Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,577 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

How Can I Get Back My 2 Months Salary? Need You Advise. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can I Get Back My 2 Months Salary? Need You Advise. (958 Views)

How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? / How Much Is Your Salary? How Many Months Salary Would Make Up Ur House Rent? / See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get Back My 2 Months Salary? Need You Advise. by fnep2smooth(m): 9:23pm On Jan 30, 2020
Good day everyone please take your time to read this.......... i got a job through a friend of mine, he recommended me for a web designer role for a start up company in Abuja. i went there and i meet the MD who runs the company. He told me about the project at hand and we agreed on 50k per month on 23rd September 2019.

I agreed because no much freelance job at that time but along the line i notices some strange character from him, he doesn't want me to have his personal line only the office line, to subscribe for data to create the project he employ me to do is another thing. sometime 500 naira data which wont last up to 2 days and when i complain of data he starts talking as if he is paying too much when we really need unlimited data plan to build, and maintain the kind of site he needs.

Within 1 month i was able to complete 2 site for the company, one is a general site while the second is a script he brought and i modernize it all and was adding other features just to make sure the company grows cos he was complaining on how he has being meeting the wrong people.

At the end of the month he called me into his office and told me that he wont be able to pay me this month end until 15 of November 2019 that its the way they operate here. I was not happy with it because he should have told me during the interview but waiting till the ending of the month.

He notice my expression then he paid me two days later 40k instead of 50k as agreed, his excuse was that he told me that he will need to check me for one month before he start paying me 50k i collected the money but was also watching.

During the first one month i worked there, there was a time he arrested his former web designer that he didn't complete his site, during that time the guy contacted me (i dont know how he got my number) and was warning me of the guy, that i should be careful. That same guy who recommenced me for the job came to see me at the office because he was working close to the area as a graphic designer for a church. He called me that i should use my head here that he knows people like this guy that they are ready to use people.

During the end of November he paid me 30k that he will complete it when i come back from weekend..... since then till December 23 he didn't pay only to call all his staffs (2 boys and 2 girls) that we should drop our account number that he will transfer our salaries to us.

Throughout the xmas period we didn't see anything................. only to give us notice that we need to resume by 6th of January by then i have gone for xmas with my people. With my calls and pressure he transfer 10k to me on 24th December and told me no to tell others which i did since all of us as being suspecting him.

before the end of December i told him that i wont be coming back due to accommodation issue but he said if i didn't resume on an 6 that i will be sack. i have nothing to do so i send him my resignation letter only for him to shun me around 2 week of January that i should not call him again.

this is a man i have create 3 site for his company during my 3months there with countless sleepless night cos most times i take my work home cos i need to keep my job that moment and he also gave me employment letter with 50k as my salary.

now he has block me on whatsapp after asking me to send him all the site account passwords and threatened to deal with me if i call or text him.

please he his till owning me 60k.
Re: How Can I Get Back My 2 Months Salary? Need You Advise. by donstan18: 9:45pm On Jan 30, 2020
I rather own an investment of 200k, than getting 100k every month from a boss.
Re: How Can I Get Back My 2 Months Salary? Need You Advise. by daewoorazer(m): 9:53pm On Jan 30, 2020

And did you in your generosity release the site password? If yes, you have shot yourself in the leg...if not, change it’s user name and password to something like this

Username: AtsYNjJ@€TYKgju
Password: Tybj@%fUcKuB0$$
Re: How Can I Get Back My 2 Months Salary? Need You Advise. by yanabasee(m): 10:00pm On Jan 30, 2020
I've personally let go of much more monies that I could count... In life, you mustn't always win. Sometimes, you just have to learn to let go.

If paying salaries while working for him was that difficult, paying off his debt will most likely be a rocket science to him.
Re: How Can I Get Back My 2 Months Salary? Need You Advise. by Larryfest(m): 10:04pm On Jan 30, 2020
There's nothing as sweet as being self employed and doing your own things the way you like as all this ogas and oga madams are very wicked... Dude just move on you can't win the man neither can you get your money from him too.
Re: How Can I Get Back My 2 Months Salary? Need You Advise. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 31, 2020
Don't release the password. He can't do nothing
Re: How Can I Get Back My 2 Months Salary? Need You Advise. by Yamleg: 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2020
donstan18:
I rather own an investment of 200k, than getting 100k every month from a boss.

Don't mislead people. Before owning your own business, you must have worked for some people to get your capital.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Back My 2 Months Salary? Need You Advise. by Goodgod213: 11:28pm On Jan 31, 2020
Don’t release the password if you do you aren’t seeing a dime. That alone is a collateral
Re: How Can I Get Back My 2 Months Salary? Need You Advise. by mukulu56(m): 5:19pm On Mar 30, 2020
Your story is quite interesting. I would love to employ you for a freelance job if you are abuja based.
my whatsapp on bio
Re: How Can I Get Back My 2 Months Salary? Need You Advise. by 004gist: 5:59pm On Aug 11, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Pls Guys Between Medicine Or Pharmacy, Which One Should I Go For / 3d Animation Training For Beginners / How To More Make Money While Still Working Full-time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.