Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Angry Protestants Attack The Royal Family In London Last Night - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Angry Protestants Attack The Royal Family In London Last Night (1316 Views)

Julius Agwu & Wife Meet British Royal Family, Usain Bolt, Angelina Jolie (Pics) / The Susan Peters And Royal Family Photo That Has Everyone Talking....check On It / Van Vicker Celebrates 10 Years Wedding Anniversary With Family In Dubai (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angry Protestants Attack The Royal Family In London Last Night by clemcykul(f): 10:28am On Dec 10, 2010
Rampaging protesters attacked a car containing the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall as the latest tuition fees demonstration descended into vandalism and violence. Skip related content

Charles and Camilla were visibly shaken but unharmed after their armoured limousine was set upon by an angry mob as the royal couple made their way to an engagement in central London.

The car was kicked, daubed in paint and a rear window shattered as trouble spread across the capital after MPs voted to almost triple tuition fees up to £9,000.

With questions about royal security being raised, Prime Minister David Cameron condemned the attack as "shocking and regrettable" and said the protesters would "face the full force of the law".

The Metropolitan Police was also facing questions about its operation after large parts of the capital became a battleground, forcing another huge clear-up operation.

Benches were set alight in Parliament Square, Winston Churchill's statue was vandalised, windows smashed at the Treasury and the Supreme Court and protesters rampaged up Oxford Street.

Students hurled missiles at lines of heavily armed police who responded by striking protesters with batons and charging them on horseback.

Police said 12 officers and 43 protesters were injured, while at least 34 arrests were made.

Charles and Camilla's car was attacked as it was driven down Regent Street. Up to 20 demonstrators set upon the vehicle with fists, boots and bottles, chanting "Off with their heads!" and "Tory scum".

The Met refused to be drawn when asked if an internal investigation would now be launched regarding the incident, but the attack is bound to raise questions regarding royal security.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/editor-s-picks/battle-royal-on-london-streets-1.1073693

Personally i dont feel sorry for dem, grin theyre rich, they got the best education, dey dont care about the poor student, shocked who are even struggling to pay the former tuition fees embarassed . ,   cool and now dis
Re: Angry Protestants Attack The Royal Family In London Last Night by finezlord: 11:01am On Dec 10, 2010
happy about that and pray the same should happen to Nigerian ruling thieves and their families.
Re: Angry Protestants Attack The Royal Family In London Last Night by DaCork: 11:10am On Dec 10, 2010
A IBO boy waz responsible angry
Re: Angry Protestants Attack The Royal Family In London Last Night by 190: 11:19am On Dec 10, 2010
so much for conservation government!!
Re: Angry Protestants Attack The Royal Family In London Last Night by nimma(f): 12:43pm On Dec 10, 2010
i like their guts. i pray Nigerians would be angry enough to react to all the injustice and embezzlement. Mr Cork!!!! ahahahahaha
Re: Angry Protestants Attack The Royal Family In London Last Night by clemcykul(f): 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2010
naija people no get the liver o
Re: Angry Protestants Attack The Royal Family In London Last Night by favouredjb(f): 7:52pm On Dec 11, 2010
Who wan die from accidental discharge,lol
Re: Angry Protestants Attack The Royal Family In London Last Night by emofine(f): 1:32am On Dec 12, 2010
Protestants or protestors

Whilst I don't agree with the higher tuition fees these criminal elements sabotaged the event.

Oh well in 2 years time I'll be done with my degree and hopefully move back home so high tuitons fee doesn't directly affect me anywayz tongue grin

(1) (Reply)

EXPOSED!!! I Would Have Been Killed If Not For My Granma - Denrele / Tb Joshua Delivers Our Nollywood Actress From Witchcraft Camilla Mberekpe / P-square And Chinedu Ikedieze @ Nigeria-south Africa Business Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.