Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,411 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. (12246 Views)

My Adventure Into Rice Farming (Photos and videos) / Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month / How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by Kachifo3: 7:10am On Sep 08, 2020
ikelords:
what's the name of the rice mill and where is the location in anambra?

coscharis igabriam
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by adamubk(m): 7:43am On Sep 08, 2020
If interested I can supply you rice.....cash and carry, interested should WhatsApp me @ 07038508064
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ikelords(m): 10:22am On Sep 26, 2020
Preparing for harvest in less than a month time.

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by bizinvestment(m): 9:33pm On Sep 26, 2020
Pls OP,im interested in supplies of rice,can we chat on watsapp?

ikelords:
Sometime in 2019 I made up my mind to go into rice business of which, I started by buying processed rice from mills, print my own bags and bagged it then supplied it to markets in one of the big cities in the south east, the profit margin was cool but the time it took for me to recover my money from those I supplied discouraged me, so I pursed and restrategized on how to benefit greatly from the rice value chain in Nigeria.
Shortly after I stopped supplying already milled rice, Buhari closed the border and rice business started booming, I started receiving calls from those my customers to supply them rice that they will pay cash, I didnt mind them at all because I have made up my mind to quit begging people to pay me for goods I supplied them. Around December 2019 I made up my mind that I will be going into rice farming proper.
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ikelords(m): 9:43pm On Sep 26, 2020
bizinvestment:
Pls OP,im interested in supplies of rice,can we chat on watsapp?

drop your whatapp number, I will chat you up
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by bizinvestment(m): 6:44pm On Sep 27, 2020
ikelords:
drop your whatapp number, I will chat you up

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ChidiForChrist(m): 11:47pm On Sep 27, 2020
I also farm and supply rice from the South East.
I just finished harvesting my first round and hope to plant and harvest a second round before rain stops.
Rice farming is wonderful.
It's not always a gain gain as the current price is not homely.

Nonetheless it's great to feed the Nation!

Which state do you farm in OP?
Do you intend processing or selling off immediately after harvest?

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ikelords(m): 2:04pm On Sep 28, 2020
ChidiForChrist:
I just finished harvesting my first round and hope to plant and harvest a second round before rain stops.

Whaoo ... That's cool, seems you planted around June, My rice farm is in Anambra state, awka north axis. Can you drop your whatapp number so I can chat you up.
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ChidiForChrist(m): 2:09am On Sep 30, 2020
Whaoo ... That's cool, seems you planted around June, My rice farm is in Anambra state, awka north axis. Can you drop your whatapp number so I can chat you up.

I planted on the first week of May.
Are they good swamps for planting rice in Awka?
I soled some of my rice today at the State Rice mill industry. Abakaliki. and sent to some of my customers outside the state too.
I'll be glad to chat with you!

1 Like

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by olaleo(m): 7:01pm On Oct 02, 2020
interesting.....
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by 4words: 8:28pm On Oct 02, 2020
ChidiForChrist:

Did you just say the current price of rice is not high enough, even at 30k per bag.. you people should just kill us.

You want to make cut throat profit.

2 Likes

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by yungchop: 1:44am On Oct 03, 2020
Hello guys... I just finished serving and I'll like to go into rice planting. I'm currently in Jigawa state.
For an acre will 200k be enough?? Plus would you mind if you give me the break down of gradual expenditures like
Estimated cost of fertilizer, seed, chemicals, labor, irrigation and co... Thanks... I need to write a proposal to convince the person that wants to give me a loan

1 Like

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by enyi1: 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2020
ikelords:
The day we measured the land
Please where did you get the equipment you used to measure the land? I'm also trying to lease some farm land too?
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ikelords(m): 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2020
enyi1:

Please where did you get the equipment you used to measure the land? I'm also trying to lease some farm land too?
I paid my cousin who is a geologist to use his device for the land measurement.
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ikelords(m): 12:54pm On Oct 03, 2020
yungchop:
Hello guys... I just finished serving and I'll like to go into rice planting. I'm currently in Jigawa state.
For an acre will 200k be enough?? Plus would you mind if you give me the break down of gradual expenditures like
Estimated cost of fertilizer, seed, chemicals, labor, irrigation and co... Thanks... I need to write a proposal to convince the person that wants to give me a loan

Rough estimation for what your are to spend on 1 hectare are as follows

Rice seed: 150kg..... 45,000
Fertilizer(npk) 3 bags ...... 16,500
Urea...... 2 bags........... 18,000
Non selective herbicide. 1&half carton.. 20,000
Pesticide......... 6000
Selective herbicide ( optional) .. 7000
Land lease........... 25,000
Tractorization ....... 16,000
Labour
Transportation?
Harvesting and threshing..... 40,000

I didn't add labour and transportation because it dosent have a fixed amount and sometime you can save money by doing most or some of the farm work yourself.

1 Like

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ChidiForChrist(m): 5:48pm On Oct 03, 2020
Did you just say the current price of rice is not high enough, even at 30k per bag.. you people should just kill us.

30k per bag?
That's too much!

The problem of high cost of food is with the middle men who buy at giveaway prices and give you at costly prices. Not farmers who most times don't even make high profit.
But 30k for a bag is too much.

I can sell sweet home grown rice to you at cheaper rates of 19-22k per bag. Where ever you are in Nigeria.

For your sweet rice @ sweet prices
09078907083 WhatsApp

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by yungchop: 7:04pm On Oct 03, 2020
ikelords:

Pesticide......... 6000
Labour
Transportation?

I didn't add labour and transportation because it dosent have a fixed amount and sometime you can save money by doing most or some of the farm work yourself.

May God bless you abundantly bro

2 Likes

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ikelords(m): 7:05am On Oct 29, 2020
Incase you wondering why I haven't been updating the thread I have been harvesting my rice. I have already sent this to the mill, parboiling will commence today.

6 Likes

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by bizzibodi(m): 6:19pm On Oct 29, 2020
ikelords:

Pesticide......... 6000
Labour
Transportation?

This Tractorization is cheap in yo side oo!
How much is a price of paddy now?
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by jades5050(m): 8:07pm On Oct 29, 2020
ikelords:
Incase you wondering why I haven't been updating the thread I have been harvesting my rice. I have already sent this to the mill, parboiling will commence today.
Great job you really try on this
Please I will like to know the yield while harvesting before milling and after mill
I will also like to learn from you thanks

1 Like

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by giftiy(m): 11:46pm On Oct 29, 2020
ikelords:
So I and my friend started making contacts on how to start farming rice, the people we met refused to teach us, a lot of promise and fail, God so kind I came in contact with a relation of mine who is a fadama facilitator and lucky enough he was well grounded in rice farming and have numerous contacts of rice farmers in the south east, I and my friend was linked to a youth leader in one rice farming village who helped us sourced for land at the rate of 1k for a chain and 25k for a hectare ( 25 chains make up a hectare) we paid for 10 hectares.
Bro Nice one but it is 16 chains that makes up a hectare. A chain is 22 yards × 22yards.
Which side of Anambra
Omor,Omasi or Igbariam?
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by konews: 4:16pm On Nov 30, 2020
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by busmagnate: 8:24pm On Nov 30, 2020
Exmilitant:
I was following this thread happily until one bitter and confused soul named Atlanticfire crept in and started discouraging some passionate fellows on here. I have a palm estate in Cross River state Akamkpa that pays me 3.8 million naira every 30th July! So, OP, Pay no heed to that demon named Atlanticfire, FARMING CAN MAKE YOU A BILLIONAIRE!!!

Boss how do I contact you please
I have sent you a mail already
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by Exmilitant(m): 9:26pm On Nov 30, 2020
busmagnate:

Boss how do I contact you please I have sent you a mail already
What exactly is your concern?
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by IRIENBOY(m): 7:46am On Dec 01, 2020
Nice
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by obi1000(m): 9:40am On Dec 21, 2020
If you need supply of local paddy rice contact me on WhatsApp 08140076142, we source the rice directly from local farmers directly in Niger state.
Contact me on WhatsApp 08140076142.
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by saliubello(m): 8:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
ikelords:
The reason for buying farm inputs early is because it is cheaper now, when buying during farming season the price is usually very high.
Good
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by king4afric(m): 9:57am On Dec 22, 2020
Ikelord am really happy for you and well done
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by klbakare(m): 2:01am On Dec 28, 2020
4words:

Something is definitely wrong with them bruh. Been understudying Nigerian Agriculture for a while now
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by obi1000(m): 10:08am On Dec 28, 2020
Local paddy rice always available for pickup, call 08140076142, or WhatsApp
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by Lonestar124: 6:21am On Oct 17, 2021
ikelords:
So I and my friend started making contacts on how to start farming rice, the people we met refused to teach us, a lot of promise and fail, God so kind I came in contact with a relation of mine who is a fadama facilitator and lucky enough he was well grounded in rice farming and have numerous contacts of rice farmers in the south east, I and my friend was linked to a youth leader in one rice farming village who helped us sourced for land at the rate of 1k for a chain and 25k for a hectare ( 25 chains make up a hectare) we paid for 10 hectares.
Good morning, plus I want to know, do you lease or buy one hectare of land for 25k?
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by Kachifo3: 11:39am On Dec 12, 2021
you can't lease a hectare of land 25k in any farming communities in Anambra State..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much Do Day Old Chicks Cost? / My Thoughts For 2016 / How To Successfully Rear Local Chickens/fowls For Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.