Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,702 members, 7,805,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress (57517 Views)

"How Kidnappers Used My 12-year-old Son As Collateral To Buy Two Bags Of Rice – / Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan / ‘I Only Used My Fingers’; Man Arrested For Raping Girl In Delta State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by abuhusna1: 11:45am On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:
I don't know if this is the right section.. Please lala, your help is needed.

Just this morning, I got a debit alert from AlieXpress and was wondering how possible. I thought it must be a problem with Aliexpress since I do shop there.. As i was trying to get to support, I got another debit alert, and yet another.

I had to block the atm through my bank app. I tried looking for my atm and it was nowhere to be found.

It dawns on me that I've lost my atm and someone is shopping with it. Now my question is, is it possible to recover my money through my bank, possibly trace the transaction and know who did it?
It's possible your bank will help you recover the money from master or visa card if it's not you who did shopping with it. It happened to me sometimes in Nigeria and gtb refunded my money which was 25 dollars. But in western world within a week u get your money back but Nigeria it will be around 40 days

1 Like

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by osato45: 11:45am On Feb 02, 2020
Search online for codes which your bank provides to its customers to block atm cards.

1 Like

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Afrikween(f): 11:45am On Feb 02, 2020
Someone, who knows you very well did that.... if you have a girlfriend or wife or sister or brother ask them...especially your wife, girlfriend or sister.
Danhoys:

Just this morning, I got a debit alert from AlieXpress and was wondering how possible. I thought it must be a problem with Aliexpress since I do shop there.. As i was trying to get to support, I got another debit alert, and yet another.

I had to block the atm through my bank app. I tried looking for my atm and it was nowhere to be found.

It dawns on me that I've lost my atm and someone is shopping with it. Now my question is, is it possible to recover my money through my bank, possibly trace the transaction and know who did it?

1 Like

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by olaboy33(m): 11:46am On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

Be wary of the friends you keep..
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by LOVEGINO(m): 11:46am On Feb 02, 2020
Jephz:
I don't knw the possibilities...but ..but..... contact your bank now now....they knws best... contact your bank and AliExpress support sharply bros ... now now.....now now
Na normal na. U dey learn work cool
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 02, 2020
But seriously how is that possible? I thought OTP code to your phone number is required for confirmation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Jabioro: 11:47am On Feb 02, 2020
This how an idiot used my ATM on fliutwave..
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

... I taught online transactions are completed with an OTP on ur registered line....

1 Like

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Sanchez01: 11:47am On Feb 02, 2020
dominique:
I'm afraid you can't get your money bank from your bank, let's hope the shopping platform respond before it's too late
She just needs to file a fraud claim on Aliexpress and that's it. She'd be asked to upload some parts of the card as prrof of ownership.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Oreofe20: 11:48am On Feb 02, 2020
Firstly you shop on that same site,
Secondly you cant find your atm card so bank are not reliable..
Only thing you can do is to contact the Aliexpress to cancel the order and reverse the money....
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Compliant(m): 11:49am On Feb 02, 2020
Goto aliexpress and lodge complain.

They will look into it and stop shipping to the person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Youngstar76(m): 11:49am On Feb 02, 2020
How come? Maybe the person knows your pin. And the person is a close buddy to u.
But how did the transaction go through without OTP verification? I suspect the person also has access to your email.
I'll advise you call up your bank customer care, message AliExpress ASAP.
Also make a police report and email the EFCC.
Change the password of the email linked to your account and change your mobile banking password as well.

Get your mieny back, put some effort on getting the person. Get him and Sue the hell outta him.

TERABYTE TECH can do that for your through online traces that he most have left on the time he accessed AliExpress like location, time, browser, ip, device type, etc - which can lead to getting info about the criminal.

5 Likes

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by shevon: 11:49am On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

You should have gotten notification about the transaction 3-4days before the actual debit. If what you got was a debit alert, I can only suggest you take the issue to your bank, they should be able to contact Aliexpress. But if it is the transanction notification (just like in the image I attached here) you will get your money back without hassles, just let your bank know you didn't carry out the transactions, they'll investigate and release the blocked funds to you.
I wish you all the best.

5 Likes

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Eze2000(m): 11:49am On Feb 02, 2020
dominique:
I'm afraid you can't get your money bank from your bank, let's hope the shopping platform respond before it's too late

Wrong!

Speaking from experience

1 Like

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 02, 2020
These people should use OTP even common Jumia uses it or is it because it is an international shipping platform.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by greggng: 11:51am On Feb 02, 2020
dominique:

I love women but I am afraid 80 percent of them are careless. Just yesterday one withdrew money with her atm card and forgot it on the machine. She just took the money and left ...I was trying to insert mine , it couldn't enter ...,so I had to run after her to notify her....she just came back without even saying thank you ....keep butting chewing gum like professional Olosho . They will board public transport , they most left something behind....either a bag full of their expired pants or make up ....I pity the kind of children such careless people will give birth to

11 Likes

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by ibinaboonline: 11:52am On Feb 02, 2020
Going to have a bit of a tough time explaining to your bank because even if said card was stolen, you still need OTP not to talk of your card PIN to transact with it. How did the thief manage with all that? How long has the card been missing? Ma you sabi o
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by AgentNairaland(f): 11:52am On Feb 02, 2020
Sorry about that... Inform EFCC
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by verde: 11:52am On Feb 02, 2020
Just go to your bank and fill a dispute form

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Mosesoly(m): 11:54am On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

Op don't lose hope, you can get your money back, same thing happened to me last December, I was debited close to 90k on wish. Com, some one snapped my ATm card, all I did was sent series of mail to Wish support, and my account details to prove ownership, I got my money back, you can still get yours, just hope the Item hasn't been shipped, but your bank can't do anything, cos it has left your account already, contact Ali express

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by ibinaboonline: 11:55am On Feb 02, 2020
I've never used aliexpress but I'm sure they use OTP. Wish is international but they use OTP. Ordinary VTU with First bank card and you'll be getting several OTPs that even tire me.
Ausrichie:
These people should use OTP even common Jumia uses it or is it because it is an international shipping platform.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by eddycliff(m): 11:55am On Feb 02, 2020
Fresh Aliexpress carding method 2020
��

Am sure ur card is not verified by visa or Mastercard
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Oluwaphemite(m): 11:55am On Feb 02, 2020
ignis:
Report to your bank and Ali Express. They will be able to refund your money and cancel the transaction.
You could also report to security agencies like the police and EFCC so that they can track the culprit with the help of ali Express
Police may take more than 60k for investigation, you dig?
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Mariantus: 11:56am On Feb 02, 2020
Okuda:

dont mislead him. if he cintacts aliexpress support they can possible help him by blocking the transaction. it takes 24hrs to verify payment on that platform. thats enougj time for something to be done.
Get in touch with Ali Express show Dem proof.. you can even get the destination address from them to help you catch the culprit....

2 Likes

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by idonhammer: 11:56am On Feb 02, 2020
Only stingy and low spenders Carry ATM card upandan... Heavy spenders roll with raw Cash. I got no time for ATM bullshit. Cash is always available in my pigeonhole and boot ready for spending.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 02, 2020
ibinaboonline:
I've never used aliexpress but I'm sure they use OTP. Wish is international but they use OTP. Ordinary VTU with First bank card and you'll be getting several OTPs that even tire me.
Then wetin op dey talk abi the person steal her phone join ah. Me when I lost my ATM I no even vex self na Verve wetin concern me.

3 Likes

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by ignis: 11:57am On Feb 02, 2020
Oluwaphemite:

Police may take more than 60k for investigation, you dig?

Not true
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Jephz(m): 11:58am On Feb 02, 2020
udemzyudex:

It over possible, that's why it is good to always protect your card,the person needs just 3 things.

The expire date, the card number and the 3 numbers at the back.

Some sites won't even ask for confirmation.
I knw it's very possible..what I'm saying is I'm not sure if it will be possible for him to get his money back if he doesn't act fast .....last year same happened to my sis ..over 70k... but she reported immediately...I think about 50 something was returned after like 2 months
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 02, 2020
op please which bank are you using,that don't even have OTP security?
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by landon(m): 11:59am On Feb 02, 2020
contact your bank. the money is still in escrow and i'm sure it hasn't been settled yet. they'll cancel the transaction and return your money to you.
someone must have opened an account in your name because aliexpress typically declines cards whose details are at variance with the aliexpress account info.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Eze2000(m): 12:00pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

You will get your money complete. Do this...

1, Block that card ASAP
2. Go to the bank first thing Monday morning and file a complaint. Time is of essence.
3. You will notice the money has already been deducted from your account but not quite. It's still there as avaliable balance. Check your email. It will be so for about 30 days as your bank sorts things over with Aliexpress following your complaint and then it will return as your actual balance

Been in your shoes before

2 Likes

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Codes151(m): 12:01pm On Feb 02, 2020
Ok!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lagos Maths Teacher Sending Nude Photos & Videos To 14-Year-Old Student Arrested / Two Thieves Burnt To Death At Coker Express, Lagos (Graphic Pictures) / See The Nasty Stab Guy Got For Defending His Sister Against Abusive Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.