Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,688 members, 7,801,983 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town (52136 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan's House In Otuoke Remains Accessible Only By Canoe (Pictures) / Gunmen Attack Goodluck Jonathan’s Home In Otuoke, Kill 1 Soldier, Injure Others / Obasanjo Meets With Goodluck Jonathan In Otuoke (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Asquare84(m): 8:08am On Jan 29, 2020
Cantonese:
Talk about corruption. With 5.9b for water and it packed up almost immediately. Was there no maintainance agreenent with the contractors?

If it was a federal government project how did it become Dickson's issue? Where is the minister in charge? Where are the contractors? Why would they stop paying staff salaries? How did it suddenly become private property with some people collecting rent? Could Jonathan no complain to government? Apparently Jonathan has done nothing about it since he has good water in his own compound.

Na wa for this country sef.

do you read to understand at all please read and digest again, the project was initiated by the federal govt and handed over as a gift to bayelsa govt for maintenance

2 Likes

Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Blindersoff: 8:11am On Jan 29, 2020
PDP ...... USELESS PARTY.

You won't see that Racoon with his usual nonsensical posts on threads like this because it directly contradicts all his useless noise about Buhari cheesy

This has been the fate of most PDP governed regions for a long time. PDP having been there ruling for so long took governorship and the people for granted.

My own Abia state is the cancer of Nigeria. Useless governor from an even more useless party

2 Likes

Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by TroubleMaker47(m): 8:12am On Jan 29, 2020
So that rubbish is N5.9bn?
This country won't kill person!
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by CloudResident(m): 8:14am On Jan 29, 2020
GEJ was a good man with a good heart.Yes.
But he's also very dumb! grin

Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by FactualSpeech: 8:16am On Jan 29, 2020
TechCapon:
5.9 billion for water tanks, pumping machine and generator. Dickson and Jonathan are failures to their people. Small state with big allocation. Bad leaders

yes they are both failures but check the year it was commissioned again, read the news well to know it wasnt completed by Jonathan so the said amount was spent by your very own.
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Blindersoff: 8:16am On Jan 29, 2020
CloudResident:

Super extremely dumb
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 29, 2020
post=86196171:

[/b]

So Jonathan couldn't provide water for just 13 local government in his state including his village for the 6 whole years he was the President?!

Same Buhari some foolish souls are cursing and abusing daily brought water to Jonathan's hometown and handed over to the State Government and yet, they could not maintain it!
And they keep saying Buhari is their problem in life!
Obviously, some people embezzled this 5 BILLION NAIRA! shocked

[b]We don't want to type much on this shameful situation.
We are simply short of words!

It is only God that can help us in this nation.
The masses are not ready to help themselves obviously.

The hypocritical masses that will never ask questions from their leaders, but rather continue in their Hypocritical lifestyle will continue to suffer it.

This is the real definition of SHAMELESSNESS!!
There was a nation!

Las las we go dey alright
You've said it all.
To some criminals, they will still continue to say Buhari is their problem!
They will all be alright las las...
What a shame!

Later they will be complaining that north is their problem... North is developing despite it poverty....

True that!

Stale. In as much as I've ways supported APC, this narrative is unnecessary now.

Focus on the poor maintenance culture at all levels of government.
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by tiwiex(m): 8:21am On Jan 29, 2020
slimfit1:
Those people deserve what they get.
You no read am guy. The project was implemented in 2016 during this government. It was only sited in Otuoke. It is a FEDERAL GOVERNMENT project and not state

You just see Jonathan and quickly do FTC. Lol.
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by donprinyo(m): 8:21am On Jan 29, 2020
After they will say he didnt do anything in his home town
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by donprinyo(m): 8:22am On Jan 29, 2020
CloudResident:
silence sometimes can be more wise
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by backtalkG(m): 8:23am On Jan 29, 2020
water every where in bayelsa but non to drink
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by fasho01(m): 8:25am On Jan 29, 2020
RealLordZeus:
Now what do we say to this! You lack resources, FG provide, to maintain am, una no fit. Small time we go take turns abuse Buhari.
Las las we go dey alright

Did u even read the article! The project was sited because there is no portable water in the community, they depend on sachet water to survive and yet you believe the project was not executed for the community bla bla bla. I shake my head for you

That's the point.. They recognise a need yet start it off with the intent to embezzle rather than benefit the community, the reason it has been abandoned. Shake your head for yourself please

2 Likes

Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Soulmender: 8:26am On Jan 29, 2020
I'm a big fan of Jonathan but at the same time I'm so ashamed of the man.... Each time I read about the poor state of things and lack of basic amenities in Bayelsa state, I just shake my head for the man. I'm not sure the whole of Bayelsa state is up to a local government in kano. How come this man didn't do any significant thing for his state for a whole six years in power, instead he was busy beautifying northern states, giving them federal schools and the rest thinking he can buy their loyalty.
No drinkable water, no good road, the rivers are messed up, the primary and secondary are in a very bad state, everything is zero.
God help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by AMvanquish: 8:26am On Jan 29, 2020
And the stupid governor went to build a Golf Course..
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by femmy2010(m): 8:26am On Jan 29, 2020
To make Nigeria work. we must learn to hold accountable our Local Government Chairmen, State Assembly members, National assembly members, and senators first before the president.
Those aforementioned ones are the ones killing us more than the president.
May God sha help us.
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by majamajic(m): 8:29am On Jan 29, 2020
Mymynd4u:
Later they will be complaining that north is their problem... North is developing despite it poverty....

So people do develop with poverty ?

Can u explain more pls , how do one develop with poverty ?

We learn everyday
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Westernlove: 8:34am On Jan 29, 2020
MorataFC:
I can't believe this, so it means for 6 years that GEJ was the president of this country he could not provide portable water for his community? Pathetic That reminds of OBJ too after 8 good years as Nigeria president if you see the road that leads to his own town you will sorry for him.
This what northerners will not fail to do, they will enrich their (friends grin) community.

Abeokuta express way.....The most useless president ever In the history of mankind.

2 Likes

Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by chukwumzurum(m): 8:35am On Jan 29, 2020
Mad o
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by MoIbrahim: 8:36am On Jan 29, 2020
Nor be Jonathan put am there?

fortsierafino:
Seriake Dickson should be blamed
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by sulaak(m): 8:38am On Jan 29, 2020
Mymynd4u:

Northerner should shut up, they have produced four elected presidents and only have desertification, poverty and terrorist to show for it
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Izigha(m): 8:39am On Jan 29, 2020
I keep saying it that you can not run a country with generators. If you look at this project, the first thing that broke was that CAT generator, small issue like a low oil can bring that gen to a grinding stop, after that it's down hill, pumps filters will stop

2 Likes

Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by ZombieHUNT: 8:40am On Jan 29, 2020
Asquare84:

i don't understand how some of you reason, what has Nigeria as country got to do with this, why don't you channel your grievances to the bayelsa govt

It's a general disease in the shithole country not only in Bayelsa...

Niggerrr area is an abode for corrupt politicians and looters... Using police... Dss... Army to suppress the citizens

37 billion to renovate a national assembly my left yansh
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by sulaak(m): 8:41am On Jan 29, 2020
femmy2010:
To make Nigeria work. we must learn to hold accountable our Local Government Chairmen, State Assembly members, National assembly members, and senators first before the president.
Those aforementioned ones are the ones killing us more than the president.
May God sha help us.

That will work if the country was a federal republic and not a unitary state, where all the resources are controlled in Abuja. Restructure the country, so that we can hold regional leaders accountable.
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Realdollars: 8:42am On Jan 29, 2020
Attention!!! Finally, God has forgiven Satan after eons of years, on the ground that Nigerians are God's real enemy, they oppose God more than Satan.
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Hussainmaaji: 8:43am On Jan 29, 2020
People are so stupid just because of hypocrite and sentiment how could project that sited at Bayelsa stupidity not let some people blame Bayelsans they are blaming Nigeria, is it bad for the Nigeria to award the project? Jonathan, Dickson and Bayelsan deserved the blame. How can your stupidity not let you see Bayelsan fault?
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by InvertedHammer: 8:45am On Jan 29, 2020
/
Don't forget that GEJ is some people's hero--a hero without an achievement even in his own backyard. Buhari is the one that built the road at Otuoke. Go figure!
\
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Hussainmaaji: 8:47am On Jan 29, 2020
sulaak:

That will work if the country was a federal republic and not a unitary state, where all the resources are controlled in Abuja. Restructure the country, so that we can hold regional leaders accountable.
even now a responsible person can hold them that is Chairmen, House of Assembly, Governors Reps, Senators response for what is going on. What restructuring are we talking about? Good what are the duties of those elected them into public offices?

1 Like

Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Trunquejnr(m): 8:59am On Jan 29, 2020
Kreamie:
Nigeria my dear country..

1 step forward

10 steps backwards cry cry cry

1000 steps backwards
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by DaBullIT(m): 9:03am On Jan 29, 2020
seguno2:

Do you mean that everyone and everywhere in the north has water 24/7 with adequate pressure?

When I was younger, I lived in Kaduna, kabala Costa in, they had water lived in Unqwa romi, they had water

Lived in bukuru Road and schooled there I think, there was water

I visited zaria, they had water

I visited makurdi and recently Niger state they had water

Maybe not 100% all the time but North has always had water and electricity waaaay more than East or South West

When we say Jonathan is a failure we were being nice

1 Like

Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by wirinet(m): 9:18am On Jan 29, 2020
TechCapon:
5.9 billion for water tanks, pumping machine and generator. Dickson and Jonathan are failures to their people. Small state with big allocation. Bad leaders
It's shocking. N5.9 billon not million o. Just for aluminium water tanks, pumping machines and generation. Most likely the staff quarters and land was included in the project.
But then, how many staff do you need to run a bore hole? Niger delta and white elephant projects are like fire and smoke.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lockdown: Lagos Launches ‘food Kitchen’ To Feed 100,000 Youths Daily / MC Oluomo's Daughter, Nofisat Akinsanya Becomes A Registered Nurse In US / Soldiers Carry Out Clearance Operation In Bama, Borno; Recover Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.