Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,827 members, 7,806,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts (43507 Views)

NAF Jet Evacuating 350 Nigerians Leaves Egypt For Abuja / Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? / South Africa Grants Landing Permit To Airline Evacuating Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by WuhanPerson: 4:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
Good day everyone,

I am a Nigerian student currently studying at one of Wuhan's universities. Due to privacy concerns i decided to open this account to describe the situation of Nigerians currently in Wuhan in the midst of the corona virus outbreak. This post was necessitated by the following false report attributed to our honorable Minister for information in the Nigerian media:

https://www.nairaland.com/5663594/16-nigerians-chinese-town-hit

1. Only 16 Nigerians in Wuhan?

The total number of Nigerians in Wuhan to my recollection currently stands at over 50 people. We have been able to coordinate ourselves, and support each other in this trying period.

2. We Don't want to leave?

This statement is the bone of contention, and has caused panic in the Wuhan Nigerian community. The Nigerian Population in Wuhan includes students, researchers, and Businessmen, many of whom are with their wives and children. These people are all at risk of getting infected each time they leave their place of residence to find food to eat or water to drink in a city that looks like a ghost town with supplies running out each day.

Right now countries that have successfully evacuated their citizens (South Korea, Kazakhstan, India, Jordan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Japan, Italy, Germany, Indonesia, etc.) have proven the possibility of evacuation without infection. So the question becomes why is our case different?

We are therefore pleading with the Nigerian government to please rescue us from this situation, as we are ready to appease their fears by:

1. Being tested and quarantined on arrival
2. Fund our travel expenses.

We are humans, people who are citizens of a great nation who do not deserve to be publicly sentenced to death by a country we are proud of.

Front Page please, and help us.

232 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by nakaman: 4:26pm On Feb 01, 2020
u never see anytin grin like you don't know Nigerian govt. they'll just abandon you to perish.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by upower123(m): 4:43pm On Feb 01, 2020
That is Nigeria for you... No plan.... Just talk and forgot.... By the time this news get to front page.... 2years...because no boobs...no snakes... Not A P C and P D P issues...na only God go fit help you...

129 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Nukilia: 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2020
Sorry about your experience! Nigerians in Wuhan should just try and survive during this period. Do not expect Buhari or anyone in his cabinet to come over to rescue you in China.

If anyone tries it, such a person will be victimized by the government of Nigeria. Use anointed handkerchief and anointing oil to dey rub your body..

Buhari no send you! undecided

123 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by helinues: 4:58pm On Feb 01, 2020
I do not think FG has any plans of evacuating Nigerians in Wuhan...

This is a dicey situation ooo

Seeing the picture below got me shiver

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by helinues: 5:03pm On Feb 01, 2020
nakaman:
u never see anytin

Try and be human even if you have a stone heart

246 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by NothingDoMe: 5:28pm On Feb 01, 2020
It is well

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Asquare84(m): 8:40pm On Feb 01, 2020
WuhanPerson:
Good day everyone,

I am a Nigerian student currently studying at one of Wuhan's universities. Due to privacy concerns i decided to open this account to describe the situation of Nigerians currently in Wuhan in the midst of the corona virus outbreak. This post was necessitated by the following false report attributed to our honorable Minister for information in the Nigerian media:

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/2/nigerians-in-chinese-city-affected-by-coronavirus-unwilling-to-return-home-lai-mohammed.html
https://www.thecable.ng/lai-nigerians-in-chinese-town-hit-by-coronavirus-unwilling-to-return-home

The total number of Nigerians in Wuhan to my recollection currently stands at over 50 people. We have been able to coordinate ourselves, and support each other in this trying period.

This statement is the bone of contention, and has caused panic in the Wuhan Nigerian community. The Nigerian Population in Wuhan includes students, researchers, and Businessmen, many of whom are with their wives and children. These people are all at risk of getting infected each time they leave their place of residence to find food to eat or water to drink in a city that looks like a ghost town with supplies running out each day.

Right now countries that have successfully evacuated their citizens (South Korea, Kazakhstan, India, Jordan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Japan, Italy, Germany, Indonesia, etc.) have proven the possibility of evacuation without infection. So the question becomes why is our case different?

We are therefore pleading with the Nigerian government to please rescue us from this situation, as we are ready to appease their fears by:

We are humans, people who are citizens of a great nation who do not deserve to be publicly sentenced to death by a country we are proud of.

Please knee down in presence of God ask him for forgiveness of sin and to avert this disaster from you and your families. Front page material please

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Gabson006: 9:20pm On Feb 01, 2020
Good

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 01, 2020
Once thing I regretted in this life is being a Nigerian

It will never be well with our wicked and evil leaders

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by FuckAllTheMODs: 9:21pm On Feb 01, 2020
O boy!

Wetin una dey find for that kind place, the name alone sef na something...

It's well, God is with you

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2020
May God safe and guide his people from this virus.

We are covered by the Blood of Jesus (This is only for those who believe in the precious Blood of the Lamb)

If not, may whatever you believe in protect you also.

God is Love!

Eazi1:
AMEN!
A Very Big Amen Mr Eazi!

Toyo dearie, hope you are safe and sound dearie.
May the Almighty Allah continue to be with you.
From all of us @[color=#006600][/color], Our prayers are with you and all Nigerians over there!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by starbuck(f): 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2020
I hope they listen

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by themonk(m): 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2020
Bro I feel you pain, I hope the Nigerian government does what is necessary to evacuate you guys. Stay strong bro and take all the necessary precautions to avoid getting infected.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by BrickDevo: 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2020
Firstly Nigeria is not a great nation,
Secondly you're not proud of your country cos if you're, you would have schooled in your country Nigeria, but i understand, cos i hate Nigeria too.

Nevertheless Nigeria is your motherland and you shouldn't be treated like a stranger.

But Nigeria is dead what a pity! The last time Nigerian lives abroad was in danger, Nigerian government couldn't evacuate them not even one, it was air peace that came to the rescue. So find a way and come back, just forget the useless government.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by omoadeleye(m): 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2020
I have not finished reading this post but seeing I'm Nigerian studying in Wuhan university, Baba, face your study and don't come home for now.... You can still leave Wuhan and enter another city in China...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by segebase(m): 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2020
Nice
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by SenorMcSlyl(m): 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2020
I pray for all Nigerians in Wuhan at this tym, I pray God protect you all and I pray our FGN gets the message, receive sense and act promptly as appropriate. Our prayers are with you. Cheers Beloved!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by ibietela2(m): 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
Well be waiting for your "GREAT NATION"

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
hahaha. Nigeria! I don't know if I have to laugh or cry o.

my brother Nigeria only love to claim very successful people. just like we were claiming Anthony Joshua few months ago

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Sylraph1: 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
Airpeace Airlines headed by MR ALLEN ONYEMA would have offered to airlift you guys....but the last time he did such thing,The Government came for him and almost pull him down and some ZOMBIES whose brothers were also airlifted supported the government.....

As for NIGERIA Government to come evacuate you guys,just don't even think of that cos its Never gonna happen.....

I wish you all well...
STAY SAFE...

100 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Blindersoff: 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
WuhanPerson:
Good day everyone,

Front Page please, and help us.

Anybody can claim to be anywhere. Show proof you are in Wuhan and not just writing a story making unverified claims.

I expected you to show proof of meetings or so called coordination taking place

If there is actual evidence to back up your claims with then it can be escalated and fast tracked

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by 9jamag(m): 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
Lord have mercy
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Ayemileto(m): 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
It is well.

You stated in your post that you're willing to fund your own travel expenses, in this case, isn't it possible for you to leave the affected region and catch a flight back to Nigeria?

At least, some Chinese who left the country for China will be returning back to Nigeria. I see no reason why they should prevent you from returning while allowing non Nigerians back.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by mozona(m): 9:24pm On Feb 01, 2020
ok

i hope say bubu hear this one cos nothing him go do

if u doubt me as the nigerians in south africa

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by Dannybammz: 9:24pm On Feb 01, 2020
Hmmnn
Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by madridguy(m): 9:24pm On Feb 01, 2020
Nigeria is zoo grin Nigeria is shit hole grin Nigeria is hell grin but now they want to return to the zoo and infect innocent people with corona abi na corolla virus.

God be with you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2020

Thanks for posting this!
Thanks for coming out to talk.
We believe something will be done before 48 hours ,
and for those that do not want to live just like some refused to leave SA when the government came for them, we wish them the best.

For those of you that are ready to come back home to our darling country.
Prepare your bags and boxes guys.
Keep yourself safe and sound for few hours more.
This is a proactive government, to most extent.
God bless Nigeria.

@the student, any information from the Nigerian embassy over there?
Do let us know.

Sylraph1:

As for NIGERIA Government to come evacuate you guys,just don't even think of that cos its Never gonna happen.....
So it was your Cownu and his rented bouncers that went to SOUTH AFRICA to evacuate Nigerians few months ago?!

Una wailers go just open mouth anyhow they talk rubbish sha.
Hatred for your country will not kill you guys one day, our prayers are with you.
Hatred kills faster than HIV, be guided!
We are sure the wall clock in your house is permanently at 8' O Clock twenty-four hours of the day!
Pathetic tin!

ccollins:
it seems a lot of people hate you on this forum
Yes, 4 people with 1356 different monikers on Nairaland (no exaggeration!) that support criminals and looters that raped and looted our nation for 16 years, that are now in severe pains that they cannot feed on stolen money anymore like usual, when they were told STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION!
They are also known as children of hate, perdition and frustration.

But, it's not about us @[/color] tho,
it is about their hatred for Our darling country.
And it is good to know that those who love our darling Daddy and our darling country are more than those who see themselves as animals that live in a zoo!
Over 15 Million Nigerians cannot be wrong!

Now you know them.
So don't be surprise anymore.
Dem no reach...NOURISH SUPER LOAVES! wink

Are you with them also collins,
let us know now now as e dey [color=#990000]hot!
Make we know maybe u sef go dey collect GBAS-GBOS or a warm hug, kisses kiss and respect from us.
Choose one NOW........and choose wisely! grin cheesy

Check our profile to learn more about us.......UNFUCKWITHABLE!!

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by olaolulazio(m): 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2020
Sorry bro...

The Lord will surely make a way.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by akiinzz: 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2020
This is a cry for help...I hope you ll be heard

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by SenorMcSlyl(m): 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2020
nakaman:
u never see anytin
Does your post make sense to you sir?... The least you can do is wish them safe. No human feeling, case reversed, how would you have felt with this response. Shame!!!

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts by judility(m): 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2020
Mmm, Nigeria Government please do Something,

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Beautiful Shades Of Lagos By Ambode Pictured By Kola Onifoto, A Naval Officer / Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA / Life In Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.