Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,717 members, 7,802,164 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) (78088 Views)

Biafra : Mbaka Prophecy Again After Ban From The Church / Twitter removes #EndSARS emoji after ban / LASG Bans Keke And Okada From Some Local Governments In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by akdjr(m): 12:37pm On Feb 01, 2020
Okada was ban in warri and Benin also. quote author=ghettokid1 post=86281350]I'm sure 90% of them campaigned and voted for Sanwoolu.
Gradually sense will locate Nigerians 1by1[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by okwusdidi: 12:38pm On Feb 01, 2020
My concern about this is that the level of unemployment would rise.I know two yoruba guys who are married with children that drive keke for a living.What does the government want them to do now.A government should bring out policies to create jobs not unemployment.
Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by MYGRATEskillz(m): 12:39pm On Feb 01, 2020
popsy2:
Thousands of people rendered jobless. No alternatives provided. There is definitely going to be an upsurge in criminal activities for the time being. Man's first instinct is "survival" by all means.
Not to mention the likes of Gokada, MaxOkada st al. Nigeria is unpredictable, you never can tell the next policy by the government that is going to put you out of business.
These guys have invested huge sums. Do we talk about how bad it is going to get in the traffic congestion front? Commuters are in for it.

Anyways, the benefits of having your business legalized cannot be overemphasized. It builds public confidence in your brand and wins you more sales. So, if you are in need of CAC company registration, Business Name registration, Foundation, Schools, Church, NGO, Trademark, NAFDAC number on your products etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng
You may also consult us on any of the above free of charge. Yes! Free of charge.

I foresee an impending doom.

1 Like

Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by Coldie(m): 12:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
Jozibrainz99:

if you are not an indigene of Lagos, Then you are part of the population
If I am part of a population constituting nuisance than I see no problem leaving
Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:49pm On Feb 01, 2020
naijacentric:
yeye man who ask for ur opinion

Unlike your wretched father who is a nobody even in the land of the rising crimes ,I am a stakeholder in the security and safety concern of Yoruba people. Yoruba business and interests are my business ! Therefore, disguised boko haram members parading themselves as okada riders are not welcome anywhere in Oodua land. If you are one of them,the game is up fool !

2 Likes

Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 01, 2020
Unfortunately, they will move to Oyo and Ogun states to cause commotion there.

That's why regional coordination of such things is important.
Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by Gabson001(m): 12:55pm On Feb 01, 2020
Make God provide for those they rendered jobless in the process of making things better

God airpus

Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by Reference(m): 1:03pm On Feb 01, 2020
This is what I am saying about poor quality leadership. About leadership that is completely cutoff from reality and from.the citizens it governs.

For the life of me I just donot understand why goverment cannot simply direct investment around opportunity it creates. Why is govement so poor in vision.

On one side you have goverment looking for funds to develop the country, on the other side you have the citizens investing poorly with adverse consequences to sustainable development. Why can't goverment come up with a framework to partner with citizens in directing their little capital aright into profitable, sustainable models in line with the objectives of national development.

You have Nigerians buying over a million motorbikes and kekes at well over N500,000 a piece. It that not enough capital the goverment can harvest to sort out profit based infrastructure such as refineries or power plants if the model is right and it is rightly sold to the public.

If all the kekes and bikes in Lagos were to be valued I am certain it will complete at least one of the metrolines and earn the subscribers profitable income by way of joint ownership. This is the way most of the infrastructure in Europe and the States were built after World War 2 in the midst of serious economic challenges. And some if thise bonds are still yielding decades after.

I have said it severally. The problem of the black man is our inherent inability to organise ourselves into viable societies, profitable groupings towards development. We have this selfish, individualistic tendency that can at best make our 10 plus 10 equate 20 while other societies operate by leverage, multiplication.of forces yielding 100 in the same space and time.

3 Likes

Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by Trojan8(m): 1:04pm On Feb 01, 2020
Smara:
I'm yet to recover from the trekking this morning cry
Alternative pls
I trekked from Cele to Ijesha, I was lucky to see a bus from Ijesha to Aguda and then I trekked from Aguda to Bode Thomas. It was crazy
Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by Speedybiscuit: 1:06pm On Feb 01, 2020
I trekked from Stadium to Adeniran Ogunsanya mall this morning.
Sanwo-olu aye e ma Baje ni o!

1 Like

Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by Honeydenz(f): 1:11pm On Feb 01, 2020
[quote author=Smara post=86284731]I'm yet to recover from the trekking this morning cry
Alternative pls [
So it's actually true? No Okada in Lagos, jeez how do I make it to work with the traffic, I just traveled for a week
Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by ClassicMG(m): 1:17pm On Feb 01, 2020
Kekereekun123:
how would working class people get to their place of work
enter brt
Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by lx3as(m): 1:22pm On Feb 01, 2020
tiwiex:

They are too many. The truth is most of them are from the poor north. The northern leaders have handled human development very poorly. The result has been high unemployment and the south always receives the impact in cases like this. Same here in Ibadan. There are just too many of them. All these recent actions always seem like the north is the target. The reason is simply because they are usually the ones causing it. No fault of the unemployed. They want to work. Same argument on Amotekun.

This is all the restructuring we are talking about. Let regions know they have problems across board including education so they wake up. The south has turned to a dumping ground for northern failures.

Sanusi Lamido has said it in many words. We cannot continue like this. The system will surely collapse.
This is the problem with the South West; we allow others to dictate the tune. You can't find okada in all the states capital cities and major towns of South East and South South including major commercial areas like Onitsha, Nnewi; so also Kano, Abuja, Jos, etc. not even keke in Owerri.
Why the noise about Lagos?
We should learn to create other jobs for our people in agriculture not riding okada. The population of okada and northern or foreign riders in major cities of SW and Ilorin is baffling. It's a time-bomb because the rates these guys give birth and send them down to do all sorts of things are not controllable.

3 Likes

Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:25pm On Feb 01, 2020
If you know you are here on nairaland jobless living in Lagos, please abeg u go and find an okay vehicle and just enter road!
That is all the advice I can give u at this particular point in time.
Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by Afodot0022(m): 1:26pm On Feb 01, 2020
Good move. The day i was robbed, those bandits uses okada. This policy will reduce petty robbery in the state i bet.

4 Likes

Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by Sanchez01: 1:30pm On Feb 01, 2020
SoNature:

Most Nigerians have been to Lagos.

Lagos is the most visited Nigerian state
That Lagos is the most visited state in Nigeria does not mean every Tom, Diick and Harry have been there. Some are still dreaming to travel down. Plus, your idea of 'most' here is funny. You're saying a sizeable amount of 180 million people have been to Lagos? Hilarious.
Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by murmee: 1:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
solmus:
cool

Ambode almost caused chaos before he got booted out, trash and dirt littered everywhere all because he wants to destroy Fashola's legacy, he abandoned Fasholas light rail, and only concentrated on ikorodu roads,

too bad Audio Governor Seyi Makinde would welcome this bike men to neighboring Oyo now just to form nice guy for the media

GSM will know what to do when Oyo state is overwhelmed with Okadas and kekes and they begin to threaten the security of the state!
Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by Lot13(m): 1:44pm On Feb 01, 2020
juman:
So sad that many of our people dey do okada as job.
If we have regular power supply, more than half of lagosians would go back to their towns and villages to live better life.
They are not your people. Most are iswap fighters from sahel region of Mali, Chad Sudan etc and are waiting for the right time to start their evil plan but God pass them.
Well done Gov Sanwo olu.

3 Likes

Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by Equal2DeTask(m): 1:55pm On Feb 01, 2020
Smara:
I'm yet to recover from the trekking this morning cry
Alternative pls

No wonder your yansh don flat.... grin
Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 01, 2020
ClassicMG:
enter brt
brt from eko hotel to ligali in vi No such brt
Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by walebrighto: 1:58pm On Feb 01, 2020
hmmm
Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by Smara(f): 2:06pm On Feb 01, 2020
Trojan8:
I trekked from Cele to Ijesha, I was lucky to see a bus from Ijesha to Aguda and then I trekked from Aguda to Bode Thomas. It was crazy

Damn!
that's some distance, pele embarassed
Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by DrMuzungu(m): 2:07pm On Feb 01, 2020
Have you even see a whitey using Okada? I did. How else can you reach one spot at Victoria Island if you are at the Golden Gate on Kingsway Road (Ikoyi)? You take a taxi. Half way to the bridge you are in a holdup. No hope to get out of it in the next hour or so. n So what do you do? Yes, it's unsafe. Yes, they drive like lunatics. But they take you quickly from A to B. pay the cab driver and off you go.

1 Like

Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by Smara(f): 2:08pm On Feb 01, 2020
quote]
Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by Smara(f): 2:09pm On Feb 01, 2020
Equal2DeTask:

No wonder your yansh don flat.... grin
i nor get before tongue
Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by Smara(f): 2:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
[quote author=Honeydenz post=86288022][/quote]

@Honeydenz yea, in some areas tho!
don't worry we will all trek together, we plenty smiley
Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by fishbone11(m): 2:38pm On Feb 01, 2020
The ban on keke & bike should be the whole Lagos, those riders are nuisance to the environment. They drive anyhow, scratch yr car and still be claiming right. For Lagos to be a metropolitan state, it should be banned completely.

1 Like

Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by wetdspace(m): 2:38pm On Feb 01, 2020
Please just try and reason with numbers next time. The numbers of vote they got from the transportation generally is not up to 10%.

Politicians work with numbers and tend to favor people who contribute a lot to their election. Even in IGR they contributed nothing and they cause more chaos in traffic matters. So what are you saying ?
Do t reason with your feelings man, reason with data and logic!

ghettokid1:
I'm sure 90% of them campaigned and voted for Sanwoolu.
Gradually sense will locate Nigerians 1by1
Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by wetdspace(m): 2:42pm On Feb 01, 2020
Na ur family life go baje!

Olofo!

Speedybiscuit:
I trekked from Stadium to Adeniran Ogunsanya mall this morning.
Sanwo-olu aye e ma Baje ni o!
Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by Jack500: 2:45pm On Feb 01, 2020
ghettokid1:
I'm sure 90% of them campaigned and voted for Sanwoolu.
Gradually sense will locate Nigerians 1by1

So, because they campaigned and voted for Sanwo olu, the governor should let them continue their nonsense in the state(crime and accident). Anyway, they remained ban, u can invite them to yr erosion ravaged village or use the lagoon.

1 Like

Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by moorevic(m): 2:51pm On Feb 01, 2020
Its good for proper development, those guys can be nuisance and problematic to the security and development of a nation.

1 Like

Re: Keke And Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video) by tollyboy5(m): 3:04pm On Feb 01, 2020
Sanchez01:

Those are Northerners relocating to God-knows-where.

They come into Lagos with truck loads of people and motorcycles and now that the state government has said no to them, they are left with no option than to leave the way they came lest they die of hunger.

Some of you have never been to Lagos before but you are pseudo-knowledgeable about the affairs and activities of the state. Beats my imagination.
for the fact that they are notherners don not justify the ban. mr man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

INEC Admits Error In Vote Collation In Osun Election / Meet Olaitan Oyetola, Biography Of Osun State First Lady To Be (photos) / Atiku Abubakar's April Fool Prank By His Children [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.