Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban (65886 Views)

Lagos To Roll Out 500 Last-mile Buses As Alternatives To Okada / Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats / Man Killed By Okada In Anambra Few Days To Okada Ban - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by samuel19222(m): 10:10am On Feb 03, 2020
The ban of tricycle and bikes in Lagos State has left so many pedestrians who depended so much on it as a means of transportation angry.

As at this monday morning people can be seen struggling to board a bus at iyana ipaja under bridge due to the ban on Okada and keke.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by samuel19222(m): 10:10am On Feb 03, 2020
I can’t believe that the brt lane can be serene like this on Monday morning at this part of Lagos.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Righteousness89(m): 10:16am On Feb 03, 2020
H mmmmm...

The Sanwolu Led Lagos Government should bring out whatever they have to Mitigate this matter . It's gradually becoming a crisis...

Banning okada and keke is not a bad idea, but there should be something workable to take their place..

If nothing is in place, then the okada and keke should be sent back to the roads..

Lagosians should not be put to this! This is Untold Suffering!

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by samuel19222(m): 10:18am On Feb 03, 2020
Police can be seen between the brt lane ready to arrest offenders of the ban

7 Likes

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by samuel19222(m): 10:28am On Feb 03, 2020
Lalasticlala see wetin people dey face without those okada, OPay and Gokada guys at the brt lane

3 Likes

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 03, 2020
Lagos state governor gave out motorcycles in December, Gokada signed a deal with MC Oluomo’s road transport union, in less than 6 months after, this is what they got.

We keep shouting that we want investors in Nigeria, how will an investor cope with unstable policies?

When virgin Atlantic was tapped to come and invest in Nigeria, they only asked who will pay for damages Incase there’s a breach of contract... They never got a reply.
It’s such a shame that we treat investors this way

Modified :
Those People with PhD syndrome wey dey quote me , u left the whole truth in the message & capitalized on a single error(breach instead of bridge) to mock yourselves not me because i am saying the truth & it hurts you all Una well done o

Respect to those that drew my attention

254 Likes 21 Shares

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by vizkiz: 10:45am On Feb 03, 2020
Go and buy Horse grin

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by oloriooko(m): 10:48am On Feb 03, 2020
So so sad to see such sudden change which Sanwo could not say during his campaign days, ironically he got so many votes from these people he sacked without providing immediate solution to mitigate the hardship this policy brought.
Akiliogidi:
Lagos state governor gave out motorcycles in December, Gokada signed a deal with MC Oluomo’s road transport union, in less than 6 months after, this is what they got.

We keep shouting that we want investors in Nigeria, how will an investor cope with unstable policies?

When virgin Atlantic was tapped to come and invest in Nigeria, they only asked who will pay for damages Incase there’s a bridge of contract... They never got a reply.
It’s such a shame that we treat investors this way

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 03, 2020
oloriooko:
So so sad to see such sudden change which Sanwo could not say during his campaign days, ironically he got so many votes from these people he sacked without providing immediate solution to mitigate the hardship this policy brought.

Exactly!!!

Our leaders often take decision without thinking how their decision will affect the masses in general.
Like someone said yesterday in another thread; humanity first before beautification

What will now be the fate of those breadwinners who's source of livelihood either directly or indirectly depends on okada & keke?

Alternatives should be provided, I pray God gives them the wisdom to come out with a solution

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Kreamie(m): 3:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
Nigerians eventually always adapt.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by KingAzari: 3:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
Y'all gonna be fine las las.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Perfecttouchade: 3:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
O ga o...another hardship on the struggling fellow Nigerians...una get wetin una vote for cheesy ambode will be laughing at lagosians now

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by stevenson007: 3:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
Seriously a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step....

Lets start from here...

No okada and keke

People will look for sane alternatives themselves (Man must survive)..

But if your choice is to begin robbery (armed & unarmed) bear it in mind that this is the beginning of the end for you!

I have a feeling something good will emanate from this.....

Lagos will be great again..

Imagine that how busstops look like now without the filth of Okada and Keke Napep.

Thats how people complain about Border closure and some wailed to the extent that they wanted to die. But now we are used to it and directly or indirectly, we are reaping the dividends.

Lagosians it only the beginning, we will survive and then from then on better alternatives that people can delve into will be here.

PS: If you tell me that how will they feed their family or people will go into stealing then ask yourselves that what were they doing before they started the okada and keke work or they born them into the world with Keke and Okada

Use your head

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Kendumazy(m): 3:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
Mheen! The ban isn't funny ooo! Outing that cost 500 now cost 1200, 1500. Bus owners are now taking advantage of the ban to hugely increase their fares. Was surprised to hear Agege to ikeja for #250. Something that used to be #100. You need to see hold up too, car owners that rarely brings out their car have started putting it on the road.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
vizkiz:
Go and buy Horse grin
Lol good idea,tbh if I get the money I will buy horse or donkey or even camel

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Bustincole(m): 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
Lord save us all... in dis era

1 Like

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by majamajic(m): 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by bumi10(m): 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
jesu

Lagos really need to upgrade. yes is good these okada people where banned but whats the alternative?

We need subways in this lagos.

vehicles is not enough

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by kunleweb: 3:29pm On Feb 03, 2020
Governor Sanwo Olu. Okada riding and Keke driving is almost the only means of livelihood for people in Apapa and Ijora axis.

Please restrain your show of force against this people. Please I'm pleading.

Just the sight in the second picture says it all.
How these people have against all odds clinched to hope in the hope of a better live through honest living

Let's put an end to these elitist principles that Rob's people of decent livelihood.

Regulate not kill them.

Go to Ikorodu axis, from agric to Isawo, agric, bayeku, move towards oke ira in Ogba, Badore, Awoyaya, Badore, Sangotedo,Ijesha to Lawanson to Ojuelegba to Sabi, central , inner Yaba routes, Onipanu, Shomolu, Palm Grove, Maryland.

Please answer me the state government. If you know these areas at all.

Allow me to also mention residents of Omuokoko, Agbara, Sango axis,Kola, Agbado,Ipaja,Egbeda, Badagry, Alaba do the officials of Lagos understand the inner workings of these routes atall

Let's be gentle with the forceful approach to life's issues. These are humans.

If Lagos State has alternatives, let them register their bikes and then present them after which the buses will or whatever new considerations the government have in mind be presented to these people so they can have their livelihoods and dignity intact than the use of militralistic force against human beings for the sakes of humanity. Please

I'm not leaving out people of Shasha, Mangoro, Cement, Yaya Abatan. Ikotun, Ijegun,
Costain, Anthony, Ketu, Mile2, Festac, Satellite town, BAR BEACH, Eko hotel axis, Opebi

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by MrDoGood(m): 3:29pm On Feb 03, 2020
cry
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Decolonel(m): 3:29pm On Feb 03, 2020
Oboy! See money scatter everywhere like sand. Make I carry my big Bus come Lagos from PH. We must buy Benz this year

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by wunmi590(m): 3:29pm On Feb 03, 2020

Honestly, this policy is actually making me to reconsider Lagos as a permanent home.

This is too harsh, this has rendered many families jobless.

I don't have problem much, as my house is on this island, and my workplace too on the island, but what of those who stay on the mainland, trying to get keke that would take them to their office on the island.

I think the state government needs to return them back until alternative measure is being taken.

They should please consider the family biko, I know the nuisance they constitute on the road, but job is key to leave in Lagos.

Before some people will start telling me I am not a lagosian for defending them.

I am born lagosian, and my family house is on the island, that's what have been saving me, just 30min trek to Victoria island where I work.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by HigherEd: 3:29pm On Feb 03, 2020
I told people repeatedly that sanwoolu is clueless but they never listened.
This is going to be like the waste crisis under ambode.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by jimyjames(m): 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
Lagos is an over populated city with a very poor transportation structure system

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
Derrinclay:

Lol good idea,tbh if I get the money I will buy horse or donkey or even camel
Never forget what happen to Original Superman o!!
Christopher Reeves!!!

Get riding License before you put a horse on the road!!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by sisisioge: 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
Hmmm....I got to the busstop and called my boss that I wasn't coming in today. This is because our initial agreement was for me to telecommute sometimes anyways. However, I had to walk about 5km to use a particular bank in the hot sun because the transaction had to go today. A journey I used to connect with two maruwas of N50 each! Why? Why would they chose to just make life difficult for people?

It is well.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Chillext(m): 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
Go for O horse.
Thank me later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by BreconHills(m): 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2020
Righteousness89:
H mmmmm...

The Sanwolu Led Lagos Government should bring out whatever they have to Mitigate this matter . It's gradually becoming a crisis...

Banning okada and keke is not a bad idea, but there should be something workable to take their place..

If nothing is in place, then the okada and keke should be sent back to the roads..

Lagosians should not be put to this! This is Untold Suffering!

When the objective is attained, the solution will emerge. And you can take that to the bank.
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Johnbosco77(m): 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2020
Shame to our leaders....

Spits on them....
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by Passionate888: 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2020
Buhari sef
Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by ajokeade920: 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2020
Lagos na wa.

3 Likes

Re: The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban by DEROX: 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2020
I can't really say what sanwo olu did was bad those okada riders also behave and cause havoc a lot of times especially the keke maruwa so let sanwo olu ban them for now they wont die without them >:

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.