Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,094 members, 7,807,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word (255 Views)

Pastor Dies Of COVID-19 After Boasting Of Disobeying Govt Order On Gathering / 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 7:49am On Feb 02, 2020
In our day and age, I have noticed, and please correct me if I am wrong, that some people including Christians do not take God's commands or doctrines very seriously. Some people think that when the new covenant, the covenant of grace, came into effect, God stopped caring about doctrine. Some feel that doctrine is insignificant in the new covenant, only serving and loving God's people are what's important today.

Brethren, I am a firm believer that serving and loving God's people are important. However, obeying God's commands and doctrines are very important as well. In fact, not only are we going to be judged on our service to others, but we will also be judged on how faithful we are in following the Word of God.
. ....
“As for the person who hears my .words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day" (Jn. 12:47, 48)....

We will be judged on how faithful we are in following the Words of the Lord...,,. As you can tell, I am very concerned with the laid back attitude that some people have concerning the doctrines and commandments of God. Furthermore, I am also very concerned how some people are distorting the Scriptures to justify their own desired beliefs. Some people, instead of excepting and obeying God's specific teaching on a subject, manipulate or distort God's Word to support their own human views. The Bible on many occasions warns us not to distort truth.

My friends, we need to see that it is a very serious thing to distort God's Word.
[b]
(1)According to ( Gal. 1:9 ), people who distort the Word of God will be eternally condemned.

(2) According to ( 2 Pet. 2:1-3; 3:16 ), people who distort the Word of God will bring upon themselves destruction.

(3) We must never intentionally distort the Word of God to satisfy our human and worldly beliefs. If we do, we are jeopardizing our souls.

(4) If we distort or disobey a commandment of God, we commit sin ( 1 Jn. 3:4 ). And you know, as well as I know that sin is a very serious offense.

(5) When God gives us a command, we need to do our very best to follow it. We need to start taking God's commands more seriously. In the Bible, when people disobeyed God's instructions, they were punished.

a.Just because Adam & Eve ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, which God told them not to, death came to all people ( Gen. 3 ).

b. Just because Moses struck the rock instead of speaking to it like God told him too, he was not allowed to enter the Promised Land ( Num. 20:8-12 ).

c. Just because Nadab & Abihu offered an unauthorized fire while worshipping God, fire came down from the presence of the Lord and consumed them ( Lev. 10:1, 2 ).

d. Just because Ananias & Sapphira lied to the Holy Spirit and held back some money from a land deal, they both fell down and died ( Acts 5 ).[/b]

My dear brothers and sisters, we must start taking the commandments of God more seriously. Although we are living in new covenant of grace, we still must obey the Lord. We must revere the word's of our creator. We must obey the commands that even seem insignificant to us. I realize that none of us are perfect, and on occasions, we will make mistakes. But we must do every thing we can to faithfully obey the commands of God and not distort His Word.
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Darnleypedro22: 8:43am On Feb 02, 2020
ADEWUMIMichael:
In our day and age, I have noticed, and please correct me if I am wrong, that some people including Christians do not take God's commands or doctrines very seriously. Some people think that when the new covenant, the covenant of grace, came into effect, God stopped caring about doctrine. Some feel that doctrine is insignificant in the new covenant, only serving and loving God's people are what's important today.

Brethren, I am a firm believer that serving and loving God's people are important. However, obeying God's commands and doctrines are very important as well. In fact, not only are we going to be judged on our service to others, but we will also be judged on how faithful we are in following the Word of God.
. ....
“As for the person who hears my .words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day" (Jn. 12:47, 48)....

We will be judged on how faithful we are in following the Words of the Lord...,,. As you can tell, I am very concerned with the laid back attitude that some people have concerning the doctrines and commandments of God. Furthermore, I am also very concerned how some people are distorting the Scriptures to justify their own desired beliefs. Some people, instead of excepting and obeying God's specific teaching on a subject, manipulate or distort God's Word to support their own human views. The Bible on many occasions warns us not to distort truth.

My friends, we need to see that it is a very serious thing to distort God's Word.
[b]
(1)According to ( Gal. 1:9 ), people who distort the Word of God will be eternally condemned.

(2) According to ( 2 Pet. 2:1-3; 3:16 ), people who distort the Word of God will bring upon themselves destruction.

(3) We must never intentionally distort the Word of God to satisfy our human and worldly beliefs. If we do, we are jeopardizing our souls.

(4) If we distort or disobey a commandment of God, we commit sin ( 1 Jn. 3:4 ). And you know, as well as I know that sin is a very serious offense.

(5) When God gives us a command, we need to do our very best to follow it. We need to start taking God's commands more seriously. In the Bible, when people disobeyed God's instructions, they were punished.

a.Just because Adam & Eve ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, which God told them not to, death came to all people ( Gen. 3 ).

b. Just because Moses struck the rock instead of speaking to it like God told him too, he was not allowed to enter the Promised Land ( Num. 20:8-12 ).

c. Just because Nadab & Abihu offered an unauthorized fire while worshipping God, fire came down from the presence of the Lord and consumed them ( Lev. 10:1, 2 ).

d. Just because Ananias & Sapphira lied to the Holy Spirit and held back some money from a land deal, they both fell down and died ( Acts 5 ).[/b]

My dear brothers and sisters, we must start taking the commandments of God more seriously. Although we are living in new covenant of grace, we still must obey the Lord. We must revere the word's of our creator. We must obey the commands that even seem insignificant to us. I realize that none of us are perfect, and on occasions, we will make mistakes. But we must do every thing we can to faithfully obey the commands of God and not distort His Word.
Fvck God
Fvck God
Fvck God
Can you see the turmoil Nigeria is in? And you're here shouting God God like an idiott
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Fortissimo502: 8:58am On Feb 02, 2020
You're correct but please let's remember to interpret these scriptures in light of the finished work of Christ. For one, born again Christians are immune from God's wrath/punishment. Jesus already bore that on our behalf.

(1) (Reply)

CORONAVIRUS: Even Science Needs God — Uhuru Kenyatta / Why Can't 9ja Pastors Cure Coronavirus? / what i noticed about prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.