Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,844 members, 7,806,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? (24334 Views)

How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? / How Many Times Did You Sit For Jamb? / Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by pretteemee(f): 9:13pm On Jan 29, 2020
I wrote waec once and passed but I wrote Jamb 6times. I never failed any of the six times, I had scores not less than 200 thrice and scored above 260 three times also but I never got admitted into my dream course. I got something close to that at the end but I still regret those years I wasted.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by beejay85: 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2020
4nigerianyouths:
State how many times and what you actually did differently that helped you to pass. (Cheating does not count)
Waec once n I passed
Neco (2nd set to write in 2001) once n I passed
Jamb twice but never got admission...scored 204 and 234....
Had to take up an employment in 2004 with my waec in a food company. .. starting basic was 34k then.....
Studied online while on d job
Current basic over 300k...
Though unhappy I didn't get direct admission but it haven't been a bad route after 20years��

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by aminusodiq(m): 9:21pm On Jan 29, 2020
Jamb -once, waec/neco/GCE - 6
I was looking for ome stupid mathematics.. angry grin

Btwn.. I did d six within 2 years... Waec nd nexo twice, GCE waec nd neck too... I made 3 complete olevel result grin grin grin grin grin missed out on maths on 3occasions
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Thazard(m): 9:26pm On Jan 29, 2020
Spontaneous007:
For three consecutive years I wrote waec and failed, neco failed, gce failed, nabteb failed...

I kan tire for life.
My dad told me my case wasnt normal that I should go for deliverance.
I went for deliverance, pastor told me that I should go and learn work. I learnt barbing but anytime I Barb customer hair my face use to swell up immediately due to the beating I'd receive after barbing the hair.

I stopped barbing and went to do normal hustle.
It was nothing to write home about. The betshop I worked was a dungeon for me. If I no short 5k today, I go break television or make me and customer fight. I was later sent off at the end of the month with 2500 after debt upon debt.

I was determined to go back to school so I registered for Waec again and jamb too.
Waec wrecked me, likewise did jamb jamb me.

After like two years Sha.. I thank God for life that i am now in unilag selling popcorn for students...
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 29, 2020
I only had to write SSCE once to pass.

JAMB? I never had a use for it because I studied in a country where it isn't a requirement.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:28pm On Jan 29, 2020
Spontaneous007:
For three consecutive years I wrote waec and failed, neco failed, gce failed, nabteb failed...

I kan tire for life.
I went for deliverance, pastor told me that I should go and learn work. I learnt barbing but anytime I Barb customer hair my face use to swell up immediately due to the beating I'd receive after barbing the hair.

It was nothing to write home about. The betshop I worked was a dungeon for me. If I no short 5k today, I go break television or make me and customer fight. I was later sent off at the end of the month with 2500 after debt upon debt.

I was determined to go back to school so I registered for Waec again and jamb too.

After like two years Sha.. I thank God for life that i am now in unilag selling popcorn for students...

I didn't see that end coming. cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by warripikin17(m): 9:29pm On Jan 29, 2020
WAEC once,JAMB once
I didn't even do NECO sef
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by worldclass68(m): 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2020
Waec x 3
Jamb x 5 ,
196(admitted)
259( admitted again, another course and different sch)
Done tho but yet..............
Still hoping for more honours especially in astronomical and planetary physics.
Infact, I won't ever stop.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2020
Wrote all of them once...

My kid sis is about sitting for WAEC and JAMB and they've told her she mustn't be the first person who would write an exam twice. That kid is under immense pressure. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by shaw2(m): 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
Depending on ur own definition of passing jamb.
Scoring above cut of mark and getting admission or scoring above cut of mark and admission denied?
They thought they can frustrate my ambition, scored 348 on my first sitting admission denied. Left naija got deserved course, pursued it came out smiling.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Fweshspice(m): 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2020
djoe21:

Not anymore right? lipsrsealed
Naija got me frustrated now.. Book matter no dey my brain like it used too
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Rikidony(m): 9:40pm On Jan 29, 2020
WAEC once since 2010, been waiting 10 years for Jamb cause of money, so I am finally picking it this year, Pol science on my mind, I pray I get it at my first try.
will be the sole sponsor, God help me.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by djoe21(m): 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2020
Fweshspice:
Naija got me frustrated now.. Book matter no dey my brain like it used too

Now you are wiser then. wink
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by berryace007: 9:50pm On Jan 29, 2020
Spontaneous007:

I kan tire for life.

Bro that your case strong gan. No even try say u wan go school again. school no be your way maybe na that popcorn way u dey sell na n u go use build house and buy car. Just saying tho.

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by optimistfeel(m): 9:56pm On Jan 29, 2020
waec once
jamb six times
I left secondary school 2008
I used to pass jamb but postutme is my problem cos I want to enter university only.
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Kingininge(m): 10:01pm On Jan 29, 2020
4nigerianyouths:
State how many times and what you actually did differently that helped you to pass. (Cheating does not count)

Both once
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by pearlydanisah: 10:09pm On Jan 29, 2020
Once once

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by adez33(m): 10:10pm On Jan 29, 2020
Spontaneous007:

I kan tire for life.

angry
Spontaneous007:

I kan tire for life.

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by damis28crown(f): 10:12pm On Jan 29, 2020
wowwww with what hv read so far wellll weac/neco once excellent i hv written jamb 4 times now no admission e don dey tire me especially when my mate come back from school and come to visit me in my house kaiiiiiii its frustrating seriously seriously
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Spontaneous007: 10:22pm On Jan 29, 2020
Lamanii22:

Wait? What? Is this true or are you trying to be funny?
As true as the beauty you posses

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 29, 2020
Waec =2 Times

Neco =1 Time

I was looking for English language

Jamb :

I registered for my first jamb in year 2015 but I was absent because of the fear of failing... (Also because I didn't really have a bearing in life yet and my mom just said that I shouldn't bother wasting the transportation fees)

Second jamb was in year 2016 and I scored 175(i was targeting 180 for the Nigeria police academy)

Third jamb was in year 2017, I read like something else especially since we had a very strong connection for the Nigeria police academy. They were all assuring me to just score at least 181.

My village people showed their self on the day of the exam, I used my legs to kick my socket and my desktop went off and had to rebooth twice for more than 30 minutes
I was left with 3 minutes and over 30 questions unanswered.

I just gambled and did ABBACCDAABDACD lol and submitted. I scored 195 at the end but my connections failed me at the end.

Fast forward to 2018 I had to restrategize on what I really wanted in life, I used a year to think and ended up doing nothing throughout the year

I sat for my 3rd jamb in year 2019, chose one of the best schools in Nigeria. I scored 219, even though I know I did not read a dime (I have read everything since 2017 lol)

Wrote my first post Utme and got my admission at my chosen university and I got my preferred course of study.

I thank God for my life, I actually did something on my own without using any form of connection or paying anybody to help me run anything.

I'll advise anyone reading this to read and pray and just commit everything in the hand of God.

He alone is able to change one's story and put one in the right direction

2 Likes

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by DonroxyII: 10:26pm On Jan 29, 2020
Bbbwings:

If rapture happen today,se you go enter heaven?
No lie o
Unless God just pity me ooo ....grin
I believe He go pity me sha .... my fvck up nor much like that just that I failed to call him unlike b4!!

3 Likes

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 29, 2020
Spontaneous007:

I kan tire for life.

I was touched by your story...

What I picked from your write up was that you did not give up no matter what life threw at you and just kept pushing.

I am not a pastor or a prophet but I pray for you, that all of this stories above will someday become a testimony

Thanks for sharing

It's well with you Sir...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by DonroxyII: 10:30pm On Jan 29, 2020
Jackossky:

Dele Ashade

Wherever that man is, God will bless him bountifully. Seems there is need for a thread to be created specially for him.

"A-one in English" is tha bomb; especially the 50 commandments
Na that Book made me pass aswear!! Na Mile 2 I buy am that year .

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Uwaila612(f): 10:31pm On Jan 29, 2020
Lol..
Spontaneous007:

I kan tire for life.

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
ekestic1976:
You don't write WAEC, the West African Examinations Council; You write WASCE, the West African School Certificate Examinations!

Yen Yen Yen

I hope you are now working in the Federal Ministry Of Education

1 Share

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by greygoblings(m): 10:42pm On Jan 29, 2020
Once

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Okemmuo(m): 10:42pm On Jan 29, 2020
All just once
Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 29, 2020
Salamson111:

No tutorial ... I read OMO !!

I also worshipped God that year like my life will end grin ... if I die that year na heaven, e sure grin ....

2006 Nigga grin

Same thing with me, I fasted and pray like something else.

I was still planning on fasting for 7 days the next day when I checked my jamb caps and saw that I have been offered admission.

I no fast the second day again, I now started postponing the fasting and prayers lol. I manage fast for 1 and the half day after 2 weeks lol

But I feel guilty knowing that I only run to God whenever I need his help

All because of Grace

And they say Grace expires... � � �

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Horlaarsco: 10:45pm On Jan 29, 2020
Once ooo. But I tried to change school 3 times e no work sha...

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? by Landnaira5: 10:46pm On Jan 29, 2020
Just once
4nigerianyouths:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ngige: ASUU Will Call Off Their Strike Soon / Kogi State University Admission 2013/2014 (official) / WAEC Releases SSCE 2020 Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.