Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) (53791 Views)

Odion Ighalo, His Wife Sonia And Their Children Pictured After Leaving World Cup / Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' / Odion Ighalo Meets Floyd Mayweather In Las Vegas (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by 9jaBlogger: 5:14am On Feb 01, 2020
The Manchester United Football Club (MUFC) have confirmed signing Odion Ighalo from Shanghai Shenhua on loan until the end of the season.

MUFC can confirm that Odion Ighalo will join us on loan from Shanghai Shenhua until the end of the season. Welcome, Odion!

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1223395904675307520?s=19

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by ZombieHUNT: 5:15am On Feb 01, 2020
Buhari lifelessness is contagious

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by galaxy2020(m): 5:17am On Feb 01, 2020
That will be good for him. Wish him the best

118 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Vulcanheph(m): 5:26am On Feb 01, 2020
All Nigerian man utd fans should at least be happy that they have a Nigerian playing at the club.....who knows he might be exactly What the club needs right now, at least he is better than jones, Lingard and dalot combined

229 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Nobody: 5:34am On Feb 01, 2020
Vulcanheph:
All Nigerian man utd fans should at least be happy that they have a Nigerian playing at the club.....who knows he might be exactly What the club needs right now, at least he is better than jones, Lingard and dalot combined

don't forget to add urself to make it balance GGMUgrin

hang ur balls tongue

134 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Davash222(m): 5:38am On Feb 01, 2020
This is a step down for Odion!
Manure of all clubs

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by daddytime(m): 5:40am On Feb 01, 2020
Nice one for Odion. How nice it is for Man.U? I never know.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Rootprof(m): 5:50am On Feb 01, 2020
Looks good for the player but bad for the club... But who knows he can perform good.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Vulcanheph(m): 6:12am On Feb 01, 2020
Jezyfreezman:

don't forget to add urself to make it balance GGMUgrin
Leave that thing.....i might not be a professional footballer , but i'm that i'll perform better than those guys on the pitch.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by ExAngel007(f): 7:10am On Feb 01, 2020
yesterday, I was online around midnight going through comments on social media about Odion Ighalo signing, and I found out that it was only Nigerians that are bitter about the new signing.

for me, he is a good striker.

253 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Fathai(m): 7:26am On Feb 01, 2020
I hope he come out of retirement for him to be back in Nigeria team

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Martinez39s(m): 7:41am On Feb 01, 2020
Ighalo is a good striker, I hope he doesn't flop.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by zikcash(m): 7:58am On Feb 01, 2020
Nigerians and their quack mentality.....he missed a goal against Argentina, and so what?.......so when someone makes a mistake he should live with it for the rest of his life?........my point is Salah has missed more chances than this nigga but no one is complaining....just becos his a Nigerian, he's to small to play for man united......u guys should be happy for him and the club......he brings a unique style of approach to the team with his pace and strength.....and by the way he has premier league experience....

155 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by infogenius(m): 8:01am On Feb 01, 2020
I am happy a Nigerian will play in the shirt of the Red Devils at the Theatre of Dreams.

Welcome to Old Trafford Ighalo.

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 01, 2020
A Nigerian wearing Man Utd shirt at long last. Happy for him and my club and on behalf of all Man Utd supporters, welcome to the biggest club in the world!

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Bear007(m): 9:13am On Feb 01, 2020
Am happy for his family and his account balance... As a country man the grace on his head is strong..

On the other hand, I wish I can congratulate Man U fans but odion is not a creative player.

5 Likes

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Mistaicey2288: 9:13am On Feb 01, 2020
Gbam! People are talking nonsense about this being a poor move by Manchester United out of desperation. But personally, i think its actually worth it. I mean, this is a player who helped Watford quality for EPL from Relegation back then. This is a player who was the highest goal scorer for Watford. A Player who won Afcon best player ahead of the likes of Salah, Mahrez etc and also, the present Captain of his team in China... I think he's got great potentials. Besides, this is just a loan move for the time being. If by the end of the Season, he proves himself worthy, he might end up getting a permanent deal and if not, he moves back to China. So it's not a bad deal afterall..

Lastly, Ighalo has always dreamt and hoped to be a Manchester United player in his lifetime. How else could one explain the fact that someone who is earning 300k Pounds a week in a Chinese club decides to agree on a deal to a club where he'll be getting 100k pounds a week? Yes! United is offering him 100k per week for his loan spell.. If that is not being passionate about Manchester United, then tell me what is? I even read that he turned down a move to Inter Milan... All we only want for now is an experienced striker to fill in Rashford's space now that he's on Injury... A striker who will give all it takes to score a goal... Also, as Nigerians let's always endeavour to support our own. Seeing a Nigerian player in Manchester United is indeed a great news.

Here's a picture of Ighalo in United Jersey back when he was younger..

128 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Realtalk20: 9:14am On Feb 01, 2020
A sad day indeed for my dear Red Devils embarassed

Ighalo? From China ? .

If you needed proof of how far we have fallen this should be more than enough evidence to dispel all doubt.

Most top player's agents won't allow their players come to Manchester United because there is no guarantee of champions league football, and no top player wants to go through the hell that is Europa and risk serious inquiry.

I never thought I would see the day my club is being snobbed by top players to the extent we have to go to China of all places to loan the likes of Ighalo.

A sad day indeed

GGMU

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by solmus: 9:14am On Feb 01, 2020
i know he wont disapoint

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:14am On Feb 01, 2020
Go boss it, Odion
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by HacheNoire: 9:14am On Feb 01, 2020
See his peniss pointing low
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by frankmoney(m): 9:14am On Feb 01, 2020
Good deal for a six months loan
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by superlanny(m): 9:15am On Feb 01, 2020
Many are saying it's the wrong move and Manchester United we're losers in the market, but I totally disagree...We forget Ighalo has premier league experience, where he scored a good number of goals, Ighalo is a proper number 9, unlike rashford, martial or even greenwood. Ighalo has an habit of hitting the net, where ever he goes, he should be getting quality services unlike he has been getting in other clubs, yet he still scores.... It's just for 6months and there is no buy clause.
Ighalo will want to prove Everybody wrong, like he did after making one error during the world cup.
The best players in England, Salah and mane, couldn't even outscore him in Afcon...so what the hell are we talking about.
Hitting the back of the net is an important skill for a striker, if you have it, you have it, doesn't matter if you are playing in China or Europe.
Am not a United fan, but as a Nigerian, I am rooting for Ighalo to make us proud and make haters and doubters eat their shit.
Superlanny, whole heartedly supports ighalos move to United.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by StrikeBack(m): 9:15am On Feb 01, 2020
Win win situation for both United and Odion

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by masterflowx(m): 9:15am On Feb 01, 2020
Congratulations aburo...

3 Likes

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by frankmoney(m): 9:15am On Feb 01, 2020
zikcash:
Nigerians and their quack mentality.....he missed a goal against Argentina, and so what?.......so when someone makes a mistake he should live with it for the rest of his life?........my point is Salah has missed more chances than this nigga but no one is complaining....just becos his a Nigerian, he's to small to play for man united......u guys should be happy for him and the club......he brings a unique style of approach to the team with his pace and strength.....and by the way he has premier league experience....
very true . Ighalo is not a bad player ... To me it's a good deal for a loan

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Renforce: 9:15am On Feb 01, 2020
Abegie Career bustop angry
Ighalo fearing for his life
United's boss fearing for his too

It was a deal of FEAR cool undecided
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by WizBLANCE(m): 9:16am On Feb 01, 2020
Make sure you don't score against Chelsea

Be it your first or last game in Manu.
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by emmabest2000(m): 9:17am On Feb 01, 2020
Good for Nigerians
Bad for True ManU fans grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by shyvicky: 9:17am On Feb 01, 2020
Watch how the Balogun fire started, caught on camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFQUYTd8Y10
Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by Longman8: 9:17am On Feb 01, 2020
Congratulations big brother, Do greater things in your newly signed club

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) by ValCon888: 9:17am On Feb 01, 2020
It's not like he wanted to come to ManU. All foreign players in China are running away from Coronavirus.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fans Hail Lionel Messi For Dribbling Top Players (Photos) / Emiliano Sala Died From Head And Chest Injuries! / Each Angola Player To Earn $9600 If They Beat Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.