Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri (45085 Views)

Man Miraculously Saved By Doctors In FMC Owerri. (photos). Work Place Injury. / Doctor Stephen Ijeuwe Collapses, Dies In FMC Yenogoa Over Lack Of Defibrillator / Update Of Fmc Owerri Juhesu Strike News Scandal.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by Sweetcollins: 6:41pm On Jan 28, 2020
Abuse of small power

1 Like

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by TechWows: 6:41pm On Jan 28, 2020
Wicked human being.
Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by TechWows: 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2020
Join Amotekun and defend justice. See how to join: https://amotekun.design.blog/2020/01/21/amotekun/

1 Like

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by okpalaAnambra: 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2020
These nurses Sabi overdo... nonsense nurses
Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by maestroferddi: 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2020
People cannot manage a little privilege....

1 Like

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2020
Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by nonoski: 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2020
That how most Nigerian Doctor carry themselves like demigod

That's his face

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by TRUSTEDGUY: 6:43pm On Jan 28, 2020
TRUSTEDGUY:
grin

There's nothing special about this topic men harness the female folks daily and the same holds for some female folks against the male why this is making front page beats my imagination.
Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by joyandfaith: 6:43pm On Jan 28, 2020
TriliOne:
The incident happened on the 4th January which was on a Saturday, the house officer was said to be using the digital sphygmomanometer which belonged to the A.C. N.O in question to check himself. The A.C.N.O however asked him to stop using the sphyg as it belonged to her because he had a previous history of assault against her which she didn’t report. He ignored her & continued using it. This surprising disobedience and force for use of her personal item prompted her to disconnect the cuff on his arm from the machine and carried it (the machine) waiting so he can give her the cuff, however the describable aggressive House Officer unexpectedly, removed the cuff and used it to flog the Assistant Chief Nursing Officer on her neck up to her cheek, enough that she sustained injury on her neck.

The doctor in his aggressive suit also attempted to beat the second Nurse around who the scene tried to intervene upon sighting the scene of embarrassment. This happened at the A&E (Casualty) unit of the hospital on that fateful Saturday.

When I spoke with the affected Chief, she said she has written to the MD and Head of Clinical Services (H.C.S) through the H.O.D of Nursing Services Department. The best the H.C.S could do was to ask the House Officer in training- Nnanna Njemanze to apologize to the Nurse. I also asked her about the issue of a previous assault on her by the same h.o. She told me that towards the end of December, 2019, Nnanna Njemanze came to catheterize a female patient at the Casualty but the patient refused the procedure, hence she encouraged him to document patient’s refusal but he told her in exactly remembered sentence: “shut up! who are you to tell me what to do?”.

When they came aside, she went ahead to talk to him personally on the importance of his documentation to help exonerate himself from any negative implication and went ahead to wash her hands in the sink. While she was doing so, he gave her a slap on her ear from behind which affected her left ear and eye.

Everyone present were surprised and she merely spoke to him not to try it again as it was wrong. Only for him to take a step further barely 2 weeks from his first crime! If Nnanna Njemanze, a house officer could behave this way, it therefore means by the time he becomes a consultant, Nurses would have to run away from him and don’t forget, he may be in any hospital in any part of Nigeria for that matter. He didn’t even consider the age of the woman in question! Check how many years in service it would have taken her to climb to the level of an A.C.N.O (at least 12-13 years or more) definitely before Nnanna Njemanze entered the University to study Medicine.

Most annoyingly was another House Officer I personally approached at F.M.C about this issue and he told me precisely “forget that matter, e don die, dem don kill am. Nothing dey happen”. Really?, could that be true? Simply because he’s a doctor, the MD a doctor, the HCS also a doctor? Is that the reason for the high level of clear injustice?? But if that Nurse had retaliated, they would have known that Civil Service rule applies and the Nurse would have been going from one disciplinary panel and committee to another until they terminate her job.

Now, nobody has arisen to take strict action on this because he’s really not worth it. Such a person is a threat to other health workers, does not exhibit any knowledge of work place ethics and cannot relate healthily with other health workers. If you’re interested in this matter, you’re highly welcome to investigate this yourself.

https://healthinfocorner.com/house-officer-assault-senior-nurse-in-fmc-owerri/

both the nurse and the doctor are arrogant and proud.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by wiseoneking: 6:43pm On Jan 28, 2020
BlackfireX:
Three things will be the cause of such incipid attitude.

1. Money.
2.pussy/diccck
3. Option 1and 2

How always dirty are evil and obscene heart of man. So this is where you heart went to, " as a man thinketh in his heart so is he". Who are you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by Yohh: 6:43pm On Jan 28, 2020
The write up is obviously one sided, even though I believe the doctor did wrong, it wouldn't be as bad as painted here.

6 Likes

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by xrayj(m): 6:44pm On Jan 28, 2020
Zeinymira:

It's the nurse property, not the hospital property. The doctor has no right using it without that woman's permission
I know
But since the doctor has already started using it on a patient, there was no need dragging it with the doctor, she should have wait, take the equipment home after the treatment. That is what any good person would have done, put yourself in the patient shoes. Her act also shows she was selfish, that may have angered the doctor, although the doctor was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 28, 2020
A normal human will respect even a cleaner that is older and working for years b4 u,but here is a house officer that's on top of the world ,and sees a nurse as a trash.Its just a pity

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by kevweflex(m): 6:45pm On Jan 28, 2020
I don't understand this post one bit. So confusing. Use of abbreviations without letting your reader know. I just stopped reading. Good luck to those that understand this.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by okpalaAnambra: 6:46pm On Jan 28, 2020
Brandonx:
The doctor is just proud and stupid. He should be dealt with.

On a second thought, probably both of them don run show before Wey no work.
This is a single crafted story..try and hear his side too...don't get blackmailed by women

5 Likes

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by gr8cany: 6:46pm On Jan 28, 2020
Sholaco:
Why always imo

Why
Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by okpalaAnambra: 6:46pm On Jan 28, 2020
Zeinymira:

It's the nurse property, not the hospital property. The doctor has no right using it without that woman's permission
This is even her own well crafted side of the story..we need to hear from the doctor too

4 Likes

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by Neddyogu(m): 6:46pm On Jan 28, 2020
TriliOne:

The medical director of the hospital is a doctor. The head of clinical services is a doctor. They will likely sweep this under the carpet to cover up for their colleague.

Not for a lowly HO.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by okpalaAnambra: 6:47pm On Jan 28, 2020
frosbel2:
Thank God for social media. The idiot does not belong to the medical profession, he should relocate to a ZOO.
Poor judge..you haven't even heard from the doctor and you already passed judgement...they're 3 sides to a story
Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by frubben(m): 6:48pm On Jan 28, 2020
Mumu doctor. Make Dem touch am small. Make body tell am
Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 28, 2020
Hmmm...kk
Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 28, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Poor judge..you haven't even heard from the doctor and you already passed judgement...they're 3 sides to a story

Is it not Nigerian doctors ?? Lol.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by okpalaAnambra: 6:49pm On Jan 28, 2020
PrayerSlayer1:
Kindly put up the House Officer's picture and if possible the institution he graduated from, and if possible his phone number, so his village people and the entire world can be watching him in 3D.

The Matron is cool oh. But sometimes, being cool is not an option. If she really wants him disciplined, I'm sure she knows what to do.
All these for an unconfirmed story which looks well crafted to portray the said Dr in a bad light...we need to hear from the Dr..you're definitely a poor judge who will send an accused to jail without fair hearing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by Yohh: 6:50pm On Jan 28, 2020
Neddyogu:

Not for a lowly HO.
...and that 'lowly HO' is superior in term of grade level and pay more than half of the whole nurses in that hospital.

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by joyandfaith: 6:50pm On Jan 28, 2020
true, doctor was wrong in assaulting her twice. nurses and doctors document different. i do not think any doctor will tell any nurse how to document. i think nurse should not be telling doctor what to document. people should know their professional boundaries.
on spyg, it was wrong for the nurse to disconnect the spyg while the doctor was using it even if it belonged to the nurse.

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by Zeinymira(f): 6:51pm On Jan 28, 2020
xrayj:

I know
But since the doctor has already started using it on a patient, there was no need dragging it with the doctor, she should have wait, take the equipment home after the treatment. That is what any good person would have done, put yourself in the patient shoes. Her act also shows she was selfish, that may have angered the doctor, although the doctor was wrong.

The doctor used the sphygmomanometer on himself not a patient. You didn't read the whole thing before you made your first comment.

Selfish on top her property? I hear.
That's how they become a menace to themselves, the junior doctors, patients and other health workers when they become a consultant. There likes do stay in Nigeria anyway so they can continue to flex stupid muscle

5 Likes

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by okpalaAnambra: 6:51pm On Jan 28, 2020
Yohh:
The write up is obviously one sided, even though I believe the doctor did wrong, it wouldn't be as bad as painted here.
You will make a good judge

1 Like

Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by okpalaAnambra: 6:51pm On Jan 28, 2020
Sodiquinone:
A normal human will respect even a cleaner that is older and working for years b4 u,but here is a house officer that's on top of the world ,and sees a nurse as a trash.Its just a pity
And you already believed this without hearing from him..poor judge
Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by studentarrive: 6:52pm On Jan 28, 2020
Too bad. Nothing seem working in this Country
Re: Doctor Assaults Senior Nurse In FMC, Owerri by okpalaAnambra: 6:52pm On Jan 28, 2020
frubben:
Mumu doctor. Make Dem touch am small. Make body tell am
Na u be mumu ok...you never hear from him u de pass judgement..poor judge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) / 276 New COVID-19 Cases, 74 Discharged And 16 Deaths On May 26 - (1741 Tested) / The Mango Seed I Accidentally Swallowed Has Been Expelled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.