Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

China: Nigeria Can Do Better - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China: Nigeria Can Do Better (1073 Views)

China, Nigeria To Build Device In Monitoring Earthquakes, Volcanic Eruptions / Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better / "What A Naval Officer Can Do An Army Officer Can Do Better" - Nigerian Soldier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China: Nigeria Can Do Better by Kayceenaz(m): 3:06pm On Jan 27, 2020
Just 10 years ago, China relied on importation of arms/weapons to meet her security needs. Today, China is officially the second largest arms producer in the world, leaving Russia in third place and only behind USA. The feat was accomplished by earmarking more money to defense. Interestingly, China now makes money from exporting arms (Source: Aljazeera).

Since a change as radical as this is possible after such a length of time, fact is Nigeria has no excusable excuse for the retrogression in security. How can a mere Boko-haram sect largely operating within our borders still maintain hold on Nigeria's jugular after all these years? Why are herdsmen waxing strong as a nightmare? Has the Federal Government done possibly enough to upgrade the ministry of defense? If she has, then we shouldn't be here. The continuous onslaught doesn't make sense and keeps strong suspicions of collusion somewhere alive.

This inability to win this age-old battle against insurgency, in spite of the full deployment of our military, makes Nigeria appear weak within Africa and beyond. If we were in the ancient or medieval era, Nigeria by now would have been invaded by other nations. It does not augur well for our foreign image at all. One can imagine our Foreign Affairs deputation, Godfrey Onyema and his crew, being the subject of jokes either before or after they leave a meeting abroad. The Nigerian government can't religiously keep her own side of the social contract of protecting the lives and properties of Nigerians, why should she be taken serious? With the billions of dollars crossing our path often, truth is Nigeria can fare much better.

©Kaycee Naze
Concerned Nigerian.

Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by Kayceenaz(m): 3:14pm On Jan 27, 2020
cc:lalasticlala
Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by Kayceenaz(m): 3:31pm On Jan 27, 2020
cc: mynd44, lalasticlala
Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by Kayceenaz(m): 7:58pm On Jan 27, 2020
CC: Lalasticlala
Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by Kayceenaz(m): 1:36am On Jan 28, 2020
cc: lalasticlala
Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by MelloJelly: 3:21am On Jan 28, 2020
yeah for a country our size we need to start manufactring weapons

1 Like

Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by NextPresido: 5:37am On Jan 28, 2020
MelloJelly:
yeah for a country our size we need to start manufactring weapons

Do you want all of it to end up with Boko Haram? This one wey FG dey feed and release them in the name of rehabilitation

1 Like

Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by BENARI: 5:46am On Jan 28, 2020
Who wan develop and manufacture the arms; na almajiri wen no dey go school abi na the once wey just pass through almajiri standard university then go collect him birthright political office na him wan do am?

A beg make we dey serious for one second a beg!

Before we come here to day dream, take a trip to Kaduna and all the way to Borno, and then, come have your dream of what Nigeria can achieve or have the potential to achieve.

I have no doubt, that Nigeria is set to become by far the worst country in the world in no more than 10 years from now. You need no special intelligence to see this.

You're busy talking about becoming like China. You should first talk about us becoming like Ghana, and then you can start looking up.

1 Like

Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by MelloJelly: 7:30am On Jan 28, 2020
BENARI:
Who wan develop and manufacture the arms; na almajiri wen no dey go school abi na the once wey just pass through almajiri standard university then go collect him birthright political office na him wan do am?

Before we come here to day dream, take a trip to Kaduna and all the way to Borno, and then, come have your dream of what Nigeria can achieve or have the potential to achieve.

I have no doubt, that Nigeria is set to become by far the worst country in the world in no more than 10 years from now. You need no special intelligence to see this.

You're busy talking about becoming like China. You should first talk about us becoming like Ghana, and then you can start looking up.
weapons are manufacturedby private companies
Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by BENARI: 8:21am On Jan 28, 2020
MelloJelly:

Then open a factory and Start production.

1 Like

Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by Kayceenaz(m): 2:09pm On Jan 28, 2020
NextPresido:

Do you want all of it to end up with Boko Haram? This one wey FG dey feed and release them in the name of rehabilitation
A mere assumption.
Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by Kayceenaz(m): 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2020
BENARI:

Such pessimism is the last thing Nigeria needs at this turbulent time, for it exaggerates the enormity of national challenges and suggests giving up. Nigeria can still rise from this cesspit and soar. The right captains are yet to come on board.
Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by Kayceenaz(m): 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2020
MelloJelly:

In Nigeria's case, the Federal Government needs to be at the forefront due to the heavy financial and human resources needed to set up such.
Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by Kayceenaz(m): 2:37pm On Jan 28, 2020
Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by BENARI: 4:45pm On Jan 28, 2020
Kayceenaz:

Such pessimism is the last thing Nigeria needs at this turbulent time, for it exaggerates the enormity of national challenges and suggests giving up. Nigeria can still rise from this cesspit and soar. The right captains are yet to come on board.

I admire your Hope, but if you know this country well, I assure you you won't waste a second hoping.

In a country where after 60 long years of independence, you're still trying to convince the North about the value of education and family planning?

You got to be kidding me Bro. Nigeria is not a hopeless situation, it's an impossibly situation.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by Kayceenaz(m): 8:02pm On Jan 29, 2020
CC: Lalasticlala
Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by Kayceenaz(m): 2:57am On Jan 31, 2020
Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by Susu888(m): 4:24am On Jan 31, 2020
Hopefully we will begin venturing into private sector weapon industries because the army alone cannot meet up the requirements.

1 Like

Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by Kayceenaz(m): 11:18am On Jan 31, 2020
Susu888:
Hopefully we will begin venturing into private sector weapon industries because the army alone cannot meet up the requirements.
I concur, that's a possibility.

1 Like

Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by VTJN(m): 7:50pm On Feb 15, 2021
Kayceenaz:

I concur, that's a possibility.
Good day Sir, I honestly love your sense of writing. please Sir can i meet you?
Re: China: Nigeria Can Do Better by Kayceenaz(m): 4:37am On Feb 16, 2021
VTJN:
Good day Sir, I honestly love your sense of writing. please Sir can i meet you?
Thanks. Sure.

(1) (Reply)

Photos From The Wedding Of Son Of Former Ogun Governor, Gbenga Daniel / Buhari, Northerners Cheating Us With 1999 Constitution — Ayo Adebanjo / The Government Of Photoshop Is Gone Forever ~by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu(leader Of Ipob)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.