Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) (45331 Views)

10 Countries With The Largest Number Of Christians- Statisense / There Will Be No Christians In Nigeria In Next 25 Years – NCEF Warns / Christian Association Protests Against Killings Of Christians By Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by Dollabiz: 5:10pm On Feb 02, 2020
Hmmm
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by Onbami(m): 5:18pm On Feb 02, 2020
HacheNoire:
He should start the war.

Why is he telling us.

Afteral, he has the spiritual backing to spearhead a war.

And something must have ministered to him that his church members can defeat the Nigerian Armed Forces.

Atimes, one will wonder if this things we call men of God have brains.

Weerey dey your brain sha
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by tuskers: 5:19pm On Feb 02, 2020
HacheNoire:
He should start the war.

Why is he telling us.

And something must have ministered to him that his church members can defeat the Nigerian Armed Forces.

Oboy you're sick in your whole body
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by Chi133(f): 5:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
HacheNoire:
He should start the war.

Why is he telling us.

You're Stupid for that comment.

1 Like

Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by twistandspicy4u(m): 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarr
There is no war
And there can never war

you will never understand things of the sprit. no matter how open your eyes are.
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by bakescos01: 5:35pm On Feb 02, 2020
chicogentil:
Both MURIC and CAN should condemn killings of fellow Nigerians irrespective of their religions.

CAN us a Christian religious body that speaks for Christians in Nigeria and am sure Muslim have such body too that should speak against the killing of Muslims in Nigeria. It’s just normal for CAN to do and say what they are doing.
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by bakescos01: 5:41pm On Feb 02, 2020
Blindersoff:
Until Christians begin to condemn killings of Muslims and Muslims condemn killing of Christians in Nigeria, that is when we will realize we have been fools all along.

Muslims have been killed too but you do not see CAN condemning such.

Christians get killed and you do not see MURIC condemning same.

Why being at odds with each other even when we all know what is right to do.

Both Christians and Muslims have been targets but Paul only chooses to see Christians.

Where is the Love of God?

The major difference is that, we have heard the case of Leah Shuaibu and other Christians that this evil people want them to denounce there God and worship theirs but we haven’t seen the opposite of that. I mean a Muslim being kidnapped and forced to denounce Allah and take Jesus Christ as savior. We haven’t seen that yet. Haven’t said that, I feel Muslim leaders have the right to cry to the FG of Nigeria about the killing of Muslims in the country but they don’t feel really concerned about that and you can’t blame the CAN for being concerned about the killing of the Christians. The CAN represent Christian body and speak for Christians. If they speak for Muslim am sure we will hear other Muslims saying we don’t send them to speak for us and we are not complaining.
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by ernecy(m): 5:43pm On Feb 02, 2020
Arrewa:
Africans and hypocrisy...

Humanity is dead in Africa..

I'm very ashamed of our so called leaders...

Nigeria will never move forward until humanity comes first before religion

People are being killed on daily basis in Nigeria, people are being killed regardless of their religion and tribe...

Because of fanaticism and bigotry,a leader is condemning the killing of only Christians and calling it a call for war... While the Muslims are still being killed in this same Bokoharam scenario

Where is the humanity in Africa...
Why is hypocrisy eating deep into our continent...
Why are black people allowing religion to cloud their sense of judgment...

Don't bring that Islamic deception here. The number of Christians killed by Herdsman and BH is far more than Muslims. Just last month, 3 luxurious bus have been attacked in the NW, along Kaduna-zaria road, christains were separated and abducted, and the Muslims were asked to enter the vehicle and continue their journey. I know a man that managed to escape but his wife and kids were taken away. Muslims always play the victim and like there are vulnerable while they kill u. You all are in support of the systematic slaughter of Christians in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by JasonBoss: 5:44pm On Feb 02, 2020
HacheNoire:
He should start the war.

Why is he telling us.

Trash, Trash
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by Czartega(m): 5:48pm On Feb 02, 2020
totosucker:
Nobody can Islamize Nigeria. The church of Jesus will prevail and come out victorious

Why do you care? With a username like that
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by Corrections: 6:22pm On Feb 02, 2020
BluntBoy:

The primary target of Boko Haram is Western influences

Christians are not their primary targets. No religion has been spared by these mad people. Obviously, more Muslims have lost their lives than Christians.

Boko Haram is a terror group. It is not a Muslim group. Their motive is to spread terror.

When they bomb motor parks and markets, you think they were targeting anyone in particular? They were hiding under religion to spread terror.

If you think Christians are the primary targets, I want you to provide answers to these questions:

What is the ratio of prominent Muslims to Christians that have lost their lives to Boko Haram?

How many churches compared to mosques/central mosques have been bombed since 2011?

What is the ratio of Christians to Muslims in IDP camps?

YOUR COMMENT IS VERY FUNNY IT SEEMS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND
WHAT IS HAPPENING. LET ME TAKE MY TIME TO EXPLAIN TO YOU.

BOKOHARAM IS A MUSLIM QURAN INSPIRED TERROR GROUP!!

Now, take this as example OK?

Let say I have a property ( Christian ) and beside me is another persons
property ( Muslim ). On my property ( christian ) I decided to set up a gas
plant storage facility with houses. Now as the owner of the property
( Christian ) I decided to be CARELESS with the gas plant facility by carelessly
leaving it opened and unclosed at the same time setting up a a temporary
KITCHEN 5 feet beside the gas plant. Are u with me? Now, my neighbor
( Muslim ) whose property ( Muslim ) is beside mine seeing this TERRIBLE
CHARACTER / BEHAVIOUR of me ( Christian ) decided to advice/ warn of the
impeding disaster waiting to happen. I ( Christian ) replied the advice from my
neighbor ( Muslim ) by telling my neighbor ( Muslim ) to mind his own business
that my property ( Christianity religion permits me to do what I did ).
Now one day, fire explosion happened from my kitchen set up 5 feet beside the gas plant facility on my property ( christian ).

This fire was so serious that it extended to burning 30% of my neighbours ( Muslim ) property my neighbour
( Muslim ) was very bittered and unhappy that such happened to him despite
the fact that he had warned his neighbor ( Christian ) about his carelessness
severally but instead was insulted. Now this affected neighbour
( muslim )decided to confront the careless neighbor ( christian ) on the
damages done to his property by the FIRE he ( Christian ) carelessly IGNITED.

You know what the REPLY of the careless neighbour was ?... This was the
carelesss neighbours ( christian ) reply " why are you ( Muslim ) complaining? I
( christian ) had 90% of my property got burnt from the fire incident but you
(Muslim ) only had 30% of your property damaged. So you see my neighbour
( Muslim ), I (Christian ) got MORE AFFECTED than you ( Muslim).
NOW ...in reality, christians are the affected souls and all what the Muslims
who happened to have been the SOURCE (through religions believes and
ideology ) of the FIRE ( massacre ) could say is " both Muslims and Christians
are being killed. Moreover Muslims are more killed than Christians ".
HOW DOES THESE STATEMENTS MAKE SENSE TO ANY SANE PERSON?

Now, the normal things a sane person that knows his FAULTS would do is to:
* Apologies to his AFFECTED neighbour.
* The perpetrators get punished.
* Ensures that his affectected neighbours get JUSTICE. JUSTICE!! JUSTICE!!
* That sure never happens again
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by fynn12(f): 6:59pm On Feb 02, 2020
HacheNoire:
He should start the war.

Why is he telling us.

I know you were under the influence of something like a drug before you typed this
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2020
War of ignorance.

The situation is becoming hopeless, the division created by men has grown fangs and talons, the moronic concept of 'this god' and 'that god' has proven man stupidity to his face.

How can an intelligent beings be fighting over mere inherited concepts? How can a soul be so dull and narrow to an extent of killing because of religion? How can a thinking, an educated and a civilized mind take sides with any religion?

Aren't we all victims of brainwashing? Are we not all given a belief to believe? What makes a belief system superior or inferior if not the numbers of believers, and the eloquence of the defending morons. Tell me, how is that a prove of Truth? Or, is there any other proof for truth aside truth?

Which is the worst; mental death or physical death? Physical killing is just a fall-off from mental miscarriage; Boko Haram aren't better killer than any propagators of falsehood - Truth doesn't cause division.

Let's get rid of all dividing ideologies; racial or religious. The fact that we were born without prejudice is a confirmation that all partitions are man-made, an offspring of ignorance.

Is it not enough that death is awaiting all?
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by paparazi1(m): 7:19pm On Feb 02, 2020
HacheNoire:
He should start the war.

Why is he telling us.

Your talks are useless and silly, may the
Almighty God forgive you for describing the creation God as "this thing", The God called the God of mercy, is
also a God of consuming fire, don"t blame anyone if you are suddenly consumed by mysterious fire.
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by Kenontop: 7:46pm On Feb 02, 2020
HacheNoire:
He should start the war.

Why is he telling us.

You want to bring incurable curse upon your life and generations to come. May God forgive you and if you don't repeant what u want will come upon you.
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by Princelyon247(m): 8:44pm On Feb 02, 2020
HacheNoire:
He should start the war.

Why is he telling us.

U are indeed a fool
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by Princelyon247(m): 8:47pm On Feb 02, 2020
owukpa:
Dr. Paul Enenche, the Senior Pastor of Dunamis International Gospel Centre, DIGC, has bemoaned what he described as war of attrition going on in Nigeria.
The fiery preacher during a communion service in the church on Wednesday, decried the level of insecurity in Nigeria, particularly the killings of Christians by those he described as anti-Christ.

Speaking on the topic, There is War and monitored by IDOMA VOICE, Enenche, a trained medical doctor, lamented the abduction and eventual murder of Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Chairman in Michika, Adamawa State, Rev. Lawan Andimi by Boko Haram insurgents.

He also faulted some Christians who have decided to look the other way because of material things they tend to get from government of the day.

He challenged other Christians to rise up and condemn the atrocities going on in the nation with the aim of Islamizing the country.

He said, “When there is prolonged conflict that has the aim of gradually reducing the strength or effectiveness of the ones you are fighting and weary them into submission, it is called attrition.
“There is war in our nation. Whether anybody would agree or not, it’s a matter of either deception or wickedness. But there is war.

“It is a war between evil and good. War between light and darkness. A war between those who love life and those who love death. The war between truth and lie. War between goodness and wickedness, love and hate. War between Christ and anti-Christ. But the anti-Christ is not permitted to function while the church is on earth
“There are those burying their heads and pretending as is if nothing is happening. Unfortunately, there so many Christians, who maybe for the sake of salary or what to eat are defending killers.
“Between Christmas and now, I’m sure you must have read of how many persons have been killed in the north east. Unfortunately, the media is reporting not reporting it.
“You are aware of how can chairman in Michika was abducted, killed and decapitated this year.

“But I tell, not under our watch will Nigeria be Islamize.”

Full video of his text below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V7dX2zl62s

source>>>>> http://www.idomavoice.com/2020/02/there-is-war-dr-paul-enenche-condemns-killings-of-christians-in-nigeria.html

God save us
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 02, 2020
Christians need to pick up arms and defend themselves since the government does not care about your security and well being. Time is running out. You need to do it and do it now or else you'll become history. Rise and pick up arms in defense of your people. A word is enough for the wise!
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by ifiokjohn(m): 10:59pm On Feb 02, 2020
Blindersoff:

His comments show what is in his heart.

The scriptures he quoted speak of a spiritual war but somehow he turned it to a physical war.

God cannot be mocked.

I am a Christian myself and will not allow a man whose hatred is making him interpret scripture wrongly lead me to offend God.

Enenche is wrong in totality and he will go to his closet later and seek forgiveness from God while you would still be running with his wrong message and offending God with the hatred in your heart.

Many of you are being rebellious to the word of God because these so called men of God ended up wrongly interpreting scriptures from.their place of hatred.

1 Samuel 15:23 says and I quote "Rebellion is as sinful as witchcraft".

Keep on allowing them to lead you to sin. Just know that both you and Enenche will stand before the same God to be judged. God will not say he will forgive you because of Enenche. You had your own access to the real truth from the word of God but rather chose to be drawn away by your own lusts into sin simply because you also harboured bitterness and resentment for the same people as he does

Anything against Buhari is wrong to you. continue.
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by Empiree: 1:06am On Feb 03, 2020
owukpa:
Dr. Paul Enenche, the Senior Pastor of Dunamis International Gospel Centre, DIGC, has bemoaned what he described as war of attrition going on in Nigeria.

“You are aware of how can chairman in Michika was abducted, killed and decapitated this year.

“But I tell, not under our watch will Nigeria be Islamize.”

Full video of his text below.

source>>>>> http://www.idomavoice.com/2020/02/there-is-war-dr-paul-enenche-condemns-killings-of-christians-in-nigeria.html

Did this modaphucking pastor read CAN manifesto?.

Let me post a copy. In case you can't see it properly let me write at least 4 deadly statements made by Nigerian CHRISTIANs headed by RCCG in the 90s.

They said:

Pray for quick destruction of Saudi prince Khalid.

Pray for quick death of king Fahd

Pray for destruction of Muslims little by little

Pray for destruction of Mecca and Kaaba

If anyone needs copies of CHRISTIAN TERROR MANIFESTO that was Published in 1994 in Ibadan, let me know and I will post all 15 pages I have. Your pastors have committed evil plots in Nigeria back in the 90s. They prayed for chaos and deaths in the Nigeria and around the world.

This bullshit pastor is talking as if only Christians are the victims

Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by mutvy: 1:12am On Feb 03, 2020
It shall not be well with Paul Enenche and other Christians that are lying that only Christians are being killed mean while,you people can start your crusade and stop crying wolf. This threat of war is too much.Just take the bull by the horn and start your crusade.Bunch of unfortunate idiots.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by Niorte: 1:53am On Feb 03, 2020
HacheNoire:
He should start the war.

Why is he telling us.

Somebody said you are dumb, and 554 like his post. Only 35 people liked your post. So I guess you can see your post is a reflection of who you are...really dumb
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by Niorte: 1:56am On Feb 03, 2020
mutvy:
It shall not be well with Paul Enenche and other Christians that are lying that only Christians are being killed mean while,you people can start your crusade and stop crying wolf. This threat of war is too much.Just take the bull by the horn and start your crusade.Bunch of unfortunate idiots.
Woe betide you for cursing a man of God!
Quick to hear, slow to speak says the word of God. May the God of Paul Eneche visit you
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by paperless1: 2:42am On Feb 03, 2020
Prior 2015, We saw, had fears and warned against islamization and ethnitisation agenda. But
many ignored, called us names and supported the course. But just five years down the line, the realty has dawn on the then supporters, they are now calling for protest march.
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by paperless1: 2:43am On Feb 03, 2020
Prior 2015, We saw, had fears and warned against islamization and ethnitisation agenda. But
many ignored, called us names and supported 1 course. But just five years down the line, the realty has dawn on the then supporters, they are now calling for protest march.
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by Empiree: 5:11am On Feb 03, 2020
mutvy:
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by Empiree: 5:18am On Feb 03, 2020
paperless1:
many ignored, called us names and supported the course. But just five years down the line, the realty has dawn on the then supporters, they are now calling for protest march.
Guy, do you know that in christian terror manifestor, number 15 reads:

* Pray that by the year 2000, Nigeria will be dominated by we christians

What do you call this?. Is this not agenda to christianize Nigeria?. There are more nasty statements in their christian terror manifesto. If you want more I will tell you more. Your Pastors are terrorists including Oyedepo, Adeboye, TB Joshua, Kumuyi, Bakare and this nutjob you called "man of God".

1 Like

Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by Farki: 5:34am On Feb 03, 2020
post=86312675:

Again,
It is a very dangerous thing to talk about men of God in such manner.
If you don't believe any man of God,
simply leave them to God.
(The Holy Bible tells us this)
It is never in our hand or place to curse or castigate them.
Again, it is highly dangerous.

Take a cue from the below....

To the 3 of you and your fellow evil and corruption supporters,
Becareful what you say about men of God.
These are not your average celebrities you type trash about on a daily basis.
Watch your mouth.

It is dangerous!!

We pity them also

UPDATE : Walking the walk for a better and more better Nigeria.......

Nuff Said!
We Rise!!

Anyone can put on a suit and claim to speak for God, as long as he claims such people blindly follow regardless of what he says is true.
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by orisa37: 6:36am On Feb 03, 2020
We don't have Government in NIGERIA
Re: ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) by BluntBoy(m): 6:58am On Feb 03, 2020
Corrections:

YOUR COMMENT IS VERY FUNNY IT SEEMS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND
WHAT IS HAPPENING. LET ME TAKE MY TIME TO EXPLAIN TO YOU.

BOKOHARAM IS A MUSLIM QURAN INSPIRED TERROR GROUP!!

Now, take this as example OK?

Let say I have a property ( Christian ) and beside me is another persons
property ( Muslim ). On my property ( christian ) I decided to set up a gas
plant storage facility with houses. Now as the owner of the property
( Christian ) I decided to be CARELESS with the gas plant facility by carelessly
leaving it opened and unclosed at the same time setting up a a temporary
KITCHEN 5 feet beside the gas plant. Are u with me? Now, my neighbor
( Muslim ) whose property ( Muslim ) is beside mine seeing this TERRIBLE
CHARACTER / BEHAVIOUR of me ( Christian ) decided to advice/ warn of the
impeding disaster waiting to happen. I ( Christian ) replied the advice from my
neighbor ( Muslim ) by telling my neighbor ( Muslim ) to mind his own business
that my property ( Christianity religion permits me to do what I did ).
Now one day, fire explosion happened from my kitchen set up 5 feet beside the gas plant facility on my property ( christian ).

This fire was so serious that it extended to burning 30% of my neighbours ( Muslim ) property my neighbour
( Muslim ) was very bittered and unhappy that such happened to him despite
the fact that he had warned his neighbor ( Christian ) about his carelessness
severally but instead was insulted. Now this affected neighbour
( muslim )decided to confront the careless neighbor ( christian ) on the
damages done to his property by the FIRE he ( Christian ) carelessly IGNITED.

You know what the REPLY of the careless neighbour was ?... This was the
carelesss neighbours ( christian ) reply " why are you ( Muslim ) complaining? I
( christian ) had 90% of my property got burnt from the fire incident but you
(Muslim ) only had 30% of your property damaged. So you see my neighbour
( Muslim ), I (Christian ) got MORE AFFECTED than you ( Muslim).
NOW ...in reality, christians are the affected souls and all what the Muslims
who happened to have been the SOURCE (through religions believes and
ideology ) of the FIRE ( massacre ) could say is " both Muslims and Christians
are being killed. Moreover Muslims are more killed than Christians ".
HOW DOES THESE STATEMENTS MAKE SENSE TO ANY SANE PERSON?

Now, the normal things a sane person that knows his FAULTS would do is to:
* Apologies to his AFFECTED neighbour.
* The perpetrators get punished.
* Ensures that his affectected neighbours get JUSTICE. JUSTICE!! JUSTICE!!
* That sure never happens again

You need to apologize for making this wrong analogy.

First of all, your analogy does not make a case for the Muslims who are not fanatical but who are suffering for the crimes of the fanatical ones.

In your analogy, the Christian's carelessness caused an inferno that destroyed relatively more of his properties than that of the Muslim.

But in the case of Boko Haram, the malaise was not caused by the carelessness of the good Muslims.

Maybe you don't know it. But, when Boko Haram started off by spreading teachings that many imams were uncomfortable with, many messages were sent to the authorities concerning the sect (Boko Haram)

Prior to the clashes, many local Muslim leaders and at least one military official had warned the Nigerian authorities about the Boko Haram sect. Those warnings were reportedly ignored.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/aug/02/nigeria-boko-haram-islamist-sect

How can you then accuse these good Muslims of carelessness? They were vigilant and as soon as they began to get wind of the disastrous activities of the sect which went contrary to the teachings in the Quran, they alerted the authorities who failed to do anything.

Your analogy is thus very wrong and off point. The Muslim leaders were not careless. They were vigilant but the government of the day (under Yar'Adua) failed them.

Many of you Christians have not even bothered to read up on the history of Boko Haram. You all make misinformed judgement and lump all Muslims together under one umbrella. This is very unfair.

You say it is a Muslim Quran inspired terrorist group. But what about The Lord Resistance Army which is a Christian Bible inspired terrorist group in Uganda?

What about The Army of God , a Christian Bible inspired terrorist group in the United States?

What about TheNational Liberation Front of Tripura a Christian Bible inspired terrorist group operating in India?

And there is the deadly Anti-balaka, a Christian terrorist group killing Muslims in Central African Republic. These people have even cut up pregnant women simply because they were Muslims. Now, imagine a new generation of Muslims in Central African Republic calling all Christians killers simply because of the madness of the Anti-balaka in Central African Republic. How would you feel as a peace loving Christian?

Only uneducated people stereotype or make unfounded generalizations.

Even the Bible can inspire violence. It depends on how you read it.

Jesus said:

Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. (Matthew 10:34)

Any misinformed person can use this verse to create violence. Jesus is the foundation of our faith. He says He has not come to bring peace but war. Would it be fair if someone now concludes that Jesus was a violent person and which would mean that Christianity should be violent?

No! Only someone who takes this verse literally would make the mistake of inciting violence using that verse.

Think of Boko Haram members as misguided people who take every word in the Quran out of context or who read meanings to word literally rather than figuratively.

For instance, when Jesus dared the hypocrites to destroy the temple and that He would build it in 3 days, they thought he was talking about the temple. They didn't know that He was talking about His own body.

So, that someone or some people are inspired by the Quran to commit atrocities does not mean that the Quran supports their atrocities. They read the Quran literally and ended up doing the opposite of what it teaches.

If a Christian is inspired by Jesus's instructions to get a sword:

and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. (Luke 22:36)

How is that the fault of the Bible? The Christian failed to consider the context in which the instruction was made.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Biodun Fatoyinbo: A Pastor With So Much Swags / SCOAN Names Evelyn Joshua As New Leader / Bishop Oyedepo Curses Jeremiah Omolara's Killers (Winners’ Chapel Pastor Kaduna)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.