Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,874 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term (51209 Views)

Ogun Assembly Bans Open Grazing, To Attract 3-Year Jail Term / Bandit Commander Auwalu Daudawa, 6 Others Surrender 28 Rifles To Zamfara Govt / President Buhari Appoints Sarki Auwalu As Director, DPR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by baqina(m): 3:56pm On Feb 02, 2020
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) said three months jail term awaits anybody who refuses to get National Identity Number (NIN).

Kano state coordinator Muhammad Sanusi Auwalu disclosed this while delivering a lecture at Sa’adatu Rimi College of Education, Kano. He said the Agency will start taking action on anybody who refused to get registered.

He explained that part of the action to be taken against anybody who refused to get registered include, three months imprisonment or a fine of N100,000.

“The agency will impose three-month imprisonment or N100,000 fine on whoever arrested without been registered”.

He said the main focus of the commission is to ensure that every Nigerian register...

In accordance with the provisions of section 27(1)(1) of the Commission Act, the use of National Identity Number NIN should be mandatory.

“In exercising its power of enforcement and compliance, the commission has the power to demand for evidence of compliance from persons, to caution a non-compliant person, sanction a non-compliant person “...

“It also has the power to institute criminal proceedings against a non-compliant person through the office of the Honourable Attorney General of the Federation”.
https://dailypost.ng/2020/02/02/three-month-jail-term-awaits-defaulters-of-national-identity-number-nimc/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by crownwealth: 3:57pm On Feb 02, 2020
Ediots in power.

417 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Blindersoff: 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2020
What about us who are resident outside Nigeria and hold dual citizenship?

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Racoon(m): 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2020
Sudden NIMC woke up from it protracted inactivity of corruption.Give Nigerians their cards having registered many years ago mbok!

289 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by baqina(m): 4:02pm On Feb 02, 2020
Blindersoff:

Even those within Nigeria that have done theirs many years ago are yet to get their ID cards.

205 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Racoon(m): 4:02pm On Feb 02, 2020
Blindersoff:
So you voted "next level of change" then went to live outside only to be obsessing us about the "goodness" of a govt killing people back home both in its policies & actions?

164 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by popsy2(m): 4:04pm On Feb 02, 2020
What law criminalizes it? No punishment without a written law. That the establishing Act made it mandatory is not enough. It must be spelt out in black and white. Btw, the agency has no power to impose any punishment.

Anyways, the benefits of having your business legalized cannot be overemphasized. It builds public confidence in your brand and wins you more sales. So, if you are in need of CAC company registration, Business Name registration, Foundation, Schools, Church, NGO, Trademark, NAFDAC number on your products etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng.
You may also consult us on any of the above free of charge. Yes! Free of charge.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Blakjewelry(m): 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2020
They should start building new prison for all of us

204 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Blindersoff: 4:09pm On Feb 02, 2020
Racoon:
So you voted "next level of change" then went to live outside only to be obsessing us about the "goodness" of a govt killing people back home both in its policies & actions?

I freely move in and out of Nigeria and to any country I so please.

Currently in Cyprus. My being a dual citizen does not mean my entire family are dual citizens.

Stake holders plant their stakes where it matters and my family matters

I have been a dual citizen for over 10years so did not vote and travel. I travelled then came to vote

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by baqina(m): 4:09pm On Feb 02, 2020
Racoon:
Sudden NIMC woke up from it protracted inactivity.Give Nigerians their cards having registered many years ago mbok!

If they are saying they want to start arresting Nigerians for not registering, Nigerians that have registered need to also sue them for registering them without giving them the ID cards...Invoking the consumer protection right...The case is not different from scamming

192 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 02, 2020
Gosh homie! Where's our goddamn card? Ain't no ready for this dope shit with epileptic working system. This is just a capital bullshit.. Bruv couldn't get identified with his dear country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Kylekent59: 4:27pm On Feb 02, 2020
Shaiii

Nigeria is finished!!!!

Who are these people threatening?

There is freedom of life and living.

Nigeria is our home and land, and not their personal possession.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by F117nighthawk: 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2020
Crap talk, the jail will start from the corrupt staff of the body,useless organisation, for over 4 yrs now I haven't received my ID

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by BlackfireX: 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2020
What are we suppose to do to you officials of NIMS for not giving us our card since 4 years...

We should jail you or you pay us #100,000 compensation

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Xisnin(m): 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2020
The US ban will set many things right.
Fraudsters should brace for impact.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2020
F117nighthawk:
Crap talk, the jail will start from the corrupt staff of the body,useless organisation, for over 4 yrs now I haven't received my ID

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Jh0wsef(m): 4:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
jm
Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Sholaco: 4:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
Stupid people....

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Ololanla: 4:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
Look at this illiterate talking nonsense from his gworo mouth.

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Kennitrust(m): 4:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
Now wey dem don ban us from entry US, i don't were we go run go to escape this tyranny.

What could be more threatened than being a Nigeria?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Millz404(m): 4:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
Police don see choppins

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Kennitrust(m): 4:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
I saw the video of the CAN leader been beheaded by Boko haram today and I'm still yet recover from the horrific incident. I'm scared for the first time since 2013... embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided

Nigeria need more than prayers to survive this terrible government.

We need trump approach on terrorist and not prayers.

God did not called Israel MY PEOPLE and then forbid them from taking up sword against their enemies.

Been Nigerian under this government is a threat to life.

21 Likes

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Kennitrust(m): 4:33pm On Feb 02, 2020
The prison should be very biggggggg

5 Likes

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by saintol(m): 4:33pm On Feb 02, 2020
Instead of him to be concerned about giving us the original id card, he is shouting you will be jailed. Person wey do am for like ages self, na laminated paper he dey carry about, why you no kunkun give us jersey na. You want people to register so that they can be waiting for ages before they can get the original id card abi.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Toscarel: 4:34pm On Feb 02, 2020
gshs

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by t12tosin: 4:34pm On Feb 02, 2020
Tell me something
Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Sunnycliff(m): 4:34pm On Feb 02, 2020
What about our national ID card I applied for since the past seven years?

Fear of America ban

13 Likes

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Punchline33: 4:34pm On Feb 02, 2020
Attention seekers

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by Benjaniblinks(m): 4:35pm On Feb 02, 2020
Buhari government is really working.

3 Likes

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by myHealer: 4:35pm On Feb 02, 2020
What of people with disability that can not get theirs? Please mercy for me o
Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by IghravweIG(m): 4:35pm On Feb 02, 2020
Oya na... Make dem come

I dey my house.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term by ibietela2(m): 4:35pm On Feb 02, 2020
Blindersoff:

And you are supporting Buhari like your life depend on it.

Now i see why you said Bonny is in Bayelsa... You are not even in Nigeria

23 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Clamps Down On #EndSARS Promoters, Freezes Accounts - Punch / Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet / Fadeyi: Violence Breaks Out In Lagos Over NLC Strike (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.