoo? Are you kidding me ��
Re: A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo by bewla(m): 8:10am On Jan 28, 2020
uboma:

The gate isn't free. Stop misleading people.
Then how much so that if ! I mistake reach there I no go lose
Re: A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo by Kinane121(m): 10:06am On Jan 28, 2020
hmmmm National Park....
Re: A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo by uboma(m): 7:43pm On Jan 28, 2020
bewla:
Then how much so that if ! I mistake reach there I no go lose

I visited the National Park and Zoo in Abuja sometime in 2018, I can't remember the actual entry fees I paid at the times. But it is affordable, it's a nice place, you will like it.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo by maya007: 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2020
Kedro:
ok PM me let's make plans
Re: A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo by maya007: 8:03pm On Jan 28, 2020
Kedro:
ok PM me let's make plans
Re: A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo by tck2000(m): 9:07pm On Jan 28, 2020
Solomon8144:
When one lion go escape and pay a visit to the idiot in aso rock angry
Re: A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo by SFSNIPER(m): 1:24am On Jan 29, 2020
Experiencenaija:

It has been modified. Thanks for the observation
Please how do you watermark your photos and videos? Thanks
Re: A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo by Experiencenaija: 12:47pm On Jan 29, 2020
SFSNIPER:

Please how do you watermark your photos and videos? Thanks
You can watermark your photos with photoshop or through canva
Re: A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo by wizzypro: 12:12pm On Jan 30, 2020
maya007:
who wants to go oooo? let's do Saturday?
I'd love to... On Sat what time please
Re: A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo by maya007: 6:38pm On Jan 30, 2020
Style007:
Who wants to visit this zoo this week? i need people to go with.
am going on sarturday
Re: A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo by Experiencenaija: 1:14pm On Feb 22, 2020
Babalegba:
Your optimism is misplaced. This is Nigeria, the food budget is being used to build a mansion somewhere
The government doesn't fund the zoo. You can watch the video and listen to the interview we had with the manager towards the end of the video
Re: A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo by Experiencenaija: 1:18pm On Feb 22, 2020
GHoJes:

The lion even struggled to move for you, it couldn't even turn its head for me, was it the energy from the small cow meat it shares with the hyeana for a month that it will waste on any visitor. The snakes that feeds on day old chicks once in three weeks were hiding under a large stone to prevent visitors noise from draining it, I guess the tour guide forgot to tell me they are introverted because he must have exhausted the nocturnal line He used for other animals. The Ostriches 'oncur', they eat their eggs to make up for their meal, as such couldn't be bothered with any visitor. You will only see their big black body from a distance as though you are watching a country from another country.

The porcupine hides all day in the only hole in the cell it shares with white rats, if you have a desire to see a porcupine there, forget it, you would only see the spikes from the hole. One of the monkeys has lost its one hand to a chimpanzee due to hunger. The 93 years old tortoise stayed in one spot forever, I taught it was dead till a child climb on its back. The tiny lean antelope takes off the minute it sees any visitor, I guess it understands that the hunger there is a reflection of that in the country and that it can become a victim. The tour guide said the hyeanas communicate by laughter but they couldn't risk one laugh, instead they stared like what is there to laugh about. If you have seen a very hungry looking Fulani then you probably have seen the horses there.

All the animals are just waiting for the date they will become extinct by hunger.

It cost #400 per head for an adult but you will pay more if you request for a tour guide. The park is self sponsored, no government support, so I encourage people to visit especially those who have never been to a zoo, the environment also is a nice relaxation spot.

You can watch the video and see these animals move. The lion, tortoise and the rest were all active. Watch the video and see for Yourself
Re: A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo by Experiencenaija: 1:22pm On Feb 22, 2020
TruthSpeaker:
[b]THE PLACE DOESN’T LOOK BAD FOR NIGERIA GENERAL POOR STANDARD. THE ANIMALS ARE NOT REALLY HUNGRY LOOKING. I THINK A MASSIVE EXPANSION IS URGENTLY NEEDED. THE VARIETY OF ANIMALS IS EXTREMELY LIMITED FOR AN AFRICAN COUNTRY CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT MOST OF THE ANIMALS ARE NOT IMPORTED FROM OTHER COUNTRIES.
OF COURSE TO GET HIGH PATRONAGE YOU NEED TO HAVE A WIDE VARIETIES OF ANIMALS AND MANY OTHER SIDE ATTRACTIONS. I CAN REMEMBER OGBA ZOO OF BENIN IN THOSE DAYS (TALKING OF SOME 30 YEARS BACK), SO CAN I REMEMBER LONDON ZOO (I VISITED 15 YEARS BACK). I SAW AN ELEPHANT FOR THE 1ST AND ONLY TIME IN MY LIFE AT LONDON ZOO, WHERE AT OGBA ZOO IN BENIN THERE WAS NO ELEPHANT.
A LOT OF RESOURCES STILL NEEDS TO BE INVESTED TO GET THE PLACE BOOMING. THE MANAGER DOESN’T SOUND CLUELESS WHICH MEANS HE DESERVES HEADING THE PLACE. IF IT IS CALLED A NATIONAL PARK & ZOO, THEN THE GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO INVEST A LOT TO MAKE IT A STONG TOURIST ATTRACTION. TOURISM INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA IS VERY WEAK AND LACKLUSTER. CORRUPTION WILL ALWAYS PREVENT NIGERIA FROM ADVANCING TO THE LEVEL WE OUGHT TO BE, TOO BAD.[/b]

Thank you for your comment. This is the reason we need to get the word out about tourism so government sees reasons to invest in it.
It's one of our motivations for doing tourism content as it will support efforts to change the negative foreign perception about Nigeria and Nigerians.

And please remember to subscribe to our YouTube channel and encourage others to do same in order to support out work.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo by Experiencenaija: 1:25pm On Feb 22, 2020
clems88:
Yeye zoo were you cant find LIOn, Tiger and jeraff angry is that one a zoo
The place even dry gaan
There's a lion there. I'm not sure about Giraffe. You can watch the video so you'll see for yourself
Re: A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo by Experiencenaija: 1:30pm On Feb 22, 2020
Farki:

If the animals were in the forest it won't take long for hunters to turn them into bush meat. Even animals we don't need to eat we kill unnecessarily in this country. Zoos help with conservation efforts because most people won't be concerned with the animals unless they can see and learn about them.

Thank you for your comment.
Re: A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo by LLSAINT(m): 1:06pm On Mar 16, 2020
Good write up
Real fact also
GHoJes:

The lion even struggled to move for you, it couldn't even turn its head for me, was it the energy from the small cow meat it shares with the hyeana for a month that it will waste on any visitor. The snakes that feeds on day old chicks once in three weeks were hiding under a large stone to prevent visitors noise from draining it, I guess the tour guide forgot to tell me they are introverted because he must have exhausted the nocturnal line He used for other animals. The Ostriches 'oncur', they eat their eggs to make up for their meal, as such couldn't be bothered with any visitor. You will only see their big black body from a distance as though you are watching a country from another country.

The porcupine hides all day in the only hole in the cell it shares with white rats, if you have a desire to see a porcupine there, forget it, you would only see the spikes from the hole. One of the monkeys has lost its one hand to a chimpanzee due to hunger. The 93 years old tortoise stayed in one spot forever, I taught it was dead till a child climb on its back. The tiny lean antelope takes off the minute it sees any visitor, I guess it understands that the hunger there is a reflection of that in the country and that it can become a victim. The tour guide said the hyeanas communicate by laughter but they couldn't risk one laugh, instead they stared like what is there to laugh about. If you have seen a very hungry looking Fulani then you probably have seen the horses there.

All the animals are just waiting for the date they will become extinct by hunger.

It cost #400 per head for an adult but you will pay more if you request for a tour guide. The park is self sponsored, no government support, so I encourage people to visit especially those who have never been to a zoo, the environment also is a nice relaxation spot.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo by johnnygan(m): 1:44pm On Oct 17, 2023
Educative but absolutely nothing beautiful about it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. / Lagos Conductor Sleeping On Duty While Car Is Moving / Woman Does Conductor For Her Husband While He Drives (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.