Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,436 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Scared Of Remaining Single - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Scared Of Remaining Single (8756 Views)

After Being Single For Soo Long, Im Now Scared Of Getting Married. Please Help!! / I'm Scared Of Marrying Her / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scared Of Remaining Single by Lionqueen: 9:56pm On Jan 28, 2020
My 30th birthday is in few weeks time. Am scared because I don't have a boyfriend. It's beginning to give me sleepness night. But is marriage the ultimate? Please no body should insult me����

6 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by SeunCashbtc: 10:07pm On Jan 28, 2020
I hope age doesn't matter to you if yes can we talk privately maybe things can work out with us I'm single too

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by psalmsmiles(m): 10:15pm On Jan 28, 2020
Remember that guy who honestly loved you but you ditched him because he "wasn't" good enough for you 10 years ago?
This is karma paying back in full bi!tch

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Ijadun04(m): 10:18pm On Jan 28, 2020
be calm, I can hook you up if you don't mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by A305: 10:19pm On Jan 28, 2020
Don't sweat it honey, Sleep fine sweetheart. You only being subconsciously conscious of societal norms and standards. It's okay to be single. Do not let social contruct bend or dictate your life direction. It will happen when it happens.

Do not get too desperate to fall into the hands of a prey like me. Trust me, when you end up getting stuck in a terrible relationship/marriage, then you would appreciate appreciate your years of being single.

Marriage is only sacred only to those who has never been married. Not to dumb down marriage but make you see reason why life is more of your happiness than meeting up with societal expectations.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by ValCon888: 10:23pm On Jan 28, 2020
You call yourself 'Lionqueen' yet you're scared like a pùssy. Shame on you. You don't deserve that moniker.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Chikaaaaaa: 10:24pm On Jan 28, 2020
My uncle is single and sleeping with me pls come marry him for my body to rest
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by obioji(f): 10:36pm On Jan 28, 2020
Don't be scared. Enjoy your single status. At "your right'" time you will get married. Be careful not to get into the wrong relationship because of desperation. Love will find you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2020
Try be a lioness. ...anyway they are lot of single guys out there...but marriage is a different phase of life... the big question is what make you think you are prepared..it goes beyond having a boyfriend..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by desvi: 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2020
psalmsmiles:
Remember that guy who honestly loved you but you ditched him because he "wasn't" good enough for you 10 years ago?

take your bitterness elsewhere

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 28, 2020
Lionqueen:
My 30th birthday is in few weeks time. Am scared because I don't have a boyfriend. It's beginning to give me sleepness night. But is marriage the ultimate? Please no body should insult me����
I got married to my wife in her 30s. Stop giving yourself unnecessary headache. Be confident and focus on your career. It would surely happen someday . I have a female friend who is 37 years old. She is getting married in March. She did her traditional last month. Her husband-to-be is 40 years old and has never married before.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Sanchez01: 11:27pm On Jan 28, 2020
Lionqueen:
The BIG 30! Don't take the rants of inexperienced people on here about what eventually becomes of a lady when she clocks 29 or 30.

Improve on your weaknesses, enjoy your strengths and let people see them easily. A sensible dude will come around so long you don't prioritize fantasies.

Happy birthday in advance.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by DoubleEngine007: 12:14am On Jan 29, 2020
fairfora:
I got married to my wife in her 30s. Stop giving yourself unnecessary headache. Be confident and focus on your career. It would surely happen someday . I have a female friend who is 37 years old. She is getting married in March. She did her traditional last month. Her husband-to-be is 40 years old and has never married before.
Hmmmm This one weak me small,but its all about different destinies anyways.. Its not actually how far,but how well.. Op your partner will come,but I hope you are not the one driving him away ?.. He mustn't be super rich o,because this mindset makes some girls single till 80.. So,please don't rush,just keep praying and he will come soon..
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by toplinetrtrend: 12:52am On Jan 29, 2020
A305:
Don't sweat it honey, Sleep fine sweetheart. You only being subconsciously conscious of societal norms and standards. It's okay to be single. Do not let social contruct bend or dictate your life direction. It will happen when it happens.

Do not get too desperate to fall into the hands of a prey like me. Trust me, when you end up getting stuck in a terrible relationship/marriage, then you would appreciate appreciate your years of being single.

Marriage is only sacred only to those who has never been married. Not to dumb down marriage but make you see reason why life is more of your happiness than meeting up with societal expectations.

This isn't just about what the society expects; it's the way humans are built. We are built for companionship; we aren't meant to live lone lives. Check many of those who are single when they are supposed to be married; they aren't really happy. They may lie on social media that they are happy, but that's just a pretense?

No human is complete alone; you need someone to make you complete.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Abcruz(m): 1:12am On Jan 29, 2020
Lionqueen:

Don't give in to societal pressure. Marriage is not the key to happiness in life neither is it the peak of all achievements.

Find Joy in the little things around you and choose to be happy always despite what others may say. Being single is a freedom some married folks secretly yearns to have.

3 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Raalsalghul: 1:29am On Jan 29, 2020
Lionqueen:

Don't be scared please. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Marriage is not by force. cry

2 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by cococandy(f): 4:55am On Jan 29, 2020
Now is the time to enjoy your life sis.

Also, happy people are attractive. If you’re looking to get married some day, the one thing you don’t want to do is be desperate and unhappy about your situation. That in itself is a turn off.

So put on your confidence and dancing shoes and celebrate each day that you’re still alive.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by CsRockefeller(m): 6:32am On Jan 29, 2020
You people saying she should be happy, live her life to the fullest bla bla bla.

What if having a man in her life would just be that one thing to trigger her joy?

I once stayed with an uncle who was so bitter and angry, always quarrelling with me on little issues. The day his GF now wife came to visit him for the first time, he was so happy, I couldn't believe it, my uncle was so happy for a long time you would have thought he hit the lottery.

They are still married for about 6 years and I can still see that happiness in him.

You think at 30 it's easy to stay alone? Be alone, especially emotionally?

My dear, I only hope you find a man who truly deserves you. God cannot be wrong, if he says it's not good for a "man" to be alone then it's not good.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by johnkey: 7:16am On Jan 29, 2020
toplinetrtrend:

This isn't just about what the society expects; it's the way humans are built. We are built for companionship; we aren't meant to live lone lives. Check many of those who are single when they are supposed to be married; they aren't really happy. They may lie on social media that they are happy, but that's just a pretense?

No human is complete alone; you need someone to make you complete.
Please speak for yourself sir, the only thing that can make me incomplete is lack of money. In Nigeria With money you can never I repeat never be lonely except you choose to. Visit codedruns.com for more info lol

1 Like

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nnemuka(f): 7:27am On Jan 29, 2020
Fear for the age 30 by so many of you will certainly lead you guys into depression.
In advanced countries, so many women build their careers in their 20s and settle down in their 30s but in Nigeria you guys keep praying for husband from 18 and by the time you get to your late 20s, you retire basically.

No more dreams, no jobs, no skills, nothing to fall back on just a man and young kids to cater for with little or no resources.

People get married in their 30s, and 40s, so the earlier you put that fear behind you the better.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by makydebbie(f): 7:34am On Jan 29, 2020
Chikaaaaaa:

shocked shocked
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Tallesty1(m): 7:38am On Jan 29, 2020
Chikaaaaaa:
*In my uncle's voice*

"What type of this is this"?

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Tallesty1(m): 7:39am On Jan 29, 2020
obioji:
Don't be scared. Enjoy your single status. At "your right'" time you will get married. Be careful not to get into the wrong relationship because of desperation. Love will find you.
Let's hope for her sake that her right time(assuming there's anything like that) has not come and gone.

2 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by toplinetrtrend: 7:42am On Jan 29, 2020
johnkey:
Please speak for yourself sir, the only thing that can make me incomplete is lack of money. In Nigeria With money you can never I repeat never be lonely except you choose to. Visit codedruns.com for more info lol

Lolz. No matter how rich you become, you will need other humans to complete you. Humans are created for companionship. Money isn't everything. You will not know this until you study the secret lives of the rich.

9 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by MrToothBrush: 8:00am On Jan 29, 2020
Lionqueen:
What state are you
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by proclinician: 8:01am On Jan 29, 2020
Marriage is not for everybody.

1 Like

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Tony142: 8:05am On Jan 29, 2020
psalmsmiles:

cheesy
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:11am On Jan 29, 2020
Everyone talking about societal pressure. That's not always the case.

For some of us, it's the timelines and standards we set for ourselves that do us in.

14 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Uyi168: 8:15am On Jan 29, 2020
psalmsmiles:
When will karma start paying back our leaders and our colonial masters??..
And how did you know she dumped a man 10 years ago

3 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by chibuike65: 8:18am On Jan 29, 2020
Dear ask your self what have you achieved been single if it worth it no regret, don't compare your self with anyone but 30 is not that too old so don't have to be that worry, free your mind love will find you dear don't rush it
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 29, 2020
Hmmm seriously, I've never seen an unmarried single lady in my family, even my younger sister will get married this year or next year and I'm still enjoying my singlehood. Lol

I wonder how a lady stay between 23 to 30 without finding a man to marry.

This is not about being desperate, it's about being positive in life with great character.

One thing i know is that guys appreciates a great lady with great character.

Our eyes are not blind, we know those Ladies that are good for sex only and those we pray to get married to.

The category you belong as a lady depends on how you have lived your life so far, it's nobody's fault.

Because like it or not, some guys you see as bad guys are only bad because they have not seen that lady that will make them start thinking of marriage.

I have a friend that loves womanizing, but he saw a lady and got married in less than three months.

He told me when he met her, he quickly start thinking of marriage because she was a Gem and would not want to lose her, and indeed she changed his life for good and today they are Happy with a baby boy.

It all depends on you as a woman.

I for example, there was a female In school years ago i would have gotten married to if i wasn't in school then and was financially buoyant, though i was young but for a young guy to start thinking of marriage back then shows there was something amazing about her.

And now she is married with two kids living in the UK and she is just 28.
So you see i was Right after all, another sharp shooter came and took her away from me. Lol

Chai this life nor fair at all.

So dear op, you need to think your life through, what you did wrong in the last five years and draw close to GOD.
Based on the order of the Peaky blinders.

6 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by chibuike65: 8:20am On Jan 29, 2020
PrimadonnaO:
Everyone talking about societal pressure. That's not always the case.

For some of us, it's the timelines and standards we set for ourselves that do us in.
you have a point honey,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Bedroom Country Home Design With Basement. / In-laws Attack! / Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.