Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days (21305 Views)

Coronavirus: Marcelo Rebelo, Portuguese President To Be Quarantined For 2 Weeks / Coronavirus: Larfage Cement Factory Quarantined As Ogun Begins Contact Tracing / Coronavirus: China Delivers Food To Quarantined People Through A Robot (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:10am On Jan 30, 2020
prettyliz:
Abayomi said that the collaboration was to ensure that the Chinese nationals who had travelled to China for the New Year festival remained there in order to avoid the spread of the virus to Nigeria...not sure which news I correct again...these is vanguard.

adding that the Chinese government has also instructed that their citizens who choose to return to Nigeria should be self-quarantined for 10 to 14days.

I doubt you read this in the article.
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 30, 2020
mansakhalifa:
They should make it at least 50 days for passengers that have been to Wuhan.

To be doubly sure. Especially if they are Chinese smiley
. People can fear for this country!!! May ALMIGHTY God save us from corona virus and all other viruses.
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:12am On Jan 30, 2020
OnyesomJ:
Which Kind Wahala Be this na
Self Quarantine for 10-15
In Their House,Hotel...
You can’t Restrict Them for the Safety of Your people.
Nigeria Govt sef, They should be Quarantined in The Hospital not Their Resident or Residing Area...

Are you minding the mad people. When reports already stated that those without symptoms can spread the virus.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by OnyesomJ(m): 8:23am On Jan 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Are you minding the mad people. When reports already stated that those without symptoms can spread the virus.
I tire for This Govt
I wonder if na illiterates Dey Rule us grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by Goddys(m): 8:46am On Jan 30, 2020
This health minister is very stup*d and ignorant.

The US government evacuated their officials and citizens from Wuhan and placed them on mandatory quarantine for 14 days.

And the stup*d minister is talking of self quarantine which is voluntary for Chinese.

May God cause the minister and his family to be the first beneficiary of the virus if they allow this.

If US government can place their citizens and officials on mandatory quarantine for 14 days, why can't we do same for Chinese who are foreigners

No single commonsense or patriotism in any of these leaders we have here.

This is not Ebola. Coronavirus is transmitted by air. Thousands can be infected in a short period. The fatal rate will be x10000 of ebola

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by Juliearth(f): 8:49am On Jan 30, 2020
Good move!
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 30, 2020
Why such a large number of people for an emergency task force meeting, we turn everything into a ceremony.
Only in nigeria, am going for meeting, hence bring, me wife, bring my housegirl, my driver, so that i will look like the oga. half of that crowd look confused and intimidated, some are looking elsewhere, aloof, in different directions. then some are wearing suit looking excessively dignified. i think the reason they came there will be forgoten, when you cant have a meaninful in depth discussion.
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by don4real18(m): 9:16am On Jan 30, 2020
Sunofgod:
Story....lets just hope it doesn't affect black people.
No, we should prepare for any eventualities instead of sitting and hoping on good fortune.
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by Rocktation(f): 9:35am On Jan 30, 2020
Nigerian government can mumu ehnnnn...
You're trusting people to self-quarantine in their houses because they are Jesus Christs and care about Nigerians abi? Will they even be teleporting from the airport to their hotel rooms and houses? Patrick Sawyer did not teach you people anything. Dundees..

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by Octopusssy(f): 9:36am On Jan 30, 2020
Self quarantine?? Is the LASG frickin' kidding me? shocked

Ha Jesus, our enemies are doomed cry

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by pacespot(m): 9:36am On Jan 30, 2020
Coronavirus is a white disease and creation, let it remain so. Ban all Chinese from coming to the country temporarily or quarantine the incoming travellers for 3weeks, I learn coronavirus incubation period is 2 weeks, that would be enough to detect the infected ones.
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by sacx: 9:52am On Jan 30, 2020
Are these people not mad like this? We have a global epidemic at hand and you are telling me you can't restrict people. Instead you recommended they quarantine themselves in their hotels, hostels and accommodations. Who bewitched us in this country? angry

I'm presently watching an interview recap of Nigerian's information minister, Lai Mohammed with a DW correspondent. His reply to most of the questions posed at him is, 'I am not aware'. Buhari's people and incompetence!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by Ikology(m): 9:54am On Jan 30, 2020
EmekaMD:
The comments I've read about are very disappointing. This proposal should be applauded by all meaning Nigerians.
Coronavirus has no non cure at the moment so the best any government can do now is try to prevent the spread.
Isolation for upto 14 days is ideal as the incubation period is about that number of days too
What isolation! When they are proposing self quarantine at their houses? Who will monitor them to ensure they don't go out? America evacuated it's citizens and quarantined them somewhere within the airport, but ours is talking about staying indoors and not going out.
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by OleakUpdate: 10:00am On Jan 30, 2020
Coronavirus Zombie Outbreak as more life's in danger | Wuhan pneumonia outbreak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAv9kQ29QjY

“Don't be complacent. We must treat it extremely seriously.”
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by pacespot(m): 10:02am On Jan 30, 2020
If it was the other way round, the Chinese would have treated Nigerians like the coronavirus itself. This virus is novel, meaning there are not many medical researches about it yet, and it spreads like wildfire, we don't have the required facilities to handle any outbreak in Nigeria currently, it is good we go by the old saying that "prevention is better than cure".

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by dheaven: 10:05am On Jan 30, 2020
What of the plane they enter, wont they come in contact with people?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by pacespot(m): 10:10am On Jan 30, 2020
Goddys:
This health minister is very stup*d and ignorant.

The US government evacuated their officials and citizens from Wuhan and placed them on mandatory quarantine for 14 days.

And the stup*d minister is talking of self quarantine which is voluntary for Chinese.

May God cause the minister and his family to be the first beneficiary of the virus if they allow this.

If US government can place their citizens and officials on mandatory quarantine for 14 days, why can't we do same for Chinese who are foreigners

No single commonsense or patriotism in any of these leaders we have here.

This is not Ebola. Coronavirus is transmitted by air. Thousands can be infected in a short period. The fatal rate will be x10000 of ebola

So you mean the virus is air borne? I haven't heard about this. I have to like and share your comment to spread the message. If this is the case, all Chinese should be banned from coming to Nigeria presently or incoming travellers should be quarantined in China for up to 15 days before allowing to travel.

This is air borne virus we are talking about cry
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by RaptorX: 10:11am On Jan 30, 2020
Just ban them from returning to Nigeria, that is what they will do to you if the virus originated from Africa. The virus is more widespread and devastating than the Chinese government is admitting, the 2011 movie Contagion predicted this outbreak. This is what happen when your greedy leaders have sold you to the Chinese by collecting loans they can never repay.
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by Dominatrix(f): 10:30am On Jan 30, 2020
ReubenE:
Self Quarantine?
These guys are not serious. It is better they self Quarantine themselves in China than do that here in Nigeria.

Countries are evacuating their citizens from China, they are here talking about not restricting travel

Nigeria always gets it wrong. Which one is self-quarantine?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by Dominatrix(f): 10:31am On Jan 30, 2020
Maybe corona virus is the next agenda.
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by Bimpe29: 10:52am On Jan 30, 2020
I am appealing to the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to as a matter of urgency and responsibility, prevent entry of immigrants from China and other countries with an incidence of Coronavirus.
It must swiftly be on high alert and prepared for prevention and control of this deadly disease. All points of entry must be wholly manned and quarantine facilities be provided in case of any eventuality.
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by piagetskinner(m): 12:04pm On Jan 30, 2020
How do you keep track of self quarantine??

Nigeria is a joke

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by squarelead(m): 12:40pm On Jan 30, 2020
In life there are indeed thousand ways to die. Imagine if not virus, accident or crash etc. May we live long.
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 30, 2020
Origin:
Let us never forget the ebola episode and how we survived only through Dr Mrs Adadevoh's sacrifice.

Self quarantine is not enforceable.

And yes you can restrict people if it means the safety of your populace.
Do you mind them ogas at the top? Self quarantine my fair as.s. If not for angels like Dr Adadevoh. Even at that, how far have Nigeria thrived in preventing the spread of lassa fever from one state to another?
If that shi.t (coronavirus) enters this country then we're fu.cked.
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by fvnky: 1:35pm On Jan 30, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by Hyperchi(m): 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2020
BreconHills:

As they did in the SARS and Ebola crisis right?

Cynicism masquerades as wisdom but it has no facts. It is a naked man shouting from a rooftop. Dont be that man.

clap for urself, we have seen one of the mad men chosen healed. �� grin
BreconHills:

As they did in the SARS and Ebola crisis right?

Cynicism masquerades as wisdom but it has no facts. It is a naked man shouting from a rooftop. Dont be that man.

clap for urself, we have seen one of the mad men chosen healed. ��
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by Mryacks: 3:02pm On Jan 30, 2020
Good one ...
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by Thazard(m): 3:33pm On Jan 30, 2020
Sunofgod:
Story....lets just hope it doesn't affect black people.
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 30, 2020
if I hear xay Nigerians self quarantine their selves.. 9ja people wey no like to die alone ..
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by Amhappy(f): 3:41pm On Jan 30, 2020
I saw this on AIT yesterday. As in you trust people to self quarantine. Who does that
Re: Coronavirus: Travellers From China To Lagos To Be Quarantined For 10-15 Days by boolet: 7:43pm On Jan 30, 2020
mascot87:

What's good? If you don't have anything reasonable to say must you comment? Gerrarahere
Werey, na me be d cause of your frustration?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna: Oxygen Wasn’t Removed From Our Baby - Parents / COVID-19: TVC Does Documentary On Patients Being Treated At IDH, Yaba, Lagos / United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.