Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,717 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Is It Safe To Eat This Meat? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is It Safe To Eat This Meat? (1033 Views)

Roasted Baboon: Is It Advisable To Eat This Kind Of Animal? / I Catch This Meat This Morning (pic) / Black Spaghetti. This Is What It Looks Like. Can You Eat This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Safe To Eat This Meat? by Pro2makx(m): 7:53am On Jan 30, 2020
Hi everyone.
So I had something to do in my state and I decided to stay at my mum's. In her usual manner, whenever myself or any of my siblings come home, she would rush to the market to buy lots of thing to prepare some soup and special delicacies. So just like that she had gone to the market before my arrival on Tuesday. Amongst other thiings she bought was this bush meat, already roasted and held with stick. The size of the yet to be butcher or cooked meat caught my attention. On closer inspection I saw it looked like a cat. So I asked if she bought a domestic cat, she said the seller at the market told her it was a wild cat. Ol boy, like seriously? Cat? That crippy, sneaky thing? I became apprehensive, I told mum I dont trust thoes guys that sell at the market, this could be a everyday cat. so I rushed online to ask Google to see if i'll get possible differences with which I could distinguish between domestic or wild cat, Google was just talking big and scientific English. So my people, is it safe to eat CAT meat? or is CAT MEAT edible?

Re: Is It Safe To Eat This Meat? by setobaba: 7:53am On Jan 30, 2020
Pro2makx:
Hi everyone.
So I had something to do in my state and I decided to stay at my mum's. In her usual manner, whenever myself or any of my siblings come home, she would rush to the market to buy lots of thing to prepare some soup and special delicacies. So just like that she had gone to the market before my arrival on Tuesday. Amongst other thiings she bought was this bush meat, already roasted and held with stick. The size of the yet to be butcher or cooked meat caught my attention. On closer inspection I saw it looked like a cat. So I asked if she bought a domestic cat, she said the seller at the market told her it was a wild cat. Ol boy, like seriously? Cat? That crippy, sneaky thing? I became apprehensive, I told mum I dont trust thoes guys that sell at the market, this could be a everyday cat. so I rushed online to ask Google to see if i'll get possible differences with which I could distinguish between domestic or wild cat, Google was just talking big and scientific English. So my people, is it safe to eat CAT meat? or is CAT MEAT edible?

Why not? Very good source of protein

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Eat This Meat? by Pro2makx(m): 8:01am On Jan 30, 2020
setobaba:

Why not? Very good source of protein
Have you eaten it before? How does it taste? Cos me I have been thinking of ways I can Dodge eating it. But from the look of things, they might be using it to cook today
Re: Is It Safe To Eat This Meat? by tpiar: 11:07pm On Jan 30, 2020
What is the native name? Also, was this in Nigeria?

The bible says pray over every food (are you a Christian?) but if it scares you, then don't eat it.

(1) (Reply)

Meatless Jollof Rice By A Broke Nigger / Plantain Flour For Sale / Special Brown Rice Now Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.