|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,675,608 members, 6,294,387 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 May 2021 at 09:45 AM
Female One-Chance Robber Caught On Benin-Auchi Road Along With Her Gang Members / Lady Attacked & Robbed By One Chance Robbers In Abuja, Policeman Collects Bribe / Woman Thrown Out Of Moving One-Chance Bus, Went Into Coma [Photos] (2) (3) (4)
|Limiting Loss Due To One-chance by cevek11: 10:29pm On Jan 30, 2020|
So in a discussion with friends, someone told of how a colleague of his was robbed by these ONE-CHANCE bus drivers and beaten till he gave up his details.
This got us thinking, of what one can do to limit the loss should one become a victim, and some of the suggestions are as follows
1) Keep your saving in a separate account from your active account. No Debit/Credit card access. And if possible, no internet banking.
2) from '1' above, if you have built some sayings invest it, where it will be safe and without instant access. This ensures you only have little cash to give. This will help you cooperate better, hence receive less beating
3) Someone said if you get the opportunity, damage your card or phone. This has to be coded, and unnoticed, once you see that you are in danger. You may also lock your accounts with wrong PIN attempts, if there is no secret code to do so.
4) Do not move around with your card when unnecessary. Some bank do cardless transactions, so in emergencies you can us that
5) All banking apps on your phone should be placed in a secure folder, and if possible, hide the folder.
These are some tips, please share if you have more
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18