Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? (27790 Views)

Strange Stuff Growing On My Toe Nail / Corona Virus Is Airborne. Infections Occur Through Aerosol Transmission / A Deadly Influenza Virus Is Spreading Across America, 15 Million People Infected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by Deicide: 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2020
Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress

5 Likes

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by Akachukwu42(m): 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2020
U are funny. Who told you everything bought from aliexpress comes from china.
Some comes from Singapore. Russia etc.

I am not saying that the viral disease breakout wouldn't affect the workflow of aliexpress. I am only giving reason why it doesn't stop them from working

57 Likes

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by MDBrand: 6:04pm On Jan 31, 2020
Deicide:
Some local governments in China stopped delivery to any part of the world

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by lilmonarch(m): 6:32pm On Jan 31, 2020
The question is how long can the virus survive outside a host?

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by uboma(m): 8:52pm On Jan 31, 2020
lilmonarch:
The question is how long can the virus survive outside a host?

Good question.

The virus will not survive outside a host.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by ContractKiller: 8:57pm On Jan 31, 2020

166 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by djoe21(m): 10:11pm On Jan 31, 2020
ContractKiller:
No even try am

[img]https://images./5UFpitnbgZPA1sxxwI1ZET.gif[/img]

grin grin this is funny

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by Mrshape: 10:20pm On Jan 31, 2020
uboma:

Good question.

The virus will not survive outside a host.
viruses are tricky to understand
Outside the living organisms the become a non living thing.
When in a living organisms they become living again

85 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by SilasNwude: 10:25pm On Jan 31, 2020
anything ordered now on aliexpress can't be shipped till further notice

the shut down everything till the virus is contained
even chinese league was suspended

20 Likes

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by Jossyroyal1: 3:50am On Feb 01, 2020
Funny question but worth given a thought

4 Likes

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by seunajia: 5:02am On Feb 01, 2020
Q: Am I at risk for novel coronavirus from a package or products shipping from China?

There is still a lot that is unknown about the newly emerged 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) and how it spreads. Two other coronaviruses have emerged previously to cause severe illness in people (MERS and SARS). 2019-nCoV is more genetically related to SARS than MERS, but both are betacoronaviruses with their origins in bats. While we don’t know for sure that this virus will behave the same way as SARS and MERS, we can use the information from both of these earlier coronaviruses to guide us. In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures. Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of 2019-nCoV associated with imported goods and there have not been any cases of 2019-nCoV in the United States associated with imported goods. Information will be provided on the 2019 Novel Coronavirus website as it becomes available.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by awoo47: 5:34am On Feb 01, 2020
Akachukwu42:
U are funny. Who told you everything bought from aliexpress comes from china.
Some comes from Singapore. Russia etc.

I am not saying that the viral disease breakout wouldn't affect the workflow of aliexpress. I am only giving reason why it doesn't stop them from working
most come from China.

18 Likes

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by Deicide: 7:05am On Feb 01, 2020
An order i made last week just got shipped today meanwhile others are still pending though when i asked why they told me it was because of Chinese new year.
SilasNwude:
anything ordered now on aliexpress can't be shipped till further notice
the shut down everything till the virus is contained
even Chinese league was suspended

6 Likes

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by uboma(m): 8:19am On Feb 01, 2020
Mrshape:

viruses are tricky to understand
Outside the living organisms the become a non living thing.
When in a living organisms they become living again

But can they survive outside the host for a period of 20-35 days minimum enroute to Nigeria?
Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by Aphrygian(m): 9:45am On Feb 01, 2020
uboma:

But can they survive outside the host for a period of 20-35 days minimum enroute to Nigeria?
some viruses can survive up to 300yrs outside a suitable host and some can withstand a temperature as high as 1000 degree Celsius. Viruses are intricate organisms that can be categorised as both Living and as non living;outside a suitable host they become particles and the moment they gain entrance into the body system they use the hosts cell to replicate. See the borderline is that you can't really understand viral organisms if you are not a virologist or a microbiologist.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by ucham: 9:54am On Feb 01, 2020
Except you wan die no try am. No talk say u wan do business con go kill yourself and loved ones. I don talk finish.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by Deicide: 10:02am On Feb 01, 2020
Funny grin
ucham:
Except you wan die no try am. No talk say u wan do business con go kill yourself and loved ones. I don talk finish.
Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by MDBrand: 10:06am On Feb 01, 2020
allknowing234:
presently items are not shipped out of China.

London used android and iphones available for as
low as 3k and 25k respectively.wholesale and
retail available with delivery .
0.8.0.6.0.2.7.4.4.4.4.WhatsApp.
I want to start this business of selling London used Phones or laptops but I don't know how to start, can you guide me?, please
Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by Gudiza(m): 1:12pm On Feb 01, 2020
very valid question. I was thinking the same.
Ordered some stuff since December and just checked in to see the status.
Then I remembered the virus and was like at least it had shipped out months ago.
Abeg, make nobody order anything for now ohh.
U know say we no get control for naija, make dem no fax am direct from chinese 'village ppl' come inside ya hase.

4 Likes

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by uboma(m): 1:14pm On Feb 01, 2020
Aphrygian:
some viruses can survive up to 300yrs outside a suitable host and some can withstand a temperature as high as 1000 degree Celsius. Viruses are intricate organisms that can be categorised as both Living and as non living;outside a suitable host they become particles and the moment they gain entrance into the body system they use the hosts cell to replicate. See the borderline is that you can't really understand viral organisms if you are not a virologist or a microbiologist.

Noted.
Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by FemolasticA: 1:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
ContractKiller:
No even try am
[img]https://images./5UFpitnbgZPA1sxxwI1ZET.gif[/img]

Me i can't stop laughing o fuuny

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 01, 2020
MDBrand:

I want to start this business of selling London used Phones or laptops but I don't know how to start, can you guide me?, please

Dm me on whatsapp smiley

(Contact on my signature)
Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by Mrshape: 4:04pm On Feb 01, 2020
uboma:

virus can survive up to 20years outside the host

3 Likes

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by lonelydora: 11:50am On Feb 04, 2020
I advise you all shun anything coming from China for now. Don't listen to whatever WHO is saying.

5 Likes

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by WalkerMichael(m): 11:51am On Feb 04, 2020
dont bro.

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by warrenweste(m): 11:51am On Feb 04, 2020
Yes it is....Wuhan is in hubei district and the produce close to nothing ,the main industries are in shenzen,Guangzhou, fuhan and ci just avoid importing foods from.their now.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by b3llo(m): 11:52am On Feb 04, 2020
Abeg o... No go order wetin go come haunt you and your family.

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by hisexcellency34: 11:52am On Feb 04, 2020
Not all Corona is virus

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by ffo(m): 11:52am On Feb 04, 2020

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) explains on its website that it's very unlikely to contract coronavirus from a surface.

While a person can carry the virus for days - or even weeks - viruses don't live long outside the body.

This means that if the virus is found on a surface, the lifespan is 'in the range of hours,' according to the CDC.

And because packages go through several different environments before ending up on a doorstep, that makes them less likely to have survived.

source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7961419/You-wont-catch-coronavirus-packages-China-experts-say.html

2 Likes

Re: Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? by NotBeenPaid: 11:53am On Feb 04, 2020

I have an already shipped order and one pending...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Covid19- London Put In Emergency Lockdown As U.K. Fights New Strain / Nigerian Nurses In The UK Embroiled In Qualification Scandal / Woman With Massive Goiter For Over 18Years All Smiles After Successful Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.