Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,847 members, 7,802,710 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership (4564 Views)

Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo / Buhari, Nigeria's President-Elect's Convoy (Photo) / Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by evilspirit: 8:26am On Dec 11, 2010
GEN. Muhammadu Bahari, Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) Presidential aspirant, has said that the country lacks appropriate leadership with a vision to drive development.

He spoke Thursday in Abuja at his declaration to contest the 2011 presidential election on the CPC platform.

"I firmly believe that this country is endowed with natural resources and men and women of great competence.

"What continues to be lacking is appropriate leadership with a vision and purpose to marshal our fortunes for better future,’’ Buhari said.

He said his involvement in democratic politics in the last nine years had exposed him to the boundless potentials and the nature of the complex problems of the country.

He said politicians and the general populace should begin to work towards salvaging the country, to prevent her from total collapse.

"We need to develop a country where all Nigerians can be part of the process. We must return to the era where honesty, hard work and discipline are once again our virtues.

"We deserve a country where the talented are not scorned but can use their talent for self development.

"Development will mean that we make the sacrifice together and bring this country out of the mess.

"We must curb corruption, make the leaders accountable to the people who elected them and return to the values of leadership based on service and sacrifice," Buhari said.

He called on the political class to shun party affiliation and unite to pursue a common purpose of rescuing the country from decline.

He said the country’s problems were enormous and that it would be futile wasting time on pettiness.

Buhari said the CPC under his leadership, if voted in as the country’s president in 2011, would provide better governance capable of ensuring security of lives and properties.

He promised to ensure the prosperity and development of the country as well as strengthen democratic institutions.

Buhari said a CPC government would consider decentralising and localising the police, to achieve neighborhood and community control.

He added that deployment, remuneration and discipline of officers would also be examined and implemented.

On Niger Delta, Buhari said a CPC-led administration would tackle the problems of the region from the root.

He said the root of the problem was corruption and failure of the elite to understand the grievances and feelings of the people.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/21279.html

[img]http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/thumbnail.php?file=GEN._BUHARI_DECLARATION_904564964.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by evilspirit: 8:32am On Dec 11, 2010
I'M FROM THE SOUTH AND CHRISTIAN BUT I SUPPORT HIM
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by Blazay(m): 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2010
You better join the Atiku camp. . . .

"What continues to be lacking is appropriate leadership with a vision and purpose to marshal our fortunes for better future,’’ Buhari said.

He said his involvement in democratic politics in the last nine years had exposed him to the boundless potentials and the nature of the complex problems of the country.

You are absolutely correct sir!

But you are not the one Nigeria needs.

Keep the lectures coming.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by jamace(m): 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2010
Everybody talk about lack of visionary leadership, but put them in position and they will give you blind leadership. Nigerians are experts at theory, but gravely remote in action.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by segunjowo(m): 3:00pm On Dec 11, 2010
and who says buhari is a visionary leader? Visionary indeed. That's why Babangida so easily pushed him aside in 1985! Toothless dog!
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by aljharem(m): 3:05pm On Dec 11, 2010
buhari once again u have told nigerians the truth of the matter

i will support u even if u join pdp,,,,fact cheesy
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by soochukwu(m): 3:19pm On Dec 11, 2010
absolutely correct JAMACE.We have people who can complain about other people`s performances, but give them opportunity they will be blind to their responsibilities,they are only good in condemning other peoples input.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by Kadata(m): 3:42pm On Dec 11, 2010
. . . but Mr Buhari, that Nigeria lacks visionary leadership doesn't automatically qualify you as our 'Messiah' .
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by tyson55(m): 4:10pm On Dec 11, 2010
Lack of visionary leadership and transparency has done us in. I believe Nigeria has fallen behind in providing social services and industrial peace because the leaders lack holistic planning. We need leaders who are prepared for the job, who have the mindset and not those that cannot perform. A majority of our leaders now only look forward to the next election. Between now and January, see what will happen all over the place; every one of them is trying to oust the opponent, no one is talking governance.

I can't see a visionary leader in Buhari himself, they are all talking crap just to win election, and after they are given the mandate they 'll fail us again.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 11, 2010
@ Kadata , soochukwu, segunjowo and jamace, tyson55
You guys must be too young to remember that Buhari was very effective in almost eradicating corruption during his 20 months in power, until that western nation's stooge called Babaginda , was sponsored to overthrow him.
For the fact that he is tried and tested anti-corruption leader, and that he achieved far more in 20months than IBB and OBJ ever achieved in their combined 20years in power, I support Buhari to lead our country out of the mess we find ourselves in.

Kadata:

. . . but Mr Buhari, that Nigeria lacks visionary leadership doesn't automatically qualify you as our 'Messiah' .
soochukwu:

absolutely correct JAMACE.We have people who can complain about other people`s performances, but give them opportunity they will be blind to their responsibilities,they are only good in condemning other peoples input.
segunjowo:

and who says buhari is a visionary leader? Visionary indeed. That's why Babangida so easily pushed him aside in 1985! Toothless dog!

jamace:

Everybody talk about lack of visionary leadership, but put them in position and they will give you blind leadership. Nigerians are experts at theory, but gravely remote in action.
tyson55:

Lack of visionary leadership and transparency has done us in.

I can't see a visionary leader in Buhari himself, they are all talking crap just to win election, and after they are given the mandate they 'll fail us again.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by tyson55(m): 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2010
We don't need the buhari's, Atiku's, ibb's and the likes of them, they are all recycled garbage. They should give way to Young generation of savvy, sharp and entrepreneurial leader to bring new ideas and vision to various sectors of our economy, and move us forward.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by Blazay(m): 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2010
^^^

Then send your young generation some money. . . .cuz they sure iz broke az hell.
Poor men do not win elections in Nigeria.
Jonathan was a fluke.

Start by telling your NL supporters to start a campaign funds drive on your behalf. wink
Let us see how much the "political Shylocks' love ya. kiss
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by Princek12(m): 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2010
This old head delivered a good sermon, but he is not the appropriate old head to effectuate the content of his sermon. His sermon is also missing one important point, that Nigeria needs a young, fresh-face leader, not a an old head.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by Blazay(m): 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2010
Young head from where?
Cowardly young heads and tails.
Can't even stand up to the cabal. . . not to mention rule Nigeria.
Oh please?

Worse crooks than the old hands I tellya.

Gooooooooooo "Tikkkku"!!! cool
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2010
tyson55,
tell me who you consider to be a better alternative to Buhari, what their track record is in eradicating corruption.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by BetaThings: 4:57pm On Dec 11, 2010
tyson55:

We don't need the buhari's, Atiku's, ibb's and the likes of them, they are all recycled garbage. They should give way to Young generation of savvy, sharp and entrepreneurial leader to bring new ideas and vision to various sectors of our economy, and move us forward.
Young like Bankole?
Young Like Aganga?
Young like Fayose?

You have an opportunity in 2007, don't throw it away
Johnathan has been in PDP for 12 years. Can he be fresh air? what new ideas - ghosting on facebook? Sharp? look at that excuse about importation of toothpick and cars older than 10 years. If customs cannot stop cars older than 10 years, will they stop those older than 15? and are we going to lift the bans on weapons and cocaine because customs cannot police our borders?
Like Jimi Agbaje would say - same of the same or more of the same:
Rice sharing on Oct 1st,  $50,000 to Save Nigeria Group, fabricating text messages, Cutting deals with Bankole and Mark to sell their official accommodation to them, Surrounded by Anenih, Daniel, Akala, denials of stories that others are keeping quiet about

What did they tell us about Shagari in 1979 and Obasanjo in 1999? Please look at the company people keep.

Clinton said, “Don’t be fooled, don’t be played and don’t stay home.” I recommend it to Nigerians
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by mrblack: 5:21pm On Dec 11, 2010
yes, ibb push him aside because nigeria dont have time for true leader or innocent leader and thats why nigeria will always remain like this,
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by SapeleGuy: 5:23pm On Dec 11, 2010
Yet more noise making, Buhari is one of the leaders with cataracts that has refused to see or improve the plight of the masses.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by BetaThings: 5:39pm On Dec 11, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Yet more noise making, Buhari is one of the leaders with cataracts that has refused to see or improve the plight of the masses.
Can you explain this position further given that he left political office in 1985? And of course his time in PTF was extensively investigated by Obj.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by 9jarukus: 5:45pm On Dec 11, 2010
BetaThings:

Can you explain this position further given that he left political office in 1985? And of course his time in PTF was extensively investigated by Obj.
and if i may add he did a damn good job in PTF
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 11, 2010
I don't think a man who as a Soldier truncated democracy and still lacks the courage to appologise till this day has any moral right to lecture anyone else on democracy.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by anonimi: 6:13pm On Dec 11, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by DamiKhojie(m): 6:57pm On Dec 11, 2010
what is up with these politicians and always saying the obvious
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by Bomi(m): 7:15pm On Dec 11, 2010
Having work with General Buhari as head of state, I know he is not the type of  leader Nigeria need now. He has throw his chances away in 2003. He a good leader who belief in his own ability and really more on his people than any other part of the country. The case in question is the 96 suitcases in Kano airport during his tenure, the retirement of Captain Akinrinade, demotion of Captain Ebutu Ukiwe (Then Flag Officer Commanding Western Naval Command and a member of SMC). He single handed taking Nigeria to OIC. The behaviour of Nigeria leaders like Buhari call the unity of the country to questioning.
My people watch and pray for ALL our presidential gladiators has nothing to offer Nigerians. On is just sorry for after taking all the risk Nigeria will become a failed state as predicted by the all know super powers.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by kokorunna(m): 7:21pm On Dec 11, 2010
The bottom line is Nigeria lacks a good leadership, only a few are established the majority are corrupt crooks
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by BetaThings: 7:43pm On Dec 11, 2010
Bomi:

Having work with General Buhari as head of state, I know he is not the type of  leader Nigeria need now. He has throw his chances away in 2003. He a good leader who belief in his own ability and really more on his people than any other part of the country. The case in question is the 96 suitcases in Kano airport during his tenure, the retirement of Captain Akinrinade, demotion of Captain Ebutu Ukiwe (Then Flag Officer Commanding Western Naval Command and a member of SMC). He single handed taking Nigeria to OIC. The behaviour of Nigeria leaders like Buhari call the unity of the country to questioning.
My people watch and pray for ALL our presidential gladiators has nothing to offer Nigerians. On is just sorry for after taking all the risk Nigeria will become a failed state as predicted by the all know super powers.    
You did not work with Buhari! If you did, you would have remembered he was not the one that took Nigeria to OIC.
The issue of suitcases has been debunked by who? guess? - Johnathan
So retiring people is now a crime. So which C-in-C did not retire people? Johnathan?
It was Babangida (on the instigation of Abacha who did not recognise Ukiwe as no 2) that forced Ukiwe out
In 1999, Obasanjo retired from office a lot of soldiers who had held political office. A lot of these were from the North. Did this action, which was justified anyway, call the unity of this country into question? BTW This is not an endorsement of Obj who gave away Bakassi.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by PastorOla1: 7:47pm On Dec 11, 2010
I pray that God In His infinte Mercy will Make Buhari the next of our great country Nigeria, IJN, Amen
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by BetaThings: 7:48pm On Dec 11, 2010
mikeansy:

I don't think a man who as a Soldier truncated democracy and still lacks the courage to appologise till this day has any moral right to lecture anyone else on democracy.
When will Rawlings apologise for bringing sanity into Ghana. I still believe that Shagari and co, by their conduct, invited a coup! Did you know how many innocent people were killed in their homes in Ibadan then because NPN wanted to take over the state at all costs?
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by Blazay(m): 7:53pm On Dec 11, 2010
mikeansy:

Gbam
Gbam
Gbamology!

Tell 'em bro.
Nigerians are soooooo daft I tellya. cheesy
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by Ifebazz(m): 8:10pm On Dec 11, 2010
So he's the one full of vision abi? When he was up there as a dictator what did he achieve?
cool coolOnce monkey wan form he go talk say he different from baboon but once inside he will start telling u he needs a second term to correct the anomaly past administrations of which he was and still is a part of. angry angry
mshewwww arab nonsense.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by Yorubah(m): 8:15pm On Dec 11, 2010
What the heck was he looking at before, he's just wanna play pranks and eat Nigerians again. No way!
Re: Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership by BetaThings: 8:51pm On Dec 11, 2010
Ifebazz:

So he's the one full of vision abi? When he was up there as a dictator what did he achieve?
cool coolOnce monkey wan form he go talk say he different from baboon but once inside he will start telling u he needs a second term to correct the anomaly past administrations of which he was and still is a part of. angry angry
mshewwww arab nonsense.

Yorubah:

What the heck was he looking at before, he's just wanna play pranks and eat Nigerians again. No way!

Tell me that perfect candidate that you have.
Clinton said that football followers study statistics to form opinions. Same happen when Nigerians discuss premiership. So why can we not apply the same principles to our politics

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aregbesola In Germany For Agric Talks / Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests / Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.