Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) (56147 Views)

Welcome To Akure (Pictures) / Rabat, The Capital City Of Morocco Looks Like Europe / I Asked Russians To Tell Me The Capital Of Nigeria (africa Trivia Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Psalmy2cute(m): 7:03pm On Feb 06, 2020
Ondo state has one of the best roads in the sw region, ogun state is the worse

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Psalmy2cute(m): 7:04pm On Feb 06, 2020
Arrewa:
Kano state Nigeria!!

God bless Nigeria!!

We are getting there
Ode grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by larryking540: 7:09pm On Feb 06, 2020
Arrewa:
Kano state Nigeria!!

God bless Nigeria!!

We are getting there

Beautiful state but with the highest number of begggers

Hissssssssssss

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Psalmy2cute(m): 7:14pm On Feb 06, 2020
larryking540:

Beautiful state but with the highest number of begggers
grin grin almajiri capital

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Obec70(m): 7:15pm On Feb 06, 2020
Not too bad, what of ore to akure or is there any other route from akure to Lagos am just asking
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Okuda(m): 7:16pm On Feb 06, 2020
Lagos is tooooooo overrated! my first visit to jos in 2001shocked me to my bones. every furcking place was tarred.
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by visijo(m): 7:19pm On Feb 06, 2020
2shure:
Happened to me. Did 25k without going for real proof. Why. Didnt want to loose focus.
lol your own loud, mine na only 3k I waste
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
Nigeria entirely is beautiful.
but crimes have taken over the glory.
crimes have made Nigeria a worse country to live.

aside crime, this Nigeria is beautiful and desirable.
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Thirteenblood: 7:22pm On Feb 06, 2020
Wow
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by SaintLucia: 7:24pm On Feb 06, 2020
tyup:
Akure is still not as beautiful as Ibadan tongue
Maybe under Ajimobi cos Ibadan is dirty now under Seyi Makinde.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 06, 2020
nlPoster:
Again.
Hmm.
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by prostvision2: 7:42pm On Feb 06, 2020
what i see here na empty city with good road is not different from a village in anambra state,i can boldly tell you that nnewi, ekwulobia are more developed filled with peoples than ondo capital chai if the capital of ondo is like this without a good building structures how will the village be? grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Sirdiq21: 7:50pm On Feb 06, 2020
SultanOfPuna:
Any Small Thing Lala, Must u tag Lala If your Wife born Lala If your Pikin do birthday Lala If your Pikin give u trouble Lala If your Wife No Cook Food Lala Abeg Make una leave Lalasticlala make him rest..
Ban de hungry you bro
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Sirdiq21: 7:53pm On Feb 06, 2020
I can see Oja God bless The United State Of Akure USA
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by johnpablo541(m): 8:01pm On Feb 06, 2020
I spent about three years in Akure. lived at Awule while our office was at Alagbaka.

It was a very pleasurable stay. They are very nice people. Even the police officers are very nice too.

Very low crime rate back then (dont know if it has changed). Most of the foreign contractors moved around without security guards even at night. I was shocked cos it never happens in warri or Port-harcourt city.

Mimiko was the governor back then.

The present governor bought us beer on two occasions. Back then he was not a governor just an aspirant and he lost to Mimiko.

Hung out at 17:59, sunview. Adesupa , then some places at Ijapo estate.

There is the place around National bank they sell amala and ewedu (never liked amala) i only went with because of the goat meat.

The Igbos dominate the trading around Old garage, arakale.

There is a street called Obo street.

Ate something called Asun for the first time at akure. It became my favorite.

They had nice markets. The governor renovated almost all the markets. There is a market you can drive in and be buying your stuffs while sited in your vehicle (forgotten the name).

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 06, 2020
Can any good thing come out of Ondo state? The state is so backward in development. And since the inception of the state, they have gotten a good governorship nominees

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Ttipsy(f): 8:03pm On Feb 06, 2020
Flows001:
I am from North Central but I bet u haven't visited Enugu town... I regretted why I came from d northern part d first day I visited Enugu,I was speechless at d beauty of that city all through my stay.. Igbo people well done work abeg, despite d impact of d Civil war! I don't mind starting a family in Enugu ...life sweet in d state and d people sef no dey find trouble like diz hausa people wey come full North Central and dey look for religion crisis up and down...
true

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by EgunMogaji2: 8:09pm On Feb 06, 2020
CornOak:

Well said sir. But what about the security of tourists/travellers along those expressways?

The fear of Fulani herdsmen, kidnappers, and highway robbers won't encourage people like me. sad

Comfort zones.

This is why I haven’t visited Abuja yet.
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by joeluv: 8:13pm On Feb 06, 2020
I passed through Akure and to be honest it looked nice and clean. Just looks different from other south west states. It’s very green. Unlike whn u pass through Ibaban, the brown roofs are just too many. Hope to visit inside Ibadan to see the nice parts. because whn passing its an eye sore.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by SultanOfPuna: 8:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
Sirdiq21:
Ban de hungry you bro
Na Your Mama wey Ban dey hungry
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by nlPoster: 8:21pm On Feb 06, 2020
prostvision2:
what i see here na empty city with good road is not different from a village in anambra state,i can boldly tell you that nnewi, ekwulobia are more developed filled with peoples than ondo capital chai if the capital of ondo is like this without a good building structures how will the village be? grin grin grin

Seems Anambra is the one place in SE that's trying to make nlers not feel intimidated by other parts of Nigeria, especially the sw?

Possibly Enugu also.

Unless I'm missing something.

Ebonyi is not included in this comment because they're doing a lot to reassure their citizens of governance.

Where is this op from sef? Registered Feb 3 2020.
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by nlPoster: 8:25pm On Feb 06, 2020
hedonister:
I set out from Lagos to Akure, the capital of Ondo state in South West Nigeria to take a cursory look at this historic town.

Akure is one of the most well planned and beautiful cities in all of Nigeria. The city also boasts of good landscape.

Here are pictures i took from my trip.

Kini itumo gbogbo eleyi?
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Ikechukwuezeh94: 8:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Nice.

Nigeria is truly beautiful, if only more people will get out of their comfort zone and be open to new things.
just few pictures of a very limited landmass u conclude dat Nigeria is beautiful,common dnt ever settle for less.let de poster show us de full akure let's see.
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Samstrange44(m): 8:38pm On Feb 06, 2020
Go to Ebonyi state..
U will be mesmerized at what GOV umahi is doing there..
Despite their small allocation from FG..
The state is fastly becoming a business hub

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:39pm On Feb 06, 2020
tyup:
Akure is still not as beautiful as Ibadan tongue

That's the comparison between father and son
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Prompto: 8:52pm On Feb 06, 2020
Keep fooling yourself. You left Abuja n came here to be praising Enugu that Ugwuanyi as turn into a shitbole.

Flows001:
I am from North Central but I bet u haven't visited Enugu town... I regretted why I came from d northern part d first day I visited Enugu,I was speechless at d beauty of that city all through my stay.. Igbo people well done work abeg, despite d impact of d Civil war! I don't mind starting a family in Enugu ...life sweet in d state and d people sef no dey find trouble like diz hausa people wey come full North Central and dey look for religion crisis up and down...

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Originalsly: 8:53pm On Feb 06, 2020
Nice post. Find the city sprawling.... good roads... and pretty much good road discipline by drivers and riders. Not really my cup of tea... too few people too far apart!...more for laid back people. Regardless.... I enjoyed the video!
Op... seems like you not too much into following rules of the road... not used to lanes?.... and I did notice you weren't keeping up with the flow... were you the lead car in a funeral procession? But then when it came to going downhill... the pace stepped up a whole lot!.... how many plugs car?...2/3?? Again... regardless...I enjoyed watching!
To those who want to show off their city... abeg... feel free to open your own thread.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Beautyaddy: 8:59pm On Feb 06, 2020
Emmanuelhector:
Is that all? I saw nothing special and new there.. just mediocre

lol!...I thought I was the only who noticed that.
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by tolijascro(m): 9:01pm On Feb 06, 2020
Omo Kano state fine gannn o! Or those pictures are not from Kano? I can't believe my eyes
Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Nostradamus: 9:04pm On Feb 06, 2020
Ikechukwuezeh94:
just few pictures of a very limited landmass u conclude dat Nigeria is beautiful,common dnt ever settle for less.let de poster show us de full akure let's see.
bros forget o.

Akure is such a beauty and I'm so proud of the city...

The o.p just limited his pictures to oba adesida road.if he should show pics of some places in Akure,you go bow.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) by Aphrygian(m): 9:04pm On Feb 06, 2020
jimyjames:
Is that all? Am not impressed
some of you just like doing rubbish,why will you use the picture of a man of God to do meme?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Dirty Hotel Room I Paid ₦10,000 For A Night - Man Cries Out, Shares Video / Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty / Man Teaches His Daughter How To Drive In Kano As They Crash Into A Pole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.