Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone (1569 Views)

Easily Remove FRP On New Phone With Secure Boot / LIVE UPDATE: Itel Mobile 10 Years Anniversary And New Phone Launch / See How Long You Should Charge Your New Phone For The First Time Before Using (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone by just2endowed: 10:26am On Jan 30, 2020
Hi,

My friend lost a brown phone: redmi note 7 with its pack that was sent from porthacort to enugu.

The only evidence he had now is the receipt containing the imei of the phone he bought as he didn't send it together with the lost phone.

Now he is in Lagos , can he track the phone by using police to catch the thief?

Can someone recommend a police officer that can help?
Re: Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone by just2endowed: 8:25pm On Jan 30, 2020
Ok
Re: Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone by just2endowed: 7:58pm On Feb 02, 2020
Which way out
Re: Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone by just2endowed: 8:34am On Feb 23, 2020
What can work
Re: Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone by Donkelzy(m): 12:48pm On Feb 23, 2020
Go to any SARS office with the carton and receipt of the phone but they will bill you sha
Re: Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone by obimedia1(m): 5:18pm On Feb 23, 2020
HI GUYZ AM CURRENTLY MAKING SOME BIG MONEY ON THIS SITE... ATLEAST YOU COULD ;PAY BILLS WITH IT AND DO SOME OTHER SMALL STUFFS. ALL U NEED DO IS CLICK AND SHARE THIS LINK https://www.ysense.com/?rb=71024104
Re: Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone by Zammy123(m): 5:25pm On Feb 23, 2020
just2endowed:
Hi,

My friend lost a brown phone: redmi note 7 with its pack that was sent from porthacort to enugu.

The only evidence he had now is the receipt containing the imei of the phone he bought as he didn't send it together with the lost phone.

dont ever try to track it.. it's a waste of time and money
I will advice u to get a new phone with the money u re about to spend in searching for it

I've been on this road before and I know wassup

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone by just2endowed: 5:20am On Feb 27, 2020
Zammy123:

dont ever try to track it.. it's a waste of time and money
I will advice u to get a new phone with the money u re about to spend in searching for it

I've been on this road before and I know wassup

Share your experience pls. The phone in question is valued at, 70k
Re: Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone by Zammy123(m): 5:53am On Feb 27, 2020
just2endowed:

Share your experience pls. The phone in question is valued at, 70k

sometimes ago, I was trying to get a cab to my house but on that very day I was carrying a sealed standing fan( you know how bulky an unscrewed fan is). in the process, my phone was stolen but before I knew it, I was already in the cab. we have gone far at all wen I shouted "Bleep! I can't find my phone"�

that night I couldn't sleep all night because I just got the phone and was busy staring at the box all thru the night

that was wen d police came in, someone told me they can track down the culprit if I still had the phone box, I paid a whole freaking 35k to the police officer but till today he doesn't even give me update again or pick my call
the only regret I had that time was that an infinix phone just came out that was around 35 - 36k too
the phone i lost was an infinix note 4( the scarce 3gb ram version)

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone by just2endowed: 6:12am On Feb 27, 2020
Zammy123:

sometimes ago, I was trying to get a cab to my house but on that very day I was carrying a sealed standing fan( you know how bulky an unscrewed fan is). in the process, my phone was stolen but before I knew it, I was already in the cab. we have gone far at all wen I shouted "Bleep! I can't find my phone"�

that night I couldn't sleep all night because I just got the phone and was busy staring at the box all thru the night

that was wen d police came in, someone told me they can track down the culprit if I still had the phone box, I paid a whole freaking 35k to the police officer but till today he doesn't even give me update again or pick my call
the only regret I had that time was that an infinix phone just came out that was around 35 - 36k too
the phone i lost was an infinix note 4( the scarce 3gb ram version)

That's the fear. It must be a long time.

I have a cousin in police but he is very unwilling to help. I have begged him and even ask him to connect me with an officer can be trusted even though he doesn't want to help but he keeps posting me and now it's been 3 months.
Re: Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone by Zammy123(m): 10:37am On Feb 27, 2020
just2endowed:

That's the fear. It must be a long time.

I have a cousin in police but he is very unwilling to help. I have begged him and even ask him to connect me with an officer can be trusted even though he doesn't want to help but he keeps posting me and now it's been 3 months.

brother, it's very obvious that he doesn't wanna help, he would have his reasons btw
just try and get a new phone and move on bro
Re: Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone by TechCapon(m): 11:42am On Feb 27, 2020
I've seen Sars track a stolen phone down to garrison junction in Port Harcourt. The thief saw the Sars climbing the stairs and jumped down from one storey. Luckily, some Sars officials on plain clothes caught him on the ground. The key is to get a trusted officer. They have the technology
Re: Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone by Zammy123(m): 7:40am On Feb 28, 2020
TechCapon:
I've seen Sars track a stolen phone down to garrison junction in Port Harcourt. The thief saw the Sars climbing the stairs and jumped down from one storey. Luckily, some Sars officials on plain clothes caught him on the ground. The key is to get a trusted officer. They have the technology

yes they do. but once the thief change the imei number
. forget it
Re: Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone by just2endowed: 7:50pm On Mar 15, 2020
Zammy123:

yes they do. but once the thief change the imei number
. forget it

IMEI of some chipset cannot be change
Re: Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone by Zammy123(m): 8:12pm On Mar 15, 2020
just2endowed:

IMEI of some chipset cannot be change
like?
Re: Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone by just2endowed: 10:56pm On Mar 15, 2020
Zammy123:

like?

Kirin chipset , exynos chipset, snapdragon,
Re: Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone by Ejadike(m): 11:12pm On Mar 15, 2020
just2endowed:
Hi,

let him visit the police. They are his best friend this time o

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. Lost Brand New Phone by Zammy123(m): 1:57am On Mar 16, 2020
just2endowed:

Kirin chipset , exynos chipset, snapdragon,
ok, learnt something new then

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Phone Not More Than #60,000 / DSTV Multichoice Plans To Beat Netflix Out Of Streaming Market / Clean Redmi Note 8 Pro — 128gb Rom, 6gb Ram @75K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.