Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,343 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) (5356 Views)

Ezeoma Chiedozie: UNN Biochemistry Student Drowns At Adada Waterfall / Kano University Student Drowns While Swimming . - See Picture / DELSU Final Year Student Dies After Experiencing Severe Menstrual Pain (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by reechest: 7:19pm On Feb 01, 2020
As shared online, a student named Precious, a 400 student of Physiology lost his life in a River in Abraka named Okotie River..
More details dropping soon..

https://www.aprokorepublic.com/2020/02/01/breaking-black-saturday-as-delsu-lost-one-of-her-students-in-abraka-river/

Lalasticala
Mynd44
Ishilove

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by reechest: 7:20pm On Feb 01, 2020
Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by Dexpro: 7:29pm On Feb 01, 2020
May his soul rest in peace.

3 Likes

Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by Georgekyrian(m): 7:58pm On Feb 01, 2020
Sad!!
Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by mii4u(f): 8:06pm On Feb 01, 2020
May he rip... Pls stay away from rivers and pools if u can't swim.
Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by ollysaks: 8:28pm On Feb 01, 2020
That evil river Ethiope in Abraka,

kills mainly young men and in the dry season.
Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by Renforce: 8:40pm On Feb 01, 2020
The water looks so clear and shallow but jump in and you'd be sorry if you can't swim.
When I was young I had a close shave even though I could swim. That day I learnt there's a difference between swimming pool and a seemingly still and clear river with heavy under currents... R.I.P to the fellow!

8 Likes

Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 01, 2020
Sometimes, dem fit never die but who wan do mouth to mouth?

5 Likes

Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by CSTR2: 10:05pm On Feb 01, 2020
The ethiope has the fastest river currents in Nigeria.

Beware.
Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by Cheryph200(m): 10:22pm On Feb 01, 2020
God is great...
Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by ValCon888: 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2020
D
Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by crackhouse(m): 10:53pm On Feb 01, 2020
I am sure he's not aware that satchet of klin and canned malt is by his side now. That's the story of the dead.
Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by Tonyfx: 11:03pm On Feb 01, 2020
So sad
R.I.P
Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by Kylekent59: 11:45pm On Feb 01, 2020
Even if you are good at swimming, there are some rivers that would teach you a lesson. When the urge comes to swim, you will definitely remember the last scenario.

1 Like

Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by fratermathy(m): 12:22am On Feb 02, 2020
The river is not Okotie River. The name is River Ethiope. The death only occurred at a street called Okotie River Road which leads to the Ethiope River.

Students are always warned to stay away from the River Ethiope, especially if you are not in the presumed safety of beach guards in one of the many beaches and resorts around. This river is regarded by some as the deepest inland water way in Nigeria. The deceased went swimming in the open river where even professional swimmers dread due to its volatile water currents.

Rip to the deceased.

"Do not swim in rivers that you do not know or understand. If you must, do so in the company of those who are friends with the rivers". This statement applies to the notorious River Ethiope.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 02, 2020
Baba dun dey swell..RIP
Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by davillian(m): 12:39am On Feb 02, 2020
sad
I say this all the time
Pls if you don't know how to swim pls stay away from water abeg....
Even me way sabi swim self
I still take caution and follow the rules.....
But when muscle hook me last time
I know say no cha champion inside water

3 Likes

Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by Xavi2019: 1:49am On Feb 02, 2020
fratermathy:
The river is not Okotie River. The name is River Ethiope. The dead only occurred at a street called Okotie River Road which leads to the Ethiope River.

Students are always warned to stay away from the River Ethiope, especially if you are not in the presumed safety of beach guards in one of the many beaches and resorts around. This river is regarded by some as the deepest inland water way in Nigeria. The deceased went swimming in the open river where even professional swimmers dread due to its volatile water currents.

Rip to the deceased.

"Do not swim in rivers that you do not know or understand. If you must, do so in the company of those who are friends with the rivers". This statement applies to the notorious River Ethiope.

I remember when I got to Abraka for the first time, the first thing I was warned of was Ethiope River...
And during my stay there, I lost count of how many lives that river snatched.
I was told the river only " takes" strangers kiss
Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by Horlarmhe03(m): 3:11am On Feb 02, 2020
May your soul rest i peace�
Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by LordIsaac(m): 5:20am On Feb 02, 2020
Let's be content with the pleasure derived from taking our bath every morning too. You are not fish!

2 Likes

Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by Randy100: 5:48am On Feb 02, 2020
God should strenghten the family for loss.
Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by MVLOX(m): 6:27am On Feb 02, 2020
hmmm hmmm
Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by crossfm: 6:59am On Feb 02, 2020
R.I.P.As for me if water no da bucket I can't dip my legs into it.I can't come and kill myself.
Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 02, 2020
Take his picture away.. or blur his face

1 Like

Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by nairaman66(m): 9:02am On Feb 02, 2020
River Ethiope the mysterious river!
Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by Toria26: 9:15am On Feb 02, 2020
I'm Pleading with we all the Christians, I know we may be busy or distracted but let's be involved in something that can motivate and encourage our spiritual life and relationship with Christ, join this WhatsApp group, we experience Day time and Evening classes everyday. Send your number to 09068659049
God bless us.
Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by Aturitoroman: 9:47am On Feb 02, 2020
R.i.p so Sad

But na everytime this river they kill people undecided?
Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by ignis: 9:56am On Feb 02, 2020
Pathetic
Re: DELSU Final Year Student Drowns While Swimming(graphic photo) by jerrymsigwa: 10:04am On Feb 02, 2020
so sorry for that RIP

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairalanders In College/ University / Scholarship Opportunity For Polytechnic Students Only. / New Human Forms, Discovered In India.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.