Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,417 members, 7,800,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy (76361 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Was Not Denied Visa By US - Winners Chapel / US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Mazigabriel(m): 6:41am On Jan 31, 2020
A mild drama, Thursday, played out at the Lagos office of the Embassy of the United States as the founder of Faith Tabernacle in Ota, Ogun State and Living Faith Church Worldwide, otherwise known as Winners’ Chapel International, Bishop David Oyedepo was denied visa.

But an ace comedian, Abovi Ugboma, popularly known as Bovi was lucky with the embassy as he was issued the visa.

However, his wife, Kris Asimonye, was not as lucky as she was denied the travelling document.

THISDAHY gathered that the embassy did not give any other reason except the standard default explanation that the Bishop did not qualify for visa renewal in its assessment and urged him to try again.

Heaven was, however, let loose, when the obviously flustered preacher and businessman, created scene whilst querying the grounds for his refusal.

Insider said he told the embassy he had been traveling to the states as far back as 1980s and had not violated any rules or committed any crime to have warranted being denied a renewal of his visa.

According to the source, he immediately sent for his bodyguards to get his phones so he could make some calls, but the embassy allegedly told him he could not make calls within the precincts of the visa-issuing section of the embassy.

When THISDAY contacted the embassy for clarifications on why the popular Bishop was denied visa, a staff of the embassy in the media department, requested that an email be sent with the questions and promised to respond as soon as possible.

Curiously, the embassy, believed to be swift to responding to mails, neither acknowledged nor responded to the email sent since 5.05p.m. yesterday till the newspaper went to bed.

Embassy sources however hinted of the possibility that the popular preacher might have made some calls to individuals that would intervene on his behalf and the visa eventually issued.

In the mail sent by THISDAY, three questions were asked: “One, we understand that there was serious drama earlier today, when Bishop David Oyedepo was denied the US visa. However, because we could verify our facts from other applicants at the embassy today, our question, therefore, is on what grounds was a Bishop Oyedepo, known across the globe, denied a visa?

“Our sources in-house had also hinted that given his connection, the CG might likely be contacted and his visa might be issued eventually through a referral. If that’s true, why deny him in the first place?

“We also learnt that the trend of denying prominent Nigerians visa is rampant now, including the Abuja embassy. Is it part of plans to clampdown on Nigerians of a certain category and social status and on what basis?”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/01/31/drama-as-us-embassy-denies-bishop-oyedepo-visa/amp/

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by HacheNoire: 6:44am On Jan 31, 2020
Blood of Wizkid shocked shocked shocked

May be they are scared he might open the gate of hell when he gets to the US.

142 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by espn(m): 6:49am On Jan 31, 2020
Dey will give him behind d scene...

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by HacheNoire: 6:52am On Jan 31, 2020
espn:
Dey will give him behind d scene...

Which one is behind the scene again.

Someone was denied visa, you said they will give him behind the scene. Which one is behind the scene again.

A yaff confuse.

213 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Midas01: 7:00am On Jan 31, 2020
America does not care who you are. They deny top government officials from various countries so this is not news. They feel like they're doing you a favour giving you their visa especially if you're from a shithole country.

363 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by MrPresident1: 7:01am On Jan 31, 2020
Now very difficult to enter heaven

110 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by HacheNoire: 7:03am On Jan 31, 2020
MrPresident1:
Now very difficult to enter heaven

grin grin grin

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by madridguy(m): 7:16am On Jan 31, 2020
Bull crap story.... Papa will get the visa, with call or no call.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Davash222(m): 7:19am On Jan 31, 2020
If you are restricted to enter ‘ordinary’ US, what makes you think you have license to enter almighty Heaven

263 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Rockyrascal(m): 7:20am On Jan 31, 2020
Bloggers steady giving us fake news to consume.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by rexchazy(m): 7:30am On Jan 31, 2020
It not a big deal no thanks to Trump

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Guzel: 7:31am On Jan 31, 2020
Rockyrascal:
Bloggers steady giving us fake news to consume.
So this day is a blog. Your papa was denied visa

220 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Homeboiy: 7:33am On Jan 31, 2020
I like it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Mazigabriel(m): 7:35am On Jan 31, 2020
madridguy:
Bull crap story.... Papa will get the visa, with call or no call.
I see you patronize his church (;a church member)

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by seunlayi(m): 7:36am On Jan 31, 2020
Is he going there officially? Religious trip are not official, he should do the right thing and besides, what of his private jet? Cant he just take the jet to one of our good highways and take off to USA? grin

He can land at anywhere not necessarily at the airport grin

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Born2Breed(f): 7:52am On Jan 31, 2020
Fake news!!!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by psalmsmiles(m): 8:08am On Jan 31, 2020
E don be for papa o.. US no be like naija where everything goes.
He should apply using business visa. Afterall, na business na carry am go

17 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by hakeem4(m): 8:51am On Jan 31, 2020
I actually thought he has a diplomatic passport

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by voltron14: 9:04am On Jan 31, 2020
hakeem4:
I actually thought he has a diplomatic passport

On what ground?

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by hakeem4(m): 9:07am On Jan 31, 2020
voltron14:

On what ground?

since he is a public figure. i could be wrong sha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by LadySarah: 9:16am On Jan 31, 2020
hakeem4:

since he is a public figure. i could be wrong sha
Hahaha

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Antoeni(m): 9:20am On Jan 31, 2020
it’s in Order, Let Christ Embassy give him Visa

160 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by timesup234: 9:40am On Jan 31, 2020
Wetin them dey go do for America self? A country with the highest number of poor people. A country where millions are homeless. A country where 90% of her citizens are depressed. America has always been one overhyped shiithole

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 31, 2020
timesup234:
Wetin them dey go do for America self? A country with the highest number of poor people. A country where millions are homeless. A country where 90% of her citizens are depressed. America has always been one overhyped shiithole

Funny.
look who's talking.. a Nigerian from the
Deepest of shitholes.

146 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 31, 2020
Lol.

Where are the people shouting god of Oyedepo grant me visa?

All these people don't know that you may be a big deal in Nigeria, but once you get to the US, you're just another black dude with a funny accent from a shit hole country called Nigeria, which almost no American can locate on the Map.

When we say fix your country, you are jumping on plane and traveling and always feeling like God.

Ntorrrr

One word like this we did not hear from this man concerning Leah Sharibu. No word on Fulani herdsmen killing. Shiorrr.

Don't blame you though. I blame your gullible followers.

I can just imagine the scenario at the Embassy.

"Do you know who I am?" Typical Nigerian with overblown sense of self worth.

172 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by H2ho(m): 9:53am On Jan 31, 2020
why? en-route Canada undecided

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by kunleweb: 9:53am On Jan 31, 2020
I knew Nairaland would jump on this

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy by publicenemy(m): 9:53am On Jan 31, 2020
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Sharon Oyakhilome Slays In Bum Shorts In UK Streets / Jehovah Witness Predicted Coronavirus 15 Years Ago / My Second Visit To Hell: Famous People I Saw In Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.