Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Matthew 18 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Matthew 18 (523 Views)

Cut Off Thine Hand Pluck Out Thine Eye Matthew 18:8-9 / Where Is Matthew 18:11 In The NIV Bible Version? / Application Of Matthew 18:18: Whatever You Bind On Earth Will Be Bound In Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matthew 18 by ochibuogwu5: 11:29am On Feb 01, 2020
Matthew 18
Amplified Bible (AMP)
Rank in the Kingdom
1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2 He called a little child and set him before them, 3 and said, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, unless you repent [that is, change your inner self—your old way of thinking, live changed lives] and become like children [trusting, humble, and forgiving], you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever [a]humbles himself like this child is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 Whoever receives and welcomes one [b]child like this in My name receives Me; 6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble and sin [by leading him away from My teaching], it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone [as large as one turned by a donkey] hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Stumbling Blocks
7 “Woe (judgment is coming) to the world because of stumbling blocks and temptations to sin! It is inevitable that stumbling blocks come; but woe to the person on whose account or through whom the stumbling block comes!

8 “If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble and sin, cut it off and throw it away from you [that is, remove yourself from the source of temptation]; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into everlasting fire. 9 If your eye causes you to stumble and sin, pluck it out and throw it away from you [that is, remove yourself from the source of temptation]; it is better for you to enter life with only one eye, than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fiery hell.

10 “See that you do not despise or think less of one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven [are in the presence of and] continually look upon the face of My Father who is in heaven. 11 [c][For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost.]

Ninety-nine Plus One
12 “What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them gets lost, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountain and go in search of the one that is lost? 13 And if it turns out that he finds it, I assure you and most solemnly say to you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine that did not get lost. 14 So it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones be lost.

Discipline and Prayer
15 “If your brother sins[d], go and show him his fault in private; if he listens and pays attention to you, you have won back your brother. 16 But if he does not listen, take along with you one or two others, so that every word may be confirmed by the testimony of two or three witnesses. 17 If he pays no attention to them [refusing to listen and obey], tell it to the [e]church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile (unbeliever) and a tax collector. 18 I assure you and most solemnly say to you, whatever you bind [forbid, declare to be improper and unlawful] on earth [f]shall have [already] been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose [permit, declare lawful] on earth [g]shall have [already] been loosed in heaven.

19 “Again I say to you, that if two [h]believers on earth agree [that is, are of one mind, in harmony] about anything that they ask [within the will of God], it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered in My name [meeting together as My followers], I am there among them.”

Forgiveness
21 Then Peter came to Him and asked, “Lord, how many times will my brother sin against me and I forgive him and let it go? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus answered him, “I say to you, not up to seven times, but seventy times seven.

23 “Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wished to settle accounts with his slaves. 24 When he began the accounting, one who owed him 10,000 [i]talents was brought to him. 25 But because he could not repay, his master ordered him to be sold, with his wife and his children and everything that he possessed, and payment to be made. 26 So the slave fell on his knees and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me and I will repay you everything.’ 27 And his master’s heart was moved with compassion and he released him and forgave him [canceling] the debt. 28 But that same slave went out and found one of his fellow slaves who owed him [j]a hundred denarii; and he seized him and began choking him, saying, ‘Pay what you owe!’ 29 So his fellow slave fell on his knees and begged him earnestly, ‘Have patience with me and I will repay you.’ 30 But he was unwilling and he went and had him thrown in prison until he paid back the debt. 31 When his fellow slaves saw what had happened, they were deeply grieved and they went and reported to their master [with clarity and in detail] everything that had taken place. 32 Then his master called him and said to him, ‘You wicked and contemptible slave, I forgave all that [great] debt of yours because you begged me. 33 Should you not have had mercy on your fellow slave [who owed you little by comparison], as I had mercy on you?’ 34 And in wrath his master turned him over to the torturers (jailers) until he paid all that he owed. 35 My heavenly Father will also do the same to [every one of] you, if each of you does not forgive his brother from your heart.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Matthew 18 by ochibuogwu5: 11:33am On Feb 01, 2020
11 [c][For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost.] (Matthew 18:11 amp)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Matthew 18 by ochibuogwu5: 1:35pm On Feb 01, 2020
Human salvation *only* found inside Jesus Christ Crucified; God's Decision/choice:
"For Christ did not send me [as an apostle] to baptize, but [commissioned and empowered me] to preach the good news [of salvation]—not with clever and eloquent speech [as an orator], so that the cross of Christ would not be [b]made ineffective [deprived of its saving power].

The Wisdom of God:
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness [absurd and illogical] to those who are perishing and spiritually dead [because they reject it], but to us who are being saved [by God’s grace] it is [the manifestation of] the power of God. 19 For it is written and forever remains written,

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise [the philosophy of the philosophers],
And the cleverness of the clever [who do not know Me] I will nullify.”

20 Where is the wise man (philosopher)? Where is the scribe (scholar)? Where is the debater (logician, orator) of this age? Has God not exposed the foolishness of this world’s wisdom? 21 For since the world through all its [earthly] wisdom failed to recognize God, God in His wisdom was well-pleased through the [c]foolishness of the message preached [regarding salvation] to save those who believe [in Christ and welcome Him as Savior]. 22 For Jews demand signs (attesting miracles), and Greeks pursue [worldly] wisdom and philosophy, 23 but we preach Christ crucified, [a message which is] to Jews a stumbling block [that provokes their opposition], and to Gentiles foolishness [just utter nonsense], 24 but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks (Gentiles), Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 [This is] because the foolishness of God [is not foolishness at all and] is wiser than men [far beyond human comprehension], and the weakness of God is stronger than men [far beyond the limits of human effort]."
(1 Corinthians 1:17-25 amp)
Re: Matthew 18 by justicechigozi19(m): 1:55pm On Feb 01, 2020
IMO Government finally Approves Alatia Electrification through I-POREA led by Dr Sam Amadi..
By Enemuo Christopher

The people of Alatia-Amala Autonomous Community in Ngor Okpala LGA through one of their sons, Comrade, Engr Okechukwu Chinomnso, the President of Alatia Development and Empowerment Initiative (ADEI) has cried to the IMO state Government through the Chairman of Imo State Power and Rural Electrification Agency (I-POREA), Dr. Sam Amadi over the electricity challenges the community and her environs are facing since the world-began with his slogan "NO LIGHT SINCE THE WORLD BEGAN IN ALATIA"

The team I-POREA visited Alatia Autonomous Community in Ngor Okpala LGA, IMO State on the 7th of January,2020, a community that have never seen Electricity since the world began..

The team were welcomed by the president General ADEI, Engr Okechukwu Chinomnso who welcomed them with Colanut and introduce the team to his kings-men, square headed by Okenze Morrison okechukwu in the country home of Mr Peter Nneji. While welcoming the board members of I-POREA, Okenze Morrison okechukwu stated that several Government in the past has promised to come to the rescue of the Community but all ended in promises, he therefore pleaded that the present Government should please keep to their words by not giving empty promises that will not shine the light in her Community this time..

Mr Nneji narrated the efforts the community have put in on their own to attract the support of the government, with the transformers gotten, poles and other materials to ensure light shine in her Community..

According to the people of Alatia Amala, there has never been electricity in their area since Adam, let alone knowing the colour of electricity bills or how it is being paid for once. The ugly situation has adversely affected the citizens for quite a long time as it had hindered most of them who intended opening bank accounts in the city and are required to produce their Electricity bills as one of the requirements from banks in account opening process and have left dejected for not having the document.
All the cries by the people of Alatia Amala, their close neighbours Amala Ancient Kingdom and Ikem community have hit deaf ears despite the large population of people the area has; a reason a large number of voters in the area has refused to participate in any government activities especially on voters registrations and elections proper with the view of feeling abandoned, like their crusader has done an article tagged "Alatia the Abandoned and Forgotten Community in IMO State" and not regarded by the state government, as a people but thank God for the appointment of an Ngor Okpala son- Dr Sam Amadi as the I-POREA chairman, who heard the cry by the people of Alatia-Amala and their neighbours and quickly visited the community with his team of experts to ascertain the level of electricity problem in the area and the shoddy work done in the place by the past administration in the community that never gave the people light but used to gain their votes during the last general election.
Dr. Amadi with the Director General of IPOREA, Dr Albert Okorogu, a board member of the agency and other dignities that visited the community were rapt with words wondering why a people in this 21st century still live in darkness without the intervention of the government, Dr Sam Amadi while Addressing the Community commended them for their efforts and assured them that the current Government shall ensure that Alatia Autonomous Community gets Electricity soonest, He also commended the Commander and crusade"Light shine in Alatia";Engr Okechukwu Chinomnso the President General Alatia Development and Empowerment Initiative for his doggedness and follow up in fighting for dividend in attracting Government projects for his Alatia people.
The Director General of I-POREA Dr Albert Okorogu thanked the community for their efforts and patience all this years, He promised the community that work will commence as quick as possible, He added that a team will come around on the 12th of January, 2020 to survey the Environment and promised that he will work with the chairman of the board Dr Sam Amadi to ensure that before the year 2020 runs out that Alatia Autonomous Community will smile with Electricity..

The woman leader ADEI Mrs Ugonma Irondi thanked the I-POREA team and plea that the light shine this time in her Community knowing Electricity will attract rapid development in Alatia..

Alatia-Amala people are grateful to some of their sons who are making frantic efforts financially and otherwise in seeing that light shines in the community this year. Such people include: Pharm. Ekenna Elikee, our philanthropist who gave the community; one transformer and a fidder pillar, Comrade Chinomnso Okechukwu, Mr Peter Nneji, Dr Kennedy Ololo, Mr cowboy Ololo, Engr Victor Obinna, Prince Okechukwu Okechukwu, Dr Ekeledirichukwu Okechukwu, Mr Kelechi Ukwuoma, Engr. Emeka Amaliri, Uzoma Sunday, Ngozi Ihejirika, Barr. Oliver Ezekwem, Kenneth Onyeodi, Ogbonna Irondi, Mr Chimankpam Okechukwu, Engr Emmanuel Nwaosuagwu, Mr Henry Amadi, the entire ADEI members, among others so numerous to mention.
According to the Okenze of the community; Sir Morrison Irondi, the people of Alatia Amala shall never stop thanking any administration that made the people enjoy electricity for the first time in their lifetime, while thanking the I-POREA chairman and his entourage for sparing their time to visit the people of the community within a short notice.
Okenze Irondi as well as the President General ADEI, Engr Okechukwu Chinomnso has congratulated the new governor –elect of Imo State, Senator Hope Uzodinma, who last Wednesday won his Supreme Court case to reclaim his mandate as the duly elected governor of the state while urging him to try and retain the IPOREA office that was established by his predecessor adding also that he (Sen. Uzodinma) should not abandon the ongoing electricity project in Alatia Amala but see that light shines in the community this year 2020.
The SomasExpress magazine gathered that the government’s survey team as promised by Dr. Amadi has gone to the community, moved round and identified the major electricity problems in the area and promised to take report back to the authorities concerned for immediate action.

The Alatia Autonomous Community Expressed their profound gratitude to the I-POREA team and IMO state Government as they await to see light shine in her Community as promised.

Re: Matthew 18 by ochibuogwu5: 2:11pm On Feb 01, 2020
"And when I came to you, brothers and sisters, proclaiming to you the [a]testimony of God [concerning salvation through Christ], I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom [no lofty words of eloquence or of philosophy as a Greek orator might do]; 2 for I made the decision to [b]know nothing [that is, to forego philosophical or theological discussions regarding inconsequential things and opinions while] among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified [and the meaning of His redemptive, substitutionary death and His resurrection]. 3 I came to you in [a state of] weakness and fear and great trembling. 4 And my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom [using clever rhetoric], but [they were delivered] in demonstration of the [Holy] Spirit [operating through me] and of [His] power [stirring the minds of the listeners and persuading them], 5 so that your faith would not rest on the wisdom and rhetoric of men, but on the power of God.

6 Yet we do speak wisdom among those spiritually mature [believers who have teachable hearts and a greater understanding]; but [it is a higher] wisdom not [the wisdom] of this present age nor of the rulers and leaders of this age, who are passing away; 7 but we speak God’s wisdom in a mystery, the wisdom once hidden [from man, but now revealed to us by God, that wisdom] which God predestined before the ages to our glory [to lift us into the glory of His presence]. 8 None of the rulers of this age recognized and understood this wisdom; for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory; 9 but just as it is written [in Scripture],

“Things which the eye has not seen and the ear has not heard,
And which have not entered the heart of man,
All that God has prepared for those who love Him [who hold Him in affectionate reverence, who obey Him, and who gratefully recognize the benefits that He has bestowed].”

10 For God has unveiled them and revealed them to us through the [Holy] Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things [diligently], even [sounding and measuring] the [profound] depths of God [the divine counsels and things far beyond human understanding]."
(1 Corinthians 2:1-10 amp)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Natural Selection / Islam The Religion Of Allah / This Is Wickedness. See Photoshoped Photos Of Jesus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.