Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:38 PM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (1552 Views)

BREAKING! Heavy Gun Fire By Unknown Gunmen At Immigration Office Umuahia (live) / NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres / Aregbesola Commissions Immigration Office Complex In Akwa Ibom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Mstick: 8:17pm On Jan 28, 2020

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Yeahmee: 10:36pm On Jan 28, 2020
bribery and corruption
Re: . by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 28, 2020
What's new? That's Nigeria for you.Roger and have your way.
Re: . by naijaking1: 1:15am On Jan 29, 2020
Since Buhari came to power, we have seen brazen extortion from all military and paramilitary forces manned by his tribesmen. So the police, army, customs, Immigration, and even DSS have all built their own check points along our roads to easily collect and extort money from citizens.
And you say Buhari is fighting corruption?
Re: . by Mstick: 7:33am On Jan 29, 2020
Its so disheartening that we as a people don’t care about the situation of others, you forget that today I may “roger” them but tomorrow you will still complain about corruption.

I’ve paid for my express passport which I was made to understand is 35k but I paid more, so why do I still have to “roger”? The money used to print the passport booklets isn’t from his personal funds so why will one man be holding an institution ransom for his own selfish interests.
Re: . by helinues: 7:45am On Jan 29, 2020
Immigration?

You better pay the bribe and move on except if you don't need the passport urgently..

This is not about River state or Nigeria, it is all immigration worldwide
Re: . by Mstick: 8:07am On Jan 29, 2020

1 Like

Re: . by helinues: 8:10am On Jan 29, 2020
Mstick:
Really? So after paying 35000 for an express passport for over four months, then I should still pay an extra 15000?!

It’s easy for you to say “pay the bribe and move on” because you’ve no idea how much I’ve lost just because my passport couldn’t be ready as at when it was supposed to send even when I’ve paid and extra 20000 in November!

Really?! So immigration all around the world extort their citizens or you just have to say this to give a corrupt and inconsiderate individuals a pat on the back.

It’s easy to dismiss the pain of others because you’re not wearing the shoes, I know of someone who paid the extra 15k and she still hasn’t gotten the passport.

You simply don't have sure contact/direct contact there..
My first ever passports took more than 3 months to get so I learned since then.. On 4th passport now
Re: . by Mstick: 11:31am On Mar 09, 2020
Re: . by Tonitelli: 11:41am On Mar 09, 2020
Wow...!!!mods,if this is true then it's very bad...u will push all sorts abt snakes and Regina Daniels and bobrisky and Tonto dike to the front page and leave an issue of such importance in limbo....
...sad, honestly...

3 Likes

Re: . by Hoephase: 12:14pm On Mar 09, 2020
Mstick:
Dear Nigerian immigration, my daughter died last night and I am so heartbroken.

I paid for a passport since last year and I have been told no booklet.

I've gone to meet the PASSPORT OFFICER I've called and called the complaint team in Abuja, I even cried speaking to one of your officers called IBB and she asked to go and cry to the PCO!

nothing works in this country absolutely nothing.

We need this passport to fly her for surgery in Dubai since last year. Thank you buhari! Thank you babadende!

I created this thread and I begged the mods to post it because I was desperate and they never did.
Thank you all!

Sorry for your loose. May her soul find peace.

As for the mods, I really don't know where to start with you guys.

1 Like

Re: . by positivelord: 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2020
Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Dominique. Please I beg you by the Name of God send this to front page.....what is happening in Immigration
office Port Harcourt is outrageous. Please attention from the authority high up is needed. I have paid for the renewal of my passport
since November,2019. This March 2020 and there is no hope I can get it any time soon except I pay extra #28,000k.

The minister of interior need to be aware. I trust he will rectify this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: . by positivelord: 12:41pm On Mar 09, 2020
Mstick:

I've gone to meet the PASSPORT OFFICER I've called and called the complaint team in Abuja, I even cried speaking to one of your officers called IBB and she asked to go and cry to the PCO!

We need this passport to fly her for surgery in Dubai since last year. Thank you buhari! Thank you babadende!

I created this thread and I begged the mods to post it because I was desperate and they never did.
Thank you all!

Oh.So sad....my deepest condolences

1 Like

Re: . by Westernlove: 2:33pm On Mar 09, 2020
I'm not so sure Vital Posts like this would get to front page. But I hope It does. It Is bigger than the owner of the forum and the mods. It's a national and state Issue. Most people will be afraid to address or get Involve In this kind of sensitive Issue. May Almighty God give you the fortitude to bear your loss. It Is Well.

2 Likes

Re: . by Mstick: 5:22am On Mar 23, 2020
Re: . by megacity: 5:42am On Mar 23, 2020
Mstick:
Immigration office in Federal secretariat Aba road, the immigration officers are extorting citizens. Most of us paid for express passports since last year and till today we’re yet to see what we paid for rather we’re being asked to pay extra 15000-20000.

The Immigration officers there said it’s an order from the PCO since he returned from Abuja. Because according to him he “hustled” to get the booklets from Abuja.

I just want to know if it’s a crime to be Nigerian? What can be gotten easily in Nigeria without extortion?!

I went to take my passport I paid for since last year October and i am being asked to pay extra.

I just want to call the attention of the Comptroller General to this pure extortion going on in the immigration at Rivers state. When I walk around the immigration offices I see adverts that warn against bribery but your officers are taking bribes brazenly.

Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Dominique.
Please help me send this to FP so the appropriate authorities can see this. Thank you.

It's same situation across the country and not just Rivers.

You can get your passport same day or next if you are ready to pay the price. If you refuse to pay extra and insist on the official fee, it may take forever before your passport comes out. Sad but that the way it's been for a long time
Re: . by jeff1607(m): 5:49am On Mar 23, 2020
Mstick:

Thank you all!

sorry for your loss, I believe the mods will take this to front page.

1 Like

Re: . by Mstick: 5:51am On Mar 23, 2020
I paid for express, I paid!

I was being asked to bring extra 15k on each passport which I refused because I had already spent more than I was meant to.

When I saw that there was no other way, I paid the 15k on EACH passport.

megacity:

It's same situation across the country and not just Rivers.

You can get your passport same day or next if you are ready to pay the price. If you refuse to pay extra and insist on the official fee, it may take forever before your passport comes out. Sad but that the way it's been for a long time
Re: . by Mstick: 5:52am On Mar 23, 2020
Thank you!

I don't know why they've not, if they need proof I am willing to provide.

I barely sleep this days!

jeff1607:

sorry for your loss, I believe the mods will take this to front page.
Re: . by Passionate888: 6:50am On Mar 23, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: . by megacity: 6:54am On Mar 23, 2020
Mstick:
I paid for express, I paid!

I was being asked to bring extra 15k on each passport which I refused because I had already spent more than I was meant to.

When I saw that there was no other way, I paid the 15k on EACH passport.

Lodge official complaint against the people you paid at EFCC or petition the Commissioner of Police
Re: . by Mstick: 7:30am On Mar 23, 2020
Ok, can you tell me how to go about this?

megacity:

Lodge official complaint against the people you paid at EFCC or petition the Commissioner of Police
Re: . by Mstick: 10:50pm On Mar 23, 2020
Re: . by kenny1111: 11:06pm On May 08, 2020
take this matter to twitter and tagged the necessary guys......Good luck.
Re: . by sisisioge: 7:40am On May 16, 2020
So sad...that's why once people are able to escape this country for good, they dont bother returning.
Re: . by Beedude(m): 4:30pm On May 16, 2020
Mstick:
Ok, can you tell me how to go about this?

U should take ur case to twitter. Tag influencial people, and govt officials u know. Keep tagging and tagging. Something good will come out.
But if u remain on Nairaland, u are only wasting ur precious time. Sorry for ur loss dear

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

A Sars Officer Seen Holding Ak47 In Native Dress / VIDEO: FG Releases N4.5bn To 31 Teaching Hospital, Says NARD Strike'll End Soon / 10 Shocking Facts About Aisha Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.