Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

What Was Slessor's Reason For Abolishing Twin Killings - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Was Slessor's Reason For Abolishing Twin Killings (422 Views)

Rethinking Higher Education: A Case For Abolishing University Education / Killings Of Innocent Unijos Students.. / Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Slessor's Reason For Abolishing Twin Killings by Evangkatsoulis: 10:20am On Jan 31, 2020
I read somewhere that Mary Slessor stopped the killing of twins.
What were have arguments against the killing of twins?

I am wondering, because I don't think our knowledge of biology was that advanced then.
Re: What Was Slessor's Reason For Abolishing Twin Killings by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 31, 2020
I don't know much, but I believe She stopped the killing of twins in Calabar. The birth of twins was usually termed 'Evil' or seen as 'badluck' by the villagers, back then. I might be wrong, though.
Re: What Was Slessor's Reason For Abolishing Twin Killings by Evangkatsoulis: 10:54am On Jan 31, 2020
justnock:
I don't know much, but I believe She stopped the killing of twins in Calabar. The birth of twins was usually termed 'Evil' or seen as 'badluck' by the villagers, back then. I might be wrong, though.

I mean what were her reasons based on contemporary knowledge then.
Or did just use brute force?
Re: What Was Slessor's Reason For Abolishing Twin Killings by nlPoster: 11:20am On Jan 31, 2020
You've asked four questions, none of which seem to have anything to do with each other.

(1) (Reply)

Sweden: Most Preferred University List By International Students / Delsu Postgraduate Hostel Is Currently On Fire (video) / 5 Types Of Goals That Will Help Take Your Life To The Right Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.