Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,092 members, 7,807,266 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? (48475 Views)

Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me / Am I Being Unreasonable Or Is My Wife Selfish? / Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by franchasng: 6:47pm On Feb 03, 2020
kunleweb:

Nnwanne. The day wey your wife go even try guess your password cum check your NL activities ehn tongue
hahahaha cheesy cheesy

She is too busy for Internet oh, I looked well before I married lol

She only uses Internet for career purpose, she last updated her Facebook in 2015 grin

She only go to Facebook to watch funny videos and laugh lol

She knows about Nairaland and my addiction for it and reddit + boredpanda but she hates both lol, she can't come here cheesy

And I am not doing anything bad here only dishing out bitter advice to people sad
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Jayslyder: 6:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
From where I stand she has sacrificed and still is sacrificing a lot...man it's your turn now,own up...you can get your own car at a later time

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by topshore(f): 6:53pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Thanks alot, I believe you know how these extended families behave ..
I will let her have hers but I also desperately need one.
There is this feelings that come with my job when a client sees you dropping from a bike or Uber. A job they should offer you for 1m,they will look down on you and negotiate you for 400k.
Aside the economy side of it, Families will believe we are so much in money and the responsibilities will increase
So you want to deny your wife her comfort because of extended family. Are you working for others comfort alone? When they ask you for what you don't have, politely them you don't. My opinion anyway

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Genea(f): 6:53pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

There is this feelings that come with my job when a client sees you dropping from a bike or Uber. A job they should offer you for 1m,they will look down on you and negotiate you for 400k.
Aside the economy side of it, Families will believe we are so much in money and the responsibilities will increase
Get the car. When you have a client appointment, you could drive the car that day. Besides, she needs it more and the car is for the family. When you make a statement like her or my money, you guys are gradually breaking your home.

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by ityP(m): 6:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:
Evening guys, please I will like to seek people's opinion concerning this issue that I have in my home.

I am a married Man with a Kid. Before marriage, my wife has a federal job outside Lagos while I run my business in Lagos. Due to Nigeria's economy, I asked her not to resign as she keeps working while I also keep on with my hustle. I have to be fair to her as she has been giving her all in this marriage and I so envy her strength to make things work despite the distance.

We had our first child last year and she is going to a year.. We both contribute financially and bring something to the table as we run 2 different homes.

I know she goes through a lot taking care of the baby without a car and I know how tedious it is for her to manage.

We are both young (I am 30 while she is 28)
We got our first few properties this January and we planning to do other things as we both bring money together to get things done.

We have plans of getting our first car within a month and my wife suddenly demanded that she also needs a car where she is due to the stress she goes through daily picking my child from creche and managing that with her own job. I asked that I employ a helper for her but she doesn't want.

She plans on getting the car within the next 2months with her own money. My issue is that I am business oriented and see it as a waste of money buying 2 cars when we can buy one and invest the money for the other one.

I am a Civil Engineer and my Job requires I get a car for mobility.
I feel guilty by trying to stop her from getting the car while I get mine and at the same time, if she get one I will also need to get.

I have been cracking my head up trying to see how we can go about it without hurting her and be fair to her as she is the best woman I can ever ask for.

What should I do, should we both get cars and let other stuffs take it course?

But how is this a problem? She works and wants to use the money she makes to buy a car for herself and for some goddamn reasons, you have a problem with that? Does that even make sense to you? Gimme your wife's number, lemme advice her sha. Cos e be like say you no like better thibg

5 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by mumexcellency(f): 6:58pm On Feb 03, 2020
Your own car should be the car to wait. You can invest your own money for your car. As you see that your wife she needs that car more than you. She is the one with the baby, so am a woman and I know how difficult it is for a mother without a car. so let he buy her car biko, soon 2nd child loading.

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by folks4luv(f): 7:03pm On Feb 03, 2020
You know what you want to do but you are only looking for validation, someone or some people to tell you your wife does not deserve a car so as to ease your conscience. I know a man who gave his car to the wife to make it easy for her to get the kids to sch. His home is in Ogun state but he works in Ikeja. So stressful, yea, but those are the men that knows the value of the mother of their kids.
You have been surviving all this time without a car, yet, you don't think your wife who is also taking care of your kid deserves a car.
This is how selfish men create monsters out of good women. Once she concludes you are selfish and inconsiderate, that's the beginning of the end of the good woman you are taking for granted now

4 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by kunleweb: 7:08pm On Feb 03, 2020
franchasng:
hahahaha cheesy cheesy

She is too busy for Internet oh, I looked well before I married lol

She only uses Internet for career purpose, she last updated her Facebook in 2015 grin

She only go to Facebook to watch funny videos and laugh lol

She knows about Nairaland and my addiction for it and reddit + boredpanda but she hates both lol, she can't come here cheesy

And I am not doing anything bad here only dishing out bitter advice to people sad

Okay o brother. Just know say for this marriage thing one day a partner develops interest in something they would rather not one day grin We go dey wait for your post been caught thread that day God keeping us alive

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by 2sexycom(m): 7:09pm On Feb 03, 2020
tranxo:

Lol. Vested interest?
bad boy. Lwkmd, that didn't even cross my mind bro grin

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by EzeAmusu(m): 7:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:
Evening guys, please I will like to seek people's opinion concerning this issue that I have in my home.

I am a married Man with a Kid. Before marriage, my wife has a federal job outside Lagos while I run my business in Lagos. Due to Nigeria's economy, I asked her not to resign as she keeps working while I also keep on with my hustle. I have to be fair to her as she has been giving her all in this marriage and I so envy her strength to make things work despite the distance.

We had our first child last year and she is going to a year.. We both contribute financially and bring something to the table as we run 2 different homes.

I know she goes through a lot taking care of the baby without a car and I know how tedious it is for her to manage.

We got our first few properties this January and we planning to do other things as we both bring money together to get things done.

We have plans of getting our first car within a month and my wife suddenly demanded that she also needs a car where she is due to the stress she goes through daily picking my child from creche and managing that with her own job. I asked that I employ a helper for her but she doesn't want.

She plans on getting the car within the next 2months with her own money. My issue is that I am business oriented and see it as a waste of money buying 2 cars when we can buy one and invest the money for the other one.

I feel guilty by trying to stop her from getting the car while I get mine and at the same time, if she get one I will also need to get.

I have been cracking my head up trying to see how we can go about it without hurting her and be fair to her as she is the best woman I can ever ask for.

uncle Ade so na this one be problem wa day bother u.oga Ade if the money is there u people should buy the two cars,take one and give her one.see let me tell enjoy life o my brother.life is very short o.

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by vickydevoka(m): 7:15pm On Feb 03, 2020
niphemey:
Op she wants to get a car with her own money oh and you want to stop her, even when you know she needs it as much as you do. You’re not only selfish but wicked... smh
Y will u say such to him. Do u knw him in person.
Every family has it's own issue but not everyone has de boldness to bring it up here. He's just being honest. Please apologize to dat young man.
I am 30 lyk him n i am not even planing to marry in de next five years not dat I don't have de bar. I am not ready to face woman wahala

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by BRATISLAVA: 7:16pm On Feb 03, 2020
spiceadole:

Honestly, I am shocked too.
A woman has worked hard and wants to give herself comfort with her money,without asking for contribution from the husband...Yet Husband finds a fault with that.

What do men really want?
Many things, but never what they say they want. grin

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Enemyofpeace: 7:20pm On Feb 03, 2020
She needs the car,it's her money,let her buy it jo. I ate selfish people

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
Standardkid240:
To me you're not being fair here, you sound more like an igbo man.
please and please hold it there and respect yourself before you collect ban. Which one is Igbo man. Leave tribe out of this.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by psalmylee: 7:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
The man is a boy..he no just get brain..no buy am oo,Mumu boy until another man buys her the car.. Man of the house in deed*spits*

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by BRATISLAVA: 7:32pm On Feb 03, 2020
amadiwati:

Right now, cars is not luxury it is a necessity and you know it. How would you feel you have your car and you wife is in another city with a child walking on the street when you guys can afford one.

Do you think he cares? He said he's cracking his head about it. But he didn't need to crack anything when he got himself one. He said he wants to help her with her decisions about money, from right behind his wheel. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by franchasng: 7:39pm On Feb 03, 2020
kunleweb:

Okay o brother. Just know say for this marriage thing one day a partner develops interest in something they would rather not one day grin We go dey wait for your post been caught thread that day God keeping us alive
lol
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by vickydevoka(m): 7:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
There are plenty of options. U can get her a maid to take care of the baby while she go to work . Or u can let her buy her own car. But always remember 1+ 1 = 1 .
Buh some women for 9ja say their money na their money ur money na una money
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by DivineTurnAroun(f): 7:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
kunleweb:
My dear. You don't want peace abi. You better support her fast and run and get her the car so she'll praise you more. She needs that car abeg
don't mind him
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by kunleweb: 7:51pm On Feb 03, 2020
DivineTurnAroun:
don't mind him

wink
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Yellowmoon1400(f): 7:56pm On Feb 03, 2020
Men and ego.... Just let her have the car

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by lekonso: 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2020
So you can't make a sacrifice for your wife and kid. If you think it is not financially wise for the family to acquire two cars at the moment and you know your wife and kid need a car really, you are the one to make the sacrifice and not your wife. Let your wife get her own car and make sure you are the one that pays for that car and wait a little bit before you get your own. That is how to make a marriage work.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by egopersonified(f): 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
A car is a necessity when it lightens your burden at a low cost of purchase and maintenance. It becomes a luxury when the cost of purchase and maintenance becomes exorbitant. What you should be asking is, how much you should spend on getting the two cars. The price of one car can purchase two, be it Nigerian used or tokunbo. As your first cars, you can spend below your budget and upgrade later. I always pity women whom I see backing one child and holding the other one or two. Its something I never experienced and I always wonder how they cope. Ordinary to back one child while cooking, I will start having waist pain, talk more of hours. She deserves it, then let her.

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by clemmonce(m): 8:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

with all due respect, all I can see is selfishness.. you said your job needs a car but your wife can manage ? How have you been going to work ? Continue like that .... let your wife have the car at least you said she is really trying for the family. Give your wife the car..
All I see is selfishness..
Reading the topic just made me angry.

She is using her money not your money.
Let her have the one car , you say No

What do you want ?

3 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Imustreturn(m): 8:17pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

now you just said what I wanted to hear. Get that car man. You know why you need it. You both should get it asap
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Ingocof(m): 8:21pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Dear poster pls allow that woman to have her car and yours later, your family would be better for it
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by unekwu212: 8:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
She didn't ask u to buy for her nau, she wants to buy for herself, pls allow her oooo for peace to reign
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Lexusgs430: 8:38pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Flip this script and answer the question........ You deserve a car, but your struggling wife doesn't?

Do you want to remain happily married? If only one car is bought, your wife must have it..........

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Greystone: 9:01pm On Feb 03, 2020
Atlanticfire:
Get a car for your wife first if you want to buy only one car.

If you buy two cars make sure the stronger car goes to your wife otherwise she will be wasting the family money on mechanics and calling you at odd time to complain about the car.

Exactly
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by frozen70(f): 9:03pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Car is a necesity not luxury, pls for peace to reign, give her the support she needs since she is getting it with her own money

She will feel bad if you don't help or give her the support and that will make her to be strong and tough since she knows that she can do it alone

Let her get it but help her by asking her questions and follow up about the processing

Then prepare too to get yours

Mind yours and she will mind hers

Unless she calls your attention, don't put interest in hers since you have yours

Let her service it maintain it by herself, if you do that for her she won't feel the impact
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by determination26(m): 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Hmmmm, so I should encourage us getting 2 cars within the next 3months looking at Nigeria's economy and the need to have multiple source of income?.
Waoooh, thanks for the advice!!!

if your wife is the angel you say she is deep down then you should think of a way to reduce stress for her. Imagine a wife who says she doesn't want a help and I'm pretty sure she manages to keep the house clean, cook meals and sort you and the little kiddo up every day. Brozay, get a car for yourself and get a car for her too, I understand you are all about the economics of the whole situation. You can both get Corollas(sedan for you, hatchback for her). It's very fuel economical, parts are cheap and readily available and it's got great second hand value. My car was bad recently and I had to take my son to and fro school, I wouldn't wish that stress on anyone. Abeg make your wife happy and less stressed.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by fynex(m): 9:12pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Hmmmm, so I should encourage us getting 2 cars within the next 3months looking at Nigeria's economy and the need to have multiple source of income?.
Waoooh, thanks for the advice!!!

Based on the economy, why don't you get her the car and manage until you can afford to buy another for yourself.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Judge Finds Out His Children Aren't His After 51 Years Of Marriage (video) / What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? / Father Recreates Family Photo After 20 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.