Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

N2M Investment - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / N2M Investment (840 Views)

N2m Investment Poultry Or Sachet Water Business / Save For It, And You’re Sure To Win It All Up To N2m In 3 Months With UBA Bumper / Which Is Preferable To Invest N2m On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N2M Investment by DaCharis2016: 6:59pm On Feb 02, 2020
Hello guys, my friend came to me this afternoon and disclosed to me that his late brother's(ex-forceman) benefit had being paid, and he's heading to the wife's place for decision on the funds. He said she advised her not to start a building project with the funds as she informed him earlier on phone, that the amount isn't substantial enough to start and finish up a building. Though, there's a land acquired earlier.

And I reasoned along with him. I noticed the building idea isn't bad though, but can the money actually start and complete it? So I advised him that they may buy a federal govt bonds with the money since there's no clear plan for the money yet in other not to waste it since there are three kids awaiting education, then interest from the bonds (I don't know how substantial it could be) can be used in taking care of the kids' education.

I also advised that they may buy lands and resell for profit later. Though there's risk in that.

Now over to you guys.

Kindly help with your suggestions and assessment of mine.

Thank you.

NB:
My friend conspired in me he doesn't want to inherit the funds or have any personal interestin it. And I advised he's in the right position to manage/invest the funds for his brother's kids.
Re: N2M Investment by dawnomike(m): 7:03pm On Feb 02, 2020
Your friend is wise in saying he does not want to have anything to do with the money... His brother's widow should start up a provision store preferably at whole sales level or start-up a distributorship business.
Re: N2M Investment by DaCharis2016: 7:10pm On Feb 02, 2020
dawnomike:
Your friend is wise in saying he does not want to have anything to do with the money... His brother's widow should start up a provision store preferably at whole sales level or start-up a distributorship business.
Nice one there.
But we need more insight for this idea...help us with more information, plz.
Re: N2M Investment by gorociano: 2:10am On Feb 21, 2020
Sigh.

This is a bit tricky. If the widow (sigh) doesn't have a track record of being a business woman, it's going to be hard to make headway in the business. That's why I think selling provisions is a bad idea.

The problem with buying financial instruments (bonds, treasury bills etc) now is that their rates of return is lower than that of inflation. So putting the money there slowly erodes what the money can buy.

My advice is to go into farming. Let the woman enrol in one of these CBN or state programmes, learn a particular type of farming that can be done on the land they have. Learn for a full year first before using that money to set up (and probably collect more CHEAP loans to add to it as capital)

(1) (Reply)

Pms / Used Toshiba Mini Laptop For Sale (n20, 000) / Best Free Paying Platform With Sure Cash Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.