Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) (139231 Views)

List Of States Where Okada And Keke Are Banned Or Restricted / Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? / Man Killed By Okada In Anambra Few Days To Okada Ban - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Neddstark: 8:39am On Feb 02, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
These keke people were a total and complete Nuisance. They constituted a whole lot of mess in Lagos.

Does Okada ride in Tokyo, Japan, Beijing, Berlin or New York?

Even, is Okada in Onitsha? Why would Okada be allowed in Ikeja the seat of government?

For those saying crime rate will increase, thats unless Lagos state government is clueless and stuppid. Sanwo Olu is smart though as far as I know and a very hardworking governor. You can deny this if you want... But the heavy volume of work going on Lagos roads speaks for itself.

Obiano the drunkard banned Okada in Anambra. Did heavens fall? Rochas even went to the extent of banning keke in the entire state. Did crime rate increase? Was okada not banned in Nnewi even with the rate of billionaire Okada importers from that axis? Did anybody die?

What most of you don't know is that Nigeriens, Chadians, Sudanese, Malians and Somalians took over South West without anybody knowing! It was gradual, crude and definite.... But they were almost succeeding before I believe Sanwo Olu stepped in. At a time, I was asking myself if there is no regulatory body managing these people in Lagos anymore.

They virtually took over Lagos with there stuppid, crazy and mannerless style of driving. They felt like Lords of the city and if you try to caution them, they will bow there heads in foolishness to thank you. But in there hearts, they were calling you Mumu after scratching your car.

What is Keke doing in Victoria Island? Who even brought this useless contraption to Nigeria? India that manufactures these nonsense made moves to regulate them.

Google Indian roads and see how organized keke driving is. But in Lagos, its madness! They will keep on creating multiple lanes that cause traffic, scratching peoples car with no mercy, hitting pedestrians with reckless abandon while using there Okada and useless keke to rob at night!

I ask again, is Lagos no longer a city? Why is there no Okada in Tokyo, Japan, Beijing, Berlin, Stuttgart, Dubai, Osaka, Chicago or New York?

Sanwo Olu if you are reading this, its not much about making these laws. Its about enacting and enforcing these laws! Enforce the ban and see sanity return to Lagos!

cc

If there was a good transport system, people wont use Okadas or kekes. The image taken was taken by someone from the comfort of his car not inconvenience of a bus. Lagos state has an explosive population of over 20 million people. The rickety buses or BRT is not enough to care for the transportation within Lagos. Unfortunately, this law will not stand long and we will fall into the same ditch again before the year end. Provide solutions, dont just make laws

6 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by voltron14: 8:39am On Feb 02, 2020
samtol4:
do you alternative jobs for the okada drivers ? Pray idle minds don't engage in crime for survival

For 18 years they gained no skill abi?
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by TheMan3: 8:40am On Feb 02, 2020
Tjah:
young man, everyone must not live in the city (Lagos) dia are areas were dese okada and Keke business still trives,dey can move over there please.
no they have the right to live everywere they please. And it's the government duty to ensure they do their business and live peacefully. Old man

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Vatod(m): 8:41am On Feb 02, 2020
Only if you can imagine other people have been jobless and lot of kids that will be on street, only for you to move freely!!! Our problem is not corruption but selfishness!!!
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by udemzyudex(m): 8:41am On Feb 02, 2020
Ttipsy:
theres nothing wrong with the comment.

if Onitsha can ban okada and other similar cities, how much more Lagos?? one of the urbanised and developed cities in the world

Oga if you have nothing reasonable to post pls shut up.

In Uyo the government ban Okada but keke is still operating, in Ikot ekpene okada can only ride from 6am-6pm.

Now tell me how many jobs sanwo Olu have created since he became the governor of Lagos state?
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by sisisioge: 8:42am On Feb 02, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
These keke people were a total and complete Nuisance. They constituted a whole lot of mess in Lagos.

Even, is Okada in Onitsha? Why would Okada be allowed in Ikeja the seat of government?

For those saying crime rate will increase, thats unless Lagos state government is clueless and stuppid. Sanwo Olu is smart though as far as I know and a very hardworking governor. You can deny this if you want... But the heavy volume of work going on Lagos roads speaks for itself.

Obiano the drunkard banned Okada in Anambra. Did heavens fall? Rochas even went to the extent of banning keke in the entire state. Did crime rate increase? Was okada not banned in Nnewi even with the rate of billionaire Okada importers from that axis? Did anybody die?

What most of you don't know is that Nigeriens, Chadians, Sudanese, Malians and Somalians took over South West without anybody knowing! It was gradual, crude and definite.... But they were almost succeeding before I believe Sanwo Olu stepped in. At a time, I was asking myself if there is no regulatory body managing these people in Lagos anymore.

They virtually took over Lagos with there stuppid, crazy and mannerless style of driving. They felt like Lords of the city and if you try to caution them, they will bow there heads in foolishness to thank you. But in there hearts, they were calling you Mumu after scratching your car.

What is Keke doing in Victoria Island? Who even brought this useless contraption to Nigeria? India that manufactures these nonsense made moves to regulate them.

Google Indian roads and see how organized keke driving is. But in Lagos, its madness! They will keep on creating multiple lanes that cause traffic, scratching peoples car with no mercy, hitting pedestrians with reckless abandon while using there Okada and useless keke to rob at night!

I ask again, is Lagos no longer a city? Why is there no Okada in Tokyo, Japan, Beijing, Berlin, Stuttgart, Dubai, Osaka, Chicago or New York?

Sanwo Olu if you are reading this, its not much about making these laws. Its about enacting and enforcing these laws! Enforce the ban and see sanity return to Lagos!

cc

Your long account spoken from the vantage point of a car owner is very nice, however, how do you suggest that people who don't own cars move from one point to the other? Those countries you quoted have very good transportation systems and law enforcers unlike us here.

If only the law enforcers on the roads have done their jobs instead of enabling the keke/okadas by collecting bribes at every infraction, we would have had them saner. Anyways, let's see how it pans out for every 10 others that don't have a car! Surely, something must give.
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 8:42am On Feb 02, 2020
I support decency bt I also don’t support ineffective and inefficient transport system. U want to copy a decent city thats great bt have u put in place the decent alternatives also or u just want to create chaos and hardship for everyone in the name of decency?

Decent cities also have enough effective and efficient transportation alternatives and options for its "SIZE”

We don’t have an efficient bus system or a rail system yet u ban what 60% of People use to commute.

I think this is grand stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by AfroKnight: 8:43am On Feb 02, 2020
dingbang:
Taxi business go dey boom for lagos. If you are wise, you will put your motor on the road in Lagos now.

If you mean yellow taxis, then I must tell you, Taxi can’t boom nothing.

Taxi rides are more expensive than Uber/taxify and are much less comfortable.

The day I saw carpenters (laden with tools and machines) order a ride on Uber to a site and back to their workshop I knew the era of yellow taxis was coming to an end. The Uber was a lot cheaper than whatever the yellow taxis would charge.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by voltron14: 8:43am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:
There are 91 million extremely poor people today in Nigeria. That's almost the population of West Africa, twice the population of South Africa and that's because of misgovernance. Instead of regulating them you come out and ban them and see if they won't survive . Does that make sense?

All they are guilty of is trying to survive in this same government induced poverty. no one will go and drive bike or Keke of they have a job .

What skill do they have other than bike riding?

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Ttipsy(f): 8:44am On Feb 02, 2020
udemzyudex:

Oga if you have nothing reasonable to post pls shut up.

In Uyo the government ban Okada but keke is still operating, in Ikot ekpene okada can only ride from 6am-6pm.

Now tell me how many jobs sanwo Olu have created since he became the governor of Lagos state?
i don't know if ur in pains about the ban.. but I just said what on my mind. get well soon
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by TheMan3: 8:44am On Feb 02, 2020
voltron14:

What skill do they have other than bike riding?
I have seen graduates riding bike in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by emerged01(m): 8:44am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:
you guys make a mistake of putting beauty of environment as priority as against humanity. What happens to the families of the millions that has just been rendered jobless by this small move? Do you know how many children that will drop out of school because of this?

Let's have love of humanity in our hearts first before anything. Nobody will love to do okada or Keke work everyday if they have jobs.

If we are to compare Lagos with Tokyo and newyork, does Lagos have well organised subway system? Are there functional high speed trains? What about monorails abd tamps? Are there jobs? What about social security, access to credit and business support system?

Bottom line, before the government brings a policy that will in one swoop render over a million people jobless, they should ensure the society is working.

These people are trying against all odds to put food of their table, and the same government that destroyed the society is still the same one opposing them. This Is sad.

Dont out beaty of the state before humanity.

I totally disagree with you. Security of life is at stake here. This is not about environment only,if they are allow to continue this way,You won’t know when boko haram will take over Lagos state, because if you witness how almanjiris are been moved with trucks from north down to Lagos to start okada you will talk about security and humanity not only humanity . If you are able to see how they sleep and bath at night you will know they should not be allow to stay in Lagos. I can only say sorry on behalf of the govt to those who have good intentions,God will provide another source of living.

3 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by sisisioge: 8:45am On Feb 02, 2020
Neddstark:

If there was a good transport system, people wont use Okadas or kekes. The image taken was taken by someone from the comfort of his car not inconvenience of a bus. Lagos state has an explosive population of over 20 million people. The rickety buses or BRT is not enough to care for the transportation within Lagos. Unfortunately, this law will not stand long and we will fall into the same ditch again before the year end. Provide solutions, dont just make laws

Thank you my brother! I wonder who his advisors were! Provide solutions, create an alternative before taking away the only reliable means of transportation for people! All the ones in support have their means of transportation... The other millions that dont have should start flying? How very inconsiderate!

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by majamajic(m): 8:45am On Feb 02, 2020
nanauju:
They should bring back Okada and men's in surulere /yaba axis o. It wasn't a funny experience this weekend at all
I wonder how the week when everyone is back to work will be

Yellow taxi and kabu kabu people are fully back at work now , for security of lagos it's a good move , thanks to the governor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 8:46am On Feb 02, 2020
Kinematics:
[s][/s]

Nonsense. In as much as I support this, because I wonder why a state like Lagos will still allow Okada on its roads in this 21st century. Dont make it sound like yorubas do not do okada/keke business as well.

Drop your comment without being tribalistic. Moreover what has the government put in place to reduce traffic jam in Lagos?
I may be wrong but I don't think I saw any tribal sentiments in his post

3 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by BruncleZuma: 8:46am On Feb 02, 2020
AngryIgboMan:

cc

You know the cities you just spilled on the ground have massive rail(metro) networks right, some of them high speed?.

And P.S theres no animal like an "organised" Indian road in any Indian city comparable to Lagos except you want to start counting villages and hamlets in India.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by TheMan3: 8:46am On Feb 02, 2020
emerged01:

I totally disagree with you. Security of life is at stake here. This is not about environment only,if they are allow to continue this way,You won’t know when boko haram will take over Lagos state, because if you witness how almanjiris are been moved with trucks from north down to Lagos to start okada you will talk about security and humanity not only humanity . If you are able to see how they sleep and bath at night you will know they should not be allow to stay in Lagos. I can only say sorry on behalf of the govt for those who have good intentions,God will provide another source of living.
what happened to regulating them? Almajiris have as much right to live in Lagos as you do. By the way I'm not from the north, but the truth has to be said.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by mfm04622: 8:47am On Feb 02, 2020
Larryd1987:

Amen to your prayers cos I can't imagine how tomorrow is going to be...I support the ban on Okada/bike though on highways but not Napep for heaven sake....Obalende to ikoyi, Obalende to CMS which the easiest and commonest mode if transportation are those Napep....or even from Ikeja to Opebi/Allen chaiiiii....God please bless my hustle too soon especially this period

Buses were plying those routes before Keke took over. There are even smaller buses that can ply those routes. Nature abhours vacuum. don't worry, investors will take over and do the needful

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 02, 2020
Belej2 pls reach me on this
Dami.ojo@yahoo.com
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by lagdmark(m): 8:48am On Feb 02, 2020
The Legos state government should also Ban MC Oluomo and all dem Agberos causing nuisance in the society terrorising commercial bus drivers.
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by voltron14: 8:48am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:
no they have the right to live everywere they please. And it's the government duty to ensure they do their business and live peacefully. Old man

No, that is not government's duty.

The government would determine the kind of business you can fo in a certain area if you meet set criteria.

The removal of Okada riders from our metropolitan roads are well received and applauded by most Lagosians.

I don't know your tribal origin but it would do well to open your homestead to as many Okada riders you can, as a show of support for their rights.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by udemzyudex(m): 8:48am On Feb 02, 2020
Ttipsy:
i don't know if ur in pains about the ban.. but I just said what on my mind. get well soon

After posting nonsense from the ill mind, they will end up calling it their opinion.

Sick opinion.
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Omolaiya: 8:48am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:
you guys make a mistake of putting beauty of environment as priority as against humanity. What happens to the families of the millions that has just been rendered jobless by this small move? Do you know how many children that will drop out of school because of this?

Let's have love of humanity in our hearts first before anything. Nobody will love to do okada or Keke work everyday if they have jobs.

If we are to compare Lagos with Tokyo and newyork, does Lagos have well organised subway system? Are there functional high speed trains? What about monorails and trams? Are there jobs? What about social security, access to credit and business support system?

Bottom line, before the government brings a policy that will in one swoop render over a million people jobless, they should ensure the society is working.

These people are trying against all odds to put food of their table, and the same government that destroyed the society is still the same one opposing them. This Is sad.

Dont put beauty of the state before humanity.

Does that mean we should allow the hausa, Nigerien, Malian and Chadi an to take over Lagos road with their reckless driving?...... I just laugh at you guys criticizing the Governor... Ganduje ban Okada rider in kano, heaven did not lose but when Lagos State did it, you start complaining...i bet you to go to each street in Lagos, you will see that it has been taken over by foreigners

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 8:48am On Feb 02, 2020
Larryfest:
Lagos will be a bit traffic free and decent.. Those bikes are nuisance to the road but they should have left keke at least push them to the garage for easy mobility.

It looks decent until monday morning then u will see swam of people under the bridges and littering the streets and bus tops looking for how to get to their destinations. Untold hardship, unemployment and crime. Then u will understand the consequences of decent stupidity.

Very useless and dumb government we have in Lagos rite now.
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by saajus: 8:49am On Feb 02, 2020
It's nice to see a beautiful city but I hope we are all ready for the increase in crime rate. We always put cart before the horse in this part of the world
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Neddstark: 8:49am On Feb 02, 2020
sisisioge:

Thank you my brother! I wonder who his advisors were! Provide solutions, create an alternative before taking away the only reliable means of transportation for people! All the ones in support have their means of transportation... The other millions that dont have should start flying? How very inconsiderate!

The advisors are inconsiderate bunch who all have their own vehicles and cannot relate to what the masses are going through. Opay bikes were making millions everyday because there is a traffic problem in Lagos. If the same business idea goes to the UK, it would be a massive failure.
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by pek(m): 8:49am On Feb 02, 2020
@AngryIgboMan, learn to differentiate there and their.
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by voltron14: 8:49am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:
I have seen graduates riding bike in Lagos

And I still ask if they never gained any skill over the years?
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by osayuwamwen(m): 8:49am On Feb 02, 2020
Am still surprised Keke and Okada still work in Lagos up till this time, this has been ban in the entire benin city almost 8 years ago

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Femeto: 8:50am On Feb 02, 2020
Okada would return b4 d election.

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Benwems(m): 8:51am On Feb 02, 2020
AngryIgboMan:

cc

You are a bastard for calling obiano a bastard. Can’t you useless Yoruba people leave igbos out of your foolishness?
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by voltron14: 8:51am On Feb 02, 2020
saajus:
I hope they are ready for the increase in crime rate.

You mean pickpockets?

Educate us on how they would operate because as far as we know, they cannot operate with Okada.

Smaller cities banned them and yet no spike in crimewave.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan / Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report? / Life In The Usa As A Student.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.