Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. (12227 Views)

My Adventure Into Rice Farming (Photos and videos) / Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month / How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by blackjack21(m): 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2020
ikelords:

hope you had a wonderful yield and
how many hecters were you able to cultivate?
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ikelords(m): 5:59pm On Jul 02, 2020
blackjack21:

Hello sir, hope that you fine.
I have a question: few day from now I will be traveling to accompany a friend of mine to help work and learn on his rice farm, he asked me to buy him a plant spray because he thought it might be cheaper where I'm coming from. but I can't get my head around the name he gave me- "fose up", said it sold 15k in his location.

I'm only familiar with names like "z force" for example, maybe he meant "force up"?

any pointers, please.
force up is a non selective herbicide, that contain an active ingredient called glyphospate. It is used to kill weeds. There are so many other non selective herbicide in the market like flysate, uproot, sunsate etc.
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by blackjack21(m): 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2020
ikelords:
force up is a non selective herbicide, that contain an active ingredient called glyphospate. It is used to kill weeds. There are so many other non selective herbicide in the market like flysate, uproot, sunsate etc.

thanks man.
do you know the price for force up?
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ikelords(m): 9:12pm On Jul 02, 2020
blackjack21:

thanks man.
do you know the price for force up?
I don't know the price of forceup but I used something similar which I bought before covid 19, it was sold for 10,800 for a carton which have 12 pcs inside. The current price of non selective herbicide now should be 11,200 for a carton.
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by willybaby(m): 11:07pm On Jul 02, 2020
ikelords:
I don't know the price of forceup but I used something similar which I bought before covid 19, it was sold for 10,800 for a carton which have 12 pcs inside. The current price of non selective herbicide now should be 11,200 for a carton.
I bought a carton of RAKEOUT for 16000 2 weeks back was shocked when I heard the price I guess Corona caused it as usual
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by blackjack21(m): 7:52pm On Jul 04, 2020
ikelords:

thanks. just bought a carton @ 15,600.
thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ikelords(m): 7:54am On Jul 18, 2020
To those who read sweet and fancy post on nairaland about agriculture, E no easy at all o! It requires your strength, time and finance, but all the same it is fun, because there a whole lot to learn.

3 Likes

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by Frezhkid10(m): 9:25am On Jul 18, 2020
ikelords:
To those who read sweet and fancy post on nairaland about agriculture, E no easy at all o! It requires your strength, time and finance, but all the same it is fun, because there a whole lot to learn.
..have u planted ur rice??
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ikelords(m): 9:37am On Jul 18, 2020
Frezhkid10:
..have u planted ur rice??
planting now.. Already covered the first 3 hectares and presently planting the remaining 8 hectares. Our Target is to harvest during dry season between October and November.

1 Like

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by Nezy4Real(m): 11:35am On Jul 18, 2020
ikelords:
planting now.. Already covered the first 3 hectares and presently planting the remaining 8 hectares. Our Target is to harvest during dry season between October and November.

Pls sir like how much does it cost you to cultivate rice per hectare? planning on planting rice next season. THANK YOU.
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by willybaby(m): 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2020
ikelords:
exactly sir, it's not easy but it's fun and fulfilling
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by Frezhkid10(m): 3:30pm On Jul 18, 2020
ikelords:
..okay..with food security poverty will be a thing of the past in this country...
And for those trying to discourage OP from farming..if everyone venture into the secondary aspect of production...who will now provide the input of your secondary production??..The best way of doing business is for you to take over the complete production cycle,from farming to distribution..Ask dangote why he decided to venture into production of cement instead continuing to import and rebag??..

2 Likes

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ikelords(m): 7:17am On Jul 19, 2020
Nezy4Real:

Pls sir like how much does it cost you to cultivate rice per hectare? planning on planting rice next season. THANK YOU.
The amount for farming a hectare of rice differs across different states and locality, I would say just budget like 130k for a hectare.
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by Nezy4Real(m): 8:05am On Jul 19, 2020
ikelords:
The amount for farming a hectare of rice differs across different states and locality, I would say just budget like 130k for a hectare.

Alright. But does this include cost of labour and the rest like herbicides for weed control?
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ikelords(m): 8:23am On Jul 19, 2020
Nezy4Real:

Alright. But does this include cost of labour and the rest like herbicides for weed control?
Yes.
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by NAGR: 11:04am On Jul 19, 2020
Do you sell herbal or agricultural-related products?

Take advantage of the opportunity to register on *https://community.agrobeam.com/* and upload your products to
have an online presence and connect with millions of buyers globally.

Also buyers can click on *www.agrobeam.com* to browse through, compare and select from a list of products of interest.

Be a part of the Online Agricultural Community.

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by Farouq94(m): 8:55am On Jul 20, 2020
ikelords:

Interesting thread. I’m an amateur rice farmer myself. Rice farming is very lucrative, and there are a lot of farmers that cultivate, mill and brand their own rice. So you’re justified to look into primary production.

Do you mind sharing the breakdown of your costs? I see that you’re direct seeding, we usually transplant in my location.

I find that land preparation/harvesting takes the bulk of the costs.

1 Like

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ikelords(m): 2:38pm On Jul 22, 2020
I visited my first farm, 2.5 hectares to see how my rice seedlings are doing and behold they are already above 5 inches off the ground.

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by Exmilitant(m): 3:55pm On Jul 22, 2020
I was following this thread happily until one bitter and confused soul named Atlanticfire crept in and started discouraging some passionate fellows on here. I have a palm estate in Cross River state Akamkpa that pays me 3.8 million naira every 30th July! So, OP, Pay no heed to that demon named Atlanticfire, FARMING CAN MAKE YOU A BILLIONAIRE!!!

1 Like

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ikelords(m): 7:30pm On Jul 22, 2020
Exmilitant:
I was following this thread happily until one bitter and confused soul named Atlanticfire crept in and started discouraging some passionate fellows on here. I have a palm estate in Cross River state Akamkpa that pays me 3.8 million naira every 30th July! So, OP, Pay no heed to that demon named Atlanticfire, FARMING CAN MAKE YOU A BILLIONAIRE!!!
pls it haven't gotten to that extent of using derogatory words on people, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.

You are really making alot of money from your palm estate, do you process to oil or you sell outrightly ?

3 Likes

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by Exmilitant(m): 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2020
ikelords:
pls it haven't gotten to that extent of using derogatory words on people, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.

You are really making alot of money from your palm estate, do you process to oil or you sell outrightly ?

I rent the entire plantation out anually. That guy was just too annoying.
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by Atlanticfire: 11:24am On Jul 23, 2020
Exmilitant:

When do you hope to grow up and realise that everyone is entitled to his opinion?

How many billionaire farmers in Nigeria can you name that made their billions through farming.

I don't blame you, if the police had done their job and locked you up for your criminal militant activities, you would not have had the opportunity to come online to insult people.
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by mutfad: 11:20am On Aug 05, 2020
Updates please@ OP
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by KfashionHubb: 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2020
ikelords:
@1 tonne a hectare yield and 700kg white rice . I don't think you can break even
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by Mrkellz: 8:50pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nezy4Real:

Very impossible
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by blackjack21(m): 8:29am On Aug 06, 2020
KfashionHubb:

@1 tonne a hectare yield and 700kg white rice . I don't think you can break even

average yield in Nigeria is 3 tonnes per hectare.
with excellent practice 5 tonnes.
if you get anything below 2tonnes it would mean your agricultural practices is poor.
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ikelords(m): 8:51am On Aug 06, 2020
KfashionHubb:

The question that was asked is how many kg of white rice can be gotten from a tonne of rice paddy
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ikelords(m): 8:56am On Aug 06, 2020
blackjack21:

average yield in Nigeria is 3 tonnes per hectare.
with excellent practice 5 tonnes.
if you get anything below 2tonnes it would mean your agricultural practices is poor.
Having a yeild of 3 tons per hectare is already a big loss. The least yeild should be 4 ton/hectare, I have seen 7 ton per hectare with good agricultural practice.
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by tonee1: 11:54am On Aug 06, 2020
ikelords:
I visited my first farm, 2.5 hectares to see how my rice seedlings are doing and behold they are already above 5 inches off the ground.

Nice to see that u have finally started bro.... Kudos bro
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by blackjack21(m): 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
ikelords:
Having a yeild of 3 tons per hectare is already a big loss. The least yeild should be 4 ton/hectare, I have seen 7 ton per hectare with good agricultural practice.

my estimate is if it were in raining season and without the cost of irrigation.
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ikelords(m): 4:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
My first 2.5 ha will be 1 month on the 12th of August.. Application of selective herbicide, pesticide and fertilizer loading.

The pesticide will be applied first and after 3 days, the selective herbicide will follow suite and then fertilizer after one week. Everything is going as planned just that rain have refused to fall in anambra state for some days ....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Local Name For "Black Seed" ? / How To Successfully Rear Local Chickens/fowls For Money / How Much Do Day Old Chicks Cost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.