Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress (57542 Views)

"How Kidnappers Used My 12-year-old Son As Collateral To Buy Two Bags Of Rice – / Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan / ‘I Only Used My Fingers’; Man Arrested For Raping Girl In Delta State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by anataala: 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2020
Place call to your bank to block your card, that one is instantly and then write a complaint and submit by Monday
Danhoys:

I am currently on it.. If not that today is Sunday, I would have been in the bank by now. They are yet to reply my messages in all their social handles..
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Shancca: 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:
I don't know if this is the right section.. Please lala, your help is needed.

Just this morning, I got a debit alert from AlieXpress and was wondering how possible. I thought it must be a problem with Aliexpress since I do shop there.. As i was trying to get to support, I got another debit alert, and yet another.

I had to block the atm through my bank app. I tried looking for my atm and it was nowhere to be found.

It dawns on me that I've lost my atm and someone is shopping with it. Now my question is, is it possible to recover my money through my bank, possibly trace the transaction and know who did it?

I am sorry this happened to you. I am not sure you are guaranteed a refund of your stolen money as Nigerian banks are useless and unable to protect their customers. They are only interested in making profits in a fluttering economy like Nigeria’s.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by YipadaGadgets1: 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2020
Go to your bank to seek request on the details of the order.

With the Order details, approach AliExpress customer support and seek to know the profile/account that made the order.

You may want to find some substantial proof to claim ownership of the card
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by bodyloveghetto(m): 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
Jephz:
I don't knw the possibilities...but ..but..... contact your bank now now....they knws best... contact your bank and AliExpress support sharply bros ... now now.....now now

If the hacker/person is shopping with your card through aliexpress, best is to contact aliexpress today or first thing in the morning , their time difference should be 10pm tonight so make it your priority tonight , they can easily refund whatever purchase the person ordered from their website and stop the items from being shipped or if shipped already ask the courier for a return, moving forward from that they will resolute the purchase to REFUND and that will take 10 working day (should be in your account in 3 working days though depending on your financial institute) , your bank can't do anything right now and might need to file complaint (Nigerian banks ain't good at that). Your best choice/option is to contact aliexpress right away and get a swift response from them concerning this situation.

Best of luck though
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by udemzyudex(m): 3:42pm On Feb 02, 2020
BrainArk:

I think card pin is also required... noticed quickteller don't send otp code again for transactions to be confirmed, don't know if it is because I saved my atm details on their site and use it regularly.

Ok.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by choicesam(m): 3:45pm On Feb 02, 2020
@ Op, since you said you can't find the card, that means someone close to you might have changed your OTP phone number via Atm, cos you were supposed to receive confirmation.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Fumiex(f): 3:50pm On Feb 02, 2020
If you have a girlfriend or a brother or a friend, then they are the suspect in this matter
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by WeRblessed(f): 3:51pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

Just this morning, I got a debit alert from AlieXpress and was wondering how possible. I thought it must be a problem with Aliexpress since I do shop there.. As i was trying to get to support, I got another debit alert, and yet another.

I had to block the atm through my bank app. I tried looking for my atm and it was nowhere to be found.

It dawns on me that I've lost my atm and someone is shopping with it. Now my question is, is it possible to recover my money through my bank, possibly trace the transaction and know who did it?

Contact Aliexpress quickly and let them know that your debit card has been fraudulently used to order stuffs from the website. Cancel the order and find out the name of the person using your card
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by executive12: 3:55pm On Feb 02, 2020
kllinxman:
Something is telling me that the OP is nursing the idea of using someone's card to shop online, but wants to know how safe he will be after the act....

That's an interesting angle there.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by mabea: 4:03pm On Feb 02, 2020
Kobicove:
If your ATM card went missing without you knowing it most likely means that it was stolen by someone who is close to you undecided

Not always the case. I had twice forgot my card at the ATM
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2020
The same thing happened to me, someone debited my account along with the money my dad sent to me, u know what my dad said he called me a beast. I reported to the bank, had my atm card blocked, the bank's cashier said i should come on the 15th that they will refund the money and rectify the issue, because of this i can transfer money.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Ijawwomaninoyo: 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2020
Skseries:
Why is anyone not asking why bank doesn't send OTP for aliexpress transaction. That's scary

It seems they do that if you are transacting with the merchant for the 1st time{my experience}. You will be given an alert to confirm or cancel in 4 days, if you do neither, they carry out the transaction.
So, seems they assume you trust the merchant by dealing with him, so the other transactions are instant debit.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by dapadawee: 4:21pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

quickly contact Ali Express before a delivery is made the message you receive too as debit pls don't delete it and act fast
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by PS4shoprite: 4:27pm On Feb 02, 2020
dominique:

Ok that's a relief. let's hope the goods have not been processed and shipped yet

U don calm down now as sensible person don educate u...but u been dey run ur mouth on top wetin u no sabi...

Idiot..!!
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Coolcalmcollect(m): 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2020
that's why I don't have my name imprinted on my ATM cards....jusy bring it nameless like dat.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Fucklove(m): 4:30pm On Feb 02, 2020
Seun,Puskin,dominique,FOD,Naijacutee

I was banned by antispam bot in the Business section for posting a bookie name sporty in the betting thread. Please i appeal for reversal of the ban as the post is of no harm. Thanks and Kind regards cool
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Raylight2(m): 4:43pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

so someone used my brother's ATM to play 9ja bet. 15k lost. no response from the bank
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by kingofthemall: 4:45pm On Feb 02, 2020
post=86310246:

Make sure you go to your bank first thing tomorrow's morning and explain what transpired to them.
(Ask for the department or persons in charge of ATM related issue).

You have taken the first and necessary step by blocking your ATM Card.

Fraudsters are all around us, even in your homes.
The change we seek for as a nation begins with us as the citizens!
Wicked humans everywhere!
Shame!

Password not needed in every transaction.

What they need most times is the expire date, the card number and the 3 Security numbers at the back.

Atimes, authentication via email or sms
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Buzx: 4:53pm On Feb 02, 2020
dominique:

Ok that's a relief. let's hope the goods have not been processed and shipped yet

Didn't you get an OTP or something from your phone. Aliexpress always send OTP to authenticate the transaction. I suspect someone close to did this and got the OTP from your phone to complete the transaction.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Ijawwomaninoyo: 4:56pm On Feb 02, 2020
executive12:

To upload some parts of the card (that is missing)? How can he do that when he does not have the card with him?

The details of the card upon registration is with the bank. Some banks ask you to hold the card and snap you with it.
When he complains officially, the bank can help him out.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by bankolefun(m): 5:05pm On Feb 02, 2020
same thing happened to me last week Tues...
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by amaifehenry(m): 5:08pm On Feb 02, 2020
I work with Nipost. This kind of things happen. Sorry bro. U still have an option though. Contact Aliexpress immediately. Make a formal complaint, you will be asked to put your Card details. Then they will use the tracking number to tell u the name, and address of the buyer. But due to security reasons and customer privacy they may be a bit difficult
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by blessedvisky(m): 5:10pm On Feb 02, 2020
Kobicove:
If your ATM card went missing without you knowing it most likely means that it was stolen by someone who is close to you undecided

I wonder why nobody said this. This is the very first thing he should have realised
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by electromagnito: 5:11pm On Feb 02, 2020
Oga block your card... ali express cant send you the address of the buyer... customer privacy, even EFCC will need a court order to get that kind info,plus if the money taken from your account is less than 100k.... no one gives a Bleep.....
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Dollabiz: 5:12pm On Feb 02, 2020
How come
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by electromagnito: 5:14pm On Feb 02, 2020
Danhoys:

look suspicious... na yyyou steal the card but you want get info... i hate rubbish
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 02, 2020
Contact your bank asap and take it up from there.
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Hisduchess(f): 5:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
Dexter247:
It's easy to use any mastercard on AliExpress.... wink

I think because they don't do verification like visa.i have been making purchases on AliExpress with only my access bank Visa card.is just that sometimes it starts giving me small small trouble
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Hisduchess(f): 5:28pm On Feb 02, 2020
Buzx:

Didn't you get an OTP or something from your phone. Aliexpress always send OTP to authenticate the transaction. I suspect someone close to did this and got the OTP from your phone to complete the transaction.

MasterCard no dey do am nah only Visa dey do am from personal experience on AliExpress
Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by Olam09(m): 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
You may misplace the atm card cause right now a theif don't need your atm password again all the need is the card for example if they can even see the front and back pics of the atm card omo sapa don catch your money be that it's just a warning to people that careless about their atm cards

Re: Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress by TruthSpeaker: 6:00pm On Feb 02, 2020
Techbrity:

Wow.. That's sad. My bank just replied to my mail. They requested I contact the merchant and have the order canceled or to wait for 30 days for a possible reversal. But till then, I should forward my account details to confirm my ATM has been blocked.

CONGRATS, I’M REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU. NOW IT WILL BE NICE TO FIND OUT THE CULPRIT TO AVOID BEING A VICTIM FOR A SECOND TIME.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See The Nasty Stab Guy Got For Defending His Sister Against Abusive Boyfriend / Girl Who Was Kidnapped At A Party In Port-Harcourt, Found After 4 Years. Photo / Man Killed As Eiye And Aiye Cultists Clash In Ikorodu (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.