Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,945 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:02 AM

How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady (21173 Views)

Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) / How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan / How Sokoloan Dragged Their Customer To Retrieve A 5k Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by MysteryFinder: 5:37pm On Jan 29, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 29, 2020
Put source.....

1 Like

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 29, 2020
That is definitely a bloody lie.The worst that would happen is that the loan would go into default as bad loan and her credit rating would be affected .

2 Likes

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by MysteryFinder: 5:49pm On Jan 29, 2020
Shibaraba:
Put source.....
Okay
Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by captainking(m): 5:49pm On Jan 29, 2020
How is a salary earner not able to handle pressure of 8k till month end beats my imagination
Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by MysteryFinder: 5:50pm On Jan 29, 2020
uruba23:
That is definitely a bloody lie.The worst that would happen is that the loan would go into default as bad loan and her credit rating would be affected .

Well, I don't know much about them as I don't do such things. Only those who do can say something. BTW u sound like one of their staff, are you one?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 29, 2020
MysteryFinder:

Well, I don't know much about them as I don't do such things. Only those who do can say something. BTW u sound like one of their staff, are you one?
Very funny
Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by psalmsmiles(m): 7:19pm On Jan 29, 2020
person kill herself because of 15k? Unbelievable!
Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by shagasha: 7:27pm On Jan 29, 2020
This story may not be true but sokoloan is an app to avoid. If u don't keep track of your money they will over withdraw what you are supposed to pay. They have very high interest rates with a short time repayment period

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by nabiz(m): 7:30pm On Jan 29, 2020
MysteryFinder:
This is currently happening in Ibadan, Agbowo Area. A dead woman was found with a note after committing suicide because of the #8000 loan she received from Sokoloan and could not pay back yet. In the note, the loan was to be due in two weeks with a very huge interest of #7000. So in total, she was supposed to pay #15,000 back in 14 days for a loan of #8000.
She begged the customer care of Sokoloan to give her till this month end, being a salary earner, as her loan was due since 15th of January, but they treated her badly and harassed her through the phone. Then 4 days later they started calling and messaging her contacts. They have called 49 of her contacts before she eventually took her life yesterday evening.

Please everyone, share this news and make sure this evil app is punished and removed from playstore. Share on your whatsapp status, Facebook platform, twitter account, etc.

LET'S GET RID OF EVIL LOAN APPS IN NIGERIA.

Copied from FACEBOOK
rubbish didn't she read the terms and conditions before taking the loan

1 Like

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Olayinka777(m): 8:10pm On Jan 29, 2020
uruba23:

Guy don't talk like that.
I have experienced that too with one of these online loan platforms.

3 Likes

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 29, 2020
Olayinka777:

Guy don't talk like that.
I have experienced that too with one of these online loan platforms.
I know they charge 15% but why kill yourself over that when people owing billions are walking free.

5 Likes

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Olayinka777(m): 8:53pm On Jan 29, 2020
uruba23:
I know they charge 15% but why kill yourself over that when people owing billions are waking free.

I understand your argument, but it's not everyone that can take embarrassment.
By the time they start sending messages to both your friends and enemies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2020
Olayinka777:

I understand your argument, but it's not everyone that can take embarrassment.
By the time they start sending messages to both your friends and enemies.
Anyway you are right sha .

2 Likes

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Omihanifa: 9:35pm On Jan 29, 2020
That sokoloan should be avoided at all cost undecided
Those guys are something else. Heard if you default by just 1 day they will start calling all your contacts saying you are a fraudster grin

They company even went as far as creating other apps with different names again to hoodwink Nigerians

How can you borrow 5k to pay back 12k in 10days angry CBN should do something fast about these fintechs

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Idowu3080(m): 11:50pm On Feb 27, 2020
To clear the air,

Sokoloan is evil. They'll drain you with their interest and any default even after giving notice won't work with them.

Fellow Nigerians, you can easily make money from this fools. Borrow, give them notice via email and default for some days then let them send their messages, pay back a day after and take the bastards to court and demand for 50m. It's that simple!

1 Like

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Nobody: 1:11am On Feb 28, 2020
Imagine loan of 10000 with interest of 200 and origination fee of 4600. Those people are. Crooks .

1 Like

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by NewLogicalMind: 9:37am On Mar 01, 2020
Omihanifa:
That sokoloan should be avoided at all cost undecided
Those guys are something else. Heard if you default by just 1 day they will start calling all your contacts saying you are a fraudster grin

They company even went as far as creating other apps with different names again to hoodwink Nigerians

How can you borrow 5k to pay back 12k in 10days angry CBN should do something fast about these fintechs

Nigerians are very dishonest people

When a Nigerian borrows money, at the point of taking the loan he already has an inherent intention not to repay the loan.

All these excuses about falling sick is usually bull.sht!
Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by uthlaw: 11:59pm On Mar 01, 2020
If you like call all my contacts who go beat me... yeye!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by rheether(f): 12:13am On Mar 02, 2020
When you are done calling my contacts nah when I get money I go pay as non of my contact will pay for me..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by asmo22(m): 11:49pm On Mar 03, 2020
Sokoloan should be avoided by all means! They have stupid and idiot sales agents who are low in morals and respect. CBN should ban this app because it's a trap. Let's all rise up against this evil app that let play store ban it.

6 Likes

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by NewLogicalMind: 10:16am On Apr 30, 2020
asmo22:
Sokoloan should be avoided by all means! They have stupid and idiot sales agents who are low in morals and respect. CBN should ban this app because it's a trap. Let's all rise up against this evil app that let play store ban it.

Asipa you have no locus standi to criticise another person for lack of morals because you are a very dishonest fellow!
Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by NewLogicalMind: 5:56am On Jun 20, 2020
asmo22:

It is because of dishonest people like you that Sokoloan and other finetechs adopt crude means to recover their loans.

You have no moral standing to criticise them because you are a very dishonest person and completely lacking in integrity!

Consider this your final reminder!
Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by neutralmind: 9:15am On Jun 20, 2020
Please everyone, share this news and make sure this evil app is punished and removed from playstore. Share on your whatsapp status, Facebook platform, twitter account, etc.

Stop this mentality.

What has the company done wrong?

Calling contacts is standard practice in debt collection.

1 Like

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Gee64: 10:39am On Jun 20, 2020
Is that the reason why you must charge high interest rate on loan?
There is God oh!
NewLogicalMind:

Nigerians are very dishonest people

When a Nigerian borrows money, at the point of taking the loan he already has an inherent intention not to repay the loan.

All these excuses about falling sick is usually bull.sht!

2 Likes

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by NewLogicalMind: 9:11pm On Jun 20, 2020
Gee64:
Is that the reason why you must charge high interest rate on loan?
There is God oh!

Our loans are given under the "Willing buyer, willing seller principle" principle therefore those who take out the loans do so without ant compulsion.

Having said that, the market is still very large therefore you are free to start you own company where you can give out loans at 0.5% interest rate!
Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Stkingsley(m): 10:47pm On Jun 20, 2020
how will the dead woman now pay?

neutralmind:

Stop this mentality.

What has the company done wrong?

Calling contacts is standard practice in debt collection.

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Donicobone(m): 11:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
uruba23:

why are u saying that is a lie! it happened to me this very January, before the lockdown because of 5,000 I borrowed from 9jacash i borrowed #5,000 to pay #8,000 it was a 14 days loan and I couldn't pay it before the due time they now started calling me almost day after the first week I called them and pleaded that my goods had not arrived they should please be patient with me after all they are still charging me daily for overdue after 7 days they started sending messages to all my contacts telling them that am a fraud.

some of my friends that lawyers told me to sue them that is not fair to send such messages to my friends and family because of #5,000

I called them and ask them to send apology message to my contact before I pay them the money.

they refused and ask me to pay the money first I almost run mad I was receiving calls from different people some time I will receive like 5 calls per day because of the message they received some of them even forward the message to me.

please hear me this phone application loan is very bad ooo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Hedonisco: 11:33pm On Jun 20, 2020
Willing seller, willing buyer certainly applies here. From the get go you know that these guys are ruthless shylocks... Their outrageous interest rates, repayment terms, default penalties, and recovery tactics are not hidden in fine print. They're well known (or easily knowable upon inquiry) to potential borrowers....

But no. Because you need money by all means you nogo hear word. The usual desperation and money-weakness of Nigerians wouldn't let them avoid the miserable morsel of bread in the lion's yawning mouth. Dem go greedily chook hand inside lion mouth to comot shikini crumbs wey dey there, only to later shout when baba crush their mumu hand. Una dey mad.

3 Likes

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by optimus106(m): 5:08am On Jun 23, 2020
NewLogicalMind:

Our loans are given under the "Willing buyer, willing seller principle" principle therefore those who take out the loans do so without ant compulsion.

Having said that, the market is still very large therefore you are free to start you own company where you can give out loans at 0.5% interest rate!

If you like call all my contacts I don't care, they won't pay you and I can't steal to pay you too.
My contacts won't do shi.ttt to me!!!

Na wen I get money I go PAY
with the default fee.

Nigeria sef they owe and the
entire WORLD KNOWS

You give 5000 naira and collect
8000 naira in 14days time

Una dey use 9ja people cash out

This is outrageous!!!

When people don't meet up
you start threatening them.
Nobody is saying anything good
about SOKOLOAN but you'll hear
BRANCH,FAIR MONEY,CARBON,etc
been portrayed or depicted as 'good
service providers'

The customer is KING!!!

Sheybe you sabi put interest...?

SEE AS E GO BE...

You call to tell me trash?
I go hang up,
Disturb me with your RUDE calls?
I switch to my next line and
turn the other OFF.

If you like send messages to
Buhari I no dey shake,. grin grin grin
I can't kill myself for your chicken
change.

#sayNOtoSOKOLOAN
#sayNOto9JAcash
#sayNOtoGETcash
#sayNOtoSOKOLENDINGCOMPANY

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by optimus106(m): 5:10am On Jun 23, 2020
[s]
Hedonisco:
Willing seller, willing buyer certainly applies here. From the get go you know that these guys are ruthless shylocks... Their outrageous interest rates, repayment terms, default penalties, and recovery tactics are not hidden in fine print. They're well known (or easily knowable upon inquiry) to potential borrowers....

But no. Because you need money by all means you nogo hear word. The usual desperation and money-weakness of Nigerians wouldn't let them avoid the miserable morsel of bread in the lion's yawning mouth. Dem go greedily chook hand inside lion mouth to comot shikini crumbs wey dey there, only to later shout when baba crush their mumu hand. Una dey mad.
[/s]

See their agents defending them.

4 Likes

Re: How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 23, 2020
This story is true, actually d woman sells nylon at gbagi market, that womans blood is definitely on Sokolan's hand

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

NDIC Raises Alarm On Impending Loom In The Banking Sector!!! / Between Opay And Kuda Mobile Which Is Better And Trustworthy / FIRS Seals Ifeanyi Ubah’s Capital Oil Company In Efforts To Curb Tax Evasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.