Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Anti-atheism In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-atheism In Nigeria (7911 Views)

Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria / My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. / 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Tamaratonye1(f): 11:59am On Feb 02, 2020
When you are exposing a scam; the nastiest responses you get are not from the people perpetrating the scam. The perpetrators just want you to go away quietly. Ironically, the nastiest responses come from the current victims of the scam.

Unfortunately we are born ignorant with a willingness to believe anything and learn from those who come before us. When those before us believe in magic woo woo, then we grow to believe in the same bullshit.

Because religion is anti intellectual, anti science and anti reason, it helps keeps people ignorant , dogmatic, closed minded ,bigoted and hateful. It is no coincidence that religiosity is highest in places with high levels of poverty and ignorance (as in lack of eduction). You don't HAVE to be poor, ignorant and stupid to be a believer, but it's certainly an advantage.

Atheists don't get much sympathy here in Nigeria, I've observed.....except that this is changing, as I believe that the Internet has acted to make places a lot less insular and, perhaps, more open-minded.

There is a sense that Atheists are--somehow--this enemy of religion, and that we have no morality or ethics.

I usually treat religion as a taboo subject at work (as it should be), as there are people who will vandalize your car or treat you like you have bubonic plague.

As an Atheist, I can't be trusted around children, I have a mission in life to turn people away from God, I have an interest in furthering the homosexual agenda, and I don't deserve to call myself a real human being.

Another question occurs to me: How is forcing people into church to fix suicidal tendencies any different than faith healing? Or, for that matter, exorcism?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by kunleweb: 12:01pm On Feb 02, 2020
S
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Bluezy13(m): 12:18pm On Feb 02, 2020
Hmmm...

Perhaps, those who understand your question (s) will give you answers.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by 1Sharon(f): 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2020
OP seems pissed off. It's understandable lol

2 Likes

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 10, 2020
Tamaratonye1:
When you are exposing a scam; the nastiest responses you get are not from the people perpetrating the scam. The perpetrators just want you to go away quietly. Ironically, the nastiest responses come from the current victims of the scam.

Unfortunately we are born ignorant with a willingness to believe anything and learn from those who come before us. When those before us believe in magic woo woo, then we grow to believe in the same bullshit.

Because religion is anti intellectual, anti science and anti reason, it helps keeps people ignorant , dogmatic, closed minded ,bigoted and hateful. It is no coincidence that religiosity is highest in places with high levels of poverty and ignorance (as in lack of eduction). You don't HAVE to be poor, ignorant and stupid to be a believer, but it's certainly an advantage.

Atheists don't get much sympathy here in Nigeria, I've observed.....except that this is changing, as I believe that the Internet has acted to make places a lot less insular and, perhaps, more open-minded.

There is a sense that Atheists are--somehow--this enemy of religion, and that we have no morality or ethics.

I usually treat religion as a taboo subject at work (as it should be), as there are people who will vandalize your car or treat you like you have bubonic plague.

As an Atheist, I can't be trusted around children, I have a mission in life to turn people away from God, I have an interest in furthering the homosexual agenda, and I don't deserve to call myself a real human being.

Another question occurs to me: How is forcing people into church to fix suicidal tendencies any different than faith healing? Or, for that matter, exorcism?

The only problem here is when someone who feels like being absolutely free wants to drag those who really don't want such freedom along with herself! cheesy

ATHEISM is about absolute freedom and a feeling of intense hatred for mind control, so if you belong to such a faculty the only way to justify your stand is to keep quiet and allow each person to choose what they want.

You can't eat your cake and have it, the right to change or control other people's thoughts belongs to religionists NOT atheists who feels it's a crime controlling other people's minds!

So in a nutshell, if you're an atheist you have no business trying to convince (change) other people's minds on what they CHOSE to do! wink

3 Likes

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 10, 2020
Bluezy13:
Hmmm...

Perhaps, those who understand your question (s) will give you answers.

She is gradually running Colo! cheesy

Changing people's minds belongs ONLY to religionists who wants to tell them what a superior intelligent mind/Supreme Being "GOD" said.

That's the only pedigree for confronting intelligent minds like you to change whatever they have decided to do, after all each human knows the problem he/she is facing and each person is looking for a solution to such problems.

But when you've already declared that you don't believe in any higher intelligent mind and that each person should decide what's best for them, how on earth do you now turn back to say you've gotten an idea?

Such idea is from who? cheesy

That's what the stupid atheist is trying to say!

Perhaps she wants equal rights like religionists to enter a bus or stand in the street and start telling people "THERE IS NO GOD" cheesy
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by triplechoice(m): 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2020
Maximus69:

The only problem here is when someone who feels like being absolutely free wants to drag those who really don't want such freedom along with herself! cheesy

ATHEISM is about absolute freedom and a feeling of intense hatred for mind control, so if you belong to such a faculty the only way to justify your stand is to keep quiet and allow each person to choose what they want.

You can't eat your cake and have it, the right to change or control other people's thoughts belongs to religionists NOT atheists who feels it's a crime controlling other people's minds!

So in a nutshell, if you're an atheist you have no business trying to convince (change) other people's minds on what they CHOSE to do! wink

Don't think you know what you have just Said.

You become a psychological slave when you allow others to have absolute control over your mind.Its your God given right to decide what to think . Don't allow anyone deny you this

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Bluezy13(m): 6:03pm On Feb 10, 2020
Maximus69:

Your assertion is fallacious.
Atheism is not about hatred for mind control.
The absolute freedom is not about disdain for natural tendencies such laws of thought, universal attraction, mental powers and intellectuality.
Atheism is not about abhorrence for psychological manipulation such as mental control, someone psyching another person to manipulate that person.
Otherwise, Atheists wouldn't be scholars because a scholar must have passed through some unconscious mental manipulation to be able to accept whatever his tutor teaches him.
Atheism go to school and are by powers of education, manipulated by the books they read, the lecturers' lessons and societal values as a whole.
Mental control is normal, natural for every human being.

Atheism is about not believing in the existence of God/gods as a matter of religion.
It is strictly restricted to the circumference of Religion... existence and belief in God not natural mental occurrences
Atheism is anti-belief in God only

Then in the classification of Atheism, we have
(1) Gnostic atheists... those who don't believe in the existence of God/god BUT they are not sure. To them there maybe gods or not but may not really be the general perceived God.... it may or may not technically be any of their business.
These are those who are constantly asking questions...are always have that quest for knowledge and proof.

(2) Agnostic theists... those who don't believe in the existence of God/gods QED. They don't need further proof and don't care to seek proof.

Same classifications applicable to Theists.

As can be deduced, not all Atheists are after convincing other people to join them.
Some don't really care.
Some try to proof their point but NOT necessarily trying to convince their contenders.
Some argue for knowledge purposes
Some really argue to convince others to reason like them.
In the nutshell; Don't generalize.

1 Like

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Bluezy13(m): 6:13pm On Feb 10, 2020
Maximus69:

She is gradually running Colo! cheesy

Changing people's minds belongs ONLY to religionists who wants to tell them what a superior intelligent mind/Supreme Being "GOD" said.

That's the only pedigree for confronting intelligent minds like you to change whatever they have decided to do, after all each human knows the problem he/she is facing and each person is looking for a solution to such problems.

But when you've already declared that you don't believe in any higher intelligent mind and that each person should decide what's best for them, how on earth do you now turn back to say you've gotten an idea?

Such idea is from who? cheesy

That's what the stupid atheist is trying to say!

Perhaps she wants equal rights like religionists to enter a bus or stand in the street and start telling people "THERE IS NO GOD" cheesy

You have no right to call someone stupid.
She has the right to reason the way she wants.

Idea is a naturally instinctive phenomenon.
It is part of our mental capacity.
Even animals have ideas.
You throw a dog a bone, the bone instead goes over a table to the other side of the table while the dog looks at it.
An idea will naturally occur to the dog to go round the table to have the bone since it can't get it directly. That's an idea it is natural.
It has nothing to do with God/god.

Ideas occur to every animal depending on its level of intelligence...same with human beings.

If you don't understand her question, simply overlook it...like I earlier did.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Tamaratonye1(f): 6:49pm On Feb 10, 2020
Maximus69:

Yes, I am a strong supporter in freedom, and do oppose mind control. But what you fail to understand that to attain or maintain freedom, you must openly fight for it every day. The moment you are silent, you are losing the battle. I (and I am sure most atheists agree) do not desire to force our beliefs on anyone, but rather just argue our position and challenge a delusional and corrupt human practice.

Maximus69:
I have the right to state my opinion and submit an argument. That is called "freedom". You (or any other theist) has the right to accept or reject my opinion.

Maximus69, do you understand that you had to click to enter my thread? To make this comment opposing mine? Or was a gun pressed up against your head?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Tamaratonye1(f): 6:54pm On Feb 10, 2020
1Sharon:
OP seems pissed off. It's understandable lol
I sure hope I haven't come across as "pissed off" lol. Religious beliefs are a sensitive area of discourse and I think people have misread the OP and thought it was an emotional one. I assure you it isn't.

1 Like

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by 1Sharon(f): 6:57pm On Feb 10, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

I sure hope I haven't come across as "pissed off" lol. Religious beliefs are a sensitive area of discourse and I think people have misread the OP and thought it was an emotional one. I assure you it isn't.

Trust me, nigerian Christians are aggravating, i understand if you're upset.

I myself need to leave this section for a while

5 Likes

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2020
triplechoice:

Don't think you know what you have just Said.

You become a psychological slave when you allow others to have absolute control over your mind.Its your God given right to decide what to think . Don't allow anyone deny you this

You don't understand what i'm saying here.

There is absolute control when you're not given any reason why someone is about to change your thought or decision. According to the Bible, God gives reasons why he is giving us directions that's totally contrary to out thoughts.

But when we're talking about God, everyone needs to know the practical application of whatever God says, that's what makes it easier for people to reason and get along with such counsel!

What atheists are saying is "there is no God" so if any of them comes forward to tell you what to do, he/she is about to become your God! wink
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 10, 2020
Bluezy13:

Your assertion is fallacious.
Atheism is not about hatred for mind control.
The absolute freedom is not about disdain for natural tendencies such laws of thought, universal attraction, mental powers and intellectuality.
Atheism is not about abhorrence for psychological manipulation such as mental control, someone psyching another person to manipulate that person.
Otherwise, Atheists wouldn't be scholars because a scholar must have passed through some unconscious mental manipulation to be able to accept whatever his tutor teaches him.
Atheism go to school and are by powers of education, manipulated by the books they read, the lecturers' lessons and societal values as a whole.
Mental control is normal, natural for every human being.

Atheism is about not believing in the existence of God/gods as a matter of religion.
It is strictly restricted to the circumference of Religion... existence and belief in God not natural mental occurrences
Atheism is anti-belief in God only

Then in the classification of Atheism, we have
(1) Gnostic atheists... those who don't believe in the existence of God/god BUT they are not sure. To them there maybe gods or not but may not really be the general perceived God.... it may or may not technically be any of their business.
These are those who are constantly asking questions...are always have that quest for knowledge and proof.

(2) Agnostic theists... those who don't believe in the existence of God/gods QED. They don't need further proof and don't care to seek proof.

Same classifications applicable to Theists.

As can be deduced, not all Atheists are after convincing other people to join them.
Some don't really care.
Some try to proof their point but NOT necessarily trying to convince their contenders.
Some argue for knowledge purposes
Some really argue to convince others to reason like them.
In the nutshell; Don't generalize.

In a nutshell you also believe there is no God!

Well let me tell you that you can teach people how to make bread, butter, cheese, clothes and so on, but as for how they should live their lives it's totally out of your boundary!

That's why intellectuals agree that there must be God otherwise each human can do and undo as long as they have working brains, and nobody is expected to control their minds!

That's what makes atheism total nonsense! cheesy
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Tamaratonye1(f): 7:22pm On Feb 10, 2020
1Sharon:

Trust me, nigerian Christians are aggravating, i understand if you're upset.

I myself need to leave this section for a while
Lol. I agree with you. Honestly though, I find it entertaining having these discussions. These forums are a place to relax and have a laugh once in a while. Plus, I often learn from these interactions. Thanks though. I appreciate your concern.

8 Likes

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 10, 2020
Bluezy13:

You have no right to call someone stupid.
She has the right to reason the way she wants.

Idea is a naturally instinctive phenomenon.
It is part of our mental capacity.
Even animals have ideas.
You throw a dog a bone, the bone instead goes over a table to the other side of the table while the dog looks at it.
An idea will naturally occur to the dog to go round the table to have the bone since it can't get it directly. That's an idea it is natural.
It has nothing to do with God/god.

Ideas occur to every animal depending on its level of intelligence...same with human beings.

If you don't understand her question, simply overlook it...like I earlier did.

Do you compare intelligent creatures having the mind to build, manufacture, plan and socialize with creatures living only on instinct?

Well i'm pleased to tell you that to control dogs is one million times easier than controlling intelligent creatures having different aims, hobbies, interests and ambitions Sir.

So you don't know what you are saying! wink
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 10, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

Yes, I am a strong supporter in freedom, and do oppose mind control. But what you fail to understand that to attain or maintain freedom, you must openly fight for it every day. The moment you are silent, you are losing the battle. I (and I am sure most atheists agree) do not desire to force our beliefs on anyone, but rather just argue our position and challenge a delusional and corrupt human practice.

I have the right to state my opinion and submit an argument. That is called "freedom". You (or any other theist) has the right to accept or reject my opinion.

Maximus69, do you understand that you had to click to enter my thread? To make this comment opposing mine? Or was a gun pressed up against your head?

Of course i have the right because i believe in a higher intelligent mind "God", so if i speak of mind controlling anywhere i try to reason with people telling them why all of us should consider adhering to the counsel of this higher intelligent mind.

But you're trying to share your PERSONAL OPINION with other intelligent minds like yours, so tell me what right you have to do that when it's about CHOICES that they've made on their own! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 10, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

Lol. I agree with you. Honestly though, I find it entertaining having these discussions. These forums are a place to relax and have a laugh once in a while. Plus, I often learn from these interactions. Thanks though. I appreciate your concern.

You're a female, right? cheesy

Please give me one single reason why you can marry a younger man when there are millions of young, beautiful and sexy girls out there without them coming to harrass or assault you for not going for your age mate? cheesy

Or can you give me any reason why a young man will not give a grey headed man a dirty slap for saying something stupid? cheesy

For your information, the one and only reason is RELIGION! undecided

They will come right into your house and demand to have your man because you're older than him.

As for your older men, they'll become vulnerable to bullying by younger and agile men around them, and tell me what the laws can do to protect you when everything is solely based on the what people think not some mind controlling book regarded as God's word? cheesy

I just pity you people because you'll all cry heavily and wish you've not eradicated religion the way all of you are trying to do now.

You're all looking at the issue from one side but you totally ignore the other side of the coin! cheesy
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by triplechoice(m): 9:12pm On Feb 10, 2020
Maximus69:

You don't understand what i'm saying here.

There is absolute control when you're not given any reason why someone is about to change your thought or decision. According to the Bible, God gives reasons why he is giving us directions that's totally contrary to out thoughts.

But when we're talking about God, everyone needs to know the practical application of whatever God says, that's what makes it easier for people to reason and get along with such counsel!

What atheists are saying is "there is no God" so if any of them comes forward to tell you what to do, he/she is about to become your God! wink

This is what you still don't understand.
Someone says there is no God or your God does not exist.
You have not been able to convince him or provide proof that you God exist but you insist he must obey the instructions coming from this God you have not been able to convince him exist..How is that possible?

He also tells you he is able to do the right thing without been told what to do by any God but you reject this and say it's not possible for anyone to do the right thing without believing in your God.This is the crux of the matter

Convince him that your God exist then the rest becomes easy.
I am not an atheist .My only interest in this matter is the issue of allowing other people to control your mind .

6 Likes

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by jaephoenix(m): 9:27pm On Feb 10, 2020
Maximus69:

Please give me one single reason why you can marry a younger man when there are millions of young, beautiful and sexy girls out there without them coming to harrass or assault you for not going for your age mate? cheesy

Or can you give me any reason why a young man will not give a grey headed man a dirty slap for saying something stupid? cheesy

They will come right into your house and demand to have your man because you're older than him.

As for your older men, they'll become vulnerable to bullying by younger and agile men around them, and tell me what the laws can do to protect you when everything is solely based on the what people think not some mind controlling book regarded as God's word? cheesy

I just pity you people because you'll all cry heavily and wish you've not eradicated religion the way all of you are trying to do now.

You're all looking at the issue from one side but you totally ignore the other side of the coin! cheesy
So religion is a crime retardant right?
Cool. How come the most crime infected cornees of the world are the most religious?
Atheistic and irreligious countries like Netherlands and Iceland are relatively crime free, while Nigeria is submerged in crime ?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Tamaratonye1(f): 4:19am On Feb 11, 2020
Maximus69:

Of course i have the right because i believe in a higher intelligent mind "God", so if i speak of mind controlling anywhere i try to reason with people telling them why all of us should consider adhering to the counsel of this higher intelligent mind.
First off, as I request, you must first prove this god. Second, don't even try to prove your god is intelligent. Based on your holy book, this god is a fuckwit who could not organize a checkers game.

Maximus69:
But you're trying to share your PERSONAL OPINION with other intelligent minds like yours, so tell me what right you have to do that when it's about CHOICES that they've made on their own! smiley

Because they have the right to make up their own minds. I believe in freedom of speech. If the speaker is utter garbage, I have the right to reject what they are saying. If I am saying something you do not agree with, you have the right to reject my words. If your priest or pastor is telling you something you have .. oops, you don't have any rights in that relationship, you must bend you knee, believe whatever they say, follow their instructions, and donate money.

To me it appears you don't have free will. Or the capacity to think things through.

5 Likes

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Tamaratonye1(f): 4:22am On Feb 11, 2020
Maximus69:

In a nutshell you also believe there is no God!

Well let me tell you that you can teach people how to make bread, butter, cheese, clothes and so on, but as for how they should live their lives it's totally out of your boundary!

That's why intellectuals agree that there must be God otherwise each human can do and undo as long as they have working brains, and nobody is expected to control their minds!
I seriously doubt if any "intellectuals" advocate such a course of action lol. Please name a few of those "intellectuals". Personally, I believe those "intellectuals" are members of a religion and seek to maintain control and wealth.

I have the impression you are in favor of mind control regarding one's personal religious beliefs. Is my statement correct?

Are you aware that just recently a North Korean woman is facing serious charges because in a house fire, she chose to save her dog instead of a picture of Kim Jong-il. If you can't make the connection between mind control and this woman's plight, please surrender your brain to the nearest place of worship.

The United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Article 2. (first sentence)

Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status.

Do you know a religious sect that opposes this United Nations Declaration? Maybe the church you belong to? I would be very happy to have a name so I can lodge a formal complaint with the United Nations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Tamaratonye1(f): 5:07am On Feb 11, 2020
Maximus69:

Lol!

Now, now, there, Scooter. Don't go getting too big for your britches just because you obtained a leadership status within your rebel clan. Oh, and try not to get all jealous just because those hot, sexy, older babes refuse to recognize your superior intellect and manly bravado. It is not their fault that sexual relations with a minor such as yourself is illegal in most places. Otherwise, I am confident they would be all over you like flies on a pile of shit.

And don't worry, Maximus69. Next time I am stoning my neighbours kid for pissing his parents off with his cheek I will think about how moral I can be if I only follow your god's word

Hey.... and next time I decide to purchase a foreign slave ( not an israelite natch') I will remember those moral lessons....

Muppet grin

E/ And please don't make me explain sarcasm to you grin

4 Likes

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Tamaratonye1(f): 5:10am On Feb 11, 2020
jaephoenix:

Cool. How come the most crime infected cornees of the world are the most religious?
Atheistic and irreligious countries like Netherlands and Iceland are relatively crime free, while Nigeria is submerged in crime ?
I have a favourite theist.

His name is Bishop John Shelby Spong .(Episcopalian). He has written best selling books, and there are some excellent clips on Youtube. One of my favourite is where he asserts 'the church is in the guilt and control business"

I have no problem with believers who mind their business, or believers that, at least, have basic integrity. I have a problem with people knocking on my door or even ignoramuses such as Maximus69, who tell whole lies and get upset when you challenge them. Insult is added to injury when it becomes clear such people have not even bothered to say consulted a dictionary about the meaning of the word 'atheist'. They're not concerned with knowledge. Give them books, send them off to school, and what do they do? They eat the books, and then bypass the school to head straight to the nearest internet cafe...

It's obviously far too much to ask that they also be familiar with the most basic notions of the scientific method or reasoned discussion, both of which they ridicule and misrepresent.

short clip (2.48 min) "religion is always in the control business"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KMwz1v1zr4

6 Likes

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:19am On Feb 11, 2020
jaephoenix:

Stop deceiving yourself!

There is no human society where they don't believe (trust) in one spirit or the other, and that's where religion originates!

The reason those countries are labeled atheists is not because they don't believe in any God/God's as you suppose, but because they don't coin their laws around religious books like most Western and Arab nations. They have their native religion, it's from their worship and traditions that they coin out their constitution cheesy

So my friend at present, there is NO ATHEIST nation on this planet! cheesy
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 11, 2020
triplechoice:

This is what you still don't understand.
Someone says there is no God or your God does not exist.
You have not been able to convince him or provide proof that you God exist but you insist he must obey the instructions coming from this God you have not been able to convince him exist..How is that possible?

He also tells you he is able to do the right thing without been told what to do by any God but you reject this and say it's not possible for anyone to do the right thing without believing in your God.This is the crux of the matter

Convince him that your God exist then the rest becomes easy.
I am not an atheist .My only interest in this matter is the issue of allowing other people to control your mind .

It's not about me Sir!

I'm an advocate of unism and i strongly believe (trust) in collective responsibility to make this planet a Paradise for all.

First of all before there can be PEACE there must be unity and accountability, this will help a lot because each person will know that his freedom is relative to the well being of his neighbour.

To illustrate think of fabrics and designs, we have silk, cotton, linen and wool.
Each person have the designer of his choice, but some after putting on their clothes look so awful, some due to how heavy the fabric finds it difficult to move around in their clothes, some are so tight that they can hardly move, still others fall due to the way their clothes were poorly stitched. So some people are now suggesting that it's better to go nakedly because the clothes have been causing so much trouble for those wearing them.

My point is instead of outrightly condemning clothing why not consider the BEST DESIGNER through the way his clients are well dressed and move with elegance?

The main purpose of clothing is to cover our bodies but when you now suggest we should all get rid of clothes simply because of quack designers, then something is wrong somewhere!

The true God is the best designer and his fabric is the Bible, demons are also designers as well but these ones design the fabric according to the likeness of their clients, so if you don't carefully study each model and their movement you will subscribe for nudity!

I'm here to tell anyone to believe in my God, but what i'm saying if you scrap religion completely things will totally get out of hand! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:34am On Feb 11, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

Lol!

Now, now, there, Scooter. Don't go getting too big for your britches just because you obtained a leadership status within your rebel clan. Oh, and try not to get all jealous just because those hot, sexy, older babes refuse to recognize your superior intellect and manly bravado. It is not their fault that sexual relations with a minor such as yourself is illegal in most places. Otherwise, I am confident they would be all over you like flies on a pile of shit.

And don't worry, Maximus69. Next time I am stoning my neighbours kid for pissing his parents off with his cheek I will think about how moral I can be if I only follow your god's word

Hey.... and next time I decide to purchase a foreign slave ( not an israelite natch') I will remember those moral lessons....

Muppet grin

E/ And please don't make me explain sarcasm to you grin

For your information, i'm in my fifties! smiley

But i have been to so many countries around the world as a former military intelligence officer, and i know that without religion the earth wil be a total mess!

What we all need to do is make a thorough research to identify the religion that's working out what is fine, but to say we should scrap it totally, hmmmmmmmm i'm telling you we will all regret it!

I only gave you two examples before, have you thought deeply why someone poor (police) will carry weapons to protect the rich while himself and his family need the money?

My friend, the earth will become a hell if there is nothing giving them a hope or promise of a better life here or elsewhere, there will be no more patience anywhere, everyone will become desperate and nothing can stop them from going for what they want! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 11, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

Do you know a religious sect that opposes this United Nations Declaration? Maybe the church you belong to? I would be very happy to have a name so I can lodge a formal complaint with the United Nations.

My own religion is the most vilified on this planet, so we don't oppose freedom of worship.

The ATHEISTS will soon gain control over the United Nations, they will eradicate religion from the face of the earth.

The Bible said for a short while they will experience relative peace but suddenly the people under them will begin to rebel against the authorities everywhere, and each person will start demanding all the good things of life, there will be no security agents to protect anyone because the so called security agents are also humans who wants to live their life to the fullest!

Think of this thoroughly, my own religion is the most vilified of all because we are all subjects of our religion and we're the one and only global family of peace loving worshipers today! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed2nd(m): 12:13pm On Feb 11, 2020
Yeah it's a problem in Nigeria, people want you to be quiet about your unbelief and I can guess for various reasons like the fear that will increase doubt in their own faith, erode the powers of people who control religions and remove some of the resistance to their pet peeves.

They've been sold this bag of goods that the only reasonable course of action is to toe the line of books espousing ideas from thousands of years ago so your new fangled rationality based on current knowledge cannot match the wisdom of the ancients.

Just existing is like a blight in their eyes, they can't leave you alone they want to convert you. You become a mission because you don't believe.

I don't really blame them because it is a result of indoctrination and dependence on their religion but it becomes egregious when they want to use their religion to determine how we should live. We should resist that with all we've got.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by jaephoenix(m): 2:21pm On Feb 11, 2020
Maximus69:

Stop deceiving yourself!

There is no human society where they don't believe (trust) in one spirit or the other, and that's where religion originates!

The reason those countries are labeled atheists is not because they don't believe in any God/God's as you suppose, but because they don't coin their laws around religious books like most Western and Arab nations. They have their native religion, it's from their worship and traditions that they coin out their constitution cheesy

So my friend at present, there is NO ATHEIST nation on this planet! cheesy
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_irreligion

Tamaratonye1 is truly right. Youre ignorant. The worst brand of theists are the ignorant ones. They're insufferable

4 Likes

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 11, 2020
jaephoenix:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_irreligion

Tamaratonye1 is truly right. Youre ignorant. The worst brand of theists are the ignorant ones. They're insufferable

You don't know what you're saying my friend. There can never be a country or nation on this planet that will unanimously say there is nothing like God/Gods! cheesy

Because they must have rules and standards, these two can't come from any other place but their culture and traditions which stems from their BELIEFS in God or Gods! cheesy

The Bible actually foretold of a time when all the world rulers will come together to agree on eradicating religion completely, but this will happen when each one has thoroughly examined the advantages and disadvantages of the religion practiced by their people who have proved difficult to unite for PEACE!

Until then, there will continue to be religion throughout the earth. What you supposed to say is there are countries where the Western religion and the Arabic religion haven't gained solid ground Sir! cheesy
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by jaephoenix(m): 2:42pm On Feb 11, 2020
Maximus69:

You don't know what you're saying my friend. There can never be a country or nation on this planet that will unanimously say there is nothing like God/Gods! cheesy

Because they must have rules and standards, these two can't come from any other place but their culture and traditions which stems from their BELIEFS in God or Gods! cheesy

The Bible actually foretold of a time when all the world rulers will come together to agree on eradicating religion completely, but this will happen when each one has thoroughly examined the advantages and disadvantages of the religion practiced by their people who have proved difficult to unite for PEACE!

Until then, there will continue to be religion throughout the earth. What you supposed to say is there are countries where the Western religion and the Arabic religion haven't gained solid ground Sir! cheesy
Did you read the link, or you just ignored it, like you usually do?
So Chinese constitution that is based on Communism, is religious? I really don't get your dridt

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Correct Lyrics To Some Common Songs (praise And Worship) / Why Are People So Easy To Fool? You dare call Atheists FOOLs?! / Your Star Must Shine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.