Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,278 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria (2338 Views)

Forex Restrictions On 43 Items Resulted In $1.4 Billion Revenue Drop — Cardoso / US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes / Grow Nigeria: Nigerians React To Saraki’s Message On Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by Maxymilliano(m): 11:03am On Feb 01, 2020
I received with sadness the policy of the government of the United States of America to place Nigeria on its travel ban list.

While I understand the reasons given by the Trump administration (the failure of the Muhammadu Buhari led administration to share information and to address issues of terrorism), the ban does not take into account the pro-American sentiments of the Nigerian public and the solidarity previous Nigerian administrations have had with the United States.

I urge the government of President Donald Trump to consider the history of US-Nigerian relationships. Nigeria was one of the few African nations that joined the US-led coalition during Operation Desert Storm between 1990-1991 when the United States championed the liberation of Kuwait.

The Trump administration may also consider the pivotal role Nigeria, in partnership with the US, played in bringing peace to Liberia, an American sphere of influence, that now enjoys democracy because Nigerian blood and money paved the way for peace in that nation.

Nigeria has also consistently voted in support of the United States and her allies at the United Nations and other multilateral world bodies. This is even as we are perhaps the biggest trading partner that the United States has in Africa, even where we had alternatives.

Nigerians love the United States and have been a major force for the positive development of that great nation: 77% of all Black doctors in the United States are Nigerians. Nigerians are also the most educated immigrant community in America bar none. Surely, the US stands to benefit if it allows open borders with a country like Nigeria that is able to provide skilled, hardworking and dedicated personnel in a two-way traffic.

The current Nigerian administration may have its deficiencies and deep faults, but the Nigeria people ought not to be punished for their inefficiencies.

Once again, I call on President Trump to consider adopting measures that individually target those in government who have failed in their duties, rather than target the entire Nigerian population.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by espn(m): 11:05am On Feb 01, 2020
Everything must be politicised...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by IamPatriotic(m): 11:07am On Feb 01, 2020
Unfortunately for most people who intend to jakpa to the US, they don't have money to lobby their ways and join Saraki's lugage to Washington DC just like Atiku did in build up to the 2019 election, after many years of ban due to his numerous cases of corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 11:08am On Feb 01, 2020
espn:
Everything must be politicised...
Are you high ...is it not bubari incompetency that lead to this rubbish ?

Don't you remember how APC acted between 2014 and 2015 ? Thats politicizing things

This is expression of concern

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by ludd2018: 11:08am On Feb 01, 2020
Nigeria is a terrorist country therefore deserve the ban . Moslems n people in far North do not like Americans evident in the last Moslem burning of USA flag

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by ThiagoKid(m): 11:08am On Feb 01, 2020
Hmmm only God knows Atiku plans for 2023
Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by clarocuzioo(m): 11:09am On Feb 01, 2020
"While I understand the reasons given by the Trump administration (the failure of the Muhammadu Buhari led administration to share information and to address issues of terrorism)",

So now I can't travel to America again because of dulladinho.

E-diots supporting this dullard hope you are seeing that your God has become a global calamity and disaster

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by helinues: 11:10am On Feb 01, 2020
Mr reactor
Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by Trump2020: 11:12am On Feb 01, 2020
Wailing thread for zombies

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by oz4real83(m): 11:18am On Feb 01, 2020
Funny enough, Pmb, his family and the people who are the reason for this ban, will still have easy entries to the US based on their fat bank accounts and offices, what an irony embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by madridguy(m): 11:20am On Feb 01, 2020
grin grin grin
Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by espn(m): 11:21am On Feb 01, 2020
mrvitalis:

Are you high ...is it not bubari incompetency that lead to this rubbish ?

Don't you remember how APC acted between 2014 and 2015 ? Thats politicizing things

This is expression of concern
why use foul language...don't quote me..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by Cyberterror: 11:25am On Feb 01, 2020
As 2023 draws nearer, who will smuggle Atiku to America in a suitcase now that Saraki no longer has diplomatic passport? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by b3llo(m): 11:29am On Feb 01, 2020
What do you expect when our Govt sympathizes with Boko Haram, Bandits, Kidnappers, and Killer herdmens (Miyetti Allah). No sane Country would want to associate with a failed Country.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by efighter: 11:34am On Feb 01, 2020
Atikuchukwu the Cameroonian bisexual, you are mad. Your late father was mad. Your late grandfather was also mad. So, there is hereditary Madness in your generation.

Shebi you and your idiot friends in PDP have been calling the US, EU, UN, AU, OAU, ABU, OSUA, HIV, AIDS, e.t.c. to sanction Nigeria because you fools lost two consecutive elections back to back. Now, the sanctions are beginning to come in bits. Let's see who will suffer, either the Presidency or the senseless IPOB lazy youths that have been blindly supporting you.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by efighter: 11:36am On Feb 01, 2020
Cyberterror:
As 2023 draws nearer, who will smuggle Atiku to America in a suitcase now that Saraki no longer has diplomatic passport? cheesy

Nnamdi Cownu can help out or maybe Goatluck Jonathan that is if Goatluck Jonathan does not port to APC before next election.
Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by Mistaicey2288: 11:37am On Feb 01, 2020
Buhari will just stay there as usual noni. He wouldn't sag anything. Well, what should one expect from a dullard who has nothing to offer after all... SMH!
Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by BeijinDossier: 11:37am On Feb 01, 2020
Well said

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by efighter: 11:37am On Feb 01, 2020
oz4real83:
Funny enough, Pmb, his family and the people who are the reason for this ban, will still have easy entries to the US based on their fat bank accounts and offices, what an irony embarassed

Can you now see that you have shot yourselves on the foot. All of you where clamouring for sanctions and bans, now enjoy it.
Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by oz4real83(m): 11:49am On Feb 01, 2020
efighter:

Can you now see that you have shot yourselves on the foot. All of you where clamouring for sanctions and bans, now enjoy it.
how did u shoot yourself in the foot?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by Abfinest007(m): 11:54am On Feb 01, 2020
is buhari really d problem let sit down n analyze this issue
Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 12:08pm On Feb 01, 2020
espn:
why use foul language...don't quote me..
Are you high is a foul language ?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by NaijadrivaCars: 12:12pm On Feb 01, 2020
In Mama Peace's voice:
Since I left this Aso Rock, it is smelling. There is God o, There is God oo grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by Earlystar698(m): 12:12pm On Feb 01, 2020
Trash, the ban must remain
If you don't want the ban to be lifted let's see your hands up grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:18pm On Feb 01, 2020
I concur with Atiku on these, instead of targeting the Nigerian people let the US target those in gov't who have failed to provide a simple unified identity management database....imagine a country with multiple identity schemes.....International passport, National population birth certificate, National identity card, Voters card, Bank verification Number , both temporary and permanent, then this new one called NIMC that will soon be abandoned again.....
Our leaders knows wat to do yet plays dumb....I wept for this country

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by orisa37: 12:33pm On Feb 01, 2020
This is wrong. ATIKU is not banned. Bishop OYEDEPO is not banned either. The Cabal's and their Cohorts are banned because they hold BUHARI in Ransome and prevent him from telling the Truth to NIGERIANS.
Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by APOPTOSIS: 12:36pm On Feb 01, 2020
Honestly, WELL SAID

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by Oyinprince(m): 2:00pm On Feb 01, 2020
Hmm
Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by codedguy1(m): 2:05pm On Feb 01, 2020
I have nothing to say.
Re: Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria by farolee(m): 2:11pm On Feb 01, 2020
ludd2018:
Nigeria is a terrorist country therefore deserve the ban . Moslems n people in far North do not like Americans evident in the last Moslem beggurning of USA flag

Your father is a terrorist.May devil visit and destroy you for calling my dwelling a terrorist.I have made a meaningful contribution in training and development of young Nigeria technician in my own little way.I have worked hard just like Seun is doing today and you bastard have the gut to call Nigeria a terrorist nation.may God destroy you.May God lift up every Nigerians making meaningful contribution to the development of our great nation even without sustainable power generation.May God's judgement come upon OBJ,PMB,GEJ,IBB,Tinubu,Oshiomole,INEC,all governors that ever rule our state,Bastard party leaders toying with our children destiny, all foolish banks that conives with politician to steal our commonwealth.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Leader Must Call Nnamdi Kanu To Order To Avoid Crises, Abia CP Cries Out / Chief Of Army Staff Urges Ebonyi Youths To Massively Apply For Army Recruitment / Pictures Of Gov. Obaseki And PDP Leaders Inside Oba Palace, Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.