Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Urgent !!!who Knows What Those White Tapes On Body Of Some Cars Are For - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Urgent !!!who Knows What Those White Tapes On Body Of Some Cars Are For (2894 Views)

This Cars Are Newly Arrived Car Check ... / Recommendation: Custom Officer Driver Needed To Deliver Some Cars. / Some Cars We Have Above A Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent !!!who Knows What Those White Tapes On Body Of Some Cars Are For by jacobjamie(m): 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2020
urgent !!!who knows what those white tapes on body of some cars are for (mostly on the handles,is it for design or to avoid scratches from ur nails while opening the car...mostly found on new or direct toks...
. I notice some Nigerians have started putting it on there cars even when its not new..what are they meant for?? Anyone with pics of a car with the white sticker should pls post it here .. ,...pls lets move this to front page ....some Nigerians and there mumu sense sha

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Urgent !!!who Knows What Those White Tapes On Body Of Some Cars Are For by SLAP44: 9:06pm On Feb 01, 2020
It's for "packaging" grin

7 Likes

Re: Urgent !!!who Knows What Those White Tapes On Body Of Some Cars Are For by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 01, 2020
They are forming "Brand New Cars"

2 Likes

Re: Urgent !!!who Knows What Those White Tapes On Body Of Some Cars Are For by lazinny(m): 10:05pm On Feb 01, 2020
Most annoying trend I've seen in while. I automatically loose respect for whoever has that nonsese

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Urgent !!!who Knows What Those White Tapes On Body Of Some Cars Are For by Hotfreez: 10:28pm On Feb 01, 2020
That white tape is the ID card of illiterates and those who can't afford new vehicles.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent !!!who Knows What Those White Tapes On Body Of Some Cars Are For by DaInferno(m): 10:43pm On Feb 01, 2020
that rubbish makes cars look like toys

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent !!!who Knows What Those White Tapes On Body Of Some Cars Are For by xreal: 10:45pm On Feb 01, 2020
lazinny:
Most annoying trend I've seen in while. I automatically loose respect for whoever has that nonsese

grin

Hotfreez:
That white tape is the ID card of illiterates and those who can't afford new vehicles.

Spot on.

latestmodel:
They are forming "Brand New Cars"

Forming to who?
It's Inferiority complex.

I hate to see that white paint mark.

5 Likes

Re: Urgent !!!who Knows What Those White Tapes On Body Of Some Cars Are For by illicit(m): 8:12am On Feb 02, 2020
It's a status symbol

1 Like

Re: Urgent !!!who Knows What Those White Tapes On Body Of Some Cars Are For by yemobrown(m): 9:08am On Feb 02, 2020
I see it as means of stealing finger prints.

I may be wrong. But I guard myself against it.

1 Like

Re: Urgent !!!who Knows What Those White Tapes On Body Of Some Cars Are For by ITbomb(m): 9:36am On Feb 02, 2020
Car dealers put it to avoid scratches during inspection by potential buyers and suppose to be removed after purchase

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent !!!who Knows What Those White Tapes On Body Of Some Cars Are For by jacobjamie(m): 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2020
jacobjamie:
urgent !!!who knows what those white tapes on body of some cars are for (mostly on the handles,is it for design or to avoid scratches from ur nails while opening the car...mostly found on new or direct toks...
. I notice some Nigerians have started putting it on there cars even when its not new..what are they meant for?? Anyone with pics of a car with the white sticker should pls post it here .. ,...pls lets move this to front page ....some Nigerians and there mumu sense sha
Re: Urgent !!!who Knows What Those White Tapes On Body Of Some Cars Are For by jacobjamie(m): 6:56pm On Feb 02, 2020
I have always thought and known it even without anyone telling me "its to avoid scratches when its still for sale "then when u buy it,its meant to be removed since am educated ..but some weeks back I went to buy a car for a friend in Lagos and the dude insisted he will buy those white stickers and put all over the car,this is also an educated dude * PHD holder we both work in a Federal University * I tried to explain to him what its meant for ,they kept arguing with me that its for decoration ..i was just surprised cuzz they both started asking other guys around and got a reply as same thing they taught...
. this same dude got a phone and the sticker and tag spec of the phone is still there for months ...they will buy a television and till keep the paper wraps and nilon cover and name on it

2 Likes

Re: Urgent !!!who Knows What Those White Tapes On Body Of Some Cars Are For by charcoal(m): 7:57pm On Feb 02, 2020
That is a marlian badge grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Urgent !!!who Knows What Those White Tapes On Body Of Some Cars Are For by Basher8583: 9:08pm On Feb 02, 2020
jacobjamie:
I have always thought and known it even without anyone telling me "its to avoid scratches when its still for sale "then when u buy it,its meant to be removed since am educated ..but some weeks back I went to buy a car for a friend in Lagos and the dude insisted he will buy those white stickers and put all over the car,this is also an educated dude * PHD holder we both work in a Federal University * I tried to explain to him what its meant for ,they kept arguing with me that its for decoration ..i was just surprised cuzz they both started asking other guys around and got a reply as same thing they taught...
. this same dude got a phone and the sticker and tag spec of the phone is still there for months ...they will buy a television and till keep the paper wraps and nilon cover and name on it

Lol. You are very funny but also factual.
Having an education and being educated are two different things.

You can be a PhD holder and still be an Illiterate.
Exposure plays a serious part in education as I have later found out.

Was in UK some time ago for a specialized training. The Facilitator, an Oyinbo man was really fantastic and amazed everyone with his level of intelligence both on the job and off the job. We later found out he was a secondary school dropout and never went back to further his education.
I really felt ashamed of myself that with all my degrees and masters I will one day have a secondary school drop out lecture and trully amaze me.
While on the flip side I have seen several PhD holders disappoint me while taking seminars. One would wonder if phds are being sold in the market. Alot of them are also on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Urgent !!!who Knows What Those White Tapes On Body Of Some Cars Are For by jacobjamie(m): 11:15pm On Feb 02, 2020
Basher8583:

Lol. You are very funny but also factual.
Having and education and being educated are two different things.

You can be a PhD holder and still be an Illiterate.
Exposure plays a serious part in education as I have later found out.

Was in UK some time ago for a specialized training. The Facilitator, an Oyinbo man was really fantastic and amazed everyone with his level of intelligence both on the job and off the job. We later found out he was a secondary school dropout and never went back to further his education.
I really felt ashamed of myself that with all my degrees and masters I will one day have a secondary school drop out lecture and trully amaze me.
While on the flip side I have seen several PhD holders disappoint me while taking seminars. One would wonder if phds are being sold in the market. Alot of them are also on Nairaland.
Someone will buy a brand new T.V set ,instead of unwrapping the Nilon and tag on the front of the TV ,they will use it that way for years lol..i wonder if they need it to be brand new forever or the tend to use it for 50 years nd re sale it again as brand new...same as a phone ...i just wonder the Idea ....now its Cars ...naija people sha ,they just need a good orientation of things ...just to let others know its brand new?

2 Likes

Re: Urgent !!!who Knows What Those White Tapes On Body Of Some Cars Are For by jacobjamie(m): 6:12pm On Dec 11, 2020
Things we do in this country is just so hilarious

(1) (Reply)

Perfectly Used Mercedez Benz C300 2008 Model. I'll Dash You For 2.4m / Sold out Clean Toks Peugeot 607 2004 @ Affordable Price / Naija Used 2008 Honda Civic For Sale 1.3m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.